ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 30th September 2018, 03:39 PM   #161
Baylor
Philosopher

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
That the link you used to define, doesn't actually show that any such areas exist within the UK?

It's not a gotcha, it just shows you haven't got a ******* clue.
But other sources show it. Naughty words show your arguments suck.
Baylor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2018, 03:39 PM   #162
Archie Gemmill Goal
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Baylor View Post
Lame
Refuted line by line every single line of your pish.

Your retort is exactly what I would expect from a fan of Yaxley-Lennon or maybe from your President.

You can't come up with a single no-go zone in the UK and yet have been shown that they exist in your own 'supposed' hometown.
Old 30th September 2018, 03:41 PM   #163
Archie Gemmill Goal
Illuminator

But other sources show it.
If you accept people making **** up then you can find a source to show anything.

I have a source that says you like to wear a pink tutu and sing the soundtrack from Frozen on a Tuesday night.
Old 30th September 2018, 03:42 PM   #164
fagin
Philosopher

But other sources show it. Naughty words show your arguments suck.
I think it's your 'sources' that seem to suck.

You just don't have a ******* clue.

ps That's a good Anglo Saxon word. Used to emphasise just how clueless you are.
Old 30th September 2018, 03:42 PM   #165
Baylor
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Archie Gemmill Goal View Post
Refuted line by line every single line of your pish.
Not even close

Your retort is exactly what I would expect from a fan of Yaxley-Lennon or maybe from your President.

You can't come up with a single no-go zone in the UK and yet have been shown that they exist in your own 'supposed' hometown.
Whatever, this is boring. Feel free to get the last word as this thread has been obfuscated enough as was your intention.
Baylor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2018, 03:43 PM   #166
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

... It's the short version that gets right to the point, UK police suck.
That would be the short version which deliberately edits out the successful conclusion of the guy being tasered and arrested without anyone getting injured, right?

It seems you prefer police tactics which escalate violence because doing otherwise is "cowardly". I'm happier to judge them by outcomes rather than by how exciting it might be to play Dirty Harry.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2018, 03:43 PM   #167
Archie Gemmill Goal
Illuminator

Not even close
Haha. Aye, ok, Donald. You no got a country to 'run'?
Old 30th September 2018, 03:44 PM   #168
Baylor
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
That would be the short version which deliberately edits out the successful conclusion of the guy being tasered and arrested without anyone getting injured, right?

It seems you prefer police tactics which escalate violence because doing otherwise is "cowardly". I'm happier to judge them by outcomes rather than by how exciting it might be to play Dirty Harry.
Okay but does it really take 11 officers to subdue 1 suspect?
Old 30th September 2018, 03:50 PM   #169
Archie Gemmill Goal
Illuminator

The other 10 should have left the scene so you could accuse them of being cowards presumably?

There was probably 11 there because that's the only place in the town that isn't a no-go zone controlled by rampaging gangs of Muslim child rapists on mopeds.
Old 30th September 2018, 03:50 PM   #170
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

We could keep reducing police numbers until there are too few and either someone gets stabbed or they have to shoot the perp. Do you have a non-cowardly number in mind?
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2018, 03:53 PM   #171
fagin
Philosopher

Not even close

Whatever, this is boring. Feel free to get the last word as this thread has been obfuscated enough as was your intention.
Final word?

This is a demonstration against oil drilling local to me. I'm bottom right, with the bike and red Camelbak.

These are the cops sent to make sure we didn't do anything too bad. They are laughing because I asked them what they would do if we started rioting. I'm not sure they took me seriously.

TBH I think I prefer their approach to riot gear and machine guns. And in the end no one was injured, and a jolly nice day was had by all.
Old 30th September 2018, 03:54 PM   #172
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

… There was probably 11 there because that's the only place in the town that isn't a no-go zone controlled by rampaging gangs of Muslim child rapists on mopeds.
Good point. He had probably rounded up all 11 cops in town and kept them cornered there until almost coffee break so eventually they had to fight their way out. Or something.
Old 30th September 2018, 03:57 PM   #173
Baylor
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
We could keep reducing police numbers until there are too few and either someone gets stabbed or they have to shoot the perp. Do you have a non-cowardly number in mind?
Or we can keep escalating the numbers to the point where the police show off their incompetency to other potential criminals.
Old 30th September 2018, 03:59 PM   #174
fagin
Philosopher

Or we can keep escalating the numbers to the point where the police show off their incompetency to other potential criminals.
Didn't mommy call you a while back?

Not even close

Old 30th September 2018, 04:02 PM   #175
AnonyMoose
Thinker

I don't know... you tell us:

https://sputniknews.com/news/201508181025859095/

Quote:
In a shocking incident caught on camera by a witness, 14 San Francisco police officers were seen arresting a homeless black man armed with crutches because he only has one leg.
Old 30th September 2018, 04:03 PM   #176
Archie Gemmill Goal
Illuminator

Originally Posted by AnonyMoose View Post
I didn't even know only having one leg was a crime in the US!!! I thought they were all about 'Freedumb'
Old 30th September 2018, 04:05 PM   #177
Baylor
Philosopher

Video unavailable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAYGizJ4vEg
Old 30th September 2018, 04:07 PM   #178
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

If 11 cops containing & arresting a suspect are cowards, what are 5 cops with guns drawn on an unarmed man pleading for his life & then killing him?
Old 30th September 2018, 04:08 PM   #179
AnonyMoose
Thinker

I didn't even know only having one leg was a crime in the US!!! I thought they were all about 'Freedumb'
Yeah.

And I even linked it from an international news source like baylor did in his opening post.

Therefore it must be true !
Old 30th September 2018, 04:11 PM   #180
AnonyMoose
Thinker

Originally Posted by 332nd View Post
If 11 cops containing & arresting a suspect are cowards, what are 5 cops with guns drawn on an unarmed man pleading for his life & then killing him?

Freedumb.

Old 30th September 2018, 04:13 PM   #181
Seismosaurus
Philosopher

I have to say, scanning through this thread is brilliant. It's comedy gold.
Old 30th September 2018, 04:20 PM   #182
Baylor
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Seismosaurus View Post
I have to say, scanning through this thread is brilliant. It's comedy gold.
Par for the course

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPmKtV-VJnc
Old 30th September 2018, 05:01 PM   #183
Arcade22
Illuminator

This thread went just as well the other one.
Freedom you all want, you want freedom. Why then do you haggle over a more or less? Freedom can only be the whole of freedom; a piece of freedom is not freedom. You despair of the possibility of obtaining the whole of freedom, freedom from everything - yes, you consider it insanity even to wish this? - Well, then leave off chasing after the phantom, and spend your pains on something better than the - unattainable. - Max Stirner
Arcade22 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2018, 05:06 PM   #184
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Against my better judgement I watched that video. It claims to show the Alt Left (whatever that is) laughing at child abuse in Rotherham. It actually shows people at a meeting of some anti-racism group laughing at a remark the speaker makes about the Rotherham police and how unlikely she thinks they would be to be anxious about appearing racist.

Feel free to be outraged on behalf of the Rotherham police, but don't waste our time trying to pretend that's people laughing at child abuse.
Old 30th September 2018, 06:02 PM   #185
AnonyMoose
Thinker

Originally Posted by Arcade22 View Post
This thread went just as well the other one.
Give the op some time.

I'm sure they'll think up a third thread where we'll all be shocked and suddenly agree with his/her opinion on just how exceptionally free the US really is... and how the rest of us are all living in chains, robbed of our freedoms due to our lack of guns and over-abundance of immigrant shariah overlords.

Last edited by AnonyMoose; 30th September 2018 at 06:06 PM.
AnonyMoose is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2018, 06:21 PM   #186
Seismosaurus
Philosopher

Par for the course
Yes, I can imagine it would be.
Old 30th September 2018, 07:53 PM   #187
newyorkguy
Philosopher

Cowardly American athletes showing their solidarity with ISIS. You can't even get away from this garbage at sporting events nowadays. Life stinks!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ISIS is No 1.jpg (38.6 KB, 5 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2018, 09:30 PM   #188
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Terrible, Newyorkguy.
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2018, 12:01 AM   #189
Baylor
Philosopher

Give the op some time.

I'm sure they'll think up a third thread where we'll all be shocked and suddenly agree with his/her opinion on just how exceptionally free the US really is... and how the rest of us are all living in chains, robbed of our freedoms due to our lack of guns and over-abundance of immigrant shariah overlords.
That's not how I think of the EU. More like it's continent of childless people who elect childless leaders to adopt/import pets from the third world in a strange new religious practice after abandoning Christianity.
Old 1st October 2018, 12:02 AM   #190
Baylor
Philosopher

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
Cowardly American athletes showing their solidarity with ISIS. You can't even get away from this garbage at sporting events nowadays. Life stinks!

Yeah, never mind context.
Old 1st October 2018, 12:07 AM   #191
Baylor
Philosopher

If only UK feigned as much indignation over little girls being raped as they do someone writing the word bacon, the country might be worth saving.

Fury as 'bacon' is scrawled on walls of Newcastle mosque in 'disgusting' attack

Councillor John-Paul Stephenson, who represents the Heaton ward, said: “This is an outrageous attack on our community. Heaton is well loved for its diversity.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news...astle-15212520

Pathetic. Just pathetic.
Old 1st October 2018, 12:35 AM   #192
Information Analyst
Philosopher

The video was real, don't matter if a truther hosted it. It's on several other channels I just came across that one.
Yes, I think we've established that you're just randomly picking up "evidence" that is mostly misdescribed, selectively and misleadingly edited, or simply not what you claim it is, as this video was.
Information Analyst is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2018, 12:35 AM   #193
fagin
Philosopher

Welcome back.

Edited by zooterkin:  <SNIP>
Edited for rule 12 and rule 0.

Last edited by zooterkin; 4th October 2018 at 10:05 AM.
fagin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2018, 12:36 AM   #194
fagin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Information Analyst View Post
Yes, I think we've established that you're just randomly picking up "evidence" that is mostly misdescribed, selectively and misleadingly edited, or simply not what you claim it is, as this video was.
Yeah, never mind context.
Just sayin'
Old 1st October 2018, 12:39 AM   #195
Information Analyst
Philosopher

Not so subtle anti-semitism.
Obviously so subtle that only you could see it.
Information Analyst is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2018, 12:43 AM   #196
Information Analyst
Philosopher

A "no-go area" (or "no-go zone") is an area in a town barricaded off to civil authorities by a force such as a paramilitary, or an area barred to certain individuals or groups. The term has also been used to refer to areas undergoing insurgency where ruling authorities have lost control and are unable to enforce sovereignty,[1] but also to areas that have a reputation for violence and crime which makes people frightened to go there.[2] Areas with a parallel society with its own laws and which are controlled by violent non-state actors have been described as "no-go zones".[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No-go_area

Preston, Lancashire (read OP)
My brother lived in Preston until a few years ago, and I visited fairly regularly. You are talking utter bollocks.
Old 1st October 2018, 12:55 AM   #197
Information Analyst
Philosopher

"A Lancashire Police officer, who wished to remain anonymous, told MailOnline: 'There are Muslim areas of Preston that, if we wish to patrol, we have to contact local Muslim community leaders to get their permission'. "

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oon-RIGHT.html
"Claims of Muslim ‘no go’ areas in Preston ‘absolute tosh’ say police

The man in charge of Preston police has shot down claims there are Muslim areas of the city seen by officers as “off-limits”.

The Daily Mail has reported that a Lancashire Police officer said: “There are Muslim areas of Preston that, if we wish to patrol, we have to contact local Muslim community leaders to get their permission.”

These claims were then repeated on Sky News, where it was also said officers had to take their uniforms off before going home, because of the fear of attacks. But Chief Superintendent James Lee, South Division Commander for the force, 
said that the remarks were “absolute tosh”.

He said: “I’ve been here 10 years and this has never been the case. “I very much doubt the person quoted by the Daily Mail was a Lancashire police 
officer, because it’s just not true.

“The police have a fantastic relationship with the Muslim community in Preston and we will carry out our work in the area as and when we need to without any problems.” Regarding the uniform claims, Chf Sup Lee said: “It might be the case that some officers want to change before they go home, but it’s certainly not an official order.”

Ali Amla, the founder of Christian Muslim Encounters and Muslims Against Daesh, also slammed the claims as sensationalist and damaging to the city. He said: “This is absolutely absurd. I speak to different members of the constabulary on a regular basis and it’s not the case at all.

“I research radicalisation and I would be the first person to know if there was a problem or any ‘no go areas’. “It’s very damaging to have these things in the national media because it portrays Preston as a hot bed for terrorism when it isn’t.

“As this trickles through it will be picked up by the likes of the English Defence League and the North West Infidels who will think there’s a problem in Preston and want to come back. “We’ve been very lucky here that we’ve only had one EDL demo in 2010 and one this year from the North West Infidels and we don’t want them back. “We need to put the story straight - we have one of the most cohesive communities in Lancashire, and I’m very proud of that.”

Rachel Baines, chairman of Lancashire Police Federation, said: “My feelings are the same as the force on this, there are no such things as ‘no go’ areas for police, certainly in Preston. “I would like to know where this has come from, because I’ve had no officers contacting me with any concerns about it.”

She added: “As for the uniforms, that’s been advice since I joined the police 22 years ago. It’s about officer safety and people who are not happy about the law being enforced, but this is not specifically about the Muslim community.”

The Daily Mail was contacted for a comment, but did not respond."

Wigan Today, 11 December 2015

I chose to believe Chief Superintendent Lee, Ms Baines, and Mr Amla over your anonymous "Lancashire Police officer," who is most likely the product of a London (a long way from Preston) journalist's imagination.
Old 1st October 2018, 01:03 AM   #198
Baylor
Philosopher

Quote:
"Claims of Muslim ‘no go’ areas in Preston ‘absolute tosh’ say police
They said the same thing about Rotherham child rapes. If it weren't the British way to stick your head in the sand and cower in fear over thought of being called "racist," I'd be more inclined to believe you.

Quote:
She added: “As for the uniforms, that’s been advice since I joined the police 22 years ago. It’s about officer safety and people who are not happy about the law being enforced, but this is not specifically about the Muslim community.”
Like clockwork, it's "not about race" or "religion." This is so predictable. It's a shame to see this country has been so brainwashed.
Old 1st October 2018, 01:06 AM   #199
Information Analyst
Philosopher

I didn't know the source of the video nor did I "try to imply" anything, other than British police being incompetent cowards. It's the short version that gets right to the point, UK police suck.
No it doesn't, because the "short version" is a lie.

The police turned up en masse to subdue and arrest an attempted murder suspect, which they managed to do without killing him in less than 30 seconds. Within four minute the suspect and most of the cops had left the scene, leaving only a few amiably chatting with the locals. Maybe that's what offends you so much.
Old 1st October 2018, 01:09 AM   #200
Baylor
Philosopher

5 year old video from CNN depicting Muslims in London enforcing Sharia law to a hapless, emasculated, terrorized British citizenry. Things have gotten much worse in the 5.5 years. "Patrols" like these are more common.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Last edited by Baylor; 1st October 2018 at 01:13 AM.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events