ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2020 elections , joe biden , presidential candidates

Reply
Old Yesterday, 08:52 AM   #1161
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing
 
Puppycow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 24,860
Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
1. Who's Eddie Krassenstein and why should his opinion matter?

2. What's the evidence, and why does it only "cast dobut" rather than "contradict"? How much doubt? Is Eddie doing good analysis, or just amateur kremlinology?
I've never heard of either of them before (it's Brian and Eddie, there's two of them). It's just something that came up when I did a search on Tara Reade's name. By all means take what they say with an appropriate amount of salt, as any good skeptic should. I can't independently verify anything in there, but it appears that they did a lot of checking on things she has written on the internet using various social media accounts. The Russia stuff in particular makes me wonder whether the Russians got to her somehow, because she seems to be have been parroting Russian propaganda.
__________________
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare
Puppycow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 09:30 AM   #1162
Giz
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 8,660
Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
I've never heard of either of them before (it's Brian and Eddie, there's two of them). It's just something that came up when I did a search on Tara Reade's name. By all means take what they say with an appropriate amount of salt, as any good skeptic should. I can't independently verify anything in there, but it appears that they did a lot of checking on things she has written on the internet using various social media accounts. The Russia stuff in particular makes me wonder whether the Russians got to her somehow, because she seems to be have been parroting Russian propaganda.
Surely the Russians would want to use an agent that hadn’t blown her cover?
Giz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 09:32 AM   #1163
SuburbanTurkey
Illuminator
 
SuburbanTurkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Norwood, MA
Posts: 3,329
Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
I've never heard of either of them before (it's Brian and Eddie, there's two of them). It's just something that came up when I did a search on Tara Reade's name. By all means take what they say with an appropriate amount of salt, as any good skeptic should. I can't independently verify anything in there, but it appears that they did a lot of checking on things she has written on the internet using various social media accounts. The Russia stuff in particular makes me wonder whether the Russians got to her somehow, because she seems to be have been parroting Russian propaganda.
The Krassenstein brothers are notorious internet grifters. Probably some of the worst people to emerge from resistance lib hysteria.

I suppose this is an improvement to their last work, a children's book featuring semi-erotic shirtless depictions of Robert Mueller.



Is this what counts as evidence to dismiss a potential rape victim as a liar? Twitter analysis from the Krassensteins?
__________________
Gobble gobble

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; Yesterday at 09:35 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:13 AM   #1164
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 15,148
Originally Posted by theprestige
Quote:
Evidence Casts Doubt on Tara Reade’s Sexual Assault Allegations of Joe Biden
1. Who's Eddie Krassenstein and why should his opinion matter?
I have no idea who Krassenstein is, and I certainly wouldn't be using his 'opinion' on the matter; instead, I would look at the article as a source of fact/evidence, and then draw your own conclusions.
Quote:
2. What's the evidence
Well, we know for one thing that as recently as 2017, Reade was praising Biden. (You can actually see at least one of the actual postings right on the Twitter site.)

https://twitter.com/taramccabe94/sta...20222639607808

Now, I am not a psychologist... but, I do have to question how common it is for a victim of a traumatic experience to be supportive of the perpetrator.

Plus, you also have the fact that her story has changed over time. And this is verified by other (more reputable) media sources. For example, from: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ignored-claims
Reade also gave a slightly different version of events last year; she accused Biden of touching her neck and shoulders in a way that was inappropriate and uncomfortable, but did not say anything sexual took place.

Now neither of these is proof that Biden is innocent. But compare that to the Ford/Kavanaugh case, where there was a distinct lack of praise for Drunky McRapeface from Ford prior to his supreme court nominiation.
Quote:
and why does it only "cast dobut" rather than "contradict"? How much doubt? Is Eddie doing good analysis, or just amateur kremlinology?
You're just wasting time playing with words, trying to use irrelevant distinctions in terminology.
__________________
Trust me, I know what I'm doing. - Sledgehammer

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:15 AM   #1165
SuburbanTurkey
Illuminator
 
SuburbanTurkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Norwood, MA
Posts: 3,329
Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
I have no idea who Krassenstein is, and I certainly wouldn't be using his 'opinion' on the matter; instead, I would look at the article as a source of fact/evidence, and then draw your own conclusions.
It matters who the author is because the reader is relying on them to be honest brokers of the facts. We have no idea what the Krassensteins found while crawling through her social media accounts, only what they decided to share.

The Krassensteins are grifters. They would absolutely cherry pick a twitter feed to paint someone as a villain if it suited their purposes.
__________________
Gobble gobble
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:19 AM   #1166
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing
 
Trebuchet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Great Northwet
Posts: 25,973
Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
Well, I'm not a Biden supporter, just a "blue no matter who" supporter. I would not have chosen Biden if it were up to me. But it ain't.
I would have four years ago, but would rather have had Warren this time.
__________________
Cum catapultae proscribeantur tum soli proscripti catapultas habeant.
Trebuchet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:38 AM   #1167
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 42,813
Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
I've never heard of either of them before (it's Brian and Eddie, there's two of them). It's just something that came up when I did a search on Tara Reade's name. By all means take what they say with an appropriate amount of salt, as any good skeptic should. I can't independently verify anything in there, but it appears that they did a lot of checking on things she has written on the internet using various social media accounts. The Russia stuff in particular makes me wonder whether the Russians got to her somehow, because she seems to be have been parroting Russian propaganda.
Fair enough. I'm trying to cut back on clicking on links that are presented without comment, just to find out WTF is actually being said, if anything. If you thought there was enough value in the analysis to post excerpts here and discuss them, it'd be different. If we're just going as far as finding a headline on the Internet, I don't have any strong need to go further than that.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 12:08 PM   #1168
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing
 
thaiboxerken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 30,593
Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
1. Who's Eddie Krassenstein and why should his opinion matter?

2. What's the evidence, and why does it only "cast dobut" rather than "contradict"? How much doubt? Is Eddie doing good analysis, or just amateur kremlinology?
You could read the article and find out.
__________________
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 01:52 PM   #1169
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 15,148
Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Quote:
I have no idea who Krassenstein is, and I certainly wouldn't be using his 'opinion' on the matter; instead, I would look at the article as a source of fact/evidence, and then draw your own conclusions.
It matters who the author is because the reader is relying on them to be honest brokers of the facts.
Uhh... no we aren't relying on them for anything. They presented facts/evidence. We have the ability to verify their evidence (at least in some cases) by going to original sources. And we have other media sources which verify at least some of their claims.
Quote:
We have no idea what the Krassensteins found while crawling through her social media accounts, only what they decided to share.
The claims against Biden are known to the public. If there is evidence to support Reade's accusations, it would likely already be known from other sources (considering how much the right-wing media would want to smear Biden.)
Quote:
The Krassensteins are grifters. They would absolutely cherry pick a twitter feed to paint someone as a villain if it suited their purposes.
They provided evidence that supports their opinion. But as far as I can see, the facts they presented are accurate, even if it is (as you claim) cherry-picked.

If you say "the sky is green", and I present a photo showing the sky is blue, its pretty good evidence that your 'green sky' belief may be faulty. Similarly, if we have evidence that Reade is somehow unreliable, that evidence is not going to go away.

This case is weird... a supposed biden supporter doing a 180 and accusing him of assault (after years of publicly supporting him, using an inconsistent story of the attack). I know you're eager to condemn Biden because anyone who isn't sanders is automatically a hitler-wannabe.
__________________
Trust me, I know what I'm doing. - Sledgehammer

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:27 PM   #1170
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles
 
TragicMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Monkey
Posts: 54,463
It's in the public's interest to supoena Corn Pop to find out his take on events. I bet it will be choice!
__________________
You added nothing to that conversation, Barbara.
TragicMonkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 04:25 PM   #1171
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing
 
Puppycow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 24,860
Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Fair enough. I'm trying to cut back on clicking on links that are presented without comment, just to find out WTF is actually being said, if anything. If you thought there was enough value in the analysis to post excerpts here and discuss them, it'd be different. If we're just going as far as finding a headline on the Internet, I don't have any strong need to go further than that.
As far as I'm concerned the burden of proving the allegation is on Reade. It is not on Biden to prove a negative, which is generally impossible.

It does seem pretty clear from the available evidence that from around 2018, she began expressing pro-Putin views. How did she come to have those views? Was she befriended by Russians? And if so, who exactly were those Russians anyway? Just regular folks without a political agenda, or perhaps (unbeknownst to Reade even) Russian agents looking for assets to exploit?

Why a Liberal Democrat Supports Vladimir Putin Alexandra Tara Reade, J.D.

(If you read this whole story, it reads like something that could have been written by Putin's own PR people. Did she come to these ideas on her own, or did someone help her along, help shape her thinking about Russia and Putin?)

Quote:
Through my lens, President Putin brought a chaotic and failed nation to become a vibrant, creative, economic force within a decade. I don’t care what your politics; just admit that his sheer, calculated vision and willful energy brought Russia back to be a world power. Now, I said this to a friend recently, she waved her glass of Merlot at me and began the “anti-Russia” lecture we all have come in America to memorize, a tale of spies, oligarchs, rigged elections and murders. I start to drift. I listen to the Sade song playing in the background “The Sweetest Taboo” as she speaks. When she finishes, I say, “Well, he is very good to women, holds them in high regard.” She starts to protest then stops and says, “yes, yes, but…” She trails off no doubt thinking of the American President’s obvious disdain and objectification of all women. I shrug. Maybe, America is on some wrong side of very big issues and we need to look at our own actions. For example,Yemen or Afghanistan. It used to be fashionable as a Democrat to embrace our Russian sisters and brothers. Now, it is supposed to be only Republican territory. This is ironic since the whole American anti-Russian propaganda came originally from neo-conservative hawks.

There have been many American administration changes; President Putin has tried again and again to keep diplomatic ties strong. I am sure, President Putin has experienced political whiplash with the mercurial American diplomatic meetings. But then he is against an American machine that is more than one politician; it is an American political landmine full of traps, set up before he even came to power. The agenda was clear, concise and evident when I worked in Washington DC, keep the Russians talking but bring their nation down and no world seat for them at the table. Politics has always been a blood sport.

President Putin’s genius is his judo ability to conserve his own energy and let the opponents flail, using up their energy, while he gains position. Currently, President Putin has a higher approval rating in America then the American President, particularly with women. President Putin has an alluring combination of strength with gentleness. His sensuous image projects his love for life, the embodiment of grace while facing adversity. It is evident that he loves his country, his people and his job. Although his job may seem like in the words of writer, Elizabeth Gilbert on genius, “ trying to swallow the sun.” This is a whole lot to deal with for one mere mortal… President Putin’s obvious reverence for women, children and animals, and his ability with sports is intoxicating to American women. Especially since the bloated, American President is so negative, denigrating and dismissive of anyone but himself as he stumbles even playing golf (which is not a real sport anyway but a past time, sorry golfers).
Where would an American come across such curious views about Vladimir Putin, I wonder? Who are her Russian friends, exactly?
__________________
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare
Puppycow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 04:33 PM   #1172
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 42,813
Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
As far as I'm concerned the burden of proving the allegation is on Reade. It is not on Biden to prove a negative, which is generally impossible.
Yep. I agree with this completely. As far as I'm concerned, Reade's accusations are unproven and should be treated accordingly.

Quote:
<amateur kremlinology snipped>
This is the "amateur kremlinology" thing I was talking about.

And stop beating around the bush. If you think Putin's troll farm got to her, just say so plainly.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 04:55 PM   #1173
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing
 
Puppycow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 24,860
Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Yep. I agree with this completely. As far as I'm concerned, Reade's accusations are unproven and should be treated accordingly.


This is the "amateur kremlinology" thing I was talking about.

And stop beating around the bush. If you think Putin's troll farm got to her, just say so plainly.
It looks like a strong possibility that her thinking has been influenced by Russian agents. I thought that was pretty clear. Yeah, I do think that they likely "got to her" somehow. Perhaps she was befriended by Russian agents. I don't know exactly how they did it, but that article about how awesome Vladimir Putin is could only be Russian propaganda. I mean, don't take my word for it. Read it yourself if you have any doubt.
__________________
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare
Puppycow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 05:04 PM   #1174
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped
 
Sideroxylon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Aporia
Posts: 22,716
Forgot my tin foil hat.
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 05:11 PM   #1175
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 18,022
Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
It looks like a strong possibility that her thinking has been influenced by Russian agents. I thought that was pretty clear. Yeah, I do think that they likely "got to her" somehow. Perhaps she was befriended by Russian agents. I don't know exactly how they did it, but that article about how awesome Vladimir Putin is could only be Russian propaganda. I mean, don't take my word for it. Read it yourself if you have any doubt.

The thing that you don't understand is that Vladimir Putin is awesome and you are propagandized. Read his address to the nation from a couple of days ago if you want to know how a competent politician handles a crisis. Better spent than reading nonsense by some inconsequential media hag or whoever that person is.
__________________
Audiatur et altera pars
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 05:15 PM   #1176
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 18,022
Btw, the Russian "troll farm" has won in US courts recently. Google it. Another tall tale you got sold.
__________________
Audiatur et altera pars
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 05:46 PM   #1177
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped
 
Sideroxylon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Aporia
Posts: 22,716
When mere competence has you lauded as a great world leader. What a time to be alive.
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM   #1178
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 18,022
Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
When mere competence has you lauded as a great world leader. What a time to be alive.

At least he made his country sovereign again. The leaders of our countries failed to do so, yours more obvious than mine (which is breathtaking).
__________________
Audiatur et altera pars
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:01 PM   #1179
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped
 
Sideroxylon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Aporia
Posts: 22,716
But, yeah hasn’t Biden’s image of Obama’s cheery playmate that we were being sold aged badly.
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:11 PM   #1180
applecorped
Rotten to the Core
 
applecorped's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 19,987
Biden has his green book
__________________
All You Need Is Love.
applecorped is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:16 PM   #1181
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 18,022
Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
But, yeah hasn’t Biden’s image of Obama’s cheery playmate that we were being sold aged badly.

We shouldn't give a ****.
__________________
Audiatur et altera pars
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:19 PM   #1182
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped
 
Sideroxylon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Aporia
Posts: 22,716
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
We shouldn't give a ****.
Unburdened by optimism, I am a detached observer.
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:53 PM   #1183
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing
 
Puppycow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 24,860
Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
Forgot my tin foil hat.
I get it. It sounds like conspiracy-mongering. But can you think of another reason why someone who calls themselves an American Liberal would write such dross as "President Putin’s obvious reverence for women, children and animals, and his ability with sports is intoxicating to American women." or "His sensuous image projects his love for life, the embodiment of grace while facing adversity."?
__________________
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare
Puppycow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:57 PM   #1184
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing
 
Puppycow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 24,860
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
The thing that you don't understand is that Vladimir Putin is awesome and you are propagandized. Read his address to the nation from a couple of days ago if you want to know how a competent politician handles a crisis. Better spent than reading nonsense by some inconsequential media hag or whoever that person is.
Yes, Comrade. I'm sure it's just bad luck that journalists who criticize Putin and political opponents keep ending up dead. Clearly he has an "intoxicating effect".
__________________
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare
Puppycow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:03 PM   #1185
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 18,022
Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
Yes, Comrade. I'm sure it's just bad luck that journalists who criticize Putin and political opponents keep ending up dead. Clearly he has an "intoxicating effect".

What you are "sure" about is complete nonsense. I'm not a communist, Putin is not a dictator and you are in complete misunderstanding of the world situation.
__________________
Audiatur et altera pars
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM   #1186
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped
 
Sideroxylon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Aporia
Posts: 22,716
Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
I get it. It sounds like conspiracy-mongering. But can you think of another reason why someone who calls themselves an American Liberal would write such dross as "President Putin’s obvious reverence for women, children and animals, and his ability with sports is intoxicating to American women." or "His sensuous image projects his love for life, the embodiment of grace while facing adversity."?
Arguments from personal incredulity, as we have above, form a basis for a lot of CTs.
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:48 PM   #1187
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 79,957
Originally Posted by ProBonoShill View Post
And you know this how?
Because he's a public figure in his 70s and has never shown any evidence of being a womanizer, a groper, anything.

Everyone is not guilty because someone accuses them.
__________________
Trump Lied, People Died What color hat should I order with that logo? I think red on black.

Space Force.
Because feeding poor people is socialism.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:52 PM   #1188
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped
 
Sideroxylon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Aporia
Posts: 22,716
Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Because he's a public figure in his 70s and has never shown any evidence of being a womanizer, a groper, anything.

Everyone is not guilty because someone accuses them.
Just your political foes.
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:58 PM   #1189
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 79,957
Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
Color me surprised... not.

Interesting though that she said this first:
Quote:
In April of 2019, Reade originally said that Joe Biden’s handsiness made her feel uncomfortable when she worked as a Senate aide in 1993. At the time, however, she said that she did not consider Biden’s actions to be sexualization, instead comparing her experience to that of being a beautiful lamp.
Now that, I can believe.
__________________
Trump Lied, People Died What color hat should I order with that logo? I think red on black.

Space Force.
Because feeding poor people is socialism.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 09:02 PM   #1190
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 79,957
Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Much the same was said about Ford when she attacked Kavanaugh.
But in that case other people came forward and his obnoxious behavior whipping his dick out at a party were witnessed by others. The FBI for whatever corrupt reason purposefully did not fully investigate Kavanaugh's sexual abuse and drinking history.
__________________
Trump Lied, People Died What color hat should I order with that logo? I think red on black.

Space Force.
Because feeding poor people is socialism.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:14 PM   #1191
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 15,148
Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
It looks like a strong possibility that her thinking has been influenced by Russian agents. I thought that was pretty clear. Yeah, I do think that they likely "got to her" somehow. Perhaps she was befriended by Russian agents. I don't know exactly how they did it, but that article about how awesome Vladimir Putin is could only be Russian propaganda. I mean, don't take my word for it. Read it yourself if you have any doubt.
Personally, while I am skeptical of Reade's claims (for reasons laid out in other posts), I'm not sure I agree that her pro-Russia postings are due to Russians "getting to her".

However, it is certainly a curious side-issue to her story. Her posts about Russia seemed to be quite over the top, saying she 'loved Russia' and Putin was a 'caring compassionate leader'. She claims she changed her mind on Putin after learning more about him, yet Putin's abuses of civil rights had been known for a long time.

She claimed she made her comments about Putin because she was "influenced" by an Oliver Stone documentary and a friend.... If that's the case, then perhaps this is less a case of her being some sort of "Russian asset under Kremlin control to mess with the American political system" and more a case of "Overly gullible person who seems willing to be influenced by the last person she talked to". That doesn't necessarily mean she is lying about Biden, but if someone is that easily manipulated, I'd have some concerns about their reliability as a witness.

https://www.salon.com/2020/03/31/a-w...-what-we-know/
__________________
Trust me, I know what I'm doing. - Sledgehammer

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:20 PM   #1192
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 11,452
I think 'Russia' is a Red Herring in this case.

The Allegation is as credible as many similar ones that have been reported on. The problem isn't credibility, it is a fatigue of reporting on sexual assault after the Weinstein trial, especially given the lack of juicy evidence.
She might have another shot to bring this to nationwide attention when November draws near.
__________________
ETTD
Everything Trump Touches Dies
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:10 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.