ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Brett Kavanaugh , Christine Blasey Ford , Congressional hearings , Supreme Court nominees , Trump controversies

Reply
Old 29th September 2018, 03:12 PM   #201
Bob001
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,067
Originally Posted by BeanieBaby View Post
POTUS says FBI has free rain to investigate everything. His word is law
What's he saying away from the cameras?
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 03:13 PM   #202
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 10,253
Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
What's he saying away from the cameras?
That he desperately wants Blackout Brett as his hatchet man on the court.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 03:22 PM   #203
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 10,253
Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
Yup. This is the left's "Pizzagate."

Digging through high school yearbooks and college records looking for secret code words for sexual assault, rape etc.
Really cause the Pizzagate crowd is busy trying to prove that Dr. Ford is actually Amy Schumer wearing glasses.

I gonna stick with them still being the conspiracy kooks on this one.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 03:26 PM   #204
Beeyon
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 272
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Where did you read that? I hadn't heard that.
I heard it on Slow Burn and it appears to be supported by Richardson's testimony at Bork's confirmation hearings:

Quote:
The refusal by Mr. Bork to carry out the President's order,or any delay on his part in doing so, would not have thwarted thePresident's determination. This was Mr. Bork's understanding. Itwas also Mr. Ruckelshaus' and my understanding when Mr. Borkelected to carry out the President's order.

...

As Acting Attorney General, Robert Bork was prepared to carryout the President's order, but he was concerned that doing sowould expose him to so much criticisms that his usefulness wouldbe impaired. Bill Ruckelshaus and I told him that we did not viewthis as a sufficient reason for precipitating what could well becomea chain reaction. The Department would be facing tremendouspressure and would need strong leadership. It was also essential tomaintain the continuity of the Watergate investigation. Mr. Borkyielded to these arguments and agreed to stay on.
(Missing spaces are from the transcript).

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c46773...night-massacre
Beeyon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 03:34 PM   #205
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 70,389
Originally Posted by River View Post
Right, so he lied most likely about those things. That is why I would not vote to confirm. There is absolutely zero corroborating evidence of Fords claims. Including the witnesses she named as being there. Do you dispute that?
There is a difference between Ford's story might not hold up in court and it's a baseless allegation, which is what you called it.

You may or may not be supporting Kavanaugh, but you most certainly are dissing Ford and claiming all sorts of conspiratorial motives by the Democrats when Ford initiated the entire issue.

Ford first contacted her local Representative asking what she should do. That prompted the letter to Feinstein.
Quote:
On July 6 I notified my local government representative to ask them how to proceed with sharing this information . It is upsetting to discuss sexual assault and its repercussions, yet I felt guilty and compelled as a citizen about the idea of not saying anything.
She asked Feinstein not to reveal anything until she'd talked to Ford.

Feinstein should have acted sooner contacting Ford, that was a bad decision, but given you are so reluctant to believe Ford without more evidence, why are you so quick to claim this big Democratic CT without any evidence at all?
__________________
Restore checks and balances no matter your party affiliation.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 03:39 PM   #206
Minoosh
Philosopher
 
Minoosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,228
Per NYT:

Quote:
“I don’t know what ‘Renate Alumnus’ actually means. I can’t begin to comprehend what goes through the minds of 17-year-old boys who write such things, but the insinuation is horrible, hurtful and simply untrue. I pray their daughters are never treated this way. I will have no further comment.”
There was a verse that said something like "if you don't have a date, call Renate" which doesn't even rhyme, as far as I can tell.

The football team was listed as "Renate alumni."

The problem is, I don't think anyone could come up with an innocuous meaning for all that. Of course it could all just be a bad joke along the lines of the girl who ****** the whole football team.

Kavanaugh says he kissed her goodnight ... she says they never kissed.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 03:41 PM   #207
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 10,253
Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
White House limits FBI investigation:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...-brett-n915061

Seems like Kav and his supporters would want the FBI to talk to everybody, in the full expectation that lies would be exposed. If they are lies.
This is exactly right: the White House has to carefully control scope bc Kavanaugh LIED SO MUCH on Thursday that if FBI pursues obvious leads, Kav will get referred for lying his ass off.

I never get over Kav's sheer audacity.

What he is attempting to do here (lie under oath to avoid admitting sexual improprieties) is PRECISELY what Kav deemed an impeachable offense when Clinton tried it.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 03:44 PM   #208
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 70,389
Originally Posted by River View Post
... There is absolutely zero corroborating evidence of Fords claims. Including the witnesses she named as being there. Do you dispute that?
None of those witnesses would be expected to remember the night except Judge.

Judge has every reason to deny the event, it incriminates him as well, he's Kavanaugh's friend, and he wasn't under oath or risking much to lie.

As for the zero corroborating evidence, you are dismissing the fact she's talked about the incident with a therapist and her husband going back years. Why would she have singled him out as the perp that long ago?

She clearly knew Judge was Kavanaigh's buddy. How did she know that?
__________________
Restore checks and balances no matter your party affiliation.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 03:47 PM   #209
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 10,253
Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
None of those witnesses would be expected to remember the night except Judge.

Judge has every reason to deny the event, it incriminates him as well, he's Kavanaugh's friend, and he wasn't under oath or risking much to lie.

As for the zero corroborating evidence, you are dismissing the fact she's talked about the incident with a therapist and her husband going back years. Why would she have singled him out as the perp that long ago?

She clearly knew Judge was Kavanaigh's buddy. How did she know that?
IIRC, She didn't refer to him by name until he was rumored to be on the short list for a SCOTUS nomination. She referred to him as a prominent DC judge before then.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 03:52 PM   #210
Minoosh
Philosopher
 
Minoosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,228
Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
White House limits FBI investigation:
Trump trying to obstruct justice again

Or would that be, "obstruct Justice"?
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 03:54 PM   #211
kellyb
Philosopher
 
kellyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 9,540
Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
This story has all the hallmarks of Russian Trollskies. Maybe wait for the dust to settle?
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Zero_Hedge

http://fortune.com/2016/04/29/zero-hedge-unmasked/
__________________
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts ~ Bertrand Russell
I am proud to say that Henry Kissinger is not my friend.
kellyb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 03:57 PM   #212
Minoosh
Philosopher
 
Minoosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,228
Originally Posted by BeanieBaby View Post
POTUS says FBI has free rain to investigate everything. His word is law
I'm genuinely curious why you would believe anything Trump says.

ETA: Hope someone got it in writing.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 03:58 PM   #213
kellyb
Philosopher
 
kellyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 9,540
Originally Posted by Stacko View Post
IIRC, She didn't refer to him by name until he was rumored to be on the short list for a SCOTUS nomination. She referred to him as a prominent DC judge before then.
I would imagine she did mention his name to her husband and therapist before that. It's just sort of how it goes when you're traumatized by someone you know and talking to people you trust.
__________________
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts ~ Bertrand Russell
I am proud to say that Henry Kissinger is not my friend.
kellyb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 03:59 PM   #214
River
Illuminator
 
River's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,962
Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
None of those witnesses would be expected to remember the night except Judge.

Judge has every reason to deny the event, it incriminates him as well, he's Kavanaugh's friend, and he wasn't under oath or risking much to lie.

As for the zero corroborating evidence, you are dismissing the fact she's talked about the incident with a therapist and her husband going back years. Why would she have singled him out as the perp that long ago?

She clearly knew Judge was Kavanaigh's buddy. How did she know that?
That's all she's done. There is nothing to corroborate her statement. When did this happen? What city? Whos home? How did she get there? How did she get home? Why do none of the witnesses corroborate her story? (including her "friend")

She's talked. I'm glad she got the chance to testify, although I think these proceedings shouldve gone much differently.

Like: Democrats now complaining about a rush job, when they sat on the damn letter for 6 weeks. Did not give it to the committee until the very last minute. The committee offered to travel to her location and have her make a statement and interview her. Instead, democrats waited, then at the very last minute as if to delay a vote sprang this on the committee, and insisted that her testifying be delayed because of her fear of flying that she could not fly there. (and we know now she flies often, and flew to DC) Everything seems to be a delay tactic.

So now we have an FBI background investigation limited in scope to check the allegations. Is this enough for democrats to have a vote? (because we all know their vote already) This is pure show. Fluff for the cameras, and for the public to eat up. And now two peoples lives and their families have had to endure a lot more pressure and pain then is needed to find the truth. This was indeed a spectacle for all to see. Democrats made sure of that.

Anyhow, I'm disgusted by the entire thing. I think this is a prime example of how ****** up things are due to polarizing views.
__________________
"I've seen more Bigfoot creatures than Mountain Lions and Wolves combined here in KY." ― ChrisBFRPKY

"I've observed 1 creature eating bark from a pine tree and enjoying like it was cotton candy." ― ChrisBFRPKY

Last edited by River; 29th September 2018 at 04:00 PM.
River is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 04:00 PM   #215
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!
 
Mike!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Posts: 30,039
Originally Posted by BeanieBaby View Post
POTUS says FBI has free rain to investigate everything. His word is law
Is that the right spelling of "rain" in this usage, or was the President telling them to pour water all over the investigation?
__________________
"Never judge a man until you’ve walked a mile in his shoes...
Because then it won't really matter, you’ll be a mile away and have his shoes."
Mike! is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 04:06 PM   #216
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing
 
phiwum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 10,896
Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
The FBI is not a good enemy to make, and Trump has delberately done that.
I hope you're wrong and they can be unbiased.
phiwum is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 04:09 PM   #217
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 5,853
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I mentioned earlier in the thread that this is exactly what many religious girls do. I know one ex-Mormon woman who told me that this was very common among the Mormon girls she knew. They'd do everything and anything except vaginal sex because they could remain technical virgins.
If Kavanaugh restrained himself to pelvis grinding and feeling up women (forced or not), he could still defiantly claim he was a virgin.

I thought the video was hilarious, by the way.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 04:18 PM   #218
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,387
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I mentioned earlier in the thread that this is exactly what many religious girls do. I know one ex-Mormon woman who told me that this was very common among the Mormon girls she knew. They'd do everything and anything except vaginal sex because they could remain technical virgins.
If Kavanaugh restrained himself to pelvis grinding and feeling up women (forced or not), he could still defiantly claim he was a virgin.

I thought the video was hilarious, by the way.
Garfunkel and Oates are hilarious. You should check out some of their other songs. I find Kavanaugh's choir boy act not very realistic. Although he did attend an all boys school. My experience with Catholic kids is they got around as much as public school kids.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 04:18 PM   #219
kellyb
Philosopher
 
kellyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 9,540
Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
I hope you're wrong and they can be unbiased.
Knowing Trump is a shady man who quite likely picked a shady SCOTUS nominee would not be "bias".
__________________
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts ~ Bertrand Russell
I am proud to say that Henry Kissinger is not my friend.
kellyb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 04:20 PM   #220
smartcooky
Philosopher
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 9,668
Originally Posted by River View Post
That's all she's done. There is nothing to corroborate her statement. When did this happen? What city? Whos home? How did she get there? How did she get home? Why do none of the witnesses corroborate her story? (including her "friend").
I'm going pick a random date... August 23, 1994

What were you doing on that day?

Where did you go?

How did you get there?

How did you get home?
__________________
As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
- Henry Louis Mencken - Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 04:20 PM   #221
kellyb
Philosopher
 
kellyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 9,540
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I mentioned earlier in the thread that this is exactly what many religious girls do. I know one ex-Mormon woman who told me that this was very common among the Mormon girls she knew. They'd do everything and anything except vaginal sex because they could remain technical virgins.
If Kavanaugh restrained himself to pelvis grinding and feeling up women (forced or not), he could still defiantly claim he was a virgin.

I thought the video was hilarious, by the way.
Most kids raised fanatically religious just give into temptation and have "premarital sex" they don't admit to and live with the lie in quiet shame.
eta:
Those kids are not the ones who would be bragging about all the crazy keg parties in their yearbook, tho.
__________________
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts ~ Bertrand Russell
I am proud to say that Henry Kissinger is not my friend.
kellyb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 04:25 PM   #222
sylvan8798
Master Poster
 
sylvan8798's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,827
Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
None of those witnesses would be expected to remember the night except Judge.

Judge has every reason to deny the event, it incriminates him as well, he's Kavanaugh's friend, and he wasn't under oath or risking much to lie.

As for the zero corroborating evidence, you are dismissing the fact she's talked about the incident with a therapist and her husband going back years. Why would she have singled him out as the perp that long ago?

She clearly knew Judge was Kavanaigh's buddy. How did she know that?
How did she know that Kavanaugh and Judge had a guy named PJ in their circle of friends that summer? Does everyone have a guy named PJ in their circle of friends in the summer of 1982?
__________________
DoYouEverWonder - Engineers and architects don't have to design steel buildings not to collapse from gravity. They already conquered gravity when they built it.

- Professional Wastrel
sylvan8798 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 04:40 PM   #223
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 5,853
Originally Posted by River View Post
That's all she's done. There is nothing to corroborate her statement. When did this happen? What city? Whos home? How did she get there? How did she get home? Why do none of the witnesses corroborate her story? (including her "friend")
It happened the summer of 1982. Sorry if she doesn't remember the exact date. Ford said it happened in the Bethesda/ Chevy area. If that's anything like where I live, a street can separate the towns. As she doesn't remember the exact house, she can only give the general area. None of the others can corroborate her story because as Ford said, "It was surely a spur of the moment gathering", nothing happened to the others nor were they aware of anything happening. Unlike K's claim, they never said no such party happened or that no such attack occurred. They only said they could not remember any such party. Why should they remember after 36 years a nondescript, spur of the moment get together where nothing worth remembering happened to them? Leland Ingham may not remember the party, but she has stated she believes Ford.

>snip<

Quote:
Like: Democrats now complaining about a rush job, when they sat on the damn letter for 6 weeks. Did not give it to the committee until the very last minute. The committee offered to travel to her location and have her make a statement and interview her. Instead, democrats waited, then at the very last minute as if to delay a vote sprang this on the committee, and insisted that her testifying be delayed because of her fear of flying that she could not fly there. (and we know now she flies often, and flew to DC) Everything seems to be a delay tactic.
We know what you don't like about the Dems' actions but no word of criticism for the GOP's actions from you. Like:
Trying to rush through the confirmation hearings fighting tooth and toenails not to hear Dr. Ford until forced to by public outcry. They refused to allow any third party witnesses to speak at the hearings, most significantly they refused to subpoena Mark Judge. The GOP refused to let the FBI investigate Ford's claim until they were forced to by Flake. Now they act like they've always thought it was a "good idea". They've withheld 100,000 pages of K's record during his tenure in the Bush administration. They've done all they can do to rush this through as quickly as possible despite calls to slow down. Now we can see why.

Quote:
So now we have an FBI background investigation limited in scope to check the allegations. Is this enough for democrats to have a vote? (because we all know their vote already) This is pure show. Fluff for the cameras, and for the public to eat up. And now two peoples lives and their families have had to endure a lot more pressure and pain then is needed to find the truth. This was indeed a spectacle for all to see. Democrats made sure of that.

Anyhow, I'm disgusted by the entire thing. I think this is a prime example of how ****** up things are due to polarizing views.
Is this enough for the Dems to vote? The Dems voted. All 10 on the SJC voted 'no'.
What you and other conservatives are really pissed off about is the fact that the Ford hearing Friday may derail K from being seated due to his own perjury filled, belligerent and angry testimony which showed him to be anything but SC material. But it's all the Dem's fault! Riiiiiight.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 04:45 PM   #224
kellyb
Philosopher
 
kellyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 9,540
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
What you and other conservatives are really pissed off about is the fact that the Ford hearing Friday may derail K from being seated due to his own perjury filled, belligerent and angry testimony which showed him to be anything but SC material. But it's all the Dem's fault! Riiiiiight.
Dear Leader should be able to put whoever the hell he wants in there, no questions asked! Get with the times!
__________________
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts ~ Bertrand Russell
I am proud to say that Henry Kissinger is not my friend.
kellyb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 04:50 PM   #225
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher
 
Beelzebuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,369
Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
What's he saying away from the cameras?
That the FBI is explicitly NOT allowed to investigate the claims of Julie Swetnick, the woman who accused Kavanaugh of orchestrating gang rapes at parties:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...-brett-n915061
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 04:52 PM   #226
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 5,853
Originally Posted by sylvan8798 View Post
How did she know that Kavanaugh and Judge had a guy named PJ in their circle of friends that summer? Does everyone have a guy named PJ in their circle of friends in the summer of 1982?
Ford, in her 36 years long plan to get revenge on K, had someone sneak into K's records and steal his calendar from 1982. Seeing that he'd jotted down a party with Judge, and someone named PJ on said calendar, she knew immediately how she could use it. She included her friend, Leland, at the party and made sure back in 2012 to tell Leland about the attack knowing she'd back her up . Oh, wait....um.....um... Never mind about that bit.
Just to make sure she was believed, she made up a story about how she got there and got home because she knew no one would believe she could possibly forget those details. It's so simple really.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 05:12 PM   #227
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 76,407
Originally Posted by River View Post
Clearly you are mentally superior, and pay attention better than most. I'm defeated. You win.
I don't see the need for this passive aggressiveness. It was a clear question.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 05:13 PM   #228
Lurch
Muse
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 602
Now that Swetnick is out of bounds for the FBI, I imagine Avenatti will be pulling out the stops to get her story and that of corroborating witnesses out to the press and on to the tube. And the road appears to be open for Swetnick to also file a charge with police, given there is no statute of limitations on sex assault in the jurisdiction.

Another arena in which "Trump's nemesis" can get all up in the Turdblossom's desires and designs.
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 05:14 PM   #229
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 76,407
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Fords claim is worthless at this point
The drunk girl at Yale’s claim is worthless
Avenatti is an idiot.
Well, I'm convinced.

Quote:
Confirm BK and listen to the lamentations of the women.
Yeah, alumnirise those women, amiright?
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 05:16 PM   #230
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 76,407
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Where was it?
Uhhh
When was it?
Uhhh
Whose house was it?
Uhhh
How’d ya get there?
Uhhh
How did you get home?
Uhhh

So unequivocal. The only facts she was able to provide were the people there, and they all said she was full of ****.
Have you no shame, really?
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 05:22 PM   #231
fagin
Philosopher
 
fagin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: As far away from casebro as possible.
Posts: 6,772
Might be shorter to list the truth he's told:

Oops can't find any.
__________________
There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda
fagin is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 05:22 PM   #232
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 5,853
Originally Posted by BeanieBaby View Post
Name one damn lie
I'll wait
You forgot the sarcasm icon. Right?
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 05:23 PM   #233
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing
 
alfaniner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 18,824
Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
Is that the right spelling of "rain" in this usage, or was the President telling them to pour water all over the investigation?
I saw the news chyron spell it as "free rein", which I supposed could make some sort of sense, but I thought it was always "free reign."
__________________
Science is self-correcting.
Woo is self-contradicting.
alfaniner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 05:23 PM   #234
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,387
Originally Posted by BeanieBaby View Post
Name one damn lie
I'll wait
Really? Fact Checker keeps a running tally. As of August 1, they had cataloged more than 4,000 lies.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 05:24 PM   #235
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 5,853
Originally Posted by BeanieBaby View Post
Disgusting
Watched it all the way through, didn't ya?
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 05:24 PM   #236
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,387
Originally Posted by BeanieBaby View Post
Disgusting
Ye, it was a little disgusting. But hilarious.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 05:26 PM   #237
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 5,853
Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
I saw the news chyron spell it as "free rein", which I supposed could make some sort of sense, but I thought it was always "free reign."
Definitely " free rein" as in not reining in a horse.
Neither "rain" nor "reign" makes sense.

I used to think it was "tow the line" until it dawned on me that 'tow' made no sense and realized it was 'toe the line'. Duh.
We all make those kinds of mistakes. But don't get me started on "I could care less".

Last edited by Stacyhs; 29th September 2018 at 05:37 PM.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 05:34 PM   #238
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 5,853
Trump goes after Dianne Feinstein in his usual obnoxious and bullying manner at the WV "Feed my Ego" rally. What a pig this man is. And those who cheer for him are just as bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eb2vBcqq8o
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 05:39 PM   #239
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 10,253
Kavanaugh even lied about not having connections at Yale. He was a legacy.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ryangrim/...62360321363969
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 05:39 PM   #240
sylvan8798
Master Poster
 
sylvan8798's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,827
Has anyone asked Mark Judge, PJ, Tim Gaudette, Tom Caine, Chris Garrett, and Bernie McCarthy if they remember the get-together on July 1, 1982? Because if they don't remember it, then they are saying Kavanaugh is full of ****, which obviously would mean he is lying, albeit retroactively, on his calendar. And lying today, if he stands by that entry.
__________________
DoYouEverWonder - Engineers and architects don't have to design steel buildings not to collapse from gravity. They already conquered gravity when they built it.

- Professional Wastrel
sylvan8798 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:05 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.