IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 911 conspiracy theory , thermite , wtc1 , wtc2

Closed Thread
Old 9th April 2009, 10:59 AM   #1241
lapman
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Galileo View Post
Greg;

Thank you for the thoughtful comments.

I would say that the discovery of the nano-thermite shows that the explosions might not be picked up on tape, if that is really the case that they weren't. I heard a lot of loud noises that day.

Many windows were blown out by steel beams that flew 500 feet through the air.
Oh. Super-Sekrit-Nano-Therm*te can blow steel beams weighing many tons 500 feet, yet only make a little sound.

They take their paranoia, mix in a healthy dose of mistrust in anything "gubmint", and then bake it in that big ole EZ Bake oven of ignorance, and come to the delusional conclusion that 9/11 was an inside job. - Seymour Butz
lapman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 11:02 AM   #1242
boloboffin

Someone at DU has asserted that they can tell a difference between the NIST photograph of peeling paint and Jones' pictures of red/gray chips.

So I thought a little experiment would be in order:

Last edited by boloboffin; 9th April 2009 at 11:04 AM.
boloboffin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 11:04 AM   #1243
Sunstealer
Illuminator

Originally Posted by bill smith View Post
If these two statements are true what can be the explanation ?

the gray layers are composed of an opaque homogenous material,''--Hoffman
'' while the gray only contains iron and oxygen--Danish Professor ''

Sunstealer says there was also some Carbon though I'd say it was likely to have been very little given that the Danish guy did not think it worth mentining in his statement above.
No, it's clearly in the EDS data with a significant peak - please tell me how you or him can dismiss it. It's far too significant - originally I thought it might have been an over lap but looking at the other EDS traces this isn't possible. That material definitely contains Carbon and there is the possibility of Mn too. So that statement is false.

The opaque statement is bananas.

We know that properties can change at nano-levels including a change in colour. So maybe the grey stuff IS actualy iron and oxygen- just a nano variety.

If that is true the jig is up.
No the gray layer is likely to be oxidesed steel. Forget the nano. There is nothing special about the word nano. We deal with polycrystalline materials (metals and alloys to you) that have structures in the order of nanometres all of the time. There is nothing special about them. Please desist with the "nano noona nonsense".
Sunstealer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 11:08 AM   #1244
Galileo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by GregoryUrich View Post
Not to make excuses for NIST, but they certainly had time and budget constraints. They also made other mistakes that worked against their conclusions.

Gordon's theory is pure conjecture and is refuted by the sound recordings (on videos) of the collapses. Any explosive that could sever steel would be heard clearly and blow out windows. Neither was observed. I cover this in my Open Letter to Richard Gage and compare sound levels to actual demolitions...easy to find on google.
btw

I your open questions to Gage when you posted it here.

While your debunking is better than any other person here at JREF, it fails to undermine the claims of Gage.
Galileo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 11:14 AM   #1245
Galileo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by lapman View Post
Oh. Super-Sekrit-Nano-Therm*te can blow steel beams weighing many tons 500 feet, yet only make a little sound.

What explosive did blow the columns 500 feet?
Galileo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 11:16 AM   #1246
Galileo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Uh, the Mods have stated that the rules of JREF do not forbid trolling.therefore Trolling a permitted within certain limits.
I strongly disagree with this policy, but the Mods call the shots.
I do not know what a "troll" is. It does not appear in my dictionary, except as to describe it as something like a gremlin or other fantasy creature.

Whatever it is, I am not. I am a truth-seeker and defender of human liberty!
Old 9th April 2009, 11:24 AM   #1247
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by GlennB View Post
When I retired my deepest regret was losing the Black Helicopter.
I lost access to the big jet with nanofoil fuel tanks.

Jones paid how much to publish his tripe?

And all Jones says is he found some iron rust and Al; but he leaves out the Si, Ca, Cr, Na, and other elements that foil his super thermite day. Do the kool-aid drinking 911Truth delusions believers understand these elements are present without the super thermite scenario?
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 11:26 AM   #1248
BCR
Master Poster

I do not know what a "troll" is. It does not appear in my dictionary, except as to describe it as something like a gremlin or other fantasy creature.

Try looking in a mirror.
Old 9th April 2009, 11:29 AM   #1249
lapman
Graduate Poster

There weren't any explosives. The audio recordings is irrefutable proof of that.

Can you present any explosive that can do that silently? Include real experiments that have been done.
They take their paranoia, mix in a healthy dose of mistrust in anything "gubmint", and then bake it in that big ole EZ Bake oven of ignorance, and come to the delusional conclusion that 9/11 was an inside job. - Seymour Butz
lapman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 11:34 AM   #1250
Galileo
Illuminator

For those who haven't seen it, this will probably convince you:

Thermite Experiment!

Some clips of Thermite from Brainiac science abuse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrCWLpRc1yM

Looks like the Twin Towers, doesn't it?
Old 9th April 2009, 11:35 AM   #1251
Galileo
Illuminator

There weren't any explosives. The audio recordings is irrefutable proof of that.

Can you present any explosive that can do that silently? Include real experiments that have been done.
The explosives were found. There are many tapes were explosions can be heard.
Old 9th April 2009, 11:42 AM   #1252
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

You are not a troll; you are a dirt dumb statement-posting troll who can’t figure out 911. So relax, you are wrong again, you are not a truth seeker you are dumb statement 911Truth regurgitating troll, posting lies, hearsay, and fantasy based on lies hearsay, and delusions. A recursive bs poster of junk science and stupid ideas from 911Truth pile of delusions. Not a simple troll, a complex delusion posting troll, unique and not in the dictionary yet.

You do not defend human liberty you apologize poorly for terrorists.

Gravity, but for your delusions it has to be super thermite that is silent and despite being painted all around the steel column. Your silent exploding super-thermite propelled the steel 500 feet by your delusional basting super thermite with directional control.

Reality and the truth you are not seeking; gravity collapse did all the debris ejections. Sad you can't grasp reality and understand physics and you prefer to spew lies from 911 truth. As you try to act like the anti-Galileo you drag the name through the refuse of 911Truth junk science, lies, hearsay, and paranoid delusions. Good job denigrating Galileo with your delusional failed ideas on 911.
The super thermite is not thermite but elements found from WTC debris and packaged in paper to match the delusions of Jones; The chief terrorist failed apologist.

Last edited by beachnut; 9th April 2009 at 12:15 PM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 11:47 AM   #1253
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

No.
leftysergeant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 11:48 AM   #1254
Sparky
Critical Thinker

I am a truth-seeker and defender of human liberty!
Go defend it in another thread. You're derailing this one.
Sparky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 11:49 AM   #1255
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

I have not seen any video with explosions that was not obviously doctored in.

Care to show us a report of the explosives that were found? Seven years of sorting through this balderdash now, and I have not seen any.
leftysergeant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 11:52 AM   #1256
alienentity
Illuminator

In other words, Jones ALWAYS seems to find thermate/thermite, no matter what is actually presented.
Got sulphur? It's thermate. No sulphur? Thermite.
And so on. Since the composition of thermite is so nebulous, you don't even need much aluminum if at all.

All you really need to go this route is some iron oxide mixed with pretty much whatever you like, and Jones will call it 'thermite'.

It's a bit of a chemical shell game at this point.

Last edited by alienentity; 9th April 2009 at 12:03 PM.
alienentity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 11:55 AM   #1257
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Sunstealer View Post
It is rust most likely in the form of Hematite, see postings on this page and all my others. For rust to occur you need oxygen and water. These samples will have been kept in bags away from water hence why the rust hasn't completely vanished.

Opaque homogenous material! WTF! Opaque! Is he saying the "gray layer" is see through? Honestly these people have absolutely no clue, the last thing you can describe that material as is bloody opaque!

He doesn't even comment on the cracks and their morphology in the "gray layer", clearly indicating a brittle material. oh /facepalm, it's too much stupid to comprehend.

Opaque doesn't mean see-through. It means light can pass through it. That mght not be visible to the naked eye but could be picked up by instruments
bill smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 11:58 AM   #1258
lapman
Graduate Poster

The explosives were found.
100% false.

Quote:
There are many tapes were explosions can be heard.
The one video that actually has an explosion on it was sometime after the collapse and is unsourced. One that claims that there are explosions turns out to be bodies slamming into the roof or ground. Of course there is the "bomb in the building" video that has nothing to do with the WTC, yet twoofers still use it.
Old 9th April 2009, 11:59 AM   #1259
GregoryUrich
Graduate Poster

Links please.
"My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims, like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy - the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament." - Dr. Evil
GregoryUrich is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 11:59 AM   #1260
ozeco41
Philosopher

No explosive can blow steel columns 500 feet from the positions those columns originally occupied.

It would need rocket motors.

The only explosives with potential to throw things those distances would be a low explosive such as ANFO. And it would need some constraining and focussing structure which simply was not there.

Even so - for those who try to claim that the global collapse needed explosives to cut floors or columns - cutting explosives are HIGH explosives not LOW explosive "lifters" so the throw would have to be separately set up and distinct from the cutting explosives.

So let us get some engineering reality into the discussion.

Next question please.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 12:02 PM   #1261
alienentity
Illuminator

Is this the same person who posted 'The only people who think the WTC fell down from fire are already archie debunkers and defenders of mass murder who hate our freedoms. They have a vested interest in claiming fire took down the WTC and covering up mass murder by the US government.'

A defender of human liberty doesn't demonize all those who hold a different opinion as people who 'hate our freedoms'.

There's no excuse for what you wrote yesterday. You have disgraced yourself and should apologize for it.
alienentity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 12:02 PM   #1262
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

Opaque doesn't mean see-through. It means light can pass through it. That mght not be visible to the naked eye but could be picked up by instruments
Opaque means light is blocked. Transparent means light passes through without serious distortion or coloor changes. TRANSLUCENT means that only limited light is allowed to pass through.
Old 9th April 2009, 12:03 PM   #1263
Galileo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
You are not a troll; you are a dirt dumb statement-posting troll who can’t figure out 911. So relax, you are wrong again, you are not a truth seeker you are dumb statement 911Truth regurgitating troll, posting lies, hearsay, and fantasy based on lies hearsay, and delusions. A recursive bs poster of junk science and stupid ideas from 911Truth pile of delusions. Not a simple troll, a complex delusion posting troll, unique and not in the dictionary yet.

You do not defend human liberty you apologize poorly for terrorists.

Gravity, but for your delusions it has to be super thermite that is silent and despite being painted all around the steel column. Your silent exploding super-thermite propelled the steel 500 feet by your delusional basting super thermite with directional control.

Reality and the truth you are not seeking is gravity collapse did all the debris ejections. Sad you can't grasp reality and understand physics and you prefer to spew lies from 911 truth. As you try to act like the anti-Galileo you drag the name through the refuse of 911Truth junk science, lies, hearsay, and paranoid delusions. Good job denigrating Galileo with your delusional failed ideas on 911.
You violate the JREF rules against personal insults.

You also do not understand that gravity on earth acts vertically, not horizontally.

I want to thank you.

Visiters who come here looking for a debunking will read your posts and then be convinced I am correct.
Old 9th April 2009, 12:03 PM   #1264
ozeco41
Philosopher

Oh. Super-Sekrit-Nano-Therm*te can blow steel beams weighing many tons 500 feet, yet only make a little sound.......
One for the collection of oxymorons "Silent Explosive"

Given that an explosion is a special form of sound.

Sound = pressure wave, usually in air/gas.

Explosion = pressure wave in air/gas

The pressure wave of the explosion pushes gas/air to do damage.

No sound = no pressure wave = no explosion = no damage.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 12:03 PM   #1265
lapman
Graduate Poster

For those who haven't seen it, this will probably convince you:

Thermite Experiment!

Some clips of Thermite from Brainiac science abuse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrCWLpRc1yM

Not even close. No big explosion that would hurl large beams hundreds of feet away and it flowed vertically. It couldn't even break a clay pot.
Old 9th April 2009, 12:04 PM   #1266
Galileo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by leftysergeant View Post
I have not seen any video with explosions that was not obviously doctored in.

Care to show us a report of the explosives that were found? Seven years of sorting through this balderdash now, and I have not seen any.
"doctored in" eh? The explosions were planted? You are a conspiracy theorist!
Old 9th April 2009, 12:06 PM   #1267
Galileo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by alienentity View Post
In other words, Jones ALWAYS seems to find thermate/thermite, no matter what is actually presented.
Got sulphur? It's thermate. No sulphur? Thermite.
And so on. Since the composition of thermite is so nebulous, you don't even need much aluminum if at all.

All you really need to go this route is some iron oxide mixed with pretty much whatever you like, and Jones will call it 'thermite'.

It's a bit of a chemical shell game at this point.
Sorry, Jones is not the lead author of this paper. The lead author is a PhD chemist and head of the chemistry department at the University of Copenhagen.

Your smear tactics won't work on me.
Old 9th April 2009, 12:08 PM   #1268
Galileo
Illuminator

100% false.

Sure. I'm sure objective people will believe an unsupported ramble on a conspiracy website, over a peer reviewed paper written by an international team of distinguished PhD scientists.
Old 9th April 2009, 12:08 PM   #1269
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

I keep getting refewrred to a YouTube video in which some idiot claims you can hear the demolition charges in the south tower, but at the end, you also hear Michael Hezarkhani's voice and a bunch of screaming women, but in the video there are only male fire fighters withion sight of the camera.

Do you believe that that was obviously manipulated?

No?

Oh, well. Let's be friends anyway. Did i tell you I am looking for a partner in a toll bridge oepration in NYC?
Old 9th April 2009, 12:09 PM   #1270
Galileo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by ozeco41 View Post
No explosive can blow steel columns 500 feet from the positions those columns originally occupied.

The only explosives with potential to throw things those distances would be a low explosive such as ANFO. And it would need some constraining and focussing structure which simply was not there.

Even so - for those who try to claim that the global collapse needed explosives to cut floors or columns - cutting explosives are HIGH explosives not LOW explosive "lifters" so the throw would have to be separately set up and distinct from the cutting explosives.

Next question please.
you say it would take rocket motors, another FREFer says gravity.

Which is it?
Old 9th April 2009, 12:10 PM   #1271
lapman
Graduate Poster

Wow, the delusions continue with a lack of comprehension skills to boot. Doctored in as in the sound was added later. Still waiting for your proof of silent explosives that can hurl steel columns hundreds of feet.
Old 9th April 2009, 12:10 PM   #1272
Galileo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by GregoryUrich View Post
Links please.
Please link to a tape where explosions can't be heard.
Old 9th April 2009, 12:12 PM   #1273
Galileo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by leftysergeant View Post
I keep getting refewrred to a YouTube video in which some idiot claims you can hear the demolition charges in the south tower, but at the end, you also hear Michael Hezarkhani's voice and a bunch of screaming women, but in the video there are only male fire fighters withion sight of the camera.

Do you believe that that was obviously manipulated?

No?

Oh, well. Let's be friends anyway. Did i tell you I am looking for a partner in a toll bridge oepration in NYC?
who manipulated the tape?
Old 9th April 2009, 12:12 PM   #1274
mark4mark
Scholar

Are you talking about the perimeter columns that fell over?
To audience: Is he talking about the perimeter columns that fell over?

Galileo, you claim Urich's letter doesn't undermine Gage's claims but last I knew the letter remains unanswered. And why don't you point what specifically what Urich got wrong?

Mr. Urich, has Gage or anyone responded to you?
mark4mark is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 12:13 PM   #1275
lapman
Graduate Poster

Sure. I'm sure objective people will believe an unsupported ramble on a conspiracy website, over a peer reviewed paper written by an international team of distinguished PhD scientists.
Thermite is not an explosive. So you fail. As has been already shown, "peer-review" is not exacty a term that is used with a vanity journal that is not accepted by the scientific community as valid.
Old 9th April 2009, 12:15 PM   #1276
roundhead
Banned

Next question please.

So gravity alone can, and place minute chunk of humans on the roofs of other buildings??
roundhead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 12:17 PM   #1277
ozeco41
Philosopher

you say it would take rocket motors, another FREFer says gravity.

Which is it?
Whoa back there.... lets remember the rules of this game...

You say explosives dunnit so your job to say how THEN I get to comment as to whether you are right or not.

I say beams got there without explosive help.

I say only way help by something similar to explosives, ie expanding gas propelling said steel bits, is rockets.

HIGH explosives will not do it.

"Low" explosives could possibly achieve it with a focussing structure - same not available at WTC on 9/11

So if you want to discuss with me your job is show my claim wrong AND/OR show yours right.
Old 9th April 2009, 12:18 PM   #1278
Galileo
Illuminator

Thermite is not an explosive. So you fail. As has been already shown, "peer-review" is not exacty a term that is used with a vanity journal that is not accepted by the scientific community as valid.
military grade nano-thermite is explosive. You can see it blowing the WTC to kingdom come.

They even made a classic song to it:

Blown to Kingdom Come
http://video.google.com/videosearch?...en&sitesearch=
Old 9th April 2009, 12:20 PM   #1279
Galileo
Illuminator

Whoa back there.... lets remember the rules of this game...

You say explosives dunnit so your job to say how THEN I get to comment as to whether you are right or not.

I say beams got there without explosive help.

I say only way help by something similar to explosives, ie expanding gas propelling said steel bits, is rockets.

HIGH explosives will not do it.

"Low" explosives could possibly achieve it with a focussing structure - same not available at WTC on 9/11

So if you want to discuss with me your job is show my claim wrong AND/OR show yours right.
The explosives have already been found.

Now it is YOUR job to argue them out of existence.

Sorta like Galileo's opponents argued the moons of Jupiter out of the sky.
Old 9th April 2009, 12:22 PM   #1280
BigAl
Philosopher

military grade nano-thermite is explosive. You can see it blowing the WTC to kingdom come.
That video certainly doesn't show the sounds of any demolition explosions.

Nobody heard any demolition explosions at WTC.
Dept of Redundancy Dept.
BigAl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories