IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Ken Kratz , republicans , sexual harrassment

Old 20th September 2010, 04:35 PM   #1
Howie Felterbush
Bow Tie Daddy

Dude, Have you tried eHarmony?

Get a load of this guy.

Calumet County DA uses inappropriate methods to get some tail.

Not the first time.

From the first article:
Quote:
"I'm the attorney. I have the $350,000 house. I have the six-figure career. You may be the tall, young, hot nymph, but I am the prize."
From the second:
Quote:
She also indicated Kratz once invited her to witness an autopsy, provided she would be his girlfriend and would wear high heels and a skirt.
And, the end result.
"...wing collars are like an ocular violation."-TubbaBlubba
Howie Felterbush is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th September 2010, 05:50 PM   #2
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

He's a Republican btw.
Old 20th September 2010, 05:54 PM   #3
Howie Felterbush
Bow Tie Daddy

Originally Posted by WildCat View Post
He's a Republican btw.
Should this have been in Politics? (I'm independent)

I was working the creepy angle. Imagine some poor woman almost getting the life choked out of her by her boyfriend and then this guy's like, "Hey, baby. How YOU doin'?"
Howie Felterbush is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2010, 06:28 AM   #4
pchams
Muse

Cue the all men are pigs generalization.

pchams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2010, 06:31 AM   #5
JWideman
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by WildCat View Post
He's a Republican btw.
Are you sure? There was no mention of him pursuing guys like that.
JWideman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2010, 06:35 AM   #6
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

I know that property values vary widely from region to region, but it's hilarious to me that he would boast of a $350,000 house. Around here that would get you a three-bedroom plain old family home at best.
Old 21st September 2010, 06:36 AM   #7
Normal Dude
Space Shuttle Door Gunner

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
I know that property values vary widely from region to region, but it's hilarious to me that he would boast of a $350,000 house. Around here that would get you a three-bedroom plain old family home at best.
Yeah I found that funny. Here it would get you a 30 year old, very average house.

And I dont care if your name is Norm or Jack, Or Dick. I dont see why you have to post your name everytime you make a comment./ its IRRELIVANT -Rwalsh
Normal Dude is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2010, 07:23 AM   #8
Captain.Sassy
Master Poster

Interesting.

In another, Kratz wrote, "I'm the attorney. I have the $350,000 house. I have the six-figure career. You may be the tall, young, hot nymph, but I am the prize."

After Van Groll complained to Kaukauna police, Kratz reported his actions to the state Office of Lawyer Regulation, which handles disciplinary actions against attorneys. The office said earlier this year it would not pursue disciplinary action against him.

"Although (Kratz's) communication with you was inappropriate, it did not appear to involve possible professional misconduct," Cynthia Schally, a lawyer regulation investigator, wrote March 5 to Van Groll.

Any info on whether he was just barraging her with a stream of text messages, or did she reply in a similar manner? The "I'm the attorney..." text reads, to me, like something that would have been part of a back-and-forth. This might help explain the seemingly inexplicable reaction of the Office of Lawyer Regulation i.e. that this was inappropriate but not misconduct.

Of course, if this was just a steady barrage of licentious text messages, it sounds like misconduct to me.

As luck would have it,
people.
Captain.Sassy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2010, 07:24 AM   #9
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

Median home price is $159,900, so $350,00 would be a big house in the area.
http://www.zillow.com/local-info/WI-...-value/r_1580/
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2010, 07:25 AM   #10
Captain.Sassy
Master Poster

re. 350,000

could be a typo
this is a txt after all

3,500,000?

As luck would have it,
people.
Captain.Sassy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2010, 07:31 AM   #11
RobRoy
Not A Mormon

Hmmm, unfortunately I own one of these $350k houses, but we bought before the market crashed, almost at the peak. Yeah, my timing is that good. Watched the worth crumble to the point that even though we've made our payments, and even excess payments, we still can't refinance at the great rates that are being offered because our house is worth about half what the mortgage claims.

The only upside is that the worth has been climbing, albeit slowly, over the past year. So long as there isn't a double-dip, we expect the price to return . . . in five years.

If I was spending that much now, I would have almost twice the house I do now. Still not a lot of house, but I'd have more room to expand my DVD collection.

Now taking bets on the Clinton Indictment!
RobRoy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2010, 07:41 AM   #12
Howie Felterbush
Bow Tie Daddy

Originally Posted by Captain.Sassy View Post
Interesting.

In another, Kratz wrote, "I'm the attorney. I have the $350,000 house. I have the six-figure career. You may be the tall, young, hot nymph, but I am the prize."

After Van Groll complained to Kaukauna police, Kratz reported his actions to the state Office of Lawyer Regulation, which handles disciplinary actions against attorneys. The office said earlier this year it would not pursue disciplinary action against him.

"Although (Kratz's) communication with you was inappropriate, it did not appear to involve possible professional misconduct," Cynthia Schally, a lawyer regulation investigator, wrote March 5 to Van Groll.

Any info on whether he was just barraging her with a stream of text messages, or did she reply in a similar manner? The "I'm the attorney..." text reads, to me, like something that would have been part of a back-and-forth. This might help explain the seemingly inexplicable reaction of the Office of Lawyer Regulation i.e. that this was inappropriate but not misconduct.

Of course, if this was just a steady barrage of licentious text messages, it sounds like misconduct to me.
From what I understand, she replied to some of the messages, but the replies were geared toward shutting him down, not encouraging him. Of course, that's what the victim is claiming, so it may not be true.
I can't find any transcripts of her messages, but it's not like I'm trying very hard.
Old 21st September 2010, 07:47 AM   #13
Captain.Sassy
Master Poster

Eh, actually that seems pretty plausible too:

"U wanna hump with a DA?"

"im out of ur league"

"I'm the attorney. I have the $350,000 house. I have the six-figure career. You may be the tall, young, hot nymph, but I am the prize."

ew.

As luck would have it,
people.
Old 21st September 2010, 07:58 AM   #14
Howie Felterbush
Bow Tie Daddy

One of her texts was something like, "What would your wife say? I don't think I'm ready to be the other woman." Or something like that. Not a straight up GTFO, but not ready and willing, either.
Old 22nd September 2010, 12:45 PM   #15
sgtbaker
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Howie Felterbush View Post
One of her texts was something like, "What would your wife say? I don't think I'm ready to be the other woman." Or something like that. Not a straight up GTFO, but not ready and willing, either.
I would probably be a tad reluctant to tell of a DA with a god complex.
sgtbaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events