IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 25th November 2022, 05:14 AM   #1
angrysoba
Philosophile

Died Suddenly - The Loose Change of Covid-19?

Recently, a Facebook acquaintance posted (or tried to post) a link to the documentary released on Rumble called Died Suddenly.

Of course he announced it as "WhaT ThE maINsTREAM MeDIa WON't Let YoU SeE!" and then when I gave some pushback he resorted to "OKaY THEN Go LinE up AND GET yoUr bOosTER!!"

I'm not going to bother linking to it myself, but it is probably pretty easy to find.

Link to a Twitter account that gives a very brief run-down mocking its silliness.

I only watched about 10 minutes or so and thought it was dumb...

A montage of crap about JFK, Bigfoot (no, really!), Building 7, UFOs, Bill Gates, Thomas Malthus.

Apparently the idea is that the Covid vaccines are there to depopulate the world, very slowly, by putting clots that have never been seen before, in humans, by a funeral director called John O'Looney.

No one really knows why John O'Looney, funeral director, is telling people not to get vaccinated, but a cynic might think he has a conflict of interest.
Old 25th November 2022, 05:33 AM   #2
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

It was mentioned in this recent BBC news piece about antivaxxers trolling bereaved people saying their relative died from vaccination. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-63719246

It has the bogus claim that young healthy athletes are dropping dead at unprecedented rates after Covid vaccination (they aren't) and illustrates it with the case of one who collapsed (but thankfully didn't actually die) before Covid vaccination even began.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2022, 06:27 AM   #3
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher

O'Looney? Really? This isn't The Onion?
Old 25th November 2022, 09:54 AM   #4
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

This Twitter thread shows how most of their examples of sudden death mostly didn’t die, or were grossly misrepresented.

https://twitter.com/thereal_truther/...PurqJ-bkVUnYCQ

It should be noted that a number of NBA players have died or collapsed on court (and even died) long before COVID showed up.
Old 25th November 2022, 10:06 AM   #5
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
This Twitter thread shows how most of their examples of sudden death mostly didn’t die, or were grossly misrepresented.

It should be noted that a number of NBA players have died or collapsed on court (and even died) long before COVID showed up.
Thus proving the depth of the VaSt COnspiAcy. How clever they are.
Old 25th November 2022, 01:21 PM   #6
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Watched about three minutes of it; strikes me more like Zeitgeist in terms of being all over the CT map; at one point they appear to imply that Zelensky is a holographic image. And I do love seeing Malthus get praise from Tom Hanks; he won't get much from modern-day economists.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2022, 03:51 PM   #7
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
It has the bogus claim that young healthy athletes are dropping dead at unprecedented rates after Covid vaccination (they aren't) and illustrates it with the case of one who collapsed (but thankfully didn't actually die) before Covid vaccination even began.
Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post

This has been happening forever. There have been soccer players, rugby players, hockey players etc who have dropped dead in the field since the early days of the sport

Here is a list of just soccer players, almost 250, and the list is by no means exhaustive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._while_playing

And there's this...
FIFA Sudden Death Report
To further understand the scale of the problem, a study, named the FIFA Sudden Death Report (FIFA-SDR), was commissioned by FIFA and carried out by Saarland University. It was published in 2020.[7] The report recorded worldwide deaths attributed to sudden cardiac arrest or other unexplained sudden death while playing (or shortly after playing) football during the period from 2014 to 2018. There were 617 cases during the five-year period. In the majority of cases where an autopsy was carried out, the cause of death was Coronary Heart Disease.

Its TRE45ON season... convict the F45CIST!!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2022, 05:27 PM   #8
bknight
Master Poster

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
This has been happening forever. There have been soccer players, rugby players, hockey players etc who have dropped dead in the field since the early days of the sport

Here is a list of just soccer players, almost 250, and the list is by no means exhaustive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._while_playing

And there's this...
FIFA Sudden Death Report
To further understand the scale of the problem, a study, named the FIFA Sudden Death Report (FIFA-SDR), was commissioned by FIFA and carried out by Saarland University. It was published in 2020.[7] The report recorded worldwide deaths attributed to sudden cardiac arrest or other unexplained sudden death while playing (or shortly after playing) football during the period from 2014 to 2018. There were 617 cases during the five-year period. In the majority of cases where an autopsy was carried out, the cause of death was Coronary Heart Disease.
Soccer has a big stress on the body, constant abuse for at least 90 min.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2022, 06:38 PM   #9
8enotto
Illuminator

Nobody really thought these fools were done trying to..... do something obtuse and futile.... about CV and vaccines?

Restrictions are all but lifted in most places already, stores around me only really care you bother with a mask. Gel dispensers are empty, no staff or ropes anywhere.
The lazy won. But for whatever reason they need to fight on.
8enotto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2022, 03:44 PM   #10
novaphile
Quester of Doglets

When a person's life is completely empty, when they are so insignificant that they cannot make any meaningful contribution to society in any way, they become an anti-vaxer.

It's a futile attempt to overcome a lifetime of bad decisions.
Old 26th November 2022, 07:27 PM   #11
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Originally Posted by 8enotto View Post
Nobody really thought these fools were done trying to..... do something obtuse and futile.... about CV and vaccines?

Restrictions are all but lifted in most places already, stores around me only really care you bother with a mask. Gel dispensers are empty, no staff or ropes anywhere.
The lazy won. But for whatever reason they need to fight on.
I live in a small Deep South city where the "lockdowns" - such as they were - never lasted for longer than perhaps a month, and over a year later people were still shouting about ending them as if they were ongoing.

Now, over two years later, they seem to have shifted to an unspoken consensus that the lockdowns are "over" but still invoke them rhetorically as if they had lasted years.
Checkmite is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2022, 08:02 PM   #12
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Oh dear, a conspiracy theorist has just enough of their **** together to make a movie. I strongly doubt they'll handle the notoriety well.
Orphia Nay is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2022, 08:03 PM   #13
8enotto
Illuminator

The talk of requiring a vaccine card to do stuff scared a lot of those that resisted any vaccine.
A lot of talk on that but in long term results it didn't happen.

To be a big, tough well armed sovcit and be denied entry or services for no vaccination meant a booming black market in fake cards. Such shame to even have to fake compliance!

Yeah, I exaggerated a bit but many felt that way.
In the end compliance faltered with most people, even if they wanted mask laws it wasn't to be and it became an individual effort.

Home Depot in town was the biggest example of total compliance. They just recently dropped cleaning trolly/cart handles and only require masks, even if not used properly.
A few other international chains suggest use but don't challenge anyone not using one. Local stores stopped caring.
8enotto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2022, 02:05 AM   #14
MBDK
Muse

The talk of requiring a vaccine card to do stuff scared a lot of those that resisted any vaccine.
A lot of talk on that but in long term results it didn't happen.
It actually did happen in some places. Concerts and sporting events that first opened up in my area required them for a few months. Naturally, it didn't bother me a bit, and was glad to see it enforced the few times I went.
MBDK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2022, 03:09 AM   #15
michael44
Critical Thinker

So far about 20% of the populace around here are continuing to practice safe distancing while wearing masks. And from what I've gathered, most are of the realization that yeah, we all just experienced an actual pandemic, unlike those who continue to downplay it all as if over a million deaths in the US alone wasn't telling enough. ETA. As of current, I've experienced only one head cold since the pandemic began. Which was brought to me by an anti-vax friend who couldn't help but pay visit for a pre-Thanksgiving toast. Needless to say, it's been a pretty standard practice to just stay home if your sick, and not be an idiot who passes on anything but good cheer.
michael44 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2022, 05:29 AM   #16
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
Watched about three minutes of it; strikes me more like Zeitgeist in terms of being all over the CT map; at one point they appear to imply that Zelensky is a holographic image.
Yeah, in my Facebook responses, I did compare it to both Loose Change and Zeitgeist.

Then I saw the same acquaintance (we work together) and told him I watched about ten or fifteen minutes of the film he was promoting and it was even worse than I expected. He looked at me wide-eyed and muttered something like, "How could you think that...?"

Boring account of my argument with an all-purpose conspiracy theorist here...

[
B]"Look, I already think almost all the conspiracy theories that get referenced at the beginning of the film are nonsense, and then trying to argue that the vaccines are part of a plot to depopulate the world is so obviously ridiculous..."[/b]

"Oh, well, of course, I don't believe that part..."

"That's the thesis of the film..."

"Oh, I don't believe the whole big conspiracy thing..."

"Then why did you promote it as though people who don't watch are gullible sheeple and the MSM are suppressing the truth...."

"All I mean is that there have not been sufficient safety checks on these experimental vaccines..."

"That's NOT the argument made in the film. Clearly it is about a globalist conspiracy theory..."

"I just mean that when I had a second shot I felt really bad after it so I think there is something wrong with these jabs... There should be something like five years of trials before..."

"Five years!?! That's obviously not going to happen. You KNOW why the vaccines were needed. It would have been unethical NOT to release them. In fact, if they did NOT the same people would be claiming that the drug companies are sitting on a cure, just like they claim that drug companies are sitting on a cure for cancer. In fact, I remember YOU were one of those claiming that the Democrats were deliberately stalling on the vaccines in the first place to prevent Trump getting the vaccines out before the election. You even said the Democrats were responsible for vaccine hesitancy which killed thousands of people."

"I don't think I said that..."

"You absolutely did!"

Then we debated this a bit more. He did a classic motte-and-bailly where he kept trying to smuggle in the grand conspiracy only to fall back to "Are we completely sure that these vaccines are entirely safe?"

I even teased him a bit by bringing up Klaus Schwarb, the Protocols, Natural News, Infowars. He is the kind of person who would say he believes all of that except the Protocols and how dare I insinuate anti-semitism. Should be interesting now to see him try to defend Trump meeting with Kanye and Nick Fuentes.

I do remember watching Zeitgeist and while a lot of it was about 9/11 there was also a lot that seemed to have been bolted on about debt.

I just looked up who made Zeitgeist and discovered that the director was also very much into the Occupy movement. I have to wonder if his stuff about debt was inspired by another of Occupy's founders, David Graeber. Graeber was pretty far-left, but also pretty interesting. I have never heard of him being a 9/11 Truther though.

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
And I do love seeing Malthus get praise from Tom Hanks; he won't get much from modern-day economists.
Honestly, I don't know how seriously to take any of that. This was a series of soundbites where they seemed to be talking in asides or as a precursor to saying something like, "However, that is not my point" etc...

Just like 9/11 Truthers they often take people out of context who say things like, "It looked like a controlled demolition to my eyes, but when I asked experts about it they explained how different it was and I later found out that the fire department had warned it was about to collapse" and then only quote the highlighted bit.
Old 28th November 2022, 06:34 AM   #17
angrysoba
Philosophile

Susan Oliver has a pretty good video here. She points out some of the lies of the documentary...

One guy makes a really stupid misunderstanding of a Bill Gates talk about how medical care, reproductive rights and vaccines will lead to a lower world's population. It cuts to a funeral director saying that obviously means that vaccines are designed to kill. Ummmm no...

There is also footage taken from before the pandemic used as evidence of bad vaccines, etc...

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 28th November 2022, 11:15 PM   #18
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
Yeah, in my Facebook responses, I did compare it to both Loose Change and Zeitgeist.

I do remember watching Zeitgeist and while a lot of it was about 9/11 there was also a lot that seemed to have been bolted on about debt.
That was the last third of the movie. As I described it, about how the banksters suck the lifeblood of the masses. The first third was a wildly entertaining claim about how Jesus was actually the sun god, Horus of Egypt; only the second part was 9-11 Troof.

Quote:
I just looked up who made Zeitgeist and discovered that the director was also very much into the Occupy movement. I have to wonder if his stuff about debt was inspired by another of Occupy's founders, David Graeber. Graeber was pretty far-left, but also pretty interesting. I have never heard of him being a 9/11 Truther though.
The guy who did it was named Peter Joseph, and I'd describe his philosophy as basically slacker. In later speeches and IIRC at the end of Zeitgeist he stated that his vision was humankind lazing around and doing whatever they want while robots do all the labor for us (but the bad bankers won't allow it).

Quote:
Honestly, I don't know how seriously to take any of that. This was a series of soundbites where they seemed to be talking in asides or as a precursor to saying something like, "However, that is not my point" etc...

Just like 9/11 Truthers they often take people out of context who say things like, "It looked like a controlled demolition to my eyes, but when I asked experts about it they explained how different it was and I later found out that the fire department had warned it was about to collapse" and then only quote the highlighted bit.
When CTers are quoting Mathus it's a good sign that they are going with the "there has to be a mass die-off or we will run out of food" (basic Malthusian economics). From there to "and so 'they' plan to kill us off so they can survive" is basic connect the dots. Now all we have to do is insert the method--rock and roll music, fluoridation, aids, covid-19, covid-19 vaccines, monkey--err mpox.

ETA: Meant to add in my discussion of Zeitgeist my favorite bit. Joseph (who also narrated) had a pretty decent speaking voice but at times did not know how to pronounce some words (actually common with voice acting, which is why scripts usually have a phonetic spelling of any oddball words that might trip the actors up). Hilariously, at one point he refers to a Colonel soandso as "Colone-El". Corrected fairly quickly after I pointed it out at SLC.

Last edited by Brainster; 28th November 2022 at 11:23 PM.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th December 2022, 07:15 PM   #19
Nosi
Illuminator

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
Apparently the idea is that the Covid vaccines are there to depopulate the world, very slowly, by putting clots that have never been seen before, in humans, by a funeral director called John O'Looney.
"John O'Looney" sounds too on the nose to be real!

As for blood clots being a side effect of the vaccine, most of the 'side effects' are also effects of Covid 19 the disease, only much more mild. If you get these side effects, that is a little birdie telling you that you'd not fare well with the Covid 19 disease.

Hiding from the
Nosi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2022, 01:32 PM   #20
bknight
Master Poster

My son is an antivaxxer CT he informaed my wife and myself that he was glad nothing happened to us after taking the covid injections.
He implied we were lucky to be alive since we took vaccinations that changed our DNA (it doesn't) that this was an untested method of disease control (mRNA has been in development since the early 2000's albeit this was the first commercial application to my knowledge).
He informed us the Fauci lied to all of us indicating you wouldn't get covid if you have the injections (I could never find any statements, but I did find one of Bidens to such stupidity (the injections just like the flu vaccinations don't prevent flu just mitigate its severity, just like covid).
He must have watched some of the BS videos all oof you have mentioned. Where did I go wrong in his development?
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2022, 03:13 PM   #21
marting
Illuminator

The proclivity of people w/o subject knowledge to firmly believe stuff like this and other unrelated nonsense makes me wonder why.

But then I'm reminded of how pervasive religion is.

I still don't understand it.
Old 26th December 2022, 03:24 PM   #22
Venom
Philosopher

People aren't smart enough to use social media. Let's go back.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th December 2022, 10:46 AM   #23
JesseCuster
Graduate Poster

I don't know what the situation was like in other countries (I'm in Ireland) but I was required to show my vaccine passport on my phone exactly once (when I went to the cinema).

Apart from that, I've never been required to use it for anything.

Of course, I'm sure that file on my phone is doing something terrible to me in some way.

edit: I was given a vaccine card after my original shots and after my booster, but the idiots who designed it didn't make it a standard credit card sized thing that would fit in my wallet, so it just sat on a shelf in my house until I lost it. No doubt the vaccinations are starting to kill off my brain cells and give me memory problems.

Last edited by JesseCuster; 27th December 2022 at 10:49 AM.
JesseCuster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th December 2022, 12:33 PM   #24
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JesseCuster View Post

edit: I was given a vaccine card after my original shots and after my booster, but the idiots who designed it didn't make it a standard credit card sized thing that would fit in my wallet, so it just sat on a shelf in my house until I lost it. No doubt the vaccinations are starting to kill off my brain cells and give me memory problems.
Yeah, wallet size would have been helpful. I've wound up putting mine inside the clear plastic case on my phone.
Old 27th December 2022, 02:41 PM   #25
novaphile
Quester of Doglets

Originally Posted by JesseCuster View Post
I don't know what the situation was like in other countries (I'm in Ireland) but I was required to show my vaccine passport on my phone exactly once (when I went to the cinema).

Apart from that, I've never been required to use it for anything.

Of course, I'm sure that file on my phone is doing something terrible to me in some way.

I was required to report my vaccination status for work, here in Oz.

Other than that, the only extra thing was to scan QR codes with an app on my phone, when I entered buildings. (Work, shops, restaurants etc.)

Didn't seem to slow anyone down much.
Old 27th December 2022, 07:03 PM   #26
BazBear
Possible Suspect

The only time I've had to show my vaccination card was when I visited my friend in the hospital in April 2021.
BazBear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th December 2022, 08:14 PM   #27
angrysoba
Philosophile

ThE GlobaLIsts are TRaCkiNG uS with TheiR 5g cHIps in tHe VacCInes

Sent from my iPhone, location: 9 King Road, London
Old 27th December 2022, 08:16 PM   #28
angrysoba
Philosophile

By the way, one of the featured conspiracy theorists on Died Suddenly is the despicable, Steve Kirsch.

Look at what the idiot is posting on Twitter. A compilation of people fainting after doing/attempting deadlifts. I am pretty sure I have seen all these clips long before Covid.

Quote:
I have NEVER seen anything like this before. How can the entire medical community not be curious as to what is causing this?
Link
Old 29th December 2022, 04:43 PM   #29
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by bknight View Post
My son is an antivaxxer CT he informaed my wife and myself that he was glad nothing happened to us after taking the covid injections.
He implied we were lucky to be alive since we took vaccinations that changed our DNA (it doesn't) that this was an untested method of disease control (mRNA has been in development since the early 2000's albeit this was the first commercial application to my knowledge).
He informed us the Fauci lied to all of us indicating you wouldn't get covid if you have the injections (I could never find any statements, but I did find one of Bidens to such stupidity (the injections just like the flu vaccinations don't prevent flu just mitigate its severity, just like covid).
He must have watched some of the BS videos all oof you have mentioned. Where did I go wrong in his development?
What is bad, is that Polio is on the rise after years of being almost nonexistent because of Vaccine refusal.
God, I hate Anti Vaxxers with a passion.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2023, 07:42 AM   #30
Chris_Halkides
Penultimate Amazing

Essay on mRNA vaccines

Originally Posted by bknight View Post
This link is a 2015 discussion of the advantages of mRNA vaccines. It is not overly technical, although some familiarity with basic molecular biology is helpful.
Old 3rd January 2023, 03:54 PM   #31
CORed
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Chris_Halkides View Post
This link is a 2015 discussion of the advantages of mRNA vaccines. It is not overly technical, although some familiarity with basic molecular biology is helpful.
Some familiarity with basic molecular biology is also helpful in identifying as bovine scat claims that mRNA vaccines will alter ones DNA. That's not how mRNA works.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2023, 12:33 PM   #32
arayder
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
It was mentioned in this recent BBC news piece about antivaxxers trolling bereaved people saying their relative died from vaccination. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-63719246

There's a guy over in Britain with a YouTube channel who is really getting off on the anti-vac stuff: https://www.youtube.com/@RichardVobes/videos

Vobes's channel used to be about tours of the English country side and I really enjoyed it. But he's gone all conspiracy theory.

A few of his followers are really out there. A couple of days ago a couple of them posted chatter in the comments section about hanging the British Prime Minister.

Vobes must be mindful of YouTube "strikes" because he is carful to add "some people say" and "is it possible that" qualifiers to his comments.
arayder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories