ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Brett Kavanaugh , Christine Blasey Ford , Congressional hearings , Supreme Court nominees , Trump controversies

Old 29th September 2018, 05:40 PM   #241
Paul2
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Have you no shame, really?
I believe the precise wording was "At long last, have you left no sense of decency?"

Aristotle, so far as I know, was the first man to proclaim explicitly that man is a rational animal. His reason for this view was one which does not now seem very impressive: it was, that some people can do sums. - Bertrand Russell
Paul2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 05:43 PM   #242
Paul2
Illuminator

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Ye, it was a little disgusting. But hilarious.
A better combination you can't hope for!

Last time I was in Vegas, I saw a quotation attributed to Voltaire (but I can't believe Voltaire said it): "Ice cream is exquisite. It's a pity it is legal."

Aristotle, so far as I know, was the first man to proclaim explicitly that man is a rational animal. His reason for this view was one which does not now seem very impressive: it was, that some people can do sums. - Bertrand Russell
Paul2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 05:45 PM   #243
sylvan8798
Master Poster

If it turns out that the ill-fated "party" really was on July 1st, then turning his calendars over to the Committee would likely turn out to be the second stupidest thing Kavanaugh ever did.

- Professional Wastrel
sylvan8798 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 05:51 PM   #244
crescent
Master Poster

Originally Posted by BeanieBaby View Post
Name one damn lie
I'll wait

Here's A Running List Of President Trump's Lies And Other ******** (has not been updated since March 2017)

Donald Trump has said 2717 false things as U.S. president

President Trump has made 4,229 false or misleading claims in 558 days

An example from WAPO:
Quote:
On foreign policy, the president consistently misstates NATO spending. More than 60 times, he has falsely said the United States pays as much as 90 percent of the alliance’s costs and that other NATO members “owe” money. But he is conflating overall defense spending with NATO obligations — and the United States, unlike many NATO allies, has global responsibilities.

T r u m p ’ s L i e s(Another out of date list, but here's a few (linked article itself has links that cite sources):

Quote:
JAN. 21 “I wasn't a fan of Iraq. I didn't want to go into Iraq.” (He was for an invasion before he was against it.) JAN. 21 “A reporter for Time magazine — and I have been on their cover 14 or 15 times. I think we have the all-time record in the history of Time magazine.” (Trump was on the cover 11 times and Nixon appeared 55 times.) JAN. 23 “Between 3 million and 5 million illegal votes caused me to lose the popular vote.” (There's no evidence of illegal voting.) JAN. 25 “Now, the audience was the biggest ever. But this crowd was massive. Look how far back it goes. This crowd was massive.” (Official aerial photos show Obama's 2009 inauguration was much more heavily attended.) JAN. 25 “Take a look at the Pew reports (which show voter fraud.)” (The report never mentioned voter fraud.) JAN. 25 “You had millions of people that now aren't insured anymore.” (The real number is less than 1 million, according to the Urban Institute.) JAN. 25 “So, look, when President Obama was there two weeks ago making a speech, very nice speech. Two people were shot and killed during his speech. You can't have that.” (There were no gun homicide victims in Chicago that day.)

OCT. 17 “Well, we're the highest-taxed nation in the world.” (We're not.) OCT. 17 “I wish President Obama didn't get out the way he got out. Because that left a vacuum and ISIS was formed.” (The group’s origins date to 2004.) OCT. 18 “Democrat Congresswoman totally fabricated what I said to the wife of a soldier who died in action (and I have proof).” (The wife confirmed Representative Frederica Wilson's account.) OCT. 18 “The Coast Guard in Texas saved 16,000 lives.” (The real number was smaller.) OCT. 18 “Nobody has ever heard of a five hitting land.” (Category 5 storms have hit land before.) OCT. 24 “Under our plan, more than 30 million Americans who own small businesses will get a 40 per cent cut to their top marginal tax rate.” (The real number is estimated to be less than 1 million.) OCT. 25 “We have trade deficits with almost everybody.” (We have trade surpluses with more than 100 countries.)

ETA: I don't want to contribute to a hijack. We can spin this off into a new thread if Beanie Baby wants to.

Last edited by crescent; 29th September 2018 at 05:53 PM.
crescent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 05:51 PM   #245
River
Illuminator

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
I'm going pick a random date... August 23, 1994

What were you doing on that day?

Where did you go?

How did you get there?

How did you get home?
Why don't you pick a date something traumatic or memorable happened? I remember exactly where every car accident I ever had happened. I remember where I received every ticket I ever was given by police. Want to ask me about a fight or other memorable things? I'll tell you about an experience where some drunk guy slapped my ex gf in front of me. It happened at her home in june of 1991. I ended up breaking the guys nose and cheekbone in a fight after that. I saw him two weeks later at a restaurant called Chicagos pizza where my ex gf worked. He looked like ass all swollen up still. He was man enough to apologize to her and to me. I drove home that night, with her to my place. I went to the party because she invited me.

I've had three tickets. One was in Alpharetta GA on Haynes bridge road doing 82 in a 45 zone. The second was on highway 400 doing 87 in a 55. The third was in Defiance Ohio doing 72 in a 45.

I bet I could call witnesses that would actually remember the fight I mentioned.

"I've observed 1 creature eating bark from a pine tree and enjoying like it was cotton candy." ― ChrisBFRPKY

Last edited by River; 29th September 2018 at 05:54 PM.
River is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 05:58 PM   #246
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by sylvan8798 View Post
Has anyone asked Mark Judge, PJ, Tim Gaudette, Tom Caine, Chris Garrett, and Bernie McCarthy if they remember the get-together on July 1, 1982? Because if they don't remember it, then they are saying Kavanaugh is full of ****, which obviously would mean he is lying, albeit retroactively, on his calendar. And lying today, if he stands by that entry.
Touché.
Old 29th September 2018, 06:06 PM   #247
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by River View Post
Why don't you pick a date something traumatic or memorable happened? I remember exactly where every car accident I ever had happened. I remember where I received every ticket I ever was given by police. Want to ask me about a fight or other memorable things? I'll tell you about an experience where some drunk guy slapped my ex gf in front of me. It happened at her home in june of 1991. I ended up breaking the guys nose and cheekbone in a fight after that. I saw him two weeks later at a restaurant called Chicagos pizza where my ex gf worked. He looked like ass all swollen up still. He was man enough to apologize to her and to me. I drove home that night, with her to my place. I went to the party because she invited me.

I've had three tickets. One was in Alpharetta GA on Haynes bridge road doing 82 in a 45 zone. The second was on highway 400 doing 87 in a 55. The third was in Defiance Ohio doing 72 in a 45.

I bet I could call witnesses that would actually remember the fight I mentioned.
Are you actually trying to compare the trauma of getting a speeding ticket to a sexual assault at 15 years old?
What "trauma" did you experience by smacking down the guy who slapped your ex-girlfriend? Hell, that was a time you got to be the big man hero defending the damsel in distress ....not that I blame you. But really, trying to compare these to a girl getting sexually assaulted and fearing she was going to die?

You probably could find a witnesses if they actually witnessed it. Try finding the guy who was in the can at the time and didn't know you, the drunk or your ex and see if he remembers it.

Like I said, I was attacked with the intention of rape and I can't tell you exactly what year it happened or even the time of year as it was in CA and it was summer weather all year long.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 06:06 PM   #248
smartcooky
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Have you no shame, really?
No, he doesn't

Its not very Christian of him, is it?
As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
- Henry Louis Mencken - Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 06:07 PM   #249
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

The bottom line here is that no woman can expect justice from a court with Kavanagh on it nor should they feel bound to abide by its decisions. If women don't have true access to the court then they need only concern themselves with nullifying or circumventing the court's decisions. Women and people who care about the rights of women should look at the ways in which the Dread Scott Decision was nullified in defiance of the Supreme Court for how to behave if Kavanagh is confirmed.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 06:13 PM   #250
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
The bottom line here is that no woman can expect justice from a court with Kavanagh on it nor should they feel bound to abide by its decisions. If women don't have true access to the court then they need only concern themselves with nullifying or circumventing the court's decisions. Women and people who care about the rights of women should look at the ways in which the Dread Dred Scott Decision was nullified in defiance of the Supreme Court for how to behave if Kavanagh is confirmed.
FTFY. Sorry...once a history teacher, always a history teacher.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 06:16 PM   #251
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

Compares liberals to conspiracy theorists and chastises them for being gullible:
Originally Posted by applecorped View Post
Lol. Even 9/11 conspiracy theorists weren't this gullible. This place truly has been reduced to the dregs.
Followed a few hours later with a claim sourced to a conspiracy-theory-peddling website:
Originally Posted by applecorped View Post
Dems sure do love doxxing people.

Upon further research, it appears that the IP address traces back to the office of Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA).

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...augh-testimony

I believe the kids refer to this as “beclowning”.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 06:31 PM   #252
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Why on earth would Maxine Waters, a Democrat, want to change Wikipedia to support Kavanaugh's (false) claim that 'Devil's Triangle' refers to a drinking game? Some people have no common sense.
Old 29th September 2018, 06:38 PM   #253
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
FTFY. Sorry...once a history teacher, always a history teacher.
I stand corrected.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 06:57 PM   #254
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
Compares liberals to conspiracy theorists and chastises them for being gullible:

Followed a few hours later with a claim sourced to a conspiracy-theory-peddling website:

I believe the kids refer to this as “beclowning”.
Good catch. Since I only catch it in quotes from, it would have totally blew by me.

And thanks for the use of "beclowning". Not sure if I came a cross it before. Very apropos for Trump and sycophants.
Old 29th September 2018, 07:38 PM   #255
Bogative
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by I Am The Scum View Post
Do you believe that Kavanaugh was completely honest in his testimony Thursday?
Haven't watched it, yet.
Bogative is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 07:49 PM   #256
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
Haven't watched it, yet.
Based solely on what you've seen/read so far, do you believe Kavanaugh was completely honest in his testimony Thursday?
I Am The Scum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 07:58 PM   #257
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

Yup. This is the left's "Pizzagate."

Digging through high school yearbooks and college records looking for secret code words for sexual assault, rape etc.

Do you believe that Kavanaugh was completely honest in his testimony Thursday?
Haven't watched it, yet.

The beclowning continues.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 08:09 PM   #258
River
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Are you actually trying to compare the trauma of getting a speeding ticket to a sexual assault at 15 years old?
What "trauma" did you experience by smacking down the guy who slapped your ex-girlfriend? Hell, that was a time you got to be the big man hero defending the damsel in distress ....not that I blame you. But really, trying to compare these to a girl getting sexually assaulted and fearing she was going to die?

You probably could find a witnesses if they actually witnessed it. Try finding the guy who was in the can at the time and didn't know you, the drunk or your ex and see if he remembers it.

Like I said, I was attacked with the intention of rape and I can't tell you exactly what year it happened or even the time of year as it was in CA and it was summer weather all year long.

The tickets would be part of the "memorable" category. The fight certainly could fit into traumatic. I got kicked in the balls, and punched in the face and body multiple times, also choked by a 27 year old man that was 6' 1" and about 240 lbs. I won the fight, but that doesn't mean I didn't get my ass beat too. (i was much younger, and not nearly that built or heavy) I still have a scar from it, though not mentally like Ford just a physical one.

If she had a more traumatic experience, according to her those are burned into your memory helping you keep the experience in a more permanent way. If I can remember those details about something not as traumatic, or even just something memorable -- perhaps she should've been able to also. Was she drunk at the time too? (i need to review her testimony again) More questions than answers. I'm not saying she made up the account, but it certainly seems like there are some inconsistencies like her naming witnesses that do not corroborate her story, or in one case says she never met Kavanaugh or could recall any incident like she described.

"I've observed 1 creature eating bark from a pine tree and enjoying like it was cotton candy." ― ChrisBFRPKY

Last edited by River; 29th September 2018 at 08:10 PM.
River is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 08:19 PM   #259
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

It might not enlighten you River, you may not get the meaning of my comment, but this is an example of why you don't get it. It's from my neighborhood forum:

“I draw a line down the middle of a chalkboard, sketching a male symbol on one side and a female symbol on the other. Then I ask just the men: What steps do you guys take, on a daily basis, to prevent yourselves from being sexually assaulted?

At first there is a kind of awkward silence as the men try to figure out if they've been asked a trick question. The silence gives way to a smattering of nervous laughter. Occasionally, a young a guy will raise his hand and say, 'I stay out of prison.' This is typically followed by another moment of laughter, before someone finally raises his hand and soberly states, 'Nothing. I don't think about it.'

Then I ask women the same question. What steps do you take on a daily basis to prevent yourselves from being sexually assaulted?

Women throughout the audience immediately start raising their hands. As the men sit in stunned silence, the women recount safety precautions they take as part of their daily routine.

Here are some of their answers: Hold my keys as a potential weapon. Look in the back seat of the car before getting in. Carry a cell phone. Don't go jogging at night. Lock all the windows when I sleep, even on hot summer nights. Be careful not to drink too much. Don't put my drink down and come back to it; make sure I see it being poured. Own a big dog. Carry Mace or pepper spray. Have an unlisted phone number. Have a man's voice on my answering machine. Park in well-lit areas. Don't use parking garages. Don't get on elevators with only one man, or with a group of men. Vary my route home from work. Watch what I wear. Don't use highway rest areas. Use a home alarm system. Don't wear headphones when jogging. Avoid forests or wooded areas, even in the daytime. Don't take a first-floor apartment. Go out in groups. Own a firearm. Meet men on first dates in public places. Make sure to have a car or cab fare. Don't make eye contact with men on the street. Make assertive eye contact with men on the street.”

― Jackson Katz, The Macho Paradox: Why Some Men Hurt Women and How All Men Can Help

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 29th September 2018 at 08:20 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 08:22 PM   #260
Bogative
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
What gave you the idea that slang terms in a yearbook are "secret code words"?
CBS News

Business Insider

Michael Avenatti

Just to name a few.
Bogative is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 08:24 PM   #261
Bob001
Philosopher

Interesting perspective:
Quote:
Over the past few decades — starting at Yale, then Columbia University’s Teachers College and now Arizona State University — my colleagues and I have been studying students in high-achieving, elite schools. These are institutions with excellent test scores, rich extracurricular and advanced academic offerings, and graduates headed to selective colleges and, ultimately, to positions of power as adults. Across the country, we have recurrently found that students at such schools show higher rates of disturbance compared with average American teens.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...?noredirect=on
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 08:24 PM   #262
Bogative
Graduate Poster

Based solely on what you've seen/read so far, do you believe Kavanaugh was completely honest in his testimony Thursday?
Mostly. Nothing that would disqualify him from the position.
Old 29th September 2018, 08:24 PM   #263
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

The tickets would be part of the "memorable" category. The fight certainly could fit into traumatic. I got kicked in the balls, and punched in the face and body multiple times, also choked by a 27 year old man that was 6' 1" and about 240 lbs. I won the fight, but that doesn't mean I didn't get my ass beat too. (i was much younger, and not nearly that built or heavy) I still have a scar from it, though not mentally like Ford just a physical one.

If she had a more traumatic experience, according to her those are burned into your memory helping you keep the experience in a more permanent way. If I can remember those details about something not as traumatic, or even just something memorable -- perhaps she should've been able to also. Was she drunk at the time too? (i need to review her testimony again) More questions than answers. I'm not saying she made up the account, but it certainly seems like there are some inconsistencies like her naming witnesses that do not corroborate her story, or in one case says she never met Kavanaugh or could recall any incident like she described.
Why don't you ask a few women who have been sexually assaulted what details they actually remember instead of making up your own imaginary scenario?
Old 29th September 2018, 08:27 PM   #264
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Here's the problem River. Everyone is not you.

Different people respond to situations differently. Your thinking is very much aligned with, I did it, why doesn't everyone else? My father landed on Omaha Beach on D-Day. He said some men could and did handle it while others froze and got killed. And you can't tell who's going to freeze until they were in the heat of battle.

Also, memory is one weird thing. I can remember virtually EVERYTHING about from 2 minutes before my sister told me my mother had a pulmonary embolism and passed away and for the hour following that but the rest of that day nothing. That was 40 years ago.

Judging others through your own perspective is really a bit self centered.
Old 29th September 2018, 08:29 PM   #265
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

Mostly? So a little bit of perjury is not disqualifying for the supreme court?
I Am The Scum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 08:30 PM   #266
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Mostly?

So lying about his high school and college behavior when he could have been honest and admitted he was different now is no big deal?

Claiming it's a Clinton CT why a woman is telling him about one of the things he did in high school?

WTF was he hiding when he evaded questions, lied outright what the entries in his yearbook meant and filibustered the questions he clearly didn't want to answer honestly?

How is that kind of **** OK in testimony under oath?
Old 29th September 2018, 08:35 PM   #267
Bogative
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
The beclowning continues.
Beclown? That's funny coming from the person who thinks I can't be aware of conspiracies surrounding Kavanaugh's yearbook quotes without first watching his testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee.
Old 29th September 2018, 08:37 PM   #268
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Different people are different.

Feel free to not understand how Dr. Ford doesn’t remember details you think you would. I can’t understand how people use arguments from incredulity.
Old 29th September 2018, 08:44 PM   #269
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Beclown? That's funny coming from the person who thinks I can't be aware of conspiracies surrounding Kavanaugh's yearbook quotes without first watching his testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee.
Johnny's right. A lot of what you are posting in this thread is not just wrong, you're making assertions the actual testimony contradicts.
Old 29th September 2018, 08:45 PM   #270
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
Feel free to not understand how Dr. Ford doesn’t remember details you think you would. I can’t understand how people use arguments from incredulity.
Old 29th September 2018, 08:48 PM   #271
Bob001
Philosopher

Matt Damon portrays angry weepy Kavanaugh on the SNL cold opener. He likes beer.
https://hollywoodlife.com/2018/09/29...ld-open-video/
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 08:54 PM   #272
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
Different people are different.

I think these types of thoughts correlate heavily with the "If I were there I would have pulled out my revolver and shot all 12 terrorists," fantasy.

(and no, that's not an invitation to derail the thread into a gun debate)
Old 29th September 2018, 08:54 PM   #273
Bogative
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Mostly?

So lying about his high school and college behavior when he could have been honest and admitted he was different now is no big deal?

Claiming it's a Clinton CT why a woman is telling him about one of the things he did in high school?

WTF was he hiding when he evaded questions, lied outright what the entries in his yearbook meant and filibustered the questions he clearly didn't want to answer honestly?

How is that kind of **** OK in testimony under oath?

As I said in a prior post, I have not watched his testimony yet. You'll have to point out specifically, with proof, what he lied about. Not what you think you lied about.
Old 29th September 2018, 08:56 PM   #274
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

As I said in a prior post, I have not watched his testimony yet. You'll have to point out specifically, with proof, what he lied about. Not what you think you lied about.

We've done that in great detail, more than once in this thread, and by more folks than me.
Old 29th September 2018, 08:56 PM   #275
Slings and Arrows
Graduate Poster

If you think his high school yearbook is damning, just wait till the Dimms get hold of his kindergarten coloring books -- he drew outside the lines. Gasp!

Last edited by Slings and Arrows; 29th September 2018 at 08:59 PM.
Slings and Arrows is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 08:58 PM   #276
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Slings and Arrows View Post
If you think his high school yearbook is damning, just wait till the Dimms get hold of his kindergarten coloring book -- he drew outside the lines. Gasp!
Knocking down those straw men must be so satisfying.

In case you need that explained:

It's not the yearbook comments, it's that they support behavior that goes with what Ford says happened.

It's not the yearbook comments, it's that he continually lied about the meaning of them when asked under oath.

They make him look bad and he lied because they made him look bad. The lie was told this week, not something he did in high school.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 29th September 2018 at 09:02 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 08:58 PM   #277
Bogative
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Johnny's right. A lot of what you are posting in this thread is not just wrong, you're making assertions the actual testimony contradicts.
Example?
Old 29th September 2018, 08:59 PM   #278
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Well, I’ve seen only a few video snippets of Kavanaugh’s Thursday appearance. However, I have read quite a bit of the transcript.

Politics aside, I wouldn’t vote to put that man on a school board. The personal presentation and interaction was as amateurish as it gets, and couldn’t have been more embarrassing.

Irrespective of the Dr. Ford allegations, I would vote to deny Kavanaugh’s nomination. And do so without even so much as a second guess.

Last edited by Regnad Kcin; 29th September 2018 at 09:02 PM.
Regnad Kcin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2018, 09:03 PM   #279
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

If you believe in the Prosperity Bible, Jeff Bezos must have be anointed by everyone of the Trinity individually.
Old 29th September 2018, 09:03 PM   #280
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Example?
I'm not going to chase your nonsensical denials.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics