IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags gop , republicans , rush limbaugh

Old 28th June 2010, 05:09 PM   #41
Dorian Gray
Hypocrisy Detector

Originally Posted by coalesce View Post
And I heard that his favorite book is "The Adventures Of Tom Sawyer."

Michael
I heard it was "Anthem".
Dorian Gray is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2010, 10:56 PM   #42
Accidental Martyr
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Dorian Gray View Post
I heard it was "Anthem".
Well, all I know is, the men who hold high places must be the ones who start.
Old 28th June 2010, 11:05 PM   #43
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by DC View Post
isn't he speaking for all real US Americans?

"True".

All "True" Americans. Who seem oddly similar to all "True" Republicans, and all "True" Conservatives.

Funny how that works.

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2010, 05:45 AM   #44
Lurker
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Accidental Martyr View Post
Well, all I know is, the men who hold high places must be the ones who start.
Are you advocating to mold a new reality?
Lurker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2010, 10:07 AM   #45
Accidental Martyr
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
Are you advocating to mold a new reality?
Absolutely. I think we should also sow a new mentality.
Old 29th June 2010, 10:42 AM   #46
Lurker
Illuminator

Absolutely. I think we should also sow a new mentality.
Touche.

OK I am with you. You can be the captain and I will draw the chart.
Lurker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2010, 04:03 PM   #47
Accidental Martyr
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
Touche.

OK I am with you. You can be the captain and I will draw the chart.
Sounds good to me. I suggest that then we sail into destiny.
Old 29th June 2010, 04:42 PM   #48
Grizzly Bear
このマスクによっ

Sounds good to me. I suggest that then we sail into destiny.
Tonight! We dine in Hell!!!!!! [/sparta]

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
Why are Republican politicians unable to disagree with Rush? Is it because they are afraid, or because they agree?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036697/#37909858
When you tell a 9/11 truther that their architects and engineers brigade is a tiny minority amongst 100,000+ members of interdisciplinary professional fields you'll usually get a response something along the lines of "all of these professionals haven't come out to publicly speak in support of the "official story" or "these people have not made up their minds, they are silent".

"where are all the republicans publically declaring the wrong doings of messiah Rush Limbaugh?"

It's quite interesting to see a good number of partisan bashers seem to take the same logic to heart, including the opinion host of MSNBC's hardball. I'm guessing optimistically he is like Rush in that he's doing it purely to cater to his audience. But that's beside the point. The argument is fallacious

Last edited by Grizzly Bear; 29th June 2010 at 05:01 PM.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2010, 04:48 PM   #49
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
It's quite interesting to see a good number of partisan bashers seem to take the same logic to heart, including the opinions hosts of MSNBC.
With the exception of Tony Zambotti, just about everyone on the 9/11 forum here with any experience in engineering, construction or fire fighting are quick enough to join the gang stomp on little Dickie Gage every time he opens his mouth.

The righties here try to act uncommitted when the subject of the bloated blathermeister comes up. This would suggest to me that he either speaks for them or serves some other purpose of theirs.
leftysergeant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2010, 06:08 AM   #50
Cobalt
Tobikan Judan

Simple answer to everything:

Rush (And honestly every talk show host regardless of political slant) speaks for whoever pays him to keep people listening to a given radio station long enough for the audience to hear commercials.

That is his job.
Old 1st July 2010, 06:47 AM   #51
EvilSmurf
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
When you tell a 9/11 truther that their architects and engineers brigade is a tiny minority amongst 100,000+ members of interdisciplinary professional fields you'll usually get a response something along the lines of "all of these professionals haven't come out to publicly speak in support of the "official story" or "these people have not made up their minds, they are silent".

"where are all the republicans publically declaring the wrong doings of messiah Rush Limbaugh?"
To further your analogy...where are the stories of engineers and architects being forced to apologise for publicly disagreeing with the truthers?
EvilSmurf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics