ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Clinton controversies , hillary clinton

Old 29th May 2018, 04:51 PM   #281
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by surrogate View Post
I'm starting to think that some of our esteemed posters have never been outside in public. I see old women wearing winter coats when it is 80+ degrees on a regular basis, occasionally old men too.
Originally Posted by TheGoldcountry View Post
My mother regularly wears two sweaters in temps when I am wearing a t-shirt. Older people get cold, news at 11.

The derangement here is hitting record highs.
This is what I’ve been waiting for, love it!

Beside the fact that wearing a winter coat is not normal, even for older people in the summer. It’s hilarious that you two can’t CLEARLY see she’s doing it to hide something. I’m sure you’ll label mine derangement, I would label yours complete and utter DENIAL.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2018, 04:59 PM   #282
Border Reiver
Philosopher

Originally Posted by logger View Post
This is what Iíve been waiting for, love it!

Beside the fact that wearing a winter coat is not normal, even for older people in the summer. Itís hilarious that you two canít CLEARLY see sheís doing it to hide something. Iím sure youíll label mine derangement, I would label yours complete and utter DENIAL.
Logger, you're right she's hiding something.

Probably the .45 she's been practicing with for years while offing her many enemies. 🙄
Old 29th May 2018, 05:12 PM   #283
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher

This is what I’ve been waiting for, love it!

Beside the fact that wearing a winter coat is not normal, even for older people in the summer. It’s hilarious that you two can’t CLEARLY see she’s doing it to hide something. I’m sure you’ll label mine derangement, I would label yours complete and utter DENIAL.
The point is, logger, must people don't go 24/7 studying pics of people just to say "SHE'S HIDING SOMETHING! SHE'S WEARING A <gasp> COAT!"

Not to mention that wearing a winter coat isn't abnormal, unless you think I'm lying about my mother, which you probably do.

Last edited by TheGoldcountry; 29th May 2018 at 05:14 PM.
TheGoldcountry is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2018, 05:18 PM   #284
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher

Beside the fact that wearing a winter coat is not normal, even for older people in the summer. Itís hilarious that you two canít CLEARLY see sheís doing it to hide something. Iím sure youíll label mine derangement, I would label yours complete and utter DENIAL.
Denial? I don't give two *****. Even if she IS wearing a coat to hide something physical, WHO THE **** CARES?

A broken clock and you sometimes out of sheer coincidence happen to be right, but I don't attach any significance to either.
Old 29th May 2018, 06:13 PM   #285
NoahFence
Banned

when was this photo that upsets you so much taken?
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2018, 06:44 PM   #286
logger
Banned

The point is, logger, must people don't go 24/7 studying pics of people just to say "SHE'S HIDING SOMETHING! SHE'S WEARING A <gasp> COAT!"
No one is being that dramatic about it, it’s just abnormal which makes it interesting.
Quote:
Not to mention that wearing a winter coat isn't abnormal, unless you think I'm lying about my mother, which you probably do.
Hildabeast isn’t wearing it because she’s cold!

Last edited by logger; 29th May 2018 at 06:46 PM.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2018, 06:45 PM   #287
logger
Banned

Denial? I don't give two *****. Even if she IS wearing a coat to hide something physical, WHO THE **** CARES?
Obviously I do, well I donít really care, I just think itís hilarious that sheís doing it to hide something.
Quote:
A broken clock and you sometimes out of sheer coincidence happen to be right, but I don't attach any significance to either.
A personal attack, so surprising.
Old 29th May 2018, 07:06 PM   #288
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Come to think of it, my grandma wore coats when it was warm. Of course her BMI was about 5.

Hilly has to be at least obese level 28 bmi, so probably not cold...
Old 29th May 2018, 10:46 PM   #289
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Except it's not a winter coat, it's a lightweight mackintosh-style waterproof coat - ideal for a late spring day when showers are forecast
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2018, 10:48 PM   #290
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Come to think of it, my grandma wore coats when it was warm. Of course her BMI was about 5.

Hilly has to be at least obese level 28 bmi, so probably not cold...
Obese BMI is 30.....

Try to at least get the basic facts right:

https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/adult/defining.html

If you can't remember any other way, it's why President Trump's weight had to be that barely believable 239 lbs, to squeak him in under the obesity line.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2018, 12:57 AM   #291
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

One can only hope that Conservatives keep this up for the next two and half years in their delusional belief that she's going to run again. It'll mean that the actual Democrat candidates will be a mystery to them.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2018, 02:30 AM   #292
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
Obese BMI is 30.....

If you can't remember any other way, it's why President Trump's weight had to be that barely believable 239 lbs, to squeak him in under the obesity line.
Moreover, BMI has little to do with peopleís skin and extremities feeling cold. Itís their circulation that makes the difference.

...and now Iíve been drawn into this really stupid conversation.
Old 30th May 2018, 04:22 AM   #293
logger
Banned

Except it's not a winter coat, it's a lightweight mackintosh-style waterproof coat - ideal for a late spring day when showers are forecast
While hiding something.

Why is that so hard for you to admit?
Old 30th May 2018, 04:26 AM   #294
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
One can only hope that Conservatives keep this up for the next two and half years in their delusional belief that she's going to run again. It'll mean that the actual Democrat candidates will be a mystery to them.
Your potential candidates are all well known and very old. Probably need coats too.
Old 30th May 2018, 04:29 AM   #295
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

While hiding something.

Because it's not that clear that anything was being hidden. The source was partial (and well known for making stuff up) and the shape of the coat is about what you'd expect if it has a rear vent and is a half size too small.
Old 30th May 2018, 04:29 AM   #296
Parsman
Muse

While hiding something.

For a moment, lets allow that she may be hiding something - what I have no idea but it seems to be a bee in your bonnet so lets be generous. My question then is "so what?". Hilary Clinton is not President. She is not in Cabinet. She is not in the House of Representatives. She holds no official position in an American political party. She isn't a judge, a local sheriff or even a local dog catcher. The chances of her being the Democratic Presidential candidate in 2020 is as close to zero as you are likely to get in politics. Given all of that, even allowing she is "hiding something" I say again, so what? The right's Hillary fixation seems ludicrous in the extreme, and I speak as someone who regarded her as a bad candidate for the Dems in 2016 - check my posting history if you want proof of that.

When you're dead you don't know that you're dead, all the pain is felt by others....................the same thing happens when you're stupid.
Parsman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2018, 04:33 AM   #297
NoahFence
Banned

fact free character assassination is all these people on the right have.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2018, 05:01 AM   #298
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher

A personal attack, so surprising.
True. I apologize for stooping to your level.
Old 30th May 2018, 05:59 AM   #299
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

While hiding something.
What? What exactly do you suspect her of hiding?
Old 30th May 2018, 06:13 AM   #300
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher

Because she looks like a moron trying to hide this.

Remember that video where they threw her into the van after all her braces came apart as the bolts fell to the ground? So Iím wondering if itís some kind of new brace without bolts.
Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
Her brace for ? ... because ... reasons.
Old 30th May 2018, 06:26 AM   #301
surrogate
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
A back mounted mobile email server?
surrogate is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2018, 06:44 AM   #302
NoahFence
Banned

While hiding something.

Well, we can be sure whatever she's hiding under that coat is a matter of grave national security. Probably more so than say, a sitting President handing Russians classified information, or using a totally non-secure phone in the white house but hey... who would do THAT?
Old 30th May 2018, 07:24 AM   #303
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Obese BMI is 30.....

Cheerfully conceded! Hillary has a plus 30 bmi

Well argued!
Old 30th May 2018, 07:39 AM   #304
NoahFence
Banned

your sourcing needs work. where'd you get that information?
Old 30th May 2018, 07:40 AM   #305
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Beside the fact that wearing a winter coat is not normal, even for older people in the summer.
And more than that, its not even summer, as the fans of a racist president have claimed. Its spring. SPRING. With a overcast skies and a temperature which at its MAXIMUM might be around room temperature.

So, Hillary is wearing a non-winter jacket worn at a time when it wasn't summer. Posted by a user here who supports a racist (neo-nazis are fine people) president, referring to an article on a site that has a history of using racists as valid sources.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2018, 07:43 AM   #306
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
fact free character assassination is all these people on the right have.
The worst part isn't just that they are "fact free"... the worst part is that they actively go and ignore actual facts when they make their posts.

"Look! Hillary is wearing a winter jacket in the summer! Its suspicious!"
"Uh, no... its not a winter jacket, and it wasn't summer... the temperature was mid-range, and she wasn't the only one wearing a jacket."
"I'm going to ignore all that and keep claiming it was a winter jacket in the summer".

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2018, 08:39 AM   #307
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
And more than that, its not even summer, as the fans of a racist president have claimed. Its spring. SPRING. With a overcast skies and a temperature which at its MAXIMUM might be around room temperature.

So, Hillary is wearing a non-winter jacket worn at a time when it wasn't summer. Posted by a user here who supports a racist (neo-nazis are fine people) president, referring to an article on a site that has a history of using racists as valid sources.
Your side labels everything on the right racist. Itís clear you donít know what the word means.

Itís not about the jacket, itís hilarious because sheís using the jacket to hide something and she isnít doing a very good job.
Old 30th May 2018, 08:40 AM   #308
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

The irony is that I have to come here to this thread to find out what Hilary is up to. I can barely find any news of her anywhere else.

Strange, isn't it?
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2018, 08:41 AM   #309
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

While hiding something.

Being wrong as often as the day is long.

Why is that so hard for you to see?
Old 30th May 2018, 08:42 AM   #310
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
The irony is that I have to come here to this thread to find out what Hilary is up to. I can barely find any news of her anywhere else.

Strange, isn't it?
No, itís predictable.
Old 30th May 2018, 08:49 AM   #311
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Giordano View Post

Strange, isn't it?
Well apparently she attended a Memorial Day event and appalled everyone there by wearing a light coat on an overcast late spring day on which showers were forecast. Furthermore she compounded this affront by behaving in an otherwise unobjectionable way on the day.
Old 30th May 2018, 08:53 AM   #312
logger
Banned

Well apparently she attended a Memorial Day event and appalled everyone there by wearing a light coat on an overcast late spring day on which showers were forecast. Furthermore she compounded this affront by behaving in an otherwise unobjectionable way on the day.
No one was appalled, those were belly laughs you were seeing.
Old 30th May 2018, 08:55 AM   #313
NoahFence
Banned

Your side labels everything on the right racist. Itís clear you donít know what the word means.

Itís not about the jacket, itís hilarious because sheís using the jacket to hide something and she isnít doing a very good job.
Wrong. Racist things get labeled racist, things that are not racist do not get labeled racist.

You still haven't told the class why anyone other than drooling morons should think there's any reason to CARE what she's hiding.
Old 30th May 2018, 08:57 AM   #314
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

You still really haven't shown that. You have some video which to me looks exactly the way a trench coat would behave if it's got a rear shoulder vent (as in the link below), it's done up at the waist and it's a little snug.

https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

As I've said upthread, if Hillary deserves criticism then it's for wearing a coat that looks about half a size too small for her and for choosing a style which IMO the thin and/or lissom - those flaps and vents are IMO unflattering unless the wearer is tall and thin. Then again I'm a 50-year-old sitting here in T-shirt and cargo shorts so I have no right to criticise what other people wear.
Old 30th May 2018, 09:01 AM   #315
logger
Banned

You still really haven't shown that. You have some video which to me looks exactly the way a trench coat would behave if it's got a rear shoulder vent (as in the link below), it's done up at the waist and it's a little snug.
Donít forget the scarf

Quote:
As I've said upthread, if Hillary deserves criticism then it's for wearing a coat that looks about half a size too small for her and for choosing a style which IMO the thin and/or lissom - those flaps and vents are IMO unflattering unless the wearer is tall and thin. Then again I'm a 50-year-old sitting here in T-shirt and cargo shorts so I have no right to criticise what other people wear.
Again, itís not about what sheís wearing, itís about what sheís clearly hiding and doing it hilariously bad!
Old 30th May 2018, 09:04 AM   #316
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Donít forget the scarf

Again, itís not about what sheís wearing, itís about what sheís clearly hiding and doing it hilariously bad!
Various long Jackets, buttoned to the top, with scarfs around the neck.

She clearly has a back brace.

The outraged replies range from: It is not summer yet! to "RACISMS!!!

Oh mercy
Old 30th May 2018, 09:05 AM   #317
NoahFence
Banned

Oh mercy
Wrong.
Old 30th May 2018, 09:23 AM   #318
logger
Banned

Oh mercy
Itís truly a lot of fun to watch.
Old 30th May 2018, 09:27 AM   #319
NoahFence
Banned

Yes, fact-free musings from whatever alternate reality the right lives in must be fun. Like a sitcom in their minds.
Old 30th May 2018, 10:04 AM   #320
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Donít forget the scarf
Yes a patriotically coloured silk scarf of a type much beloved of ladies of a certain age because it hides neck wrinkles.

So you claim, but I don't see evidence of it in the Memorial Day pictures or video. Instead I see a lady wearing an IMO ill-judged garment about half a size too small.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics