ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , bigfoot

Old 7th November 2019, 06:32 AM   #1761
Drewbot
Philosopher

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Cervelo showed me the NDA and it has a huge burrito stain. As if it were used as a placemat for a fine meal.
How did you know it was a burrito stain?

Was it red sauce from Taco Bell?

How do you rule out an Encharito or a Tostada?
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2019, 07:08 AM   #1762
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
How did you know it was a burrito stain?

Was it red sauce from Taco Bell?

How do you rule out an Encharito or a Tostada?
Maybe it should be sent to what's-her-face for DNA testing.
Old 7th November 2019, 11:49 AM   #1763
Agatha
Winking at the Moon

Mod Warning Stay on topic please, and refrain from personalising your posts.
Posted By:Agatha
Old 7th November 2019, 12:56 PM   #1764
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
I was asked by you to provide evidence from this forum indicating you broke the NDA. I have done so. Regardless of your many negative public comments about me I have no ill will against you personally cervelo. I'm pointing out (as requested) your willingness to breach a NDA because NL and any other researchers have a need to know.

Chris B.
No you haven't, but that's not surprising, since you can't because I didn't and you know it. I'm not really sure why your still carrying what appears to anyone to be a very personal issue for you.
But hey keep up the good work of not backing up your baseless claims....classic footer stuff!
Cervelo is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2019, 02:04 PM   #1765
Drewbot
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Cervelo View Post
No you haven't, but that's not surprising, since you can't because I didn't and you know it. I'm not really sure why your still carrying what appears to anyone to be a very personal issue for you.
But hey keep up the good work of not backing up your baseless claims....classic footer stuff!
I mean, it has to be parody.

We have a thread devoted to the hilarity of Footer antics, and he drops the old, I have evidence, but I'm not going to show you.

It is classic footer.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2019, 04:19 PM   #1766
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

I mean, it has to be parody.

We have a thread devoted to the hilarity of Footer antics, and he drops the old, I have evidence, but I'm not going to show you.

It is classic footer.
If it wasn't such a sad display it would be funny. It's mind boggling how one can provide such weak and/or no evidence of their claim, and then move on to declaring they've proven their case.
But hey that's the most fascinating thing about the footer belief system, a near delusional interpetation of facts that are distorted beyond comprehension.
Cervelo is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2019, 06:04 PM   #1767
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

I recall that long, long discussion, and I recall Cervelo assiduously abiding by the NDA. I also recall that from context, including ChrisBFRKY's comments, I was able to determine where it was, i.e., Mammoth Cave National Park. Having been there multiple times, having been born in Kentucky, and still having family in Kentucky while occasionally visiting the Mammoth Cave area and surroundings, it wasn't hard.

If anyone outed the location, it was me.

More importantly, while I have not seen the specific NDA Cervelo signed, it was in a conversation either in the same thread or a related one, I expressed a willingness to partake in such an excursion (not with Chris, though, iirc), and someone (perhaps Chris) shared what the NDA would look like. It was laughably vague, and I said so. If it is the same one Cervelo signed, it is completely unenforceable.
Old 7th November 2019, 06:25 PM   #1768
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator

Certainly you broke the NDA you signed with me. A quick glance thru past posts has you describing the area with specific details of the area and location. The NDA you signed limited your description of the area and location to simply "in Kentucky" so no details could be gathered by others. Your subtle and sometimes not so subtle descriptions of the area were a breach of the NDA.

However, that is no longer important since I have recently disclosed the area publicly as the most recent sighting report came from just across the river from where we were.

The only relevance is that you did not adhere to the NDA you signed and it is likely you would breach any other NDA as well.

Chris B.
The NDA specifically limited descriptions of the area to "in Kentucky"
Anything more than that was a violation.

I have no intention at this time of seeking legal action or damages as a result of the breach. I merely suggest that anyone approached about their area consult with me privately for further details.

Chris B.
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.” President Donald John Trump
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2019, 08:13 PM   #1769
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Garrette View Post
I recall that long, long discussion, and I recall Cervelo assiduously abiding by the NDA. I also recall that from context, including ChrisBFRKY's comments, I was able to determine where it was, i.e., Mammoth Cave National Park. Having been there multiple times, having been born in Kentucky, and still having family in Kentucky while occasionally visiting the Mammoth Cave area and surroundings, it wasn't hard.

More importantly, while I have not seen the specific NDA Cervelo signed, it was in a conversation either in the same thread or a related one, I expressed a willingness to partake in such an excursion (not with Chris, though, iirc), and someone (perhaps Chris) shared what the NDA would look like. It was laughably vague, and I said so. If it is the same one Cervelo signed, it is completely unenforceable.
No, it was not me. I've never shown you a NDA. (Just for clarity)

Chris B.
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.” President Donald John Trump
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2019, 08:24 PM   #1770
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

The NDA specifically limited descriptions of the area to "in Kentucky"
Anything more than that was a violation.

I have no intention at this time of seeking legal action or damages as a result of the breach. I merely suggest that anyone approached about their area consult with me privately for further details.

Chris B.
I double dog dare you to sue me!!
Old 7th November 2019, 09:25 PM   #1771
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

It's was quite a drawn out affair and Chris was his own worst enemy, just as in the current discussion. What he doesn't know is I have a very good friend who's a very good corporate lawyer, they know NDA's he's seen a lot of them in negotiations of mergers, sales of companies ect ect, whom I showed the NDA to upon returning from my trip, surprisingly he still has in his possession.
I've spoken with him and given him copies and access to the discussion here, just for poops and giggles, he found them very amusing.
His opinion is no lawyer would touch this with the proverbial ten foot pole, but I had a defamation/libel case if I wanted to pursue it, so we'll see.

Last edited by Cervelo; 7th November 2019 at 09:33 PM.
Old 8th November 2019, 04:19 AM   #1772
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

No, it was not me. I've never shown you a NDA. (Just for clarity)

Chris B.
Thankls for the clarification. Perhaps Northern Lights, but I could be wrong on that, too.
Old 8th November 2019, 04:22 AM   #1773
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

It's was quite a drawn out affair and Chris was his own worst enemy, just as in the current discussion. What he doesn't know is I have a very good friend who's a very good corporate lawyer, they know NDA's he's seen a lot of them in negotiations of mergers, sales of companies ect ect, whom I showed the NDA to upon returning from my trip, surprisingly he still has in his possession.
I've spoken with him and given him copies and access to the discussion here, just for poops and giggles, he found them very amusing.
His opinion is no lawyer would touch this with the proverbial ten foot pole, but I had a defamation/libel case if I wanted to pursue it, so we'll see.
With the normal IANAL caveat, and admitting that I think Chris has overstepped bounds of decency in his comments regarding you, I'd be surprised if a lawyer would take up a libel or defamation case against him. Even if the words themselves can be shown to be knowingly deceitful and derogatory, they really fall in the realm of schoolyard insults, and I think you would be hard put to show damages.
Old 8th November 2019, 05:43 AM   #1774
Drewbot
Philosopher

I had a defamation/libel case if I wanted to pursue it, so we'll see.
First question how were you damaged?

Have you lost any business because of the Chris' attacks?

Your reputation certainly hasn't been damaged.

Last edited by Drewbot; 8th November 2019 at 05:44 AM.
Old 8th November 2019, 07:20 AM   #1775
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

First question how were you damaged?

Have you lost any business because of the Chris' attacks?

Your reputation certainly hasn't been damaged.
First understand that a defamation/libel case is a civil issue and the bar for winning an award is very low.....but can be very costly. An extreme example is OJ Simpson, he did not get convicted in criminal court but did in civil court.

While business lost could be a component of a defamation/libel case, and if successful could contribute to the amount of the damages awarded.

