IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 6th April 2009, 04:27 AM   #1
Cuddles
Penultimate Amazing

Motlen Steel - Continuation

Mod Warninghttp://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=117236
This thread had been growing rather long and so has been closed to avoid causing problems with the forum database. This thread has been started to continue the discussion.

However, I also note that several off-topic subjects were being discussed towards the end. Please avoid bring those subjects here - discussions about things like explosives and the reliability of eyewitnesses should take place in their own threads.
Responding to this modbox in thread will be off topic Posted By:Cuddles

Last edited by Cuddles; 6th April 2009 at 04:31 AM.
Cuddles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2009, 04:36 AM   #2
Sunstealer
Illuminator

Please just let this one die - all the points have been discussed at least 20 times in the original thread.
Sunstealer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2009, 04:44 AM   #3
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Sunstealer View Post
Please just let this one die - all the points have been discussed at least 20 times in the original thread.
...except for "Motlen Steel"
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2009, 05:11 AM   #4
Christopher7
Philosopher

Did I mention the witnesses?
[please don't answer]

I agree with Sunstealer, [will wonders never cease] we've pretty well covered it the required 20 times now.

Last edited by Christopher7; 6th April 2009 at 05:13 AM.
Christopher7 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2009, 05:20 AM   #5
ElMondoHummus
0.25 short of being half-witted

Originally Posted by ozeco41 View Post
...except for "Motlen Steel"
Old 6th April 2009, 07:48 AM   #6
Jackanory
Graduate Poster

Is C7 still throwing his teddy bears out of his pram. I can almost hear him stamping his feet because he cant get his own way. With icecream and chocolate dribbling down his face

Us Bush lovers really know how to rock that cradle - specifically those of us from the UK, with no USA government affiliation
Jackanory is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2009, 08:12 AM   #7
TheRedWorm
I AM the Red Worm!

C7: Your question is stupid and deserves an answer in kind.
If you have a point, make it. Don't ask stupid questions.

Me: I'll agree that the question is stupid, and that is intentional. What I want you to realize is that you are using the same stupid logic for your claims. Do you recognize this?

As usual, he doesn't understand the relevant sciences, can't Google for the right thing, and appears to rely on the notion that a word salad liberally sprinkled with Google Croutons will make his argument seem coherent. -JayUtah
TheRedWorm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2009, 08:29 AM   #8
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TheRedWorm View Post
Me: I'll agree that the question is stupid, and that is intentional. What I want you to realize is that you are using the same stupid logic for your claims. Do you recognize this?
Is C7 the only one who DOESN'T get this?
Old 6th April 2009, 08:32 AM   #9
TheRedWorm
I AM the Red Worm!

Originally Posted by twinstead View Post
Is C7 the only one who DOESN'T get this?

I think he very well may get it, he just doesn't want to admit it.

As usual, he doesn't understand the relevant sciences, can't Google for the right thing, and appears to rely on the notion that a word salad liberally sprinkled with Google Croutons will make his argument seem coherent. -JayUtah
TheRedWorm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2009, 08:35 AM   #10
lapman
Graduate Poster

Quote:
At 1:22 there is an explosion, everyone starts screaming, the camera pans to the south tower, and then you hear the continuous rumble of the collapsing building.
The explosion is a separate sound and could not be part of a continuous bunch of floors collapsing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OQWz...eature=related

Since explosions are very low frequency, it is necessary to listen on a good stereo and crank up the bass. There is a 2 second separation between the initial explosion and the rumble of the building collapsing.
What a bunch of crap. The sound of explosives covers a wide range, even from that distance.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
They take their paranoia, mix in a healthy dose of mistrust in anything "gubmint", and then bake it in that big ole EZ Bake oven of ignorance, and come to the delusional conclusion that 9/11 was an inside job. - Seymour Butz
lapman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2009, 11:11 AM   #11
Bluesky

There were more explosions reported in NY a couple of nights ago, see article in NY Post

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04102009...use_163790.htm

These explosions were caused by someone falling to their death from an 11 story building. The reports of explosions are not malicious just inaccurate; same as WTC.

Sorry I agree, molten steel has been done
Bluesky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2009, 02:44 PM   #12
Baylor
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Bluesky View Post
There were more explosions reported in NY a couple of nights ago, see article in NY Post

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04102009...use_163790.htm

These explosions were caused by someone falling to their death from an 11 story building. The reports of explosions are not malicious just inaccurate; same as WTC.

Sorry I agree, molten steel has been done
Thanks bluesky. There are many truthers who absolutely love the "sounds of explosions" trutherism. It's seems to be the truthers' number one trutherism, other than "first time in history." I tend to argue that the "sounds of explosions" were falling parts of the buildings. It's a little less macabre.
Baylor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories