IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 24th February 2013, 07:45 PM   #1841
Clayton Moore
Banned

Vide
Originally Posted by brazenlilraisin View Post
For your theory to work at all, something projected or created the illusion of a plane flying toward the towers. I hope you agree with this given that the image was broadcast live from several angles. If the "plane" was merely a David Copperfield-type illusion, then its timing had to be split-second precise in order to coincide with the very real explosions that occurred as the plane appeared to enter the tower.

How could "they" be sure that this classified projection technology was going to work properly? What if it appeared to be a transparent plane? What if it turned out not to be visible at all? Then you'd have a plane shaped hole made by, ahem, no plane.

Worse yet, what if the timing was indeed not precise? Imagine a big kaboom suddenly blowing a long narrow hole into the tower which a plane then flies into? Ever so much worse yet, a plane is seen flying into the tower, but then nothing happens at all. It would be immediately apparent that it was an illusion. THEN a plane-shaped hole is blasted into the side of the building.

With THOSE possibilities to consider you don't think the perpetrator would just use a real plane??
Videos were fiddled with and fed live to the public. In case you forgot the image of a plane flew into the tower and nothing did happen. Until the image of the plane disappeared into the building.
Clayton Moore is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2013, 08:27 PM   #1842
MIKILLINI
Incromulent Logic

Originally Posted by Clayton Moore View Post
Vide

Videos were fiddled with and fed live to the public. In case you forgot the image of a plane flew into the tower and nothing did happen. Until the image of the plane disappeared into the building.
Really Clayton? Have you got someone who confessed to fiddling with the video?

Do you know what N334AA and N612UA identify?

The conspiracist is not merely illogical: he assaults logic.~ Pomeroo
MIKILLINI is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2013, 08:42 PM   #1843
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Vide

Incoherent. Try again. Also funny, since you keep on claiming to be some sort of genius, yet cannot formulate language.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2013, 09:00 PM   #1844
AdMan
Penultimate Amazing

Vide

Nonsense.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 24th February 2013, 10:09 PM   #1845
BadBoy
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
For me it's very difficult to remove something from video unless it's a fully digital animation, but adding CGI to real video is a snap. Well, we have 6 minutes of video before he added a jet to it, and there would be no reason for him to edit-out the jumpers which were part of the official story anyway, and it would be too difficult to do and probably quite noticable on top of it. Therefore, the video is genuine but the jet is fake. This is the lesson Simon Shack keeps missing, but IMO that's because he's in the evidence disposal business.
For you?

Did you bother to find mout how difficult it would actually be to edit out the jumpers?

Listen, can you answer one question. Why didnt they just use a real jet? Would have been much easier.
Old 24th February 2013, 10:29 PM   #1846
BadBoy
Graduate Poster

Im confused. are the no planers saying all the videos were faked, and all the witnesses were wrong. Or are they saying the plane was projected into the air in some way.

Go sell Crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
Old 24th February 2013, 10:50 PM   #1847
The Platypus
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by BadBoy View Post
Im confused. are the no planers saying all the videos were faked, and all the witnesses were wrong. Or are they saying the plane was projected into the air in some way.

Go sell Crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
Both, there is more than one sect of 9/11 no-planer cult

Always beware of those that overuse, capitalize and blanket themselves in them word "truth". I may not always know the truth, but i do know when i'm being lied too.
The Platypus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2013, 11:26 PM   #1848
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Platypus View Post
All true but - don't overlook - most of the postings these days are trolling - either pure and simple trolling OR trolling used to bolster the remnants of a long disproved delusion.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2013, 12:26 AM   #1849
Clayton Moore
Banned

Originally Posted by ozeco41 View Post
All true but - don't overlook - most of the postings these days are trolling - either pure and simple trolling OR trolling used to bolster the remnants of a long disproved delusion.
So why are you here? Who's the freaking troll?
Clayton Moore is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2013, 12:35 AM   #1850
Clayton Moore
Banned

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Why would Al Qaeda want to have the fewest number of contingincies to deal with, in carrying out a terrorist attack?
Because Al-Qaeda didn't have anything to do with it.
Old 25th February 2013, 12:52 AM   #1851
ozeco41
Philosopher

Check your definitions of 'most' and 'troll'.

..and thank you for confirming the point I made.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2013, 12:54 AM   #1852
AdMan
Penultimate Amazing

Who's the freaking troll?
I think most of us can tell who is.
Old 25th February 2013, 01:01 AM   #1853
Ape of Good Hope
Graduate Poster

You should be able to tell us.

After all, you're smarter than 99.78 of the people on this planet.

ETA - back on topic, several people responded to your "ghostlike image of a partial plane" post on page 41. Have you got around to reading these replies yet, and if so, can you confirm that you understand what's being explained to you with regard to video resolution?

Last edited by Ape of Good Hope; 25th February 2013 at 01:18 AM.
Ape of Good Hope is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2013, 01:40 AM   #1854
The Platypus
Graduate Poster

Al-Qaeda disagrees with you. So does just about everyone else outside of 9/11 conspiracy lunatic fringe cults.

Always beware of those that overuse, capitalize and blanket themselves in them word "truth". I may not always know the truth, but i do know when i'm being lied too.

Last edited by The Platypus; 25th February 2013 at 01:45 AM.
The Platypus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2013, 04:38 AM   #1855
fitzgibbon
Master Poster

Vide

OK Clayton; I'll throw the same gauntlet down that yankee451 has refused to pick up so far. I'm a broadcast television professional of 30+ years in the business with camera, editing and transmission expertise: tell me precisely how you think the "videos were fiddled with and fed live to the public"?

Was this all in real time?

What 2001-era equipment was being used? (software versions would be a nice addition)

What was the workpath?

Unspecified "fiddled with" just won't cut it as an answer. Also, why don't you confer with miragememories for his input on the matter. That way you can have a TV-truther's input if you'll take it

Time to put up or shut up

Fitz
"Television is a circus, a carnival, a traveling troupe of acrobats, storytellers, dancers, singers, jugglers, side-show freaks, lion tamers, and football players. We're in the boredom-killing business! So if you want the truth... Go to God!"
Howard Beale, "Network"
fitzgibbon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2013, 06:14 AM   #1856
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

There's no alternative explanation with any evidence, besides Al Qaeda. Or do you count alternative definitions of Symmetrical, Pull, Looks Like CD, and New Pearl Harbor as evidence? In any case, you conveniently left out the second half of my post about if 'twere the Gubmit.
Old 25th February 2013, 06:36 AM   #1857
NoahFence
Banned

Vide

LOL

So nothing happened to the building until the plane hit it.

In other news, the sun didn't come out until daybreak, the pitcher didn't throw a strike until he threw a strike, and pathetic arguments didn't magically appear until you typed.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2013, 07:18 AM   #1858
Pinch
Critical Thinker

Vide

In case you forgot the image of a plane flew into the tower and nothing did happen. Until the image of the plane disappeared into the building.
You can always tell a Truther's grasp on reality - tenuous or otherwise - by how they believe a 90-ton airliner traveling at 730 feet per second should react when it impacts a comparatively thin lattice work of steel box beams, spandrels, aluminum cladding and glass.
Old 25th February 2013, 10:37 AM   #1859
Hercules Rockefeller
Woof!

Originally Posted by Ape of Good Hope View Post

That's nothing. I'm smarter than 150 people on this planet.
Old 25th February 2013, 11:22 AM   #1860
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by Ape of Good Hope View Post

Only the smartest people know that ''gobbets'' of vaccine injected into the muscle of the arm end up in the alimentary tract.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2013, 11:31 AM   #1861
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
As usual in threads dealing with video, I will back fitz's call for a technical explanation of how this sipposed fakery was accomplished.
I began my carreer as an electronic tech responsible for maintenance and repair of air nav and comm, ground based equipment , then close to 20 years ago switched to tv distribution maintenance and professional video production.

Ace couldn't come up with a plausible ccount. IIRC he basically appealed to a magical secret system of cgi.

What I do know is that no no-planer has claimed to have managed to reproduce any of this fakery on a live video stream, either using insertion techniques available in 2001 or that which has become available in the past decade.

Again I will remind you and everyone else that so far there has been no instance of anyone reproducing the supposed live render cgi done on 9/11.
So how about it Clayton, are you ready to demonstrate that it can be done with last decade's technology? or with today's?

..... awaiting the "you don't know what THEY have " further appeal to magic
You need to take The Fewer Possible Contingencies To Deal With The Better 101. With fake planes you don't need to hit targets in a timely manner. You don't need to depend on planes not being intercepted. You don't need to depend on hijackers not being detained or getting drunk the night before.
All you need to do is rely on being able to intercept every single live TV feed in one of the most media dense cities on the planet, then rely on being able to also intercept every single private video and possible still camera in an area where the mean income allows a great many peope the ability to own video or still cameras.

Yeah fewest possible contingencies there Clayton!
Quote:
You don't need to depend on a hijacker to fly a huge passenger jet flawlessly on his maiden flight.
Lovely example of the "Texas Sharpshooter" logical fantasy, Clayton.
This was never a thing anyone needed to depend on given that even if the planes had been shot down or crashed into Central Park there would STILL be a couple of hundred dead Americans!

Last edited by jaydeehess; 25th February 2013 at 12:04 PM.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2013, 12:01 PM   #1862
The Big Dog

Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Father Judge. Sure, that's the topic that got me banned from ATS. Septic Overload didn't like the fact that I chose to post about Death Certificate number one at the same time he was using his "iconic" propaganda photos as his icon for the anniversary of 9/11. Kinda sick if you ask me.

What about him? Have you seen the Naudet film by the way?
Wrong.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2013, 12:04 PM   #1863
CORed
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
All you need to do is rely on being able to ontercept every single live TV feed in one of the most media dense ciries on the planet, then rely on being able to also intercept every single private video and possible still camera in an area where the mean income allows a great many peope the ability to own video or still cameras.

Yeah fewest possible contingencies there Clayton!

This was never a thing anyone needed to depend on given that even if the planes had been shot down or crashed into Central Park there would STILL be a couple of hundred dead Americans!
Of course you also have to fake air traffic control radar, flight data recorder data, airline records, and somehow make all the passengers disappear (or create vicsims, with personal histories so detailed and complete that nobody will ever be able to prove they didn't exist). Of course, evil gubmint conspirators can do anything, because they're magic.

In the real world, once the hijackers had control of the planes, it was mission accomplished. At worst, they were going to kill the passengers. Actually hitting the buildings was a bonus, having the WTC buildings collapse was even more of a bonus. Even if the WTC towers didn't collapse, the fires would have killed several hundred people in addition to plane passengers, and rendered the WTC buildings useless.

Of course, the same logic applies to the hypothetical "false flag" government operation. There was simply no need for the convoluted plot that the "no planes" scenario requires. Even assuming that somebody in the government was evil enough to murder a few thousand American citizens to further their agenda, and arrogant/stupid enough to believe they could get away with it, simply blowing up the buildings or flying planes into them would have gotten the job done. Blowing up the buildings and flying planes into them or faking the flying of planes into them would have been the antithesis of the "minimum contingency" principle.

Last edited by CORed; 25th February 2013 at 12:17 PM.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2013, 12:07 PM   #1864
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
Of course you also have to fake air traffic control radar, flight data recorder data, airline records, and somehow make all the passengers disappear (or create vicsims, with personal histories so detailed and complete that nobody will ever be able to prove they didn't exist). Of course, evil gubmint conspirators can do anything, because they're magic.
Indeed they are magic according to CXlayton.

Reminds me so much of Creationists. Sure it much simpler to just posit an omnipotent being that can do anything and then claim that this scenario is so much less complex than scientific explanaitions of the universe.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2013, 12:23 PM   #1865
CORed
Penultimate Amazing

Yes, IIRC, we have had no-planers here who believed the planes were holograms. Of course, creating a hologram visible in broad daylight from all possible angles is a task that makes editing a few hundred videos pale by comparison, but it does "explain" the eyewitnesses, without invoking "they were all bought off or intimidated".
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2013, 12:26 PM   #1866
CORed
Penultimate Amazing

And no-planers, like most conspiracy theorists, are fully capable of believing two mutually exclusive scenarios simultaneously, as long as both are compatible with "it was an inside job".
Old 25th February 2013, 12:28 PM   #1867
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Yes, IIRC, we have had no-planers here who believed the planes were holograms. Of course, creating a hologram visible in broad daylight from all possible angles is a task that makes editing a few hundred videos pale by comparison, but it does "explain" the eyewitnesses, without invoking "they were all bought off or intimidated".
Well, we'd also need the biggest outdoor sound system ever.
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2013, 01:46 PM   #1868
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

You forgot "faked/didn't exist"
Old 25th February 2013, 09:21 PM   #1869
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
That's nothing. I'm smarter than 150 people on this planet.
I'll see you and raise you.....

I'm smarter than 105% of the people on Prison Planet. (I'm smarter than fifty who haven't signed up yet, but intend to.)

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2013, 11:05 PM   #1870
BadBoy
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by twinstead View Post
Until I hear from some kind of official Round Earth Society, I'm going to continue to believe the world is flat. twinstead has spoken
I've gone all the way around by plane. Its actually a cube, which you cannot possibly know unless you went off the edge. I did.
Old 25th February 2013, 11:33 PM   #1871
BadBoy
Graduate Poster

prove me wrong
Old 25th February 2013, 11:59 PM   #1872
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

prove me wrong
In a Jammo / Yankee 451 / Clayton thread?

You'd have to get in a long queue for the Prove Poster A, B, C, >... Z.... Has/Have Gone Over the Edge sweepstakes. We might get to you in 2017.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories