IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags islam , koran

Closed Thread
Old 9th October 2017, 05:41 PM   #1
Emre_1974tr
Graduate Poster

The Miracles Continue ...

THE MIRACLES CONTINUE ... (SECTION 2)

The age of the universe is three times the age of our Earth.

Quran 50:38. We assuredly created the heavens and the earth and all that is between them in six days, and nothing of fatigue touched us.

Quran 41.9 Say, "Do you indeed disbelieve in He who created the earth in two days and attribute to Him equals? That is the Lord of the worlds."

<snip>

MY TURKISH ARTICLE TRANSLATED WITH TRANSLATOR

http://emre1974tr.blogspot.com.tr/20...in-devami.html

Edited by Loss Leader:  Edited for Rule 4. Do not quote large tracts of text available elsewhere on the internet.

Edited by zooterkin:  Edited for rule 6. Do not use all caps in thread titles.

Last edited by zooterkin; 10th October 2017 at 02:33 AM.
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th October 2017, 06:06 PM   #2
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post

Wrong.

Quran 50:38. We assuredly created the heavens and the earth and all that is between them in six days, and nothing of fatigue touched us.

Quran 41.9 Say, "Do you indeed disbelieve in He who created the earth in two days and attribute to Him equals? That is the Lord of the worlds."

The verses say the universes and our universe have been created in 6 days/stages, and our Earth is in 2 days/phases.

So the age or creation phase of the universe means three times the age of our Earth or the stage of creation.

Today, science also gives a similar knowledge: Our universe is 13.5 billion years old and our Earth is 4.5 billion years old....
Wrong.

In other words, science indicates that the age of our universe is 3 times the age of our Earth(4.5 X 3 = 13.5).
Wrong.

I answer to those who object to me saying, "But this rate is valid only in our day":
Nobody has proposed any such thing.

Our universe / universes are 6 days old, the Earth has 2 days of eviction, the age of the universe is three times the world's age, When the Quran landed.
Wrong. Arabs used to be good at math hundreds of years ago. Whatever happend to that? Oh, that was islam.

And science is introducing us with a new miracle to say the same thing.
Is it? You're flat out wrong, but feel free to present any actual evidence.

In the meantime, I would like to share my remarks in the light of the Qur'an about how the universes were created together (in Turkish):

http://emre1974tr.blogspot.com.tr/20...revrenler.html
Sorry, this is an english forum and the koran is a steaming pile of crap.

And this link is explained in the verses I mentioned in my study; The fact that stars are shooting light / flames may now be discovered / displayed:

https://www.upi.com/Science_News/201...475783632/ph2/
No, you are making a fundamental error of retconning.

The miracles / evidences of the Qur'an are emerging and appear with ever increasing impression.
How do you account for the fact that the koran predicts nothing about QM, QFT, QED, or even satellites. I could go on, but I bet Smartphones don't appear in the koran.

Peace and love

MY TURKISH ARTICLE TRANSLATED WITH TRANSLATOR

http://emre1974tr.blogspot.com.tr/20...in-devami.html
Don't care about that wing nuttery. It looks toxic.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th October 2017, 06:14 PM   #3
Hans
Philosopher

Howdy: Are you Adnan Oktar also known as Harun Yahya or one of his fans?

Last edited by Hans; 9th October 2017 at 06:15 PM.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th October 2017, 06:26 PM   #4
Loss Leader
I would save the receptionist.

The verses say the universes and our universe have been created in 6 days/stages, and our Earth is in 2 days/phases.

So the age or creation phase of the universe means three times the age of our Earth or the stage of creation.

That's not what the bible says. It says, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Earth was created on day 1. In order for your particular bit of mental arithmetic to add up, Earth would have to have been created on day 5.

You're ignoring the clear language of the bible in favor of the verses that suit your particular theory. I doubt that there is any religious authority - Jewish, Christian or Muslim - that would adopt such blasphemy.

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th October 2017, 06:30 PM   #5
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Let's see if you can figure anything out.

If you have a child born to you at your age of 19, the child will be zero, right?

When the child is 10 years old, what age will you be?

How many thirty year olds around the entire earth nave a ten year old child?

Isn't that amazing? Exactly two thirds? Isn't that amazing?

Well no. it is commonplace. I happen to have two kids and while I could seek back in time to find a time when either of them were a precisely a third of my age, I don't. Because that would be stupid. It is mathematically almost certain to happen unless I were Hugh Heffner.

That is simply taking your numerological crap at face value.

But to get precise, the age of the universe is currently estimated at 13.799 billion years and the age of the Earth is 4.54 billion years. No matter how you slice it, the number is not 3, and your sources are not correct.

It's just a game and you fell for it. sorry.

abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th October 2017, 06:30 PM   #6
Emre_1974tr
Graduate Poster

No Hans, I am Emre Karaköse.

Peace
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th October 2017, 06:31 PM   #7
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Howdy: Are you Adnan Oktar also known as Harun Yahya or one of his fans?
Who cares?

Old 9th October 2017, 06:32 PM   #8
Emre_1974tr
Graduate Poster

for those who say, including the fractions:

Our Earth is 4.57 billion years old

The universe is 13.7 billion years old.

3 times again

Greetings and Love
Old 9th October 2017, 06:56 PM   #9
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

3 times again

Greetings and Love
Universe - 13.72 or 13.82 B
Earth - 4.54 X 3 = 13.62.

You are off by 30+ MILLION years.
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th October 2017, 07:26 PM   #10
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
Universe - 13.72 or 13.82 B
Earth - 4.54 X 3 = 13.62.

You are off by 30+ MILLION years.
More than that, but for now let us run with that number.

Mo got it wrong by 30 million plus years and god was so dumb as to not hand down a correction. Whee.

However, 3.5 billion years ago what was the relationship?
1:5.

We could play that game forever.

Of course this is meaningless drivel as an idea.

Old 9th October 2017, 07:38 PM   #11
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

Earth maths suck.
Old 9th October 2017, 08:08 PM   #12
Thor 2
Philosopher

I may have this wrong but don't think Emre_1974tr is trying to say there is something special about the number 3. It is just that the writings of his holy book seem to match modern day science as far as proportions of Earth/Universe life.

Not very impressive mind you and out by a considerable margin. Mind you the error brings the ratio closer to the value of Pi. If it were the value of Pi that would be impressive. The God of the Old Testament had a go at giving us Pi but was not up to it.

Any other mentions of Pi in the Koran Emre_1974tr? No circular arguments now.
Old 9th October 2017, 08:35 PM   #13
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

I can easily disprove everything in the op with the titular Novel: Ender's Game.

Granted a different book has the answer for everything in the universe, This one defeats your argument via my own personal interpretations.
Old 9th October 2017, 09:54 PM   #14
Loss Leader

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
However, 3.5 billion years ago what was the relationship?
1:5.

We could play that game forever.

I didn't think of it, but you're absolutely right. The relationship between the age of the universe and the earth was, at one point, Inf./1 and will approach 1/1. There's no logical reason to take our measurement at any particular intermediate point.

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th October 2017, 10:54 PM   #15
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

But to get precise, the age of the universe is currently estimated at 13.799 billion years and the age of the Earth is 4.54 billion years. No matter how you slice it, the number is not 3, and your sources are not correct.
I'm not following this part of your argument. 3 seems to be within the error bars for this calculation.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th October 2017, 12:23 AM   #16
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

3 times again
And in, say, half a billion years? What then?

There necessarily has to be some point at which two things of different ages but aging at the same rate have a ratio of X:1, where X is whatever deep and meaningful number you want it to be. You also, conveniently, seem to have left off the +- thing from both ages, but allowed for it in your answer. How very convenient.

Quote:
Greetings and Love
This sort of thing is extremely annoying. If you want reasonable discourse here you might consider not pissing off your interlocutors with this stuff.
"The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place." The Don That's what we've sunk to here.

Last edited by MikeG; 10th October 2017 at 01:00 AM.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th October 2017, 03:59 AM   #17
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Does the Quran also specify when, relative to the universe and to our planet, God created life, animals and humans? Do the proportions match reality?
Old 10th October 2017, 04:05 AM   #18
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
I'm not following this part of your argument. 3 seems to be within the error bars for this calculation.
Allah does not have "error bars".

Old 10th October 2017, 07:03 AM   #19
Emre_1974tr
Graduate Poster

https://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9609802.0

Peace
Old 10th October 2017, 07:30 AM   #20
Myriad
The Clarity Is Devastating

This forum is not your MyFaceGram WallPageFeed. How about responding to the posts people are posting here, instead of serving up your cold leftovers that no one at free-minds.org cared enough to respond to when you posted them the first time?
Old 10th October 2017, 07:36 AM   #21
fagin
Philosopher

I posted this on his other spamfest:

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
Although judging from his previous threads, I might be expecting a bit much.
Dear L0rca

İf you are intelligent, you will be muslim.

You don't know evolution. İf you will learn this spiritualist beliving, you will escape from this dogma.

İf you want to be real materyalist, you must leave this. You don't know real face of this thing.

Regards.
Old 10th October 2017, 07:42 AM   #22
The Greater Fool
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
This forum is not your MyFaceGram WallPageFeed. How about responding to the posts people are posting here, instead of serving up your cold leftovers that no one at free-minds.org cared enough to respond to when you posted them the first time?
That WOULD be a miracle.
Old 10th October 2017, 08:13 AM   #23
I Am The Scum
Philosopher

Neither of these quotes describe either the age of the earth or the age of the universe.

For example, take the following two sentences.

1. One day, I built a bookshelf.
2. Four days after that, I built a coffee table.

Question: What is the age of the bookshelf, and what is the age of the coffee table?

You don't have enough information.
I Am The Scum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th October 2017, 08:33 AM   #24
Scorpion
Illuminator

As I have said on my thread about what the Quran says, the Quran is simply copying the bible when it states the heaven and earth were created in six days.

Both the bible and Quran say one of Gods days is a thousand years, therefore they are both saying heaven and earth were created in six thousand years and they are both wrong. This is clear evidence the Quran is plagiarism from the bible.

Quran, surah 7.54 Lo! your Lord is Allah who created the heavens and the earth in six days.

Quran, surah 10.3 Lo! your Lord is Allah who created the heaven and earth in six days.

Quran, surah 11.7 And He it is. Who created the heavens and the earth in six days.

Quran, surah 25.59 Who created the heaven and earth and all that is between them in six days.

Quran, surah 50.38 And surely We created the heaven and earth, and all that is between them, in six days.

Quran, surah 57.4 He it is Who created the heaven and earth in six days.

Quran, surah 22.47 A day in the sight of the Lord is like a thousand years of your reckoning.

Quran, surah 32.4 Allah it is who created the heaven and earth, and that which is between them, in six days.

Quran, surah 32.5 He directs the ordinance from the heaven unto the earth; then it ascends unto him, in a day whereof the measure is a thousand years of that you reckon.

Here are the bible sources for these texts.

Bible, Genesis 1.31 And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Bible 2Peter 3.8 But beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is as with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy

Last edited by Scorpion; 10th October 2017 at 08:39 AM.
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th October 2017, 08:52 AM   #25
Monza
Alta Viro

Slicker Smith (Bud Abbott): You’re 40 years-old and you’re in love with this little girl that’s 10 years-old. You’re four times as old as that girl and you couldn’t marry her, could you?

Herbie Brown (Lou Costello): Not unless I come from the mountains.

Slicker Smith (Bud Abbott): All right- you’re 40 years-old, you’re four times as old as this girl, and you can’t marry her, so you wait five years. By that time the little girl’s 15 and you’re 45. You’re only three times as old as that little girl. So you wait 15 years and when the girl is 30, you’re at 60. You’re only twice as old as that little girl.

Herbie Brown (Lou Costello): She’s catching up.

Slicker Smith (Bud Abbott): Yes, yes. Now here’s the question. How long do you have to wait until you and that little girl are the same age?

Herbie Brown (Lou Costello): Now what kinda question is that? That’s ridiculous!

Slicker Smith (Bud Abbott): Ridiculous or not, answer the question.

Herbie Brown (Lou Costello): If I wait for that girl she’ll pass me up. She’ll wind up older than I am.

Slicker Smith (Bud Abbott): What are you talking about?

Herbie Brown (Lou Costello): She’ll have to wait for me!

Slicker Smith (Bud Abbott): Why should she wait for you?

Herbie Brown (Lou Costello): …I was nice enough to wait for her!
Monza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th October 2017, 10:18 AM   #26
Emre_1974tr
Graduate Poster

The Bible is not in the market right now. There are many gospels and hadith books that contain human words under the name of the Bible. So the Bible in your hand contains many mistakes, of course
Old 10th October 2017, 10:20 AM   #27
Donn
Philosopher

Originally Posted by I Am The Scum View Post
Neither of these quotes describe either the age of the earth or the age of the universe.

For example, take the following two sentences.

1. One day, I built a bookshelf.
2. Four days after that, I built a coffee table.

Question: What is the age of the bookshelf, and what is the age of the coffee table?

You don't have enough information.
I loved this.

Originally Posted by Thor 2 View Post
Any other mentions of Pi in the Koran..? No circular arguments now.
And this!
Donn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th October 2017, 10:21 AM   #28
Donn
Philosopher

The Bible is not in the market right now. There are many gospels and hadith books that contain human words under the name of the Bible. So the Bible in your hand contains many mistakes, of course
Same as the Bible in your head.
Donn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th October 2017, 10:21 AM   #29
sackett
Philosopher

No Hans, I am Emre Karaköse.

Peace
I think you're Kumar.

Okay, Kumar's evil twin. Or he's yours.

My head hurts.

When I lashed them with a length of chain, they called me sir.
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th October 2017, 10:28 AM   #30
Donn
Philosopher

Originally Posted by sackett View Post
I think you're Kumar.

Okay, Kumar's evil twin. Or he's yours.

My head hurts.
It was the dümlaut, wasn't it?
Old 10th October 2017, 10:29 AM   #31
Loss Leader

How did you determine that the bible you're using was the right one?

L. Leader
Old 10th October 2017, 10:57 AM   #32
Emre_1974tr
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Loss Leader View Post
How did you determine that the bible you're using was the right one?

I don't use Bibles. We only have the Koran now as a Holly Book.

The evidence shows that, of course.
Old 10th October 2017, 11:03 AM   #33
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

I don't use Bibles. We only have the Koran now as a Holly Book........
Something else you religious types have pinched from pagans. Goes well with ivy at mid-winter celebrations.
"The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place." The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th October 2017, 11:06 AM   #34
Emre_1974tr
Graduate Poster

According to the Qur'an, our Earth, the universe, and other universes are geoid.I explained it in my Turkish article with its proofs. The Qur'an offers a multiple-universe model.

But the universes are limited numbers, not infinite numbers. Example; 7 universes...

http://emre1974tr.blogspot.com.tr/20...revrenler.html
Old 10th October 2017, 11:13 AM   #35
Donn
Philosopher

According to the Qur'an, our Earth, the universe, and other universes are geoid.I explained it in my Turkish article with its proofs. The Qur'an offers a multiple-universe model.

But the universes are limited numbers, not infinite numbers. Example; 7 universes...
It is truly average how these books can follow where science has led.
Old 10th October 2017, 11:17 AM   #36
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

Allah does not have "error bars".
That doesn't make your assertion correct.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th October 2017, 11:24 AM   #37
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
That doesn't make your assertion correct.
Then I wish you luck attempting to convince muslims that Allah is not perfect. 13.799B - (4.54B x 3)= 170,000,000 years.

Old 10th October 2017, 11:29 AM   #38
Scorpion
Illuminator

I don't use Bibles. We only have the Koran now as a Holly Book.

The evidence shows that, of course.
If you read the bible you will find it very familiar, because most of the Quran is stolen from the bible.

For example the bible old testament has what are obviously Jewish myths, like Jonah being swallowed by a whale, and being spat up on a beach alive. There is also Noah's ark and the flood, and Moses parting the red sea.

All these stories appear in the Quran which claims them as history, when they are obviously just myths.

The Quran drops the names of bible characters all through it and has very little narrative. Surah 12 is clearly and obviously a half remembered rambling account of the story of Joseph in the bible.
Surah 12 is completely incomprehensible if you have not already read the story in Genesis in the bible. Surah 12 leaves out essential details of the story which means it makes no sense. The account in Genesis is four times longer than the Qurans rambling edited version of the story.
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th October 2017, 11:35 AM   #39
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

Then I wish you luck attempting to convince muslims that Allah is not perfect. 13.799B - (4.54B x 3)= 170,000,000 years.
So you're tripling down on this mistake.
Old 10th October 2017, 11:41 AM   #40
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

What mistake?

Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy