IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Iowa politics , racism charges , racism issues , republicans , Steve King , white nationalism , white nationalists

Old 7th November 2018, 05:55 PM   #41
Skeptic Tank
Trigger Warning

Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
my theory that quite a few (usually white) people simply do not know what racism is
(snipped)

No, no... I get it completely.

Racism is when a white person does anything other than beg for forgiveness for being white and totally cuck themselves.

It is particularly racist when a white person makes any effort to preserve their power as a group, or their genetic integrity, or has any sort of positive feelings about their group, or prefers the company of whites, or mates with another white, makes white children, etc.

These are all the very epitome of racism.
"Nothing is more certainly written in the book of fate than that these people are to be free. Nor is it less certain that the two races, equally free, cannot live in the same government. Nature, habit, opinion has drawn indelible lines of distinction between them." - Thomas Jefferson
Skeptic Tank is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2018, 06:11 PM   #42
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Just type COngressman Steve King Racist Remarks in a search engine and you will get all the proof you need,if you are serious.
But King's long history of racist remarks has gotten so much coverage that I can't believe you follow politics and and are not aware of them.
Sad to see you descend to the point of playing a silly game, though.
Sorry to disappoint you there. I thought this was a place where people backed up their claims and didn't say "Just Google it for yourself."
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2018, 06:20 PM   #43
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Oh *********. This is just a B.S. delaying tactic.

"Spoon feed me the racism that's already well established."

Yeah I'll get right on that right after I show you "just one transitional fossil."
Old 7th November 2018, 06:45 PM   #44
Skeptic Tank
Trigger Warning

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
Sorry to disappoint you there. I thought this was a place where people backed up their claims and didn't say "Just Google it for yourself."
They prefer to just be able to appeal to the fact that a lot of other leftists and NYT articles have already called the man a "racist white supremacist Nazi KKK" and use that as their evidence that it's true. They want it to be a starting assumption and "settled science" that anyone who has been called a racist a lot, is definitely a racist.

This is easier than demonstrating it with quotes and such because the quotes generally tend to be less offensive than they want to imply, have other interpretations, and possibly just be worded awkwardly / boomerishly / poorly.

In the case of King, I've seen some of these quotes and he just seems like a bit ballsier conservacuck who is certainly better than a Paul Ryan or something but a white nationalist, he is not.

He comes the closest, but I promise you he'd still be cucking up a storm about "no no, I think Mexicans are perfectly lovely and I'd love it if my daughter adopted 20 African children. I just want them to fully embrace American values!" if you pressed him.

He clearly values the founding stock and he clearly does have a preference for his own people, which is totally normal, but as is ALWAYS the case, the left would have you believe he's about 75% more racist than he actually is.

Which suits me just fine. I like when the left helps my side meme these guys into having a higher power level than they actually do. It helps deepen divisions and makes it less possible to bridge the gap that's growing here. Forces the Republicans to become more pro-white and the dems to become more anti-white.

All is going exactly according to plan, and with any luck the country will break up on these lines.
"Nothing is more certainly written in the book of fate than that these people are to be free. Nor is it less certain that the two races, equally free, cannot live in the same government. Nature, habit, opinion has drawn indelible lines of distinction between them." - Thomas Jefferson
Skeptic Tank is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2018, 07:13 PM   #45
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Oh *********. This is just a B.S. delaying tactic.

"Spoon feed me the racism that's already well established."

Yeah I'll get right on that right after I show you "just one transitional fossil."

They probably have me on ignore, as I already spoon-fed some. But hell, I'll do some more.

Say 'ahh', here comes the train! "Diversity is not our strength."

“What does this diversity bring that we don’t already have? Mexican food, Chinese food, those things — well, that’s fine. But what does it bring that we don’t have that is worth the price? We have a lot of diversity within the U.S. already.” - said supporting the arguments of neo-nazis while being interviewed on a neo-nazis show.

Latinos “calves the size of cantaloupes because they’re hauling 75 pounds of marijuana across the desert.” he vomited forth.

“We add to our population approximately 1.8 million of ‘somebody else’s babies’ who are raised in another culture before they get to us. We are replacing our American culture 2 to 1 every year.” - talking about brown babies.

“This whole ‘white people’ business, though, does get a little tired, Charlie. I mean, I’d ask you to go back through history and figure out, where are these contributions that have been made by these other categories of people that you’re talking about? Where did any other subgroup of people contribute to civilization?" on the concept of non-whites contributing to our culture.

And it goes on.
tyr_13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2018, 07:19 PM   #46
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
No. He's asking if you defend this man.

I'd like to know. Do you think that this is a good man to be in Congress?

I promise I won't even argue against you. Just express your opinion.
He's asking if someone will reinforce his hateful stereotypes by daring to disagree with him.

This isn't some amicable Oxford debate, where two people take two sides of some question just for the exercise of arguing each side. When I first joined this forum, I thought that's the kind of discussion that might go on here. But it never really is. Why would I want to play dudalb's game?
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2018, 07:33 PM   #47
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
He's asking if someone will reinforce his hateful stereotypes by daring to disagree with him.

This isn't some amicable Oxford debate, where two people take two sides of some question just for the exercise of arguing each side. When I first joined this forum, I thought that's the kind of discussion that might go on here. But it never really is. Why would I want to play dudalb's game?
I have some advice on how to handle such a predicament when you don't trust a poster's motives, and you don't want to respond: don't respond. Instead, your opaque presentation leaves readers to fill in the blanks, you're poisoning the well, and you come across like a weasel.

You can nip this in the bud by answering phiwum's question in a straight forward manner.

Last edited by varwoche; 7th November 2018 at 07:39 PM.
varwoche is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2018, 07:34 PM   #48
BobTheCoward
Banned

Originally Posted by Skeptic Tank View Post
(snipped)

No, no... I get it completely.

Racism is when a white person does anything other than beg for forgiveness for being white and totally cuck themselves.

It is particularly racist when a white person makes any effort to preserve their power as a group, or their genetic integrity, or has any sort of positive feelings about their group, or prefers the company of whites, or mates with another white, makes white children, etc.

These are all the very epitome of racism.
Yes, it is.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2018, 07:38 PM   #49
Donal
Philosopher

So, you'll defend the white supremacist by derailing the conversation. good to know.

Back to the topic: there's no logical defense of King. Hell, he won his district by 20% last time. this is actually quite an improvement.
Donal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2018, 07:38 PM   #50
BobTheCoward
Banned

Because what you call racism and white nationalism is literally someone in the current year attempting to represent the will of the founders, ALL previous generations of Americans and the interests of the actual intended citizenry of this nation.

The only alternative to being pro-white and white nationalist is to be:

1.) Anti-white
2.) Anti-American (literally, the country was founded as a white nationalist nation)
3.) Pro-invasion and pro-invaders
4.) In favor of whites losing political power and thus being at the mercy of groups which are actively being encouraged to hate our guts.

Ultimately, if people like you get your way, whites will be slaughtered at some point in the process (edit: and prior to that point, there will be a lot of ever-increasing legally enshrined moves to discriminate against whites, take property and wealth from them, etc.). It is NOT a good idea for any group to lose control over their space(s.) It does not tend to work out well for them.

Just to be clear, you think King is white nationalist?
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2018, 08:05 PM   #51
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Oh, cut it out. You are not ignorant and pretending to be so isn't cute nor winning the argument. Just scroll up or down and read ST's posts. Swell, company you're keeping there!

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2018, 08:19 PM   #52
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post

I get that you might not trust his assessment initially and even question his motives, but here is the thing; in this case he's absolutely correct.

Knowing that Steve King really is pretty horrible, exactly what 'hateful stereotype' do you think he's trying to get you to reinforce? The only ones I can think of are that the GOP will defend King (a lot of them won't because he's not their leader and some actually don't like racists), or will run interference for King. Do you realize that by trying to ad-hom and well poison, you are doing the latter? Trying to avoid reinforcing the 'hateful stereotype' has caused you to reinforce the 'hateful stereotype'. Absolutely Delphic.

Now that you know King is terrible, is it really that difficult to say, 'wow, I guess the Republican Congressional reelection group was right to pull support from him. He's horrible.'?
tyr_13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2018, 08:26 PM   #53
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Ultimately, if people like you get your way, whites will be slaughtered at some point in the process (edit: and prior to that point, there will be a lot of ever-increasing legally enshrined moves to discriminate against whites, take property and wealth from them, etc.). It is NOT a good idea for any group to lose control over their space(s.) It does not tend to work out well for them.
For posterity's sake:

Yes, this statement is what at some point in the future may come to be called a "red flag". Yes, everyone here sees it and recognizes it as such. But at this point it is not actionable.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2018, 08:31 PM   #54
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
Oh, cut it out. You are not ignorant and pretending to be so isn't cute nor winning the argument. Just scroll up or down and read ST's posts. Swell, company you're keeping there!
I'm vaguely aware that King is a vile, racist piece of work. The problem is, "vaguely aware" doesn't suffice.

On a daily basis, public figures are harshly criticized here for things they said ... but without quoting the things they said. Instead, posters cite opinion pieces in which the opinion writer characterizes what the person said. Then lo and behold when you look into it, the person didn't really say what was alleged; the criticism is BS.

If I want to convey that person X said something damning, the onus is on me to quote the specific words that best make my case. Otherwise I wouldn't have a consistent standard, because that's what I expect from "the other side".

Also -- I want to know the precise words, even if I don't question the premise. Maybe King is a worse piece of **** than even I'm aware of. I'd like to know that.

(No, this doesn't mean I require a citation to prove that Nixon said "I am not a crook". Some people/utterances are truly common knowledge.)
Old 7th November 2018, 08:49 PM   #55
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
Some people/utterances are truly common knowledge.
I think you'll find there's no end to what someone people won't know if it suits their purpose.

But as it happens, tyr_13 gave some quotes just upthread.
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2018, 09:08 PM   #56
Mumbles
Philosopher

...so basically, nobody seems to want to defend him (except probably ST, but who cares?), but plenty of people are happy to say that they don't know who Steve King is, and you'd better tell them who he is.

Even though they could just look at his wikipedia page or something.
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2018, 09:08 PM   #57
Skeptic Tank
Trigger Warning

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
For posterity's sake:

Yes, this statement is what at some point in the future may come to be called a "red flag". Yes, everyone here sees it and recognizes it as such. But at this point it is not actionable.
If you're implying I have the potential to be violent, you needn't worry.

I'm not an idiot nor a violent person. When I see some of these stories of these complete idiots doing some of what they've been doing, I can only shake my head and wish everyone had the mental fortitude and inner calm to properly process and deal with the nonsense we're facing, but I am not surprised that some people react stupidly and badly to seeing these things. The proper way to react to these challenges is with thought, consideration, convincing others and eventually splitting the country apart peacefully. In the meantime, the best move is to attempt to counter these trends electorally which may not really be viable but it's worth a shot AND what victories do come (like Trump winning, King winning, etc.) serve to drive the anti-white left nuts and make more people aware of how crazy and how anti-white they've become.

I think it's amazing that we've reached a point where you find someone expressing concern about violence coming toward THEM AND THEIR GROUP (and this isn't some crazed raving, either, virulent anti-white rhetoric is being completely normalized in our society - un-freaking-deniably so - I dare you to even pretend to deny it) is actually a red flag that THEY might be violent.

What a clown world.

Last edited by Skeptic Tank; 7th November 2018 at 09:10 PM.
Old 7th November 2018, 11:28 PM   #58
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

The result says more about Iowa's Northwest "Redneck District" than it does about King....

Its TRE45ON season... convict the F45CIST!!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2018, 02:01 AM   #59
Checkmite

I think it's amazing that we've reached a point where you find someone expressing concern about violence coming toward THEM AND THEIR GROUP (and this isn't some crazed raving, either, virulent anti-white rhetoric is being completely normalized in our society - un-freaking-deniably so - I dare you to even pretend to deny it) is actually a red flag that THEY might be violent.
A delusion about some deep plot by "people like [dudalb]" to literally slaughter "YOU AND YOUR GROUP" is the germ of a rationale for an eventual violent defense of "YOU AND YOUR GROUP" against those people, regardless of whether or not you profess in all honestly to be non-violent at the present time.

And your language about an "invasion" and "invaders" eerily echoes that of an individual who only days ago murdered several innocent people in a claimed attempt to protect "YOU AND YOUR GROUP" from the selfsame "invasion".

You can object to it being pointed out that these are red flags, but that's what they are nevertheless. And an act of violence isn't what makes such things red flags, it's just what sends future people into internet histories looking for them.

Last edited by Checkmite; 8th November 2018 at 02:02 AM.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2018, 03:48 AM   #60
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

More likely because they get a picture of slavery, then one of Jim Crow, then MLK saying something about being judged by the content of one's character, and that's the contrast.

Much like they were entirely unable to recognize the clear racism of birtherism, of Zimmerman's chasing after Martin, of the parade of white people calling the cops on black people doing perfectly ordinary things like sitting in a Starbucks, or of Dolt45's campaign announcement speech, they see no issue with King sliding his toe up to the edge of the whole White Genocide theory.

I'm sure a lot of people who voted for King would swear that he's not racist at all. He's obviously a white supremacist, though.
But a non racist white supremacist, at least according to his voters.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2018, 04:46 AM   #61
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

...so basically, nobody seems to want to defend him (except probably ST, but who cares?), but plenty of people are happy to say that they don't know who Steve King is, and you'd better tell them who he is.

Even though they could just look at his wikipedia page or something.
Are you surprised? This has been standard conservative tactics for years. They don't defend their extremists, they play dumb and attack the process by which accusations are leveled. Rest assured if King were a liberal jerk instead, we'd already have multiple posters linkdumping from various ultra-right blogs covering his every sin, real or imagined.
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2018, 05:58 AM   #62
BobTheCoward
Banned

If you're implying I have the potential to be violent, you needn't worry.

I'm not an idiot nor a violent person. When I see some of these stories of these complete idiots doing some of what they've been doing, I can only shake my head and wish everyone had the mental fortitude and inner calm to properly process and deal with the nonsense we're facing, but I am not surprised that some people react stupidly and badly to seeing these things. The proper way to react to these challenges is with thought, consideration, convincing others and eventually splitting the country apart peacefully. In the meantime, the best move is to attempt to counter these trends electorally which may not really be viable but it's worth a shot AND what victories do come (like Trump winning, King winning, etc.) serve to drive the anti-white left nuts and make more people aware of how crazy and how anti-white they've become.

What a clown world.
Do you think King shares your position?
Old 8th November 2018, 06:21 AM   #63
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

The funny thing is, when a Huffington Post reporter asked King point blank if he was a white supremacist or a white nationalist he pretty much said the same thing. He wasn't going to get into a internet media slap fight about it.

Quote:
“I don’t answer those questions,” he said. “I say to people that use those kind of allegations: Use those words a million times, because you’re reducing the value of them every time, and many of the people that use those words and make those allegations and ask those questions can’t even define the words they’re using.” Link
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2018, 08:15 AM   #64
The Shrike
Philosopher

I think it's amazing that we've reached a point where you find someone expressing concern about violence coming toward THEM AND THEIR GROUP . . .
Can you elaborate a bit on what you're actually scared of? I honestly don't understand the motivation behind white supremacy or how membership in various groups is determined.

Example: In the USA in 2018, I enjoy all the privileges of being a white dude. That is to say that I have no memory of ever facing racial or ethnic discrimination as I've gone about my business for the past several decades, while black, brown, yellow, red, etc. dudes in my cohort probably universally have. But how white is white?

I'm of Irish/Italian descent, and at various times in our nation's history my ancestors were not considered white (or at least they weren't white enough) and they did face widespread discrimination. So whiteness changed to accommodate my ethnicity; are today's white Americans the worse for letting Irish and Italians into their club? At what point were we included? Why assume that additional white folks (like those with ancestry from the Iberian Peninsula) won't be recognized in the future?

I just don't understand why folks put in categories things that are clearly continuous, ignore the things that so obviously span multiple categories, and then adopt such rigid adherence to the importance of the arbitrary categories.

In other news, when the Dixie cup of racially motivated crimes against white people from people of color approaches the volume of the overflowing Olympic swimming pool of the reverse, then your equivalency might begin to stop being false. Until then, not so much.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2018, 09:25 AM   #65
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by sir drinks-a-lot View Post
My thoughts exactly.

And I'm not about to go looking for "racist quotes" when the OP hasn't bothered to even take the time. This thread is recreational outrage at its finest.
"Recreational Outrage" is a much more accurate and suitable title for this sub-forum. Steve King is a racist *******, but how does a thread like this accomplish anything at all? Answer - it doesn't.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2018, 10:58 AM   #66
Skeptic Tank
Trigger Warning

A delusion about some deep plot by "people like [dudalb]" to literally slaughter "YOU AND YOUR GROUP" is the germ of a rationale for an eventual violent defense of "YOU AND YOUR GROUP" against those people, regardless of whether or not you profess in all honestly to be non-violent at the present time.

And your language about an "invasion" and "invaders" eerily echoes that of an individual who only days ago murdered several innocent people in a claimed attempt to protect "YOU AND YOUR GROUP" from the selfsame "invasion".

You can object to it being pointed out that these are red flags, but that's what they are nevertheless. And an act of violence isn't what makes such things red flags, it's just what sends future people into internet histories looking for them.
You are behaving as an absurd character in this discussion. Bring yourself back to a point of being rational, please.

My language also echoes that of THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. Who just got taken to task for calling the caravan "an invasion" as well.

The language about how the republicans are awful racists, taking health care from grandma, disenfranchising minorities and screwing the country over in a thousand heartless, greedy, bigoted, cruel ways is all echoed by the guy who shot up the congressional ball game and is echoed by the antifa people who swing bike locks at peoples' heads (easily can be fatal) and burn limousines, smash windows, attack people for hats they're wearing or signs they're carrying. Physical, violent attacks. Planned in advance.

There are two sides (at least) to the current political landscape and the ways we on these two sides frame things and the phrases we use and the viewpoints we have are shared among millions of totally normal, reasonable people AND (obviously and naturally) are also shared among the much smaller number of loony, violent people that each side has as well.

So again, stop being absurd and implying another poster here could be some sort of mass shooter in the making because they disagree with you. Absolutely absurd conversational "contribution" and you should be ashamed of yourself, so please go ahead and be.

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
Do you think King shares your position?
I think King shares many elements of my position, in a much cuckier, more mainstream version. I think he instinctively understands that this country (and Europe, Canada, Australia) will be not only unrecognizable but actively hostile toward all previous incarnations of themselves as nations (and the people and statues and names and institutions which represent those previous incarnations) if the demographic make up of these places changes in the dramatic and rapid ways it is doing. I think he views this as a negative thing (you'd have to be a complete blind fool not to) and in that regard, he and I have a similar view but again I think he probably is a lot softer about it and still probably wants to believe that it can be made to work if it's just slowed down, values are emphasized more, culture... language... keep the percentage below a certain number... etc. So I think he's a cuck but just less of one than most of them.

Last edited by Skeptic Tank; 8th November 2018 at 10:59 AM.
Old 8th November 2018, 11:02 AM   #67
Strawberry
Master Poster

Off topic, but is there any word stupider than cuck?
Strawberry is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2018, 11:10 AM   #68
ahhell
Philosopher

So, I generally don't pay much attention to who says what on forums. Is Skeptictank for real or a really good poe?

Also, its worth noting that almost nobody defends king, including the GOP.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/31/gop-...t-support.html

Quote:
The National Republican Congressional Committee says it will not help out King, who has supported far-right causes and white supremacists, in the remaining days of his bid to win re-election to his Iowa 4th District seat against Democratic challenger J.D. Scholten.

The NRCC cited King's "words and actions" for its decision to sit out the race, despite the fact that Republicans in Tuesday's congressional elections will be hard-pressed to retain their relatively slim majority in the House of Representatives.
Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
Off topic, but is there any word stupider than cuck?
I don't know its handy for letting me know who I can easily dismiss.

Last edited by ahhell; 8th November 2018 at 11:12 AM.
ahhell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2018, 11:33 AM   #69
Checkmite

My language also echoes that of THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. Who just got taken to task for calling the caravan "an invasion" as well.
But he did not couple this characterization with prophecy about a literal plan to "slaughter whites". That's beyond the typical "Skyrim for the Nords", whites-are-in-charge-because-they-deserve-to-be brand of American white nationalism and into the land of a Charlie Manson-esque paranoid delusion.

And this thinking will logically justify a violent act of resistance at some point. Supposing your dispassionate and non-violent current strategy, which you call "maybe not really viable but worth a shot", to prevent this fate electorially and split the country peacefully by winning the hearts and minds of white people turns out not to be so viable after all, what is Plan B? Roll over and be "slaughtered"?
Old 8th November 2018, 12:21 PM   #70
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by ahhell View Post
I don't know its handy for letting me know who I can easily dismiss.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2018, 12:26 PM   #71
baron

A right wing member of a right wing party with right wing views? It shouldn't be allowed.
baron is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2018, 02:25 PM   #72
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by baron View Post
A right wing member of a right wing party with right wing views? It shouldn't be allowed.
Nice to see people admitting racism is part of the right wing. Finally.
“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2018, 03:28 PM   #73
baron

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Nice to see people admitting racism is part of the right wing. Finally.
I'm so bored of that word. Once it meant something. Not any more.
baron is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2018, 03:37 PM   #74
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

I'm not one to quibble over semantics. What word do you propose we use to describe people who think their race is innately superior to other races?
Old 8th November 2018, 03:53 PM   #75
sir drinks-a-lot
Philosopher

When everyone is a racist, white supremacist, transhomophobe, misogynist, then no-one is.
Old 8th November 2018, 04:17 PM   #76
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by tyr_13 View Post
They probably have me on ignore, as I already spoon-fed some. But hell, I'll do some more.

Say 'ahh', here comes the train! "Diversity is not our strength."

“What does this diversity bring that we don’t already have? Mexican food, Chinese food, those things — well, that’s fine. But what does it bring that we don’t have that is worth the price? We have a lot of diversity within the U.S. already.” - said supporting the arguments of neo-nazis while being interviewed on a neo-nazis show.

Latinos “calves the size of cantaloupes because they’re hauling 75 pounds of marijuana across the desert.” he vomited forth.

“We add to our population approximately 1.8 million of ‘somebody else’s babies’ who are raised in another culture before they get to us. We are replacing our American culture 2 to 1 every year.” - talking about brown babies.

“This whole ‘white people’ business, though, does get a little tired, Charlie. I mean, I’d ask you to go back through history and figure out, where are these contributions that have been made by these other categories of people that you’re talking about? Where did any other subgroup of people contribute to civilization?" on the concept of non-whites contributing to our culture.

And it goes on.
Thanks. I guess I should have done that, but felt that the "give me examples" routine was just a BS Delaying tactic, since I can't believe that anybody who is interested in US politics is not familiar with King and his long history of outreous statements.
ANd I see that one of our resident Neo Nazis does not like me very much. I take that as a huge compliment.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2018, 04:18 PM   #77
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

ANd I see that one of our resident Neo Nazis does not like me very much. I take that as a huge compliment.
You'll need to more specific. The virulent racists are out in force.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2018, 04:21 PM   #78
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

What makes this funny is that I would qualify as a 100% Aryan under ST's definition of White.

As for deep plot against ST's group, not true, but if there is a deep plot against the Neo Nazis and other assorted white surpremists, where the hell do I sign up?

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2018, 04:48 PM   #79
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing

Fallacious reduction. That this blatant racism is objected to does not mean people are saying either that it no right wing views are unobjectionable nor that the view should not 'be allowed'.

Originally Posted by sir drinks-a-lot View Post
When everyone is a racist, white supremacist, transhomophobe, misogynist, then no-one is.
Oh yeah, it's so the fault of the progs that you all refuse to even acknowledge blatant racism right in front of you all. That's great personal responsibility.

If you don't want to object or to care, fine. But that's on you both, not on anyone else. Own it. Own the consequences of it too.
Old 8th November 2018, 04:52 PM   #80
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing

Thanks. I guess I should have done that, but felt that the "give me examples" routine was just a BS Delaying tactic, since I can't believe that anybody who is interested in US politics is not familiar with King and his long history of outreous statements.
Honestly while it is good practice to have documented support written out in the thread, or at least linked to, I can't blame you much in this specific case. It's clear that it would not have changed anything as my spoon-feeding several times hasn't changed the arguments at all anyway.

That's the thing about making good points or asking good questions to the GOP supporters; they either ignore it or announce how it is your fault they won't answer. Removing their own agency is the only way they have left to deal intellectually and emotionally with their actions. As the actions they have to defend get worse, the rationalizations will get worse, which in true allows for worse actions...

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics