IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , diseases

Old 8th April 2021, 06:56 PM   #3481
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
vitamins galore.

but just now, he claims that he has a secret plan of the "globalists/eugenicists" to give everyone Alzheimers via the vaccine.

sounds a lot like Ms. 13
Alex Jones' entire business model exists to support his Big Supp marketing, but does he sell grape seed extract specifically?

Last edited by arthwollipot; 8th April 2021 at 06:59 PM. Reason: repositioned apostrophe
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2021, 06:57 PM   #3482
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
I don't lie and I tell myself to STOP coming here but you are all so Irresistible
and could be some things I post will make some THINK.....outside their closed boxes.

Plus I have 24/7 to waste my time or make it count.
Well, the good news is that you've convinced exactly none of us.
Old 8th April 2021, 06:58 PM   #3483
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
Ps... you can type "crap" here. Many swears you cannot, but that's a good middle ground. ,
And even if you couldn't, changing the word to avoid the autocensor is against the rules and can get you infracted.
Old 8th April 2021, 07:19 PM   #3484
gabeygoat
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
I keep suspecting the "old lady" is a 25 year-old incel living in his mom's basement. No evidence, of course. Just like pretty much everything Caroline posts.
Sure, why not? Haha
Old 8th April 2021, 07:34 PM   #3485
eerok
Quixoticist

I imagine that much of the covid disinfo is piece-work produced by pimple-faced twerps in Russia for a starvation wage. There are also the ignorant rubes who echo it, though, and unfortunately there are many of those.

In any case, anti-vaxx BS kills people. Anyone who promotes it should be ashamed.
Old 8th April 2021, 07:58 PM   #3486
Caroline13
Muse

Edited by zooterkin:  <SNIP>
Edited for rule 0 and rule 12.
more and more of this type info is surfacing daily.

https://naturalnews.com/2021-04-08-m...-disease.html#

And for the member who asked if Jones sold Grape Seed Extract, I have no clue and I didn't think he was in the supplement business. But maybe you know more on that than me and I don't care what he may sell. I listen to his work and words.

Keep it Simple

Last edited by zooterkin; Yesterday at 01:29 PM.
Caroline13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2021, 08:05 PM   #3487
eerok
Quixoticist

This is nonsense that causes suffering and death. Stop spewing ignorant disinformation.

Last edited by eerok; 8th April 2021 at 08:13 PM.
eerok is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2021, 08:18 PM   #3488
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

And for the member who asked if Jones sold Grape Seed Extract, I have no clue and I didn't think he was in the supplement business. But maybe you know more on that than me and I don't care what he may sell. I listen to his work and words.
I don't know why you bother either. You haven't the first clue of what you're talking about and in your brief tenure here, you have a well earned reputation for dishonesty.

Last edited by zooterkin; Yesterday at 01:29 PM.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2021, 08:23 PM   #3489
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Oh you sweet summer child. Alex Jones is the epitome of Big Supp.

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
A 2017 piece for German magazine Der Spiegel by Veit Medick indicated that two-thirds of Jones' funds derive from sales of a successful range of his own products. These products are marketed through the InfoWars website and through advertising spots on Jones' show. They include dietary supplements, toothpaste, bulletproof vests and "brain pills," which hold "an appeal for anyone who believes Armageddon is near", according to Medick.[89]

In August 2017, Californian medical company Labdoor, Inc reported on tests applied to six of Jones' dietary supplement products. These included a product named Survival Shield, which was found by Labdoor to contain only iodine, and a product named Oxy-Powder, which comprised a compound of magnesium oxide and citric acid—common ingredients in dietary supplements. Labdoor indicated no evidence of prohibited or harmful substances, but cast doubt on Infowars' marketing claims for these products, and asserted that the quantity of the ingredients in certain products would be "too low to be appropriately effective".[90][91][92]

On a 2017 segment of Last Week Tonight, host John Oliver stated that Jones spends "nearly a quarter" of his on-air time promoting products sold on his website, many of which are purported solutions to medical and economic problems claimed to be caused by the conspiracy theories described on his show.[93][94]

Jones continued this behavior during the COVID-19 pandemic. On March 12, 2020, Jones was issued a cease and desist from the Attorney General of New York, after he claimed, in complete absence of evidence, that products he sold, including colloidal silver toothpaste and dietary supplements, were an effective treatment for COVID-19.[95][96][97] The Food and Drug Administration also sent him a letter on April 9, 2020 warning that the federal government might proceed to seize the products he was marketing for COVID-19 or fine him if he continued to sell them.[98]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_J...sumer_products
Old 8th April 2021, 08:40 PM   #3490
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

But not, presumably, all of them, if some of them are about his money making business in supplements, right?

If you actually, honestly cared about his work and words, you'd actually pay attention to them.

I was going to go on about the numerous outright lies promulgated by the site you cite, its radical far-right anti-democratic agenda, its lionizing of experts like a nostrum-peddling Dutch veterinarian "virus expert," and whatnot, but I figure this quotation from one of the site's internal links should suffice:

"Globalists have a forked-tongue plan to exterminate humanity: Many who take the vaccine will simply die from the engineered hyperinflammatory reactions that are likely to hit hard in the Fall, while those who refuse to take the vaccine will be hunted down, rounded up and thrown in covid concentration camps for efficient extermination."

As far as the claim made here that the vaccines will eat our brains and make us into zombies, as usual one must ask when, where, how? And how long will you continue to predict that it will happen when it conspicuously does not happen? Will you ever be willing to concede that the prophecy has failed, or will you be like the alarmists who are still predicting that the institution of civil unions 20 plus years ago will collapse society instantly, or like the gun nuts who are still buying up ammunition because they heard President Obama was going to take it away?

How far into the past will your future extend?

It's time to stop this crap with the R in the right place. It's dangerous, misleading, and yes, no matter how righteous you may believe yourself to be, it's a pack of lies, and you're telling them.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)

Last edited by zooterkin; Yesterday at 01:30 PM.
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2021, 08:47 PM   #3491
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

No one knows how much damage that Mrna technology will do to humans, it will all unfold as it does. I would NOT inject that cwap in my body for millions or even thousands. Pharma need all you to continue.
mRNA technology? That's pretty broad. Certainly, like most technologies, it could potentially be misused. With that said, though, the risks associated with the mRNA vaccines, specifically, are incredibly less than the risks associated with COVID. No amount of huffing and puffing will change that. Nor will the anti-vax lies that you keep falling for change that.
Old 8th April 2021, 09:22 PM   #3492
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

I listen to his work and words.
Those seven words explain so much.

Whether or not Jones actually believes what he says is academic. Either sincere or cynical grifter, the things he says are bat **** insane. And I literally mean that someone has to be mentally ill or cognitively impaired to believe a great many of the vile, utterly preposterous claims he's made.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2021, 10:15 PM   #3493
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Caroline must have swallowed Jones's informed lies about a Johns Hopkins simulation about communicating in a pandemic scenario
https://www.centerforhealthsecurity....-communication

In its scenario, the vaccine causes brain problems in LIFESTOCK.
But Jones knows his listeners will never, EVER actually read from the source but will only believe what he tells them.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2021, 10:18 PM   #3494
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Does it not even occur to you that what he says may be influenced by what he sells? That it might even be deliberate misinformation designed to increase those sales?

You're quick to dismiss the things actual qualified scientists, most of whom have no financial stake at all, say as propaganda for "Big Pharma', but seem unable to grasp that someone like Jones is far more likely to be lying and fear mongering in order to sell more product.
Old Yesterday, 12:13 AM   #3495
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

I would like to repeat this part of the Wikipedia article.

Quote:
In a 2017 segment of Last Week Tonight, host John Oliver stated that Jones spends "nearly a quarter" of his on-air time promoting products sold on his website, many of which are purported solutions to medical and economic problems claimed to be caused by the conspiracy theories described on his show.
He sells fake remedies (that he himself invents) to fake problems (that he himself invents). His whole schtick - the ranting, the screaming, the conspiracy lunacy, everything - is a marketing strategy to sell product. Three quarters of the time he pretends that it isn't.
Old Yesterday, 04:31 AM   #3496
Carrot Flower King
Muse

I'm still shocked (shocked, I tell you!) that Caroline has not referred to Deepak Chopra!

Why? Is he not woo-y enough? Is there not enough pseudo-scientific bolleaux there? Does he not sell enough supplements for Big Supp? Does he actually know what DNA is and how to write mRNA?

What is wrong with Deepak?
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 05:30 AM   #3497
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by sackett View Post
"Get them laminated," suggested the nurse at our second jabbing, and we did, for free, at Staples. If somebody wants to see them, we'll flash them with smug smiles. If Mr. Somebody claims to be authorized to see them, he'll get the same treatment. Because we are two of the many now vaccinated who are with the program of our own free Williams.

If we encounter DeSantis, we'll thrust them against his forehead, crying "It is the power of CHRISTIANism that commands ye!"

He'll blister and begin to smoke, I just know he will.
Especially if the card was treated with sulphuric acid....
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 05:32 AM   #3498
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Horhang View Post
I was advised the opposite. Don’t laminate because should boosters become necessary you can’t update the card. Mine has 4 spaces after second dose marked “other.”
There is also the unfortunate possibility that new variants may require a new vaccine.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 05:32 AM   #3499
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Google has me within 10 feet already based on my phone.
Hmmm, I'll tell them to work on that. The standard space laser requires 2cm accuracy for best results.
Old Yesterday, 06:07 AM   #3500
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Administrator

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
There is also the unfortunate possibility that new variants may require a new vaccine.
Quite possible, but producing them should be fairly quick and easy (I heard the figure of about 4 weeks from identifying a new variant to producing a vaccine for it, though actual roll out would take longer, plus time to identify which variants should be chosen).
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 06:51 AM   #3501
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
Hmmm, I'll tell them to work on that. The standard space laser requires 2cm accuracy for best results.
What's your tolerance for collateral damage this time?
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:09 AM   #3502
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
What's your tolerance for collateral damage this time?
Well with a narrow beam you'd need hundreds of shots to make sure; that's just messy and inefficient. Step up the power, for area effect shrapnel, and you'll get ionisation trails.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories