IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags comic strips , nwo kitty , stripgenerator

Old 2nd May 2007, 08:48 AM   #281
Disinfo Agent
Scholar

I think the reason is something like this:

Disinfo Agent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2007, 09:00 AM   #282
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Old 2nd May 2007, 09:04 AM   #283
volatile
Scholar and a Gentleman

Ad nauseam.

Last edited by volatile; 2nd May 2007 at 09:07 AM.
volatile is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2007, 09:05 AM   #284
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2007, 09:08 AM   #285
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

nvm
chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2007, 09:16 AM   #286
Axiom_Blade

Originally Posted by Disinfo Agent View Post
This suspiciously looks like my cartoon from Page 1. Conspiracy!!1
Oh, man! How embarrassing.
Axiom_Blade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2007, 09:36 AM   #287
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Axiom_Blade View Post

All great artists must suffer for their craft.

Old 2nd May 2007, 09:43 AM   #288
aggle-rithm
Ardent Formulist

Originally Posted by Axiom_Blade View Post
Just to get in the spirit of things, here are three alternate endings to the original strip:

Woo's razor: Never attribute to stupidity that which can be adequately explained by aliens.
aggle-rithm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2007, 09:44 AM   #289
aggle-rithm
Ardent Formulist

Next: The apprentice goes to "Pilots for Troof!"

Woo's razor: Never attribute to stupidity that which can be adequately explained by aliens.
aggle-rithm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2007, 11:38 AM   #290
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Disinfo Agent View Post
I think the reason is something like this:

Old 2nd May 2007, 11:52 AM   #291
aggle-rithm
Ardent Formulist

Originally Posted by chipmunk stew View Post
He said "gay"... huh-huh, huh-huh!

Old 2nd May 2007, 12:13 PM   #292
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Old 2nd May 2007, 12:28 PM   #293
Undesired Walrus
Penultimate Amazing

Undesired Walrus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2007, 01:13 PM   #294
Triterope
Muse

No, no, no. We're talking about Robert DeNiro here:

Triterope is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2007, 01:14 PM   #295
Mancman
Graduate Poster

Old 2nd May 2007, 01:18 PM   #296
JonnyFive
Illuminator

The plot thickens... again:

JonnyFive is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2007, 01:51 PM   #297
rtalman
Muse

Making of a Truther (Based on a Troo Story)

rtalman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2007, 01:58 PM   #298
Undesired Walrus
Penultimate Amazing

Undesired Walrus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2007, 02:30 PM   #299
Slayhamlet
Master Poster

Originally Posted by rtalman View Post
Constructive criticism, I'm sure.

I agree with strip 2. I've noticed a number of members are way too quick in assuming sockpuppetry, and people do tend to pile on new CT proponents. We could do with a bit more civility here. However, strips 3 & 4 strike me as bizarre, even accepting the hyperbole. I have never seen any threats made on this board, much less any made with impunity. I know I am a relatively new member, but I have been lurking for a while. I assume from this that you feel the mods have done a poor job of moderating this subforum? Considering this, perhaps you should report the instances of moderator impartiality to an administrator if you have not done so already.
Slayhamlet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2007, 02:54 PM   #300
Civilized Worm
Graduate Poster

I'd like to see more cartoon featuring Thomas Paine and his jet.
Civilized Worm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2007, 03:06 PM   #301
aggle-rithm
Ardent Formulist

Originally Posted by Slayhamlet View Post

I agree with strip 2. I've noticed a number of members are way too quick in assuming sockpuppetry, and people do tend to pile on new CT proponents. We could do with a bit more civility here.

I have seen only one instance when a person claiming to be an impartial fence-sitter turned out to actually have an open mind. When it became clear this was the case, a separate thread was opened so everyone could apologize to this person for treating him like a closed-minded troofer.

The rest of the time, regrettably, these threads just seem to follow the same old pattern, time after time...

Old 2nd May 2007, 04:27 PM   #302
Pipirr
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Slayhamlet View Post

I agree with strip 2. I've noticed a number of members are way too quick in assuming sockpuppetry, and people do tend to pile on new CT proponents. We could do with a bit more civility here.
I agree with strip one and two. I know people that have seen the movie, said that exact same line about it raising interesting questions, and have either done some research or been pointed (by myself) to a good debunking site.

In my ideal world, people like this might find their way over here, ask their questions and get some informative pointers on how LC led them astray (you know, by lying outright). Who knows, maybe they would even stick around and join in, learn more and participate in the skeptical and critical thinking community.

But I think the way new members have been treated doesn't encourage this. It's a heck of a baptism, and I suspect as a consequence it's the hard core believers that tend to sign up.

Having said that, the civility has gone way up around these parts. And going by this thread, so has the funny.

Just my humble opinion...
Pipirr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2007, 04:43 PM   #303
William Rea
Banned

Originally Posted by Pipirr View Post
I agree with strip one and two. I know people that have seen the movie, said that exact same line about it raising interesting questions, and have either done some research or been pointed (by myself) to a good debunking site.

In my ideal world, people like this might find their way over here, ask their questions and get some informative pointers on how LC led them astray (you know, by lying outright). Who knows, maybe they would even stick around and join in, learn more and participate in the skeptical and critical thinking community.

But I think the way new members have been treated doesn't encourage this. It's a heck of a baptism, and I suspect as a consequence it's the hard core believers that tend to sign up.

Having said that, the civility has gone way up around these parts. And going by this thread, so has the funny.

Just my humble opinion...
Chapter 2 is my experience also. I came here as a person who had only previously participated in political forums and even then as a perennial fence sitter. I didn't even know that Loose Change existed at that time but the hostility on here was so incredible that I instinctively felt that something was wrong, I should have walked away then rather than becoming addicted to trying to understand the make up of this forum..

The opportunity to "convert" me through JREF is gone now and I tend to view it as another arm of the same sick animal that is attached to LC. On the other hand LC is not my natural territory so I can't see myself over there but I have been looking at SLC recently.
William Rea is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2007, 04:56 PM   #304
The Great Hairy One
Chief Cdr Scientist, NWO Cloning Labs

You guys need to develop a thicker skin. The flaming here is extremely mild compared to usenet.

Cheers,
TGHO

PS: More comics with NWO Kitty please!
Old 2nd May 2007, 05:03 PM   #305
Pipirr
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by The Great Hairy One View Post
You guys need to develop a thicker skin. The flaming here is extremely mild compared to usenet.
So what? This isn't usenet.

This is The James Randi Educational Foundation, a place to discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly and lively way.

I don't see how accusing a new poster of being a sock puppet and nominating them for a stupid award really meets this description.
Pipirr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2007, 05:08 PM   #306
The Great Hairy One
Chief Cdr Scientist, NWO Cloning Labs

Originally Posted by Pipirr View Post
So what? This isn't usenet.

This is The James Randi Educational Foundation, a place to discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly and lively way.

I don't see how accusing a new poster of being a sock puppet and nominating them for a stupid award really meets this description.

*Shrug* If you join the internet, expect to get a flame or two.

Cheers,
TGHO

Edit: Probably should stop derailing this thread anymore. If you want to discuss the issue of flames, etc., Pipirr, start a new thread.
Old 2nd May 2007, 05:13 PM   #307
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Cheers,
TGHO

PS: More comics with NWO Kitty please!

Just for you

With acknowledgements to Triterope and Jonny Five.
Old 2nd May 2007, 05:21 PM   #308
Undesired Walrus
Penultimate Amazing

Mod Warning
Undesired Walrus, please review Rule 2 of your membership agreement. Posts (including cartoons or images) portraying excessive violence - even in jest - are not acceptable. In particular, this cartoon was about a hypothetical forum member, as opposed to post 293 which potrays non-forum members.

(For all interested parties, please be advised that post 293 is very close to crossing the line, and required a discussion by several moderators before leaving it in place. We would prefer to not have to moderate any more of these, please.)

This particular image has been removed accordingly.
Responding to this modbox in thread will be off topic Posted By:jmercer

Last edited by jmercer; 3rd May 2007 at 07:01 AM.
Old 2nd May 2007, 05:28 PM   #309
ihaunter
Undead Skeptic

It takes a BIG ego to be a conspiracy theorist.

FYI: ACOBI stands for "A Celebration Of Bad Ideas" I want to try to maintain a strip blog there, but don't want it to be just conspiracy theory comics.

"No two humans are created equal. They're like snowflakes with a 250° C combustion temperature." Freefall comic
ihaunter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2007, 05:48 PM   #310
Pipirr
Graduate Poster

Edit: Probably should stop derailing this thread anymore. If you want to discuss the issue of flames, etc., Pipirr, start a new thread.
Not really interested. I say, back to the comic!
Old 2nd May 2007, 08:20 PM   #311
bob_kark
Person of Hench

Old 2nd May 2007, 08:45 PM   #312
bob_kark
Person of Hench

Yes it's theft, but it's funny!
Old 2nd May 2007, 10:07 PM   #313
Zep
Banned

Not strictly a CT 'toon, but this one is an obvious follow-on from the Kitty-does-Montel series above.

Zep is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2007, 11:23 PM   #314
John Blonn
Critical Thinker

John Blonn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2007, 12:11 AM   #315
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Story behind this one at the blog:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BermasGoal.jpg (51.5 KB, 131 views)
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2007, 04:05 AM   #316
The_Fire
Unimpressed Female

And another one.......I'm getting the hang of this !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg the-meanies.jpg (28.2 KB, 131 views)
"We? That better be you and that invisible aardwarck in your pocket you are talking about, because I KNOW you are not stupid enough to open a giant can of whoop ass by claiming you know what I think."
Stop Sylvia Browne
The_Fire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2007, 05:45 AM   #317
chran
Muse

Here's mine

chran is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2007, 06:00 AM   #318
aggle-rithm
Ardent Formulist

Edit: Somehow, the bunny ended up with an extra, vestigial ear in the first one.

Old 3rd May 2007, 06:25 AM   #319
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Old 3rd May 2007, 10:31 AM   #320
bob_kark
Person of Hench

BTW, I know it's a humorous thread, but I still think it deserves to be in Conspiracy Theories rather than sent off to die in the humor forum.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories