ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Skeptical Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2020 events , Atlanta events , dragon con , Dragon Con 2020 , skeptrack

Old 27th October 2019, 04:36 PM   #1
Wowbagger
The Infinitely Prolonged

Dragon Con 2020 with SkepTrack

This is a thread for all things Dragon Con 2020 related, especially if they apply to the SkepTrack, which is the Skeptic's content track at Dragon Con, organized by Derek and April Colanduno.

You can think of SkepTrack as a "mini-TAM" or "mini-CSICON" or "mini-NECSS" or "mini-QED" or mini-whatever-your-local-skeptical-convention-is-these-days.

It takes place Thursday, September 3rd to Monday, September 7.

If you haven't heard of Dragon Con before: It's like "Mardi Gras for Geeks". It's MORE than a mere sci-fi/fantasy convention! It is a celebration of all things nerdy and geeky, and it's got more live entertainment than any other such con (I think), and it' got 24-hour programming in case you wanted that.

Oh yes, it also has STEM-related tracks, for science, space, robotics and other DIY projects, and of course... SkepTrack for skepticism.

Anyway, for this parent post, it's too early to declare who or what is going to be there, for certain. But, I will keep you updated as I know more.

If you haven't gotten your hotel room, yet, it might not be too late; although I could be wrong about that. Hotel rooms go fast in that area. I managed to book a hotel near the center of the con, but NOT one of its host hotels, this time. It's cheaper (even with the discount), and getting into your room is probably easier.

Last time I went to Dragon Con (2018), I booked too late, and had to get a room at a hotel a few miles away.

Anyone else going?

SkeptiCamp NYC: http://www.skepticampnyc.org/
An open conference on science and skepticism, where you could be a presenter!

By the way, my first name is NOT Bowerick!!!!
Wowbagger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2019, 04:05 PM   #2
The Central Scrutinizer
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Wowbagger View Post
Anyone else going?
No

Lupus is Lupus tor central scrutineezer
The Central Scrutinizer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2019, 07:55 PM   #3
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Originally Posted by The Central Scrutinizer View Post
No
Yes, this year Wowbagger will be the only attendee at Dragon*Con. He'll have four entire hotels all to himself.

My mom told me she tries never to make fun of people for not knowing something.
- Randall Munroe
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2019, 08:50 AM   #4
Wowbagger
The Infinitely Prolonged

Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
Yes, this year Wowbagger will be the only attendee at Dragon*Con. He'll have four entire hotels all to himself.
And, this year, I get to win ALL of the costume contests!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

SkeptiCamp NYC: http://www.skepticampnyc.org/
An open conference on science and skepticism, where you could be a presenter!

By the way, my first name is NOT Bowerick!!!!
Wowbagger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Skeptical Events