ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Clinton controversies , hillary clinton

Old 30th May 2018, 10:58 AM   #321
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by logger View Post
Donít forget the scarf
[B. Fawlty]

Donít mention the scarf!

[/BF]
Old 30th May 2018, 11:29 AM   #322
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
Yes a patriotically coloured silk scarf of a type much beloved of ladies of a certain age because it hides neck wrinkles.
Damn The Don, thatís good!

Quote:
So you claim, but I don't see evidence of it in the Memorial Day pictures or video. Instead I see a lady wearing an IMO ill-judged garment about half a size too small.
Well, I canít help you see it any more than what is shown. But she has had pictures like this taken before, she clearly needs something to stiffen her spine.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2018, 11:46 AM   #323
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher

This thread is truly getting weird.

I keep hearing "She's hiding something!!" I still can't fathom why I should care if she is. Then this is called "denial."

Round and round goes logger's logic carousel.
Old 30th May 2018, 12:00 PM   #324
NoahFence
Banned

They've got nothing to root for so the only thing left is to root against something.

Year after year after miserable year even long past the point where the people they attack are relevant.

Is Hillary Done yet??!?! I dunno, lets talk about her *********** jacket.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2018, 12:20 PM   #325
Armitage72
Master Poster

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
They've got nothing to root for so the only thing left is to root against something.

Year after year after miserable year even long past the point where the people they attack are relevant.

Is Hillary Done yet??!?! I dunno, lets talk about her *********** jacket.

A lot of Republicans seemed to spend four years convinced that if President Obama were shown to have not been legitimately elected, the election results would be magically reversed and McCain would become President. Maybe they still hold that belief, so their delusion is compelling them to attack her as the potential President after Trump.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2018, 12:31 PM   #326
NoahFence
Banned

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
A lot of Republicans seemed to spend four years convinced that if President Obama were shown to have not been legitimately elected, the election results would be magically reversed and McCain would become President. Maybe they still hold that belief, so their delusion is compelling them to attack her as the potential President after Trump.
It would certainly explain a lot.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2018, 03:22 PM   #327
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by TheGoldcountry View Post
This thread is truly getting weird.

I keep hearing "She's hiding something!!" I still can't fathom why I should care if she is. Then this is called "denial."

Round and round goes logger's logic carousel.
Is this you admitting sheís hiding something?
Itís fine if you donít care, no one asked you to care. I just think itís funny hildabeast thinks she needs to hide it, itís so normal!
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2018, 04:14 PM   #328
Cabbage
Muse

Is this you admitting sheís hiding something?
If that was your take from TheGoldcountry's quote then, no, this is you exposing your poor reading comprehension. LOL
Cabbage is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2018, 04:39 PM   #329
mgidm86
Illuminator

Itís truly a lot of fun to watch.
I don't think it's fun. It's f'n pathetic, all of it.

I went fishing with a friend today and took a break from all of this crap, in fact I've been doing that 3 - 4 times a week. That is fun. This is tiresome and, for me, it has become pointless.

No matter how much we overanalyze and worry about Trump and Hillary and all the idiots in between, they will just keep on grinding along. "What, me worry?"

I came to this forum and re-discovered critical thinking. I'm not perfect at it and I never will be. I don't need to practice here anymore. That's all this is for me really.

I see my biases, not all I'm sure, I see the bullcrap out there and recognize a lot of it. Great. But I'm not nearly as happy as the people in my life who have never even heard of critical thinking. Ignorance is truly bliss.

We argue in circles with each other as if one "side" is actually worth defending. Can you believe that critical thinkers actually defend these mega-asswipes? This country is polarized over left and right and they both suck!

Fun? This isn't fun at all.
Old 30th May 2018, 04:54 PM   #330
NoahFence
Banned

Critical thinking itself is worth defending. Especially from the destructive willful ignorance on display at the white house and from those whose only concern is tweaking the "opposition"

I really wish these ******** like trump would grow a pair and just admit that the death of America is what they want.

Last edited by NoahFence; 30th May 2018 at 05:00 PM. Reason: geeze Howe many typos can one post fit?
Old 30th May 2018, 05:08 PM   #331
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Critical thinking itself is worth defending. Especially from the destructive willful ignorance on display at the white house and from those whose only concern is tweaking the "opposition"

I really wish these ******** like trump would grow a pair and just admit that the death of America is what they want.
"Critical thinking."
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2018, 05:14 PM   #332
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by Cabbage View Post
If that was your take from TheGoldcountry's quote then, no, this is you exposing your poor reading comprehension. LOL
Did you miss the ? Yeah you did.
Old 30th May 2018, 05:15 PM   #333
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
I don't think it's fun. It's f'n pathetic, all of it.

I went fishing with a friend today and took a break from all of this crap, in fact I've been doing that 3 - 4 times a week. That is fun. This is tiresome and, for me, it has become pointless.

No matter how much we overanalyze and worry about Trump and Hillary and all the idiots in between, they will just keep on grinding along. "What, me worry?"

I came to this forum and re-discovered critical thinking. I'm not perfect at it and I never will be. I don't need to practice here anymore. That's all this is for me really.

I see my biases, not all I'm sure, I see the bullcrap out there and recognize a lot of it. Great. But I'm not nearly as happy as the people in my life who have never even heard of critical thinking. Ignorance is truly bliss.

We argue in circles with each other as if one "side" is actually worth defending. Can you believe that critical thinkers actually defend these mega-asswipes? This country is polarized over left and right and they both suck!

Fun? This isn't fun at all.
Iím sorry youíre not having fun. Fishing sounds great!
Old 30th May 2018, 05:25 PM   #334
NoahFence
Banned

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
"Critical thinking."
That's what I wrote. very good!
Old 30th May 2018, 05:27 PM   #335
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

"Critical thinking."
That's a fair response.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2018, 05:29 PM   #336
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

That's what I wrote. very good!
The joke is that you wrote it unironically, and then promptly gave it the lie.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2018, 05:31 PM   #337
NoahFence
Banned

The joke is that you wrote it unironically, and then promptly gave it the lie.
feel free to tell the class what was incorrect. Do it in another thread though.
Old 30th May 2018, 05:40 PM   #338
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Good luck with that.

"critical thinking."
Old 30th May 2018, 06:31 PM   #339
Cabbage
Muse

Did you miss the ? Yeah you did.
Actually, I didn't. The fact that you felt any need at all to ask that question, even rhetorically, implies you didn't comprehend what was actually being said.

I did, however, notice that you missed how I introduced my question with "If that was your take from TheGoldcountry's quote then...."

LOL
Cabbage is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2018, 07:09 PM   #340
surrogate
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Various long Jackets, buttoned to the top, with scarfs around the neck.

She clearly has a back brace.

The outraged replies range from: It is not summer yet! to "RACISMS!!!

Oh mercy
Lets say she is wearing a back brace, who gives a crap except pathetic internet blowhards? If she wore it in full view, the same dimwits would wail and moan that she was faking it to get sympathy.
surrogate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2018, 07:19 PM   #341
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by surrogate View Post
Lets say she is wearing a back brace, who gives a crap except pathetic internet blowhards? If she wore it in full view, the same dimwits would wail and moan that she was faking it to get sympathy.
Good question, one points it out and quicker than one can say Bobís your uncle, the type of people you mentioned are calling people racism fans.

Odd that, no?
Old 30th May 2018, 07:34 PM   #342
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Good question, one points it out and quicker than one can say Bob’s your uncle, the type of people you mentioned are calling people racism fans.

Odd that, no?
It's funny. Everyone else sees that the racism fan comment has nothing to do with coats.

In that poster's mind they had labeled Trump supporters as fans of racism, so when Trump supporters showed up that is how the poster referred to them. Not because of their outerwear curiosity, but to identify who has the most oddly placed outerwear curiosity.

That racism fans are also oddly curious about outerwear is the observation, not that people who are oddly curious of outerwear are racism fans.

I hope that helps you properly direct your outrage.

Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2018, 07:46 PM   #343
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
It's funny. Everyone else sees that the racism fan comment has nothing to do with coats.

In that poster's mind they had labeled Trump supporters as fans of racism, so when Trump supporters showed up that is how the poster referred to them. Not because of their outerwear curiosity, but to identify who has the most oddly placed outerwear curiosity.

That racism fans are also oddly curious about outerwear is the observation, not that people who are oddly curious of outerwear are racism fans.

I hope that helps you properly direct your outrage.
Well that seems unlikely, you see, this thread is called Hillary Clinton is Done. Furthermore, the discussion was about her curious outerwear choices.

Racism fans. Oh dear, how unfortunate.
Old 30th May 2018, 07:52 PM   #344
surrogate
Critical Thinker

Such a clever little pooch, but the people I mentioned previously are the ones who care about what an old woman may or may not be wearing under her jacket. Maybe it's a back brace, or a kevlar vest, or a remote operated robotic exoskeleton.
surrogate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2018, 07:55 PM   #345
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Such a clever little pooch, but the people I mentioned previously are the ones who care about what an old woman may or may not be wearing under her jacket. Maybe it's a back brace, or a kevlar vest, or a remote operated robotic exoskeleton.
Indeed, as I pointed out, mentioning that she is hiding a brace has cause apoplexy around here, with howls of racism echoing through the thread.

Quite remarkable really. Well argued.
Old 30th May 2018, 08:05 PM   #346
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Well that seems unlikely, you see, this thread is called Hillary Clinton is Done.
Yeah, but not everyone here knows that you aren't a Trump fan. Some people weren't here when you were a Bernie Bro, so they look at your current posts and assume you are a Trump fan. Newbs, what are you gonna do.

Anyway, they read other threads and see Trump fans excusing racist behavior by Trump and those around him and assume Trump fans must be racism fans, too. Seems fair enough. Fairer than calling pro-choice people recreational abortion enthusiasts, if there is to be a scale.

Labels stick. Ask logger, he loves labels. (Hint: Everyone else is liberal or extreme left. Probably even you, sorry. He was here for the Bernie Bro days.)

He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2018, 08:16 PM   #347
logger
Banned

No one cares if sheís wearing a brace, what is hilarious is her trying to hide it.
Old 30th May 2018, 08:19 PM   #348
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Yeah, but not everyone here knows that you aren't a Trump fan. Some people weren't here when you were a Bernie Bro, so they look at your current posts and assume you are a Trump fan. Newbs, what are you gonna do.

Anyway, they read other threads and see Trump fans excusing racist behavior by Trump and those around him and assume Trump fans must be racism fans, too. Seems fair enough. Fairer than calling pro-choice people recreational abortion enthusiasts, if there is to be a scale.

Labels stick. Ask logger, he loves labels. (Hint: Everyone else is liberal or extreme left. Probably even you, sorry. He was here for the Bernie Bro days.)
It would appear that you are explaining that the slurs indeed had nothing at all to do with this thread. Quite remarkable indeed.

Not a surprise because the arguments (and I truly hesitate to use that word) of one side are growing steadily worse as TDS gets a deeper grip....

Sad.
Old 30th May 2018, 08:25 PM   #349
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

The one pic (in royal blue suit) where there appears to be something under the back of her coat looks a whole lot more like a bulletproof vest than a back brace. There are "back braces" that are actually posture correctors that would fit like that but actual back braces? Don't they usually reach over the shoulders.

Again... why would she hide a back brace? Hiding a bulletproof vest is kinda sensible. It gets the bad guys with a gun to take their traditional shot at center mass. If they know she's wearing one, they go for the headshot.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.

Last edited by Foolmewunz; 30th May 2018 at 08:34 PM.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2018, 08:27 PM   #350
logger
Banned

Actually, I didn't. The fact that you felt any need at all to ask that question, even rhetorically, implies you didn't comprehend what was actually being said.
Ahh yes, the question mark! Lol
Quote:
I did, however, notice that you missed how I introduced my question with "If that was your take from TheGoldcountry's quote then...."

LOL
So you didnít comprehend my question? Hilarious!
Old 30th May 2018, 08:29 PM   #351
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

It would appear that you are explaining that the slurs indeed had nothing at all to do with this thread. Quite remarkable indeed.
Labels get attached and are used and reused. That the label appears in a thread is only a function of those the label applies to appearing in the thread.

Quite banal indeed.

Old 30th May 2018, 08:31 PM   #352
surrogate
Critical Thinker

No one cares if sheís wearing a brace, what is hilarious is her trying to hide it.
Quite the odd sense of humor you have. Most back braces I've seen are worn under one's clothes, so your claim she is trying to hide it is just speculation on your part.
Old 30th May 2018, 08:36 PM   #353
logger
Banned

Quite the odd sense of humor you have.
If you understood the Clintons you wouldnít think it so odd.

Quote:
Most back braces I've seen are worn under one's clothes, so your claim she is trying to hide it is just speculation on your part.
Well...weíre all speculating.
Old 30th May 2018, 08:49 PM   #354
Dabop
Muse

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post

Again... why would she hide a back brace? Hiding a bulletproof vest is kinda sensible. It gets the bad guys with a gun to take their traditional shot at center mass. If they know she's wearing one, they go for the headshot.
Wouldn't be the first time a President did it tho

Quote:
Roosevelt convinced many people that he was improving, which he believed to be essential prior to running for public office again.[100] He laboriously taught himself to walk short distances while wearing iron braces on his hips and legs by swiveling his torso, supporting himself with a cane.[101] Roosevelt was careful never to be seen using his wheelchair in public, and great care was taken to prevent any portrayal in the press that would highlight his disability.[102] However, his disability was well known before and during his presidency and became a major part of his image. He usually appeared in public standing upright, supported on one side by an aide or one of his sons.[103]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_D._Roosevelt

But then I don't see the issue of a backbrace being of importance anyway- she was running for the office of the President, not the US Olympic longjump team...

And more importantly she actually seems quite intelligent, which would have been an improvement over what you have at the moment (altho to be frank, practically anything would be an improvement...)

I sometimes wonder if the people of the USA actually know how disturbed others viewing Trump's antics really are, and just how far down he has dragged the US's reputation?

Hillary would have been a vast improvement over what you got

'When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.' George Carlin
Dabop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2018, 08:53 PM   #355
surrogate
Critical Thinker

If you understood the Clintons you wouldnít think it so odd.

Well...weíre all speculating.
I see, it is only funny because a Clinton did it. Would it be just as hilarious if an Obama did the same thing?
Old 30th May 2018, 09:55 PM   #356
Cabbage
Muse

Ahh yes, the question mark! Lol

So you didnít comprehend my question? Hilarious!
Yes, we addressed the question and question mark previously. Not really sure why you're still trying to babble and obfuscate about it. Hilarious indeed! LOL
Old 31st May 2018, 06:21 AM   #357
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

LOL
I'm sure that you find your own words hilarious, but must you end every post with LOL?
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2018, 06:27 AM   #358
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
I'm sure that you find your own words hilarious, but must you end every post with LOL?
Maybe that's just his initials? Lloyd O. Liechtenstein?
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2018, 07:47 AM   #359
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Labels get attached and are used and reused. That the label appears in a thread is only a function of those the label applies to appearing in the thread.

Quite banal indeed.
Yes, I suppose off topic and false attacks suggesting that one's opponents are racist are indeed quite banal, I was referring to the admissions that was what was occurring as being remarkable.

Indeed refreshing!
Old 31st May 2018, 07:52 AM   #360
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

No one cares if she’s wearing a brace, what is hilarious is her trying to hide it.
She's a vain old woman trying to hide a back brace, big deal. What's really fascinating to me is the con's reaction to such a bunch of nothing. I gotta ask, logger- if you see a vain old woman at, say, your church, wearing a wig or something, do you break out into a hearty "hilarious, haw haw haw!" like some cartoony Jack Chick villain (usually atheists, sometimes *gasp* Catholics)? I only ask because I wonder if you're one of those Christians for whom the talk is more important than the walk, lifting the eyes so the folks in the next pew will see how holier than they thou art; where mouthing the platitudes (like charity toward the vanquished) takes precedence over their practice, and the label is handy to use when you want to elect a President who embodies none of its vaunted virtues but shares an antagonistic world-view in politics, or it's needed to justify discrimination against, say, gay people (usually moaning about how not allowing that is discrimination against them).

I mean, I personally think most Christians are decent people, if only because I (perhaps naively) think most people are decent people, and I don't think it's necessary to be either one to be either other. So, you know...not accusing you of anything, just asking questions, right? Like the good folks at the Gateway Pundit...

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King

Last edited by turingtest; 31st May 2018 at 09:10 AM. Reason: grammar
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics