ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Reply
Old Yesterday, 06:57 PM   #2521
logger
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,665
Originally Posted by beren View Post
If unbiased facts seem like an attack on your position, that says a lot about your side. Nothing good though...
You do understand what disguise means?
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM   #2522
beren
Graduate Poster
 
beren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 1,038
Originally Posted by logger View Post
You do understand what disguise means?
I understand your need to claim facts are something else in hiding, yes.
__________________
Drive-by snark artist.
Deep thinker as long as I can do it quickly with minimal effort.
Band wagon pile-oner
beren is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:12 PM   #2523
logger
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,665
Originally Posted by beren View Post
I understand your need to claim facts are something else in hiding, yes.
Thanks for proving my point.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:17 PM   #2524
beren
Graduate Poster
 
beren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 1,038
Originally Posted by logger View Post
Thanks for proving my point.
Cool story, bro.
__________________
Drive-by snark artist.
Deep thinker as long as I can do it quickly with minimal effort.
Band wagon pile-oner
beren is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 09:19 PM   #2525
Stacko
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,364
. @FLOTUS personally invited George Hannie, former White House maitre d, and Buddy Carter, current White House usher -- both of whom worked for and adored Barbara Bush -- to join her on the flight to Houston so the two could attend today's memorial.
Such a contrast with Sean Spicer's experience with Daft Taft meeting the Pope.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 09:34 PM   #2526
The Great Zaganza
Illuminator
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 3,729
Originally Posted by logger View Post
You do understand what disguise means?
So if the facts support an ulterior motive they become invalid?
__________________
"When someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!"
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 09:54 PM   #2527
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 66,198
David Kay Johnston on Donald Trump (CSPAN Book TV tonight): The reason Trump's casinos failed is because he did nothing but pull cash out as fast as he could.

Trump's net worth back in the 90s when Johnston was writing about Trump was in the negative millions.

Watch free live streaming here, excellent panel of authors on Trump and related current events
Quote:
APRIL 21, 2018
Author Discussion on the Trump Administration An author discussion on the Trump administration from the 23rd annual Los Angeles Times Festival of Books that featured Steve Almond, Bad Stories: What the Hell Just Happened to Our Country; David Cay Johnston, It’s Even Worse Than You Think; and Sarah Kendzior, The View from Flyover Country.
You can also read the transcript.
__________________
"Why do people say 'grow some balls'? Balls are weak and sensitive! If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina! Those things take a pounding!" — Betty White

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; Yesterday at 09:58 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:35 AM   #2528
Darat
Lackey
Administrator
 
Darat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: South East, UK
Posts: 80,904
Originally Posted by logger View Post
I suppose you’re just forgetting low energy Jeb attacked him. So Trump did what he does best, kicked a rinos ass!
What does "low energy" mean?
__________________
I wish I knew how to quit you
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:37 AM   #2529
Darat
Lackey
Administrator
 
Darat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: South East, UK
Posts: 80,904
Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
David Kay Johnston on Donald Trump (CSPAN Book TV tonight): The reason Trump's casinos failed is because he did nothing but pull cash out as fast as he could.

Trump's net worth back in the 90s when Johnston was writing about Trump was in the negative millions.

Watch free live streaming here, excellent panel of authors on Trump and related current eventsYou can also read the transcript.
For quite a few years Trump had to live on handouts from his creditors.
__________________
I wish I knew how to quit you
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:48 AM   #2530
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped
 
Sideroxylon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Aporia
Posts: 18,636
Originally Posted by Darat View Post
What does "low energy" mean?
Typical projection from the old fart who spends much of his days watching Fox and puttering around a golf course.
__________________
'The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool.' - Richard Feynman

Last edited by Sideroxylon; Today at 03:30 AM.
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:13 AM   #2531
TheSupermeerkat
Thinker
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 204
Originally Posted by Darat View Post
What does "low energy" mean?


Logger doesn’t know either. He’s parroting what he heard trump say. Such devotion to his dear leader.
TheSupermeerkat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 05:37 AM   #2532
surrogate
Critical Thinker
 
surrogate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Somewhere within the Orion Arm
Posts: 341
Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
Typical projection from the old fart who spends much of his days watching Fox and puttering around a golf course.
He is a corpulent ignoramus that believes exercise depletes energy from a limited lifetime supply.


.
surrogate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 05:52 AM   #2533
ShadowSot
Graduate Poster
 
ShadowSot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pensacola
Posts: 1,125
You notice that the the "rinos" keep growing, coming from long term deep red roots?
I do think there should be a distinction between the Republican party, now, and Trump followers.
__________________
I love this crazy tragic, sometimes almost magic, awful beautiful life.
- Darryl Worley
The Stupid! It burns!
ShadowSot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 06:00 AM   #2534
slyjoe
Graduate Poster
 
slyjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Near Harmonica Virgins
Posts: 1,490
Originally Posted by ShadowSot View Post
You notice that the the "rinos" keep growing, coming from long term deep red roots?
I do think there should be a distinction between the Republican party, now, and Trump followers.
Nope. They bought him they own him.
__________________
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 06:59 AM   #2535
ShadowSot
Graduate Poster
 
ShadowSot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pensacola
Posts: 1,125
Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
Nope. They bought him they own him.
I don't entirely disagree.
__________________
I love this crazy tragic, sometimes almost magic, awful beautiful life.
- Darryl Worley
The Stupid! It burns!
ShadowSot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 07:06 AM   #2536
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Next door to Florida Man, world's worst superhero.
Posts: 15,642
Originally Posted by surrogate View Post
He is a corpulent ignoramus that believes exercise depletes energy from a limited lifetime supply.


.
That may be the dumbest thing I've ever read.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 08:50 AM   #2537
Fast Eddie B
Illuminator
 
Fast Eddie B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mineral Bluff, GA
Posts: 4,990
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
That may be the dumbest thing I've ever read.
It is dumb, but not an uncommon belief - in essence, you’re born with a heart with a finite number of beats, so you don’t want to waste them!
__________________
“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that...I will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.” - President Donald J. Trump, January 20, 2017.
"And it's, frankly, disgusting the way the press is able to write whatever they want to write. And people should look into it." - President Donald J. Trump, October 11, 2017.
Fast Eddie B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 09:34 AM   #2538
Cain
Straussian
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,747
Sammy "the Bull" Gravano is quoted in The New York Post (Trump's favorite newspaper) voicing support for the President.

Quote:
“The country doesn’t need a bookworm as president, it needs a mob boss,” Gravano said.

The former hit man, who confessed to his involvement in 19 murders, said Trump has to deal with the leaders of North Korea, Iran and Russia.

“You don’t need a Harvard graduate to deal with these people. These guys are real gangsters. You need a f—king gangster to deal with these people.”
https://pagesix.com/2018/04/22/sammy...ould-be-a-mob-
boss/
__________________
April 13th, 2018:
Ranb: I can't think of anything useful you contributed to a thread in the last few years.
Cain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:38 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.