ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 17th August 2016, 04:29 PM   #41
JonGold
Thinker

Tom Kean even said the attacks were preventable (though I think he recanted his statement), as have others like Thomas Drake. There was never any accountability for 9/11. We need to know exactly what was known and by whom. We need access to things like Bush's PDBs prior to 9/11. We need access to everything the NSA had. We need all of the information from the 9/11 Commission released. We need all of the documentation from the 9/11 Commission released without redactions (as many that have been released have).
JonGold is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2016, 04:30 PM   #42
BNRT
Muse

Originally Posted by JonGold View Post
Why don't you spend the 10 minutes and listen to it?
Because I don't like listening to stuff. This is a message board, I came here to read. You apparently can't even expend the effort to type a couple of sentences to broadly explain what it's about. On this board (and probably elsewhere as well) that is really bad form.
BNRT is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2016, 04:31 PM   #43
JonGold
Thinker

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
And NoahFence doesn't? Evidence, please.

By the way, the hijackers will never see justice. Fortunately, bin Laden got what he deserved. The mastermind is still in gitmo, hope he gets his justice.
I didn't suggest NoahFence didn't. The "mastermind" is a curious title. It's been given to both OBL and KSM.
JonGold is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2016, 04:32 PM   #44
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Why should I have to add a few add revenue cents to a Truther pocket? If there's anything that hasn't been debunked long ago, let me hear it here.
Old 17th August 2016, 04:33 PM   #45
JSanderO
Master Poster

Tom Kean even said the attacks were preventable (though I think he recanted his statement), as have others like Thomas Drake. There was never any accountability for 9/11. We need to know exactly what was known and by whom. We need access to things like Bush's PDBs prior to 9/11. We need access to everything the NSA had. We need all of the information from the 9/11 Commission released. We need all of the documentation from the 9/11 Commission released without redactions (as many that have been released have).
How might the attacks have been prevented? Give us a sketch? Who should have done what and when? What is the evidence that they had specifics other than the KNOWN FACT that disgruntled fundies were engaging in suicide attacks of Western and US interests? Could they have stopped the Cole? Khobar towers?
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2016, 04:33 PM   #46
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

I didn't suggest NoahFence didn't. The "mastermind" is a curious title. It's been given to both OBL and KSM.
Which one is in gitmo?

ETA: You also didn't answer about NoahFence. Aren't you going to show him some respect?

Last edited by LSSBB; 17th August 2016 at 04:35 PM.
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2016, 04:35 PM   #47
JSanderO
Master Poster

Who cares about these stupid media catch phrases... there are hierarchies in all organizations... and they may not draw up actionable plans... but they might support policies which advance their overall mission.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2016, 04:36 PM   #48
Macgyver1968
Philosopher

Well...at least the 9/11 debunkers of the board have a new chew toy
Old 17th August 2016, 04:36 PM   #49
JonGold
Thinker

Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
How might the attacks have been prevented? Give us a sketch? Who should have done what and when? What is the evidence that they had specifics other than the KNOWN FACT that disgruntled fundies were engaging in suicide attacks of Western and US interests? Could they have stopped the Cole? Khobar towers?
They could have been prevented a number of ways. An example, if the CIA had told the FBI about the two hijackers in San Diego in time, the attacks could have been prevented, or damage/harm would have been lessened.
Old 17th August 2016, 04:37 PM   #50
JSanderO
Master Poster

John I listened to Kristian and she's pissed that her government failed her and then refused to explain how it happened. But it's far from established that the attacks could have been prevented with the knowledge at the time.
Old 17th August 2016, 04:38 PM   #51
JonGold
Thinker

Which one is in gitmo?

ETA: You also didn't answer about NoahFence. Aren't you going to show him some respect?
I did by answering his question.
Old 17th August 2016, 04:39 PM   #52
JSanderO
Master Poster

They could have been prevented a number of ways. An example, if the CIA had told the FBI about the two hijackers in San Diego in time, the attacks could have been prevented, or damage/harm would have been lessened.
You are assuming.... maybe if there was a sting it would have been postponed or a different plan or subs doing the same plan... you don't know.
Old 17th August 2016, 04:41 PM   #53
JonGold
Thinker

I don't know about the Cole or the Khobar Towers. I seem to remember that Tony Shaffer said he gave a warning in the days prior to the Cole bombing.
Old 17th August 2016, 04:42 PM   #54
JonGold
Thinker

You are assuming.... maybe if there was a sting it would have been postponed or a different plan or subs doing the same plan... you don't know.
I'm pretty sure if the FBI was told about them, they most likely would have arrested them, and at the very least, stopped their participation in the plot.
Old 17th August 2016, 04:45 PM   #55
JonGold
Thinker

Read about Steven Butler, and what he had to say.

http://www.historycommons.org/contex...#a100902butler
Old 17th August 2016, 04:46 PM   #56
Macgyver1968
Philosopher

It's a free copy? Can I get my money back?
Old 17th August 2016, 04:47 PM   #57
JonGold
Thinker

So was this an inside job in your opinion? What is your conclusion after 15 years of digging?
I don't claim to know what happened on 9/11 or who was ultimately responsible.
Old 17th August 2016, 04:48 PM   #58
JonGold
Thinker

Why should I have to add a few add revenue cents to a Truther pocket? If there's anything that hasn't been debunked long ago, let me hear it here.
I don't make money on 9/11. Sorry.
Old 17th August 2016, 04:50 PM   #59
JonGold
Thinker

John I listened to Kristian and she's pissed that her government failed her and then refused to explain how it happened. But it's far from established that the attacks could have been prevented with the knowledge at the time.
Again, many people have said they could have been prevented. So it's your opinion vs. theirs.
Old 17th August 2016, 04:50 PM   #60
JSanderO
Master Poster

sounds very iffy and diffuse to me... I don't think these low level guys knew what the plan was but might have been game to do something when they got the call.... hard to tell and hard to prevent... too sketchy.
Old 17th August 2016, 04:50 PM   #61
Macgyver1968
Philosopher

But you wrote a book on it anyway..go figure.
Old 17th August 2016, 04:58 PM   #62
JSanderO
Master Poster

Again, many people have said they could have been prevented. So it's your opinion vs. theirs.
My opinion doesn't count. I have no influence and I didn't study nor have access to the FBI and the CIA activities...

I can only speculate.

I see no evidence of the inside job... perhaps avoidance of explaining how our expensive intel / security apparatus screwed up... Who would you hold accountable? the field agents like Rowley? Their bosses? the managers? the Head of the FBI and CIA????

It has the appearance that they like stirring the pot to see what these guys are up to but don't have a plan or legal and effective way to thwart their activities. We seen many big attacks since then and so "they" didn't learn much about prevention..... Charlie Hebdo, London 7/7, Bataclan, Brussels Airport, Nice, San Bernadino....

Do you get the feeling that we can do boo to stop this stuff? And we could back then either...
Old 17th August 2016, 04:59 PM   #63
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

Here you go.

http://wewereliedtoabout911.com/wp-c...911truther.pdf

You can read the reviews, most of which were good, here...

https://www.amazon.com/11-Truther-Fi...TF8#nav-subnav

I hope this helps people.
You might consider having a professional writer (but not me) have a go at this. For example, here's a sentence I pulled out at random:
"Oddly enough, much of the opposition people have faced over the years has come directly from people who consider or call themselves “members” of the 9/11 Truth Movement."

And here's my version: "Oddly, much of the opposition comes from "members" of the 9/11 Truth Movement."
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2016, 05:00 PM   #64
JonGold
Thinker

Originally Posted by Macgyver1968 View Post
But you wrote a book on it anyway..go figure.
I didn't claim in the book that I knew either. I made a point to say that I didn't know.
Old 17th August 2016, 05:01 PM   #65
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher

So people still troll here, eh? I hate trolls.
Almost as bad as spammers. Those guys are the WORST.
Old 17th August 2016, 05:04 PM   #66
JonGold
Thinker

Originally Posted by TheGoldcountry View Post
Almost as bad as spammers. Those guys are the WORST.
And on that note, I am out of here. Too many ******** on this site. I have better things to do with my time.
Old 17th August 2016, 05:07 PM   #67
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Around here we call that the rule of so.

Still pushing the inside jobby job are we?

-M. Avenatti
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2016, 05:07 PM   #68
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Critics, even the severest ones, are not, by most definitions, trolls. Now it happens that I disagree with The Big Dog on about 98 percent of things, but not this one, and his statement that a "truther" book is worthless is not an attempt to stir up controversy, but an opinion I am guessing he would happily restate; nor is it a drive-by criticism, since TBD is not shy about return appearances.

I would, however, suggest to The Big Dog that a paperback of sufficient density might work as well as a hardback, especially if one glues the pages together, which in this case is likely to be no detriment to the content.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2016, 05:20 PM   #69
waypastvne
Critical Thinker

Why does the video make the claim "we got lucky" when none of the hijackers actually went to Embry Riddle.
waypastvne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2016, 05:26 PM   #70
JSanderO
Master Poster

I suggest that you present your theory rather than your book for people to read... or podcasts for people to listen to....

Who specifically do you think needs to be held accountable?
Old 17th August 2016, 05:33 PM   #71
stanfr
Graduate Poster

I didn't claim in the book that I knew either. I made a point to say that I didn't know.
Must be an awfully boring book. Now, if you claimed in the book that it was really an inside job by The Backstreet Boys, led by Joan Rivers, who is actually a reptilian overlord from the planet Xena, you might have at least held my attention for a couple seconds...
stanfr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2016, 05:37 PM   #72
JonGold
Thinker

Originally Posted by waypastvne View Post
Why does the video make the claim "we got lucky" when none of the hijackers actually went to Embry Riddle.
It appears you are correct, though early reports said they did or suggested the possibility.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...hijackers.html

http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/09/13/flight.schools/

It's a shame she didn't say Huffman instead. These are early videos remember.

Congratulations.
Old 17th August 2016, 05:40 PM   #73
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

I have better things to do with my time.
Apparently not.

Chesley B. Sullenberger III
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2016, 05:42 PM   #74
JonGold
Thinker

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Apparently not.
I addressed someone who pointed out a mistake of mine. I do that despite what people may say.
Old 17th August 2016, 05:43 PM   #75
JonGold
Thinker

I always tell people to listen to debunkers because they improve your own arguments.
Old 17th August 2016, 06:14 PM   #76
waypastvne
Critical Thinker

I live on an airport in Florida. On Sept 11 we had a Sherifs car sitting in the middle of the run way by 11:00 and were asked questions about our operations all day long. We had US/Iranian living on the airport who also worked at the Crystal River nuclear power facility so we also got a visit FBI on Sept 12.

To my knowledge every airport in the US got a visit from some law enforcement agency on 9/11, all the ones in my area did. If anything interesting was found the FBI investigated further. There was no "We got lucky". They investigated all of us.
waypastvne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2016, 06:17 PM   #77
JonGold
Thinker

Originally Posted by waypastvne View Post
I live on an airport in Florida. On Sept 11 we had a Sherifs car sitting in the middle of the run way by 11:00 and were asked questions about our operations all day long. We had US/Iranian living on the airport who also worked at the Crystal River nuclear power facility so we also got a visit FBI on Sept 12.

To my knowledge every airport in the US got a visit from some law enforcement agency on 9/11, all the ones in my area did. If anything interesting was found the FBI investigated further. There was no "We got lucky". They investigated all of us.
That's what he told her. Apparently he didn't tell her they didn't train at Embry-Riddle.
Old 17th August 2016, 06:20 PM   #78
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

People who care about justice and accountability.
19 terrorists did 911, have you figured it out after 15 years?

Why not summarize the lies?

Only liars on 9/11 truth are Gage, Jones, Harrit and other 9/11 truth failed humans who make up BS about the murder of thousands by 19 followers of UBL.

Are you supporting the liars? Right you can't list the lies because you can't waste your time. What a bunch of BS.

You have time be exposed as spreading nonsense?

LOL, everyone says accidents can be avoided... lol, and secret attacks can be avoided, prevented too? lol

Can those people read minds? is this a movie?

List your lies you found...

Are you selling books? lol, making money from the acts of 19 my making CTs.

Oh, you think the Saudis did it? lol, with 15 Saudis out of 19, you are as close on that call as saying Americans did OKC, as McVeigh is an American... wow, how did you make the Saudi call; an American did OKC, 15 Saudis mislead by UBL, fooled by UBL did 9/11. Or do you blame all Saudis, and All Americans with respect to 9/11 and OKC?

What hit the Pentagon?

Fact #18 nonsense, BS, and based on ignorance and paranoia.

Quote:
The level of fear that resulted from the attacks of 9/11 was nourished and maintained, and still is to this day.
What? Do you make this up for the last 15 years? Do you really sell books with this tripe?

Quote:
Osama Bin Laden has not been indicted for the 9/11 attacks.
Why use 9/11 truth tag-lines? UBL was already wanted for World Wide Terrorism. No need to add this BS. Oh we killed him, did you miss that?

Why don't you spend the 10 minutes and listen to it?
Why, you can't spend any time summarizing your points, and listing your lies?
What is the problem, book sales are down?

Quote:
The resulting dust from the collapse of the buildings on 9/11/2001 was toxic,
Really dust is toxic? BTW, dust is not good for you. Don't breath dust, it can cause cancer and other problems... This is not news, and I don't know anyone who does not support helping first responders with health issues. Is this one of your lies?

Quote:
Suspicious trading in the world markets took place before 9/11/2001.
Oh? Did you know when you make trades there are records? And you are fined, or put in Jail. I was fined immediately when I made a mistake trading stock... Thus this is BS. Why so much BS? Is it due to lack of knowledge that this was investigated? Talk to Martha Stewart about stock trading... really, this is one of your facts; no wonder people find you book full of BS.

Last edited by beachnut; 17th August 2016 at 06:47 PM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2016, 06:57 PM   #79
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Why so coy, Jon? How many times have you stated that elements within the federal government have "more than earned the title of suspect for the crimes of 9-11?" Hell, even your Itunes page says that.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2016, 07:02 PM   #80
JonGold
Thinker

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
Why so coy, Jon? How many times have you stated that elements within the federal government have "more than earned the title of suspect for the crimes of 9-11?" Hell, even your Itunes page says that.
You can't read the next sentence which says "that being said, I don't know what happened that day, or who was ultimately responsible?" I've also said that KSM is among those who have earned the title of suspect. I mentioned that in a couple of my shows if memory serves. It's also in the description for my show.

Last edited by JonGold; 17th August 2016 at 07:06 PM.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories