ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 26th November 2012, 09:27 AM   #161
MattusMaximus
Intellectual Gladiator

Originally Posted by Courier View Post
I find it rather peculiar and interesting that many Conservatives simply cannot believe that Obama was re-elected.

Many were convinced that with such high unemployment, such a high debt & deficit, there was simply no way that Obama would win again.

But the fact is, the polls for the battleground states that Obama needed to win, such as Ohio, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New Mexico, & Nevada, all showed Obama ahead, for weeks on end.

Did Conservatives think these polls were wrong? Were the polls lying?

Did Conservatives simply not look at these polls?

It seems like their obsessive-confidence that Obama would lose, was largely based on ignoring the polls..or ignorance.
I know I'm late to the thread, but I saw a LOT of post-hoc rationalization among my more conservative relatives this past Thanksgiving weekend. Sadly, much of it took the form of conspiracy mongering about how "Obama rigged the vote" or similar accusations of voter fraud. Such is the level of their disbelief that the rest of the country doesn't think the way they do in their politically isolated echo chamber.

I fear that Republican governors and state legislatures are going to try even more draconian limitations on voting rights in the years to come as a result. Ah well, can't help fools

Last edited by MattusMaximus; 26th November 2012 at 09:28 AM.
MattusMaximus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics