ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 1st October 2018, 10:56 PM   #281
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Baylor, have you ever actually visited the UK?
Old 1st October 2018, 11:08 PM   #282
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Or the planet earth?
Old 2nd October 2018, 12:46 AM   #283
Baylor
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post

You're a fool if you think the Champs are closed off to authorities.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Baylor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2018, 12:49 AM   #284
Information Analyst
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Baylor View Post
Because you weren't in the occupied parts.

"A Lancashire Police officer, who wished to remain anonymous, told MailOnline: 'There are Muslim areas of Preston that, if we wish to patrol, we have to contact local Muslim community leaders to get their permission'. "
As I previously said - and which you ignored - my brother used to live in Preston, and still has friends in the area. You are talking crap.

Quote:
Pakistanis declaring parts of UK as their own. Whatchya gonna Briton? You gonna just take it? I thought so.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
LOL! Loads of gobby youths cock-waving and talking bollocks? Yeah, that's real evidence. Even then, it's fairly obviously that they're reacting to violence being shown to their community in the past. That's a pointless vicious cycle, but it's not what you're trying to present it as.

Oh, and the programme it's lifted from was shown in 2003. The fact that - yet again - you have to reach back so far for you "evidence" shows how thin on the ground it is.
Information Analyst is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2018, 12:52 AM   #285
Information Analyst
Philosopher

There's nothing noble about burying your head in the sand.
There's nothing noble about you falling for the first bigoted lie you see, just because you want to believe it. As I showed, your "evidence" had nothing to do with child grooming, it was just an ordinary street brawl.
Information Analyst is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2018, 12:54 AM   #286
Baylor
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Information Analyst View Post

Oh, and the programme it's lifted from was shown in 2003. The fact that - yet again - you have to reach back so far for you "evidence" shows how thin on the ground it is.
The point was to show that these people are very tribal. And if one group of people is tribal and the other are robust individuals who "value diversity," well the group that's tribal will eventually be able to exert influence over the high-minded individuals.
Baylor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2018, 12:57 AM   #287
Information Analyst
Philosopher

Evil Shariah Rapist Invaders didn't actually invade as much as they were let in by childless EU leaders who have a bizarre, twisted fantasy of making Europe a "multicultural utopia." You should always oppose those who want to shape the world in their image regardless of "what side" of the political aisle you're on.
Wow! It's almost like you haven't got a single clue about the history of Muslim immigration to Europe.
Old 2nd October 2018, 01:00 AM   #288
Arcade22
Illuminator

You should always oppose those who want to shape the world in their image regardless of "what side" of the political aisle you're on.
Like Little Englanders with their fever dream rendition of yolly good old England?
Freedom you all want, you want freedom. Why then do you haggle over a more or less? Freedom can only be the whole of freedom; a piece of freedom is not freedom. You despair of the possibility of obtaining the whole of freedom, freedom from everything - yes, you consider it insanity even to wish this? - Well, then leave off chasing after the phantom, and spend your pains on something better than the - unattainable. - Max Stirner
Arcade22 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2018, 01:00 AM   #289
Baylor
Philosopher

There's nothing noble about you falling for the first bigoted lie you see, just because you want to believe it. As I showed, your "evidence" had nothing to do with child grooming, it was just an ordinary street brawl.
"Street brawls" happen for one reason for the other. It seems to depict an ethnic conflict of some origin.
Old 2nd October 2018, 01:01 AM   #290
Baylor
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Arcade22 View Post
Like Little Englanders with their fever dream rendition of yolly good old England?
Never heard of these people. They're not in power so I'm not concerned one way or the other.
Old 2nd October 2018, 01:15 AM   #291
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Wow! It's almost like you haven't got a single clue about the history of Muslim immigration to Europe.
FTFY
Old 2nd October 2018, 01:19 AM   #292
Information Analyst
Philosopher

I AGREE
LOL! You think that's the Champs-Élysées, just because some lying bigot tells you it is?
Old 2nd October 2018, 01:21 AM   #293
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Never heard of these people. They're not in power so I'm not concerned one way or the other.
So why concerned about your bogeypeople - "they" aren't in power either.
Old 2nd October 2018, 01:27 AM   #294
Information Analyst
Philosopher

The point was to show that these people are very tribal. And if one group of people is tribal and the other are robust individuals who "value diversity," well the group that's tribal will eventually be able to exert influence over the high-minded individuals.
In other words, you're now shifting the goalposts because your outdated nonsense has been called out. You have repeatedly claimed that "things have got worse," but all you can come up with are sporadic historical exceptions.

Here's the real Preston:

I AGREE
Old 2nd October 2018, 01:29 AM   #295
Information Analyst
Philosopher

"Street brawls" happen for one reason for the other. It seems to depict an ethnic conflict of some origin.
What, just because one of the two shirtless guys fighting might be white, and the other maybe not? Still, nothing to do with "child grooming," as your lying bigoted source claimed.

Last edited by Information Analyst; 2nd October 2018 at 01:32 AM.
Old 2nd October 2018, 01:30 AM   #296
Information Analyst
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
FTFY
Yeah, that would work, as well.
Old 2nd October 2018, 01:31 AM   #297
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

LOL! You think that's the Champs-Élysées, just because some lying bigot tells you it is?
Who else is going to buy the nonsense of a lying bigot besides another lying bigot?

Me, I'm a lot more afraid of racists than of Muslims. Racists have done, and continue to do, far more damage to my country.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2018, 01:34 AM   #298
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

All this "childless globalist race traitors" stuff is a little too 'Blut und Boden' for me.
We've had plenty of experience with folks like that over here in Europe, so forgive us for thinking that putting on our jackboots and cleansing our streets of Muslim filth isn't the best way forward...
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2018, 01:35 AM   #299
Baylor
Philosopher

So why concerned about your bogeypeople - "they" aren't in power either.
"Diversity is humanity's destiny. There is not going to be--even in the remotest places--of this planet a nation that will not see diversity in its future. That's where humanity is heading......If we don't get this right, I truly believe, Europe will not remain the place of peace and freedom for very long."

Frans Timmerman*, First Vice President of the European Commission

I AGREE

*His wikipedia page says he has 4 children but certainly the childless leaders of Europe are doing the bidding he described
Old 2nd October 2018, 01:37 AM   #300
Baylor
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
All this "childless globalist race traitors" stuff is a little too 'Blut und Boden' for me.
We've had plenty of experience with folks like that over here in Europe, so forgive us for thinking that putting on our jackboots and cleansing our streets of Muslim filth isn't the best way forward...
Importing them en masse isn't the way forward either.

(Hitler was childless too, just throwing that out there.)
Old 2nd October 2018, 01:42 AM   #301
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Does anyone know whether Baylor has ever visited the UK?
Old 2nd October 2018, 01:42 AM   #302
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Because you weren't in the occupied parts.

"A Lancashire Police officer, who wished to remain anonymous, told MailOnline: 'There are Muslim areas of Preston that, if we wish to patrol, we have to contact local Muslim community leaders to get their permission'. "

Pakistanis declaring parts of UK as their own. Whatchya gonna Briton? You gonna just take it? I thought so.

I AGREE

Which parts?

You do post a load of old bollocks.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2018, 01:44 AM   #303
Baylor
Philosopher

In other words, you're now shifting the goalposts because your outdated nonsense has been called out. You have repeatedly claimed that "things have got worse," but all you can come up with are sporadic historical exceptions.

Here's the real Preston:

I AGREE
Here's the real Britian:

I AGREE
Old 2nd October 2018, 02:16 AM   #304
baron
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Planigale View Post
I hear that certain religious groups that are involved with sexual exploitation of children have succeeded in making part of central Rome a no-go zone where Italian Police can only enter with the permission of religious leaders. Apparently they think that they should not be subject to secular law where it conflicts with their religious beliefs.
Quite right. A despicable situation that continued for decades unchecked, continues to this day, and resulted in tens of thousands of young boys and girls being molested and raped. The perpetrators were shielded by members of their own religious community and the authorities were, in many cases, reluctant to act because of the perceived privileged positions of those involved. It's a decent enough analogy.

So how is it that a person can speak all day about the perversions and sickness of the Catholic hierarchy without fear of controversy, and how come it's seen as a virtuous position to take and one which mainstream media, and leftist opinion, positively courts? Because when a person speaks about the Muslim grooming scandal, which in the UK at least has had a far greater impact, they are jeered at, condemned and called bigots and racists. I've watched a good many debates on the Catholic sex abuse scandal and not once have I seen some self-absorbed joker pop up and say, "Yeah yeah, but what about the Muslims?" to hoots and cheers from his like-minded audience apologists.
Old 2nd October 2018, 02:23 AM   #305
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by baron View Post
...snip...

So how is it that a person can speak all day about the perversions and sickness of the Catholic hierarchy without fear of controversy, and how come it's seen as a virtuous position to take and one which mainstream media, and leftist opinion, positively courts? Because when a person speaks about the Muslim grooming scandal, which in the UK at least has had a far greater impact, they are jeered at, condemned and called bigots and racists. I've watched a good many debates on the Catholic sex abuse scandal and not once have I seen some self-absorbed joker pop up and say, "Yeah yeah, but what about the Muslims?" to hoots and cheers from his like-minded audience apologists.
What followed from that point is a load of crap i.e. a totally factually incorrect summary.
Old 2nd October 2018, 02:36 AM   #306
Information Analyst
Philosopher

Here's the real Britian:

I AGREE
LOL! Racist bigoted fake Christian Jayda Fransen and her EDL cockwombles provoke an argument of their own making.

I could walk down that same street and nobody would give me a second glance.

We are, of course, still waiting to hear which bits of London those of us who actually live there shouldn't be visiting. Go on. I dare you.

Last edited by Information Analyst; 2nd October 2018 at 02:41 AM.
Old 2nd October 2018, 02:40 AM   #307
p0lka
Muse

Here's the real Britian:

I AGREE
That's the EDL isn't it?
They do this deliberately, they tend to announce they are going to march somewhere so that everyone knows they are coming, then they go and piss off ethnic minorities then film and selectively edit the reactions to make themselves look innocent.

If you knew anything about the UK you would know this.

Always check your sources.

Last edited by p0lka; 2nd October 2018 at 02:46 AM.
p0lka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2018, 02:42 AM   #308
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Here's the real Britian:

I AGREE
Think you are being led astray - I can assure you that there are very, very few people in Britain like them, so please don't assume they represent the British.
Old 2nd October 2018, 02:43 AM   #309
Belz...
Fiend God

I AGREE
Dude, stop making arguments via other people's Youtube propaganda.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2018, 02:43 AM   #310
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by p0lka View Post
That's the EDL isn't it?
They do this deliberately, they tend to announce they are going to march somewhere so that everyone knows they are coming, then they go and piss off ethnic minorities everyone then film and selectively edit the reactions to make themselves look innocent.

If you knew anything about the UK you would know this.
FTFY.
Old 2nd October 2018, 02:44 AM   #311
baron
Philosopher

What followed from that point is a load of crap i.e. a totally factually incorrect summary.
I see the standard of debate has not risen out of the gutter.
Old 2nd October 2018, 02:45 AM   #312
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by baron View Post
I see the standard of debate has not risen out of the gutter.
Well you could have tried.
Old 2nd October 2018, 05:36 AM   #313
Greebo
Thinker

Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
I don't know, but based on my knowledge of the parts of the UK for which he claims to be reporting, I give a cautious "No bloody way".
Greebo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2018, 05:44 AM   #314
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Greebo View Post
I don't know, but based on my knowledge of the parts of the UK for which he claims to be reporting, I give a cautious "No bloody way".
I wonder what your less cautious opinion is.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2018, 06:18 AM   #315
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

I'm getting tired of the "apathy is a virtue" sermon. Even the "good muslims" demand political representation. They bring their style of politics into your country. Democracy can't work in a "multicultural" society as it just becomes a racial head count. Labour will continue to bend over backwards to get the "oppressed minorities" vote while disaffected whites will vote Tory but will quickly learn Tories don't have the backbone to stick up for white interestes.

I note that your illustrate your point about uppity Muslims daring to demand political representation and Labour bending over backwards to please minorities with a graph showing Asian immigrants are less likely to vote Labour than average for ethnic minorities.

Fascinating insight. Do carry on.

Last edited by Jack by the hedge; 2nd October 2018 at 06:21 AM.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2018, 06:25 AM   #316
Archie Gemmill Goal
Illuminator

Little Englanders aren't in power??? Have you ever heard of the Conservative and Unionist Party led by a Ms Theresa May?
Old 2nd October 2018, 06:27 AM   #317
Archie Gemmill Goal
Illuminator

Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
Or that notorious violent hellhole Spokane, WA for that matter?
Old 2nd October 2018, 06:34 AM   #318
Archie Gemmill Goal
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
I note that your illustrate your point about uppity Muslims daring to demand political representation and Labour bending over backwards to please minorities with a graph showing Asian immigrants are less likely to vote Labour than average for ethnic minorities.

Fascinating insight. Do carry on.
As a 'disaffected white' I'd like to point out that I have less chance of voting Tory than Baylor does of finding his backside with both hands.

It might also be worth pointing out that non-EU immigrants (i.e. everyone from a majority Muslim country) aren't allowed to vote here until they get citizenship.

As for the democracy doesn't work in a multi-ethnic country BS he would appear to be undermining his own supposed country and arguing that as a descendant of immigrants he shouldn't be allowed representation.
Old 2nd October 2018, 06:39 AM   #319
Salerio
Critical Thinker

I AGREE
That doesn't look like the Champs Elysees. Not withstanding that, there's riots in the middle of Paris every few years when one or more of students, unions, train drivers, taxi drivers, shop workers get "upperty" and complain about the government.

This has been happening since the 60's
Old 2nd October 2018, 07:08 AM   #320
Greebo
Thinker

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
I wonder what your less cautious opinion is.
It would get blocked by the auto censor
Greebo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events