But to answer your question none but that's not what this case would be about, Chris is claiming I broke his NDA and warning others to not engage with me due to his assertion that I am untrustworthy.
That issue would be the crux of the case, realize in the U.S. you can sue someone for almost anything in civil court, it's just s matter of how much money you want to spend and how much risk you want to take.
This case would first be a test of the NDA which would wither and go poof in court, but realize it would never get that far here's how it would happen.

This would be a libel case which is a written slander as opposed to defamation which is a verbal slander.

Lawyers get hired and review the information and inform their clients what to do.
I've got some pretty good counsel, not because I take this that seriously, he just happens to be one of my best friends I've known since childhood, whom I hunt and fish with on a regular basis, we talk about this kinda poop (Delusional thinking as it relates to fantastical claims) on a regular basis.
His opinion is it would never go to court if the defendants lawyer has a lick of sense, the NDAs never been broken therefore the claims against me are false.
Then it just becomes a matter of the defendant deciding how much money they want to spend on this.....settle out of court or go to court taking a chance of losing and hoping, against counsel advice of successfully defending.

Has my reputation been damaged? That's a very subjective thing to access and in the current society of the snowflake, micro aggression, constantly aggrieved.....meh that's not a position I'd want to be in by making baseless claims in writing on public fourms.
Old 8th November 2019, 07:29 AM   #1776
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Thankls for the clarification. Perhaps Northern Lights, but I could be wrong on that, too.
Here's a link to the discussion
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=315469

For those that care it not only covers NL peddling his Bigfoot Good'in Plenty tour but some of the context for the NDA discussion here
Old 8th November 2019, 08:03 AM   #1777
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

I don't know how it works. Can libel suits be brought by a pseudonym? An entity only known as "Cervelo" is bringing a libel lawsuit. Does this work?
Old 8th November 2019, 11:42 AM   #1778
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

I don't know how it works. Can libel suits be brought by a pseudonym? An entity only known as "Cervelo" is bringing a libel lawsuit. Does this work?
The short answer is yes, alittle googling on the subject will send you to numerous examples and discussions that get into the weeds of legalese that's way over my head.
Old 8th November 2019, 12:20 PM   #1779
carlitos
"más divertido"

I am not a lawyer.

The idea of a non-disclosure agreement to cover the super-secret location of a fictional animal on public land is so laughable, really I can't even process it. What a weird hobby.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2019, 01:41 PM   #1780
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
I am not a lawyer.

The idea of a non-disclosure agreement to cover the super-secret location of a fictional animal on public land is so laughable, really I can't even process it. What a weird hobby.
The NDA included viewing a video (which I never did) as well as the location of the video. Prior to committing to meeting Chris he had told me the general location and due to its proximity to other sites of interest, one being Mammoth Cave NP, I agreed to meet with him. The whole thing really came about as a result of discussion on this site and Chris sort of calling out skeptics about visiting the site.

This is the same type of discussion I've had with Northern Lights when he/she was here peddling Bigfoot Excursions in an effort to sway the skeptics. He declined to provide any info, which makes it a little difficult to make travel plans.

My interest has always been the reason why, for the most part perfectly reasonable people are compelled to believe in such a easily provable improbability of a giant monkey man roaming the U.S. continent. So the opportunity to do that and see some sights was very appealing.

After spending time with Chris it was very apparent why he believes what he believes and just for the record I had a great afternoon and never felt that uneasiness one gets in the presence of insanity.

Now his subsequent claims/behaviour displayed here on this forum is obviously a different issue and quite baffling, but certainly revealing. He seems to think that me discussing my camping trip in Mammoth NP is a violation of his NDA....good luck with that, as I've said he should put his money where his mouth is, sue me, it will be fun for me and very expensive for him. But that's not going to happen because he can't even back his claim with a quote from this site. Which is supposedly where I broke the NDA, go figure!

Which brings us to your comment about a weird hobby and/or the real motivation, which I guess is a question only Chris can answer.

Last edited by Cervelo; 8th November 2019 at 02:05 PM.
Old 9th November 2019, 09:35 AM   #1781
philkensebben
Illuminator

I am not a lawyer.

I was just thinking this exact same thing. Its just too silly for words.
philkensebben is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2019, 11:34 AM   #1782
Jodie
Philosopher

Nevermind, You aren't known for your upstanding honesty in my experience. Blatantly denied all of your dealings with me so I'm going to have to side with Chris on this one, you signed what he considered to be a NDA but you weren't taking it seriously, obviously, therefore it didn't count. That's the gist of this, right?

That, and you go out of your way to explain yourself when you get caught. There's a name for that but the rules prevent my posting what that is. :-) Don't bother getting your jock strap in a wad over it, I probably won't be back for another month or two and by that time I will have forgotten the entire conversation.
"When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look but it was gone, I cannot put my finger on it now. The child is grown, the dream is gone. I have become comfortably numb. " Pink Floyd

Last edited by Jodie; 10th November 2019 at 11:51 AM.
Jodie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2019, 11:50 AM   #1783
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
Nevermind, You aren't known for your upstanding honesty in my experience. Blatantly denied all of your dealings with me so I'm going to have to side with Chris on this one, you signed what he considered to be a NDA but you weren't taking it seriously, obviously, therefore it didn't count. That's the gist of this, right?

That, and you go out of your way to explain yourself when you get caught. There's a name for that but the rules prevent my posting what that is. :-)
NDA's cover attitudes now?
Old 10th November 2019, 12:51 PM   #1784
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

That, and you go out of your way to explain yourself when you get caught. There's a name for that but the rules prevent my posting what that is. :-) Don't bother getting your jock strap in a wad over it, I probably won't be back for another month or two and by that time I will have forgotten the entire conversation.
LOL.....wow I must have handed you your ass on a regular basis, try to let go of your anger there Jodie. But just as with Chris, back up your baseless claims, you couldn't then and can't now. That's why most that make baseless claims scurry off when busted. But you do take it to a new level, by telegraphing that your going to hit and run in advance.....well done!

I'm sure that some Bigfoots are roaming your backyard stealing butts out of your ashtray or maybe some cougar kills at your friends house on an island in South Carolina or.....well need I go on, so go get'em Jodie your one of the best a unsubstantiated claims.

So why don't you take a whack at it show me where I've broken my NDA, it should be a pretty easy search since according to Chris I did it right here on this site. Don't just side with Chris because you obviously have some ax to grind with me. Back up your claim or Chris's claim.

So just as with Chris, put your money where your mouth is, show us all where I have been dishonest in my dealings with you.

Oh your not going anywhere your obviously keeping up with every word but your silence will be very revealing.....good to hear from your!

Last edited by Cervelo; 10th November 2019 at 01:09 PM.
Old 11th November 2019, 06:46 AM   #1785
Gamolon
Master Poster

Chris, you posted this:
The NDA you signed limited your description of the area and location to simply "in Kentucky" so no details could be gathered by others.
Then posted this below. Is the quote below supposed to be your example of Cervelo breaking the NDA by using any other words other than "in Kentucky" to describe your area?
NL would you be willing to disclose the name of the public land the Bigfoots are located.
Having been down this road before with Chris, I'd love to know if it's a national/state park that I have not visited and may have other interest of mine, if I made the trip.
Gamolon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2019, 06:30 AM   #1786
rockysmith76
Critical Thinker

So.... regardless of the underlying Bigfootish theme, an NDA is an NDA, and here we have another person questioning Cervelo's honestly. Not taking an NDA seriously wouldn't absolve Cervelo of liability. Maybe Chris should sue you. Nothing like a little legal drama to spice up the day.
rockysmith76 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2019, 07:42 AM   #1787
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

^^^^^^
Why would Chris sue Jodie?

If your suggesting Chris should sue me....I've suggested that many times right here in this thread numerous times.
Geez dude how about reading a little of the thread before injecting your prattle.

Last edited by Cervelo; 12th November 2019 at 07:45 AM.
Old 12th November 2019, 10:35 AM   #1788
rockysmith76
Critical Thinker

^^^^^^
Why would Chris sue Jodie?

If your suggesting Chris should sue me....I've suggested that many times right here in this thread numerous times.
Geez dude how about reading a little of the thread before injecting your prattle.
I was referring to you, lawyer up...
rockysmith76 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2019, 11:15 AM   #1789
rockysmith76
Critical Thinker

It would be hilarious watching the case getting tossed, but not quite as funny as the defamation case that could follow, civil court can be so much fun!!
funnier still if the suit went through just for the circus that would follow.
Old 12th November 2019, 11:16 AM   #1790
rockysmith76
Critical Thinker

Cervelo showed me the NDA and it has a huge burrito stain. As if it were used as a placemat for a fine meal.
coulda just been signed at a Taco Bell
Old 12th November 2019, 12:20 PM   #1791
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by rockysmith76 View Post
I was referring to you, lawyer up...
Again please do a little reading before shooting your mouth off, already got that covered. Dude your embarrassingly late to this discussion but hey that seems to be your MO, keep up the good work!
Old 12th November 2019, 02:59 PM   #1792
GT/CS
Illuminator

Again please do a little reading before shooting your mouth off, already got that covered. Dude your embarrassingly late to this discussion but hey that seems to be your MO, keep up the good work!
Rocky,
Cervelo is correct, you’re just embarrassing yourself.
Old 13th November 2019, 08:05 AM   #1793
Drewbot
Philosopher

Originally Posted by GT/CS View Post
Rocky,
Cervelo is correct, you’re just embarrassing yourself.
I'm sure Parcher is already coming up with theories.
But i'm thinking this is an angry former member, or a footer trying to troll.
Old Yesterday, 10:05 AM   #1794
rockysmith76
Critical Thinker

I'm sure Parcher is already coming up with theories.
But i'm thinking this is an angry former member, or a footer trying to troll.
I'm thinking that you are having conspiratorial thoughts not relevant to the subject matter. Let Parcher have his "theories", going off the OP, follies indeed.
Old Yesterday, 10:19 AM   #1795
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Empty threats of legal action, NDA's about the secret location of mysterious greenbelts behind local supermarket parking lots, endless waffling about what "BLAArging" means and if it's a real word, Good 'n' Plenty flashbacks... Another day in the ever intriguing world of the never-present Sasquatch.

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:49 AM   #1796
mustbeso
Thinker

Wow, haven't looked in lately. This thread just makes me think there are nits to be picked and pick we must. I think every time you feel that way just sit back and remember it's just bigfoot and he's not really there. Having to sign an NDA with regard to bigfoot is just too funny to get mad over
mustbeso is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:53 AM   #1797
rockysmith76
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Gilbert Syndrome View Post
Empty threats of legal action, NDA's about the secret location of mysterious greenbelts behind local supermarket parking lots, endless waffling about what "BLAArging" means and if it's a real word, Good 'n' Plenty flashbacks... Another day in the ever intriguing world of the never-present Sasquatch.
Oh stop it, the people were always more entertaining anyway.
Old Yesterday, 11:04 AM   #1798
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by rockysmith76 View Post
Oh stop it, the people were always more entertaining anyway.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 11:08 AM   #1799
rockysmith76
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by mustbeso View Post
Wow, haven't looked in lately. This thread just makes me think there are nits to be picked and pick we must. I think every time you feel that way just sit back and remember it's just bigfoot and he's not really there. Having to sign an NDA with regard to bigfoot is just too funny to get mad over
No.... you are going to court for that. WE can settle for 3 Guzillion dollars, and ignore Parcher it is really a real number.
Old Yesterday, 11:09 AM   #1800
rockysmith76
Critical Thinker

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal