ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 9th October 2018, 08:47 PM   #1
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Babysitting white children while black

So evidently a white woman saw two white children riding in the back seat of a car driven by a black man and decided based solely on this context that there was almost certainly something illegal taking place and her intervention was required; so she followed the car and attempted to confront the black driver repeatedly, eventually demanding to speak to the children and, when this request was denied, calling the police who naturally showed up and questioned the children anyway. The children explained the man was babysitting them and was a known friend of their family; but the officer made them call their parents because I guess they weren't believable.

A longer version of the video with the police interaction is posted on Twitter here.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2018, 12:58 AM   #2
fagin
Philosopher

Next time he should stick them in the boot. Under the radar.
Old 10th October 2018, 01:59 AM   #3
smartcooky
Philosopher

Oh, these comments made me splutter my coffee all over the desk

"Not new. But emboldened because of the Trump Effect".

"Trump Empowerment Syndrome"

Seriously, this woman needs to get a bloody life. I noticed right at the end that baby sitter told the officer that the children's mother is a Lawyer. She ought to sue the arse off that woman for harassing and stalking her kids. It may come to nothing, but at least the woman will have to take the stand and explain to the judge WHY she called the police... embarrass her racist ass in public!

"Lock her up... lock her up"
As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
- Henry Louis Mencken - Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

Last edited by smartcooky; 10th October 2018 at 02:00 AM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2018, 05:27 AM   #4
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

If you can't access the link in the opening post beacuse of legal reasons: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8576821.html
Old 10th October 2018, 05:34 AM   #5
sadhatter
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
So evidently a white woman saw two white children riding in the back seat of a car driven by a black man and decided based solely on this context that there was almost certainly something illegal taking place and her intervention was required; so she followed the car and attempted to confront the black driver repeatedly, eventually demanding to speak to the children and, when this request was denied, calling the police who naturally showed up and questioned the children anyway. The children explained the man was babysitting them and was a known friend of their family; but the officer made them call their parents because I guess they weren't believable.

A longer version of the video with the police interaction is posted on Twitter here.
You realize this happens to men a lot right? Not black men, not gay men or trans men , but simply men in general.

But "guy accused of being 'creepy' and 'gross' " doesn't do much to promote the white straight evil theme so we go with the fact he was black versus actually tackling the issue.

Good job, you feel better and black, Latino, Indian, trans etc. Men still get to deal with the ****.
sadhatter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2018, 06:48 AM   #6
baron
Philosopher

Some years back a friend of mine was driving to work and taking his kid, a young boy, to school along the way. The kid starts to misbehave so my mate stops the car by the side of the road, goes round, gets the kid out and stands him on the verge. He kneels in front of him and says something along the lines of, "If you don't stop acting up we'll sit here on this verge all day." The kid stops blubbing, they get back in the car and the kid's delivered to school, my mate goes to work.

Three hours later several uniformed police enter his place of work. In front of employees and several clients they announce, "We want to speak to X." When asked why, they said loudly, "He's wanted in connection with the abduction of a child." As you can imagine, the place falls silent.

They unceremonious pull my mate into an office and question him for an hour. Apparently some woman had reported him for 'doing things' with a child by the side of the road. When they realised their mistake the police marched out without a word of apology. They never got back in touch.

But you know what is the most bizarre thing about this whole event? My mate is white.
Old 10th October 2018, 06:51 AM   #7
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
Next time he should stick them in the boot. Under the radar.
I don't know if we discussed here on the board or not but there was an incident about a year back or so where a police officer in California stopped and pulled a gun on a man who was putting his two children into the back, rear facing seats in his Tesla Model X because the police officer interpreted it as him putting children in the trunk and mistook it for a kidnapping.

"Stupidity does not cancel out stupidity to yield genius. It breeds like a bucket-full of coked out hamsters." - The Oatmeal
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2018, 06:57 AM   #8
3point14
Pi

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
If you can't access the link in the opening post beacuse of legal reasons: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8576821.html

One day I will come across a newspaper with a website that's sympathetic to people who actually want to read the news.

Today is not that day.
Old 10th October 2018, 08:02 AM   #9
TomB
Critical Thinker

One time, When my daughter was around 6 or 7, I took her to the playground at a nearby school. When it was time to leave, she didn’t want to go, so I picked her up and put her in the car seat.

I turned left out of the lot and a police car did a u-turn and followed me home, pulled in the driveway behind me and turned on the lights. The cop talked to me and then took my daughter aside to interview her by herself.

It doesn’t surprise me that the cops once on scene interviews the kids. I’m not sure the parent call was necessary, but I think the problem is with the woman in this case rather than the police.
TomB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2018, 08:08 AM   #10
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

Originally Posted by sadhatter View Post
You realize this happens to men a lot right? Not black men, not gay men or trans men , but simply men in general.

But "guy accused of being 'creepy' and 'gross' " doesn't do much to promote the white straight evil theme so we go with the fact he was black versus actually tackling the issue.

Good job, you feel better and black, Latino, Indian, trans etc. Men still get to deal with the ****.
The numerous cites you provided in support of your claim were very convincing.
johnny karate is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2018, 08:29 AM   #11
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by baron View Post
Some years back a friend of mine was driving to work and taking his kid, a young boy, to school along the way. The kid starts to misbehave so my mate stops the car by the side of the road, goes round, gets the kid out and stands him on the verge. He kneels in front of him and says something along the lines of, "If you don't stop acting up we'll sit here on this verge all day." The kid stops blubbing, they get back in the car and the kid's delivered to school, my mate goes to work.

Three hours later several uniformed police enter his place of work. In front of employees and several clients they announce, "We want to speak to X." When asked why, they said loudly, "He's wanted in connection with the abduction of a child." As you can imagine, the place falls silent.

They unceremonious pull my mate into an office and question him for an hour. Apparently some woman had reported him for 'doing things' with a child by the side of the road. When they realised their mistake the police marched out without a word of apology. They never got back in touch.

But you know what is the most bizarre thing about this whole event? My mate is white.
I assume he's a man, though?

I'd say men are at much higher risk of being on the receiving end of such treatment. Black men, moreso.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2018, 08:29 AM   #12
CORed
Philosopher

Originally Posted by 3point14 View Post
One day I will come across a newspaper with a website that's sympathetic to people who actually want to read the news.

Today is not that day.
As far as the newspapers are concerned, you're there to read the ads. The news is just the bait to get you to click on the link to the ads. If you're patient enough to close all the popups (and your click or tap isn't a millimeter off so it takes you to the advertiser's site), you get to read the news.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2018, 08:31 AM   #13
Belz...
Fiend God

Ad block.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2018, 10:19 AM   #14
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by sadhatter View Post

Nice try! If one completely ignored the fact that the only context here involves seeing a man driving with children in the car, your post would be a great diversion. As it is, though, your post is nonsense.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2018, 10:23 AM   #15
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

It sounds like they took his word for what happened so, no, it's not that bizarre that he turned out to be white.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2018, 11:34 AM   #16
baron
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Babbylonian View Post
It sounds like they took his word for what happened so, no, it's not that bizarre that he turned out to be white.
Right, and his white privilege also granted him the benefit of being accused of being a suspected child sex predator in front of his workmates and work clients. And if you could just point to the part in the OP where the police didn't believe the black guy and arrested him? I can't seem to find it.
Old 10th October 2018, 11:45 AM   #17
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

Right, and his white privilege also granted him the benefit of being accused of being a suspected child sex predator in front of his workmates and work clients.
Is that what actually happened? He was accused in a way and place that everyone could hear exactly what was being asked? If so, then those were some very crappy cops.

Quote:
And if you could just point to the part in the OP where the police didn't believe the black guy and arrested him? I can't seem to find it.
Why don't you point me to the part in the OP where the fellow did anything remotely suspicious (and stopping by the side of the road to take a kid outside the car for a confrontation is unquestionably weird) besides driving a car.
Old 10th October 2018, 11:57 AM   #18
smartcooky
Philosopher

This situation is absolutely nothing like the one you have related. The woman followed him because, and only because, he was a black man driving a car with white children in the back seat.

Now, if you can point to a case where a white man was driving a car with white children in the back seat (and nothing else other than that happened), and a woman followed them and called the police, I'd like to hear about it.

She should be hammered for making a false complaint to Police - this is not a mistake or a misunderstanding, this is pure racial profiling.

ETA: And I do not blame the cop at all for what happened here. A complaint was made, and he had to follow it up; that is his job. His demeanour showed that he very quickly understood that there was nothing going on here, but he will have had a protocol he must follow, and asking the kids to step out so that he could see they were alright will be part of that. The blame for this lays entirely with the nosey racist bitch.
As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

Last edited by smartcooky; 10th October 2018 at 12:04 PM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2018, 11:58 AM   #19
baron
Philosopher

Is that what actually happened? He was accused in a way and place that everyone could hear exactly what was being asked? If so, then those were some very crappy cops.
Absolutely. But would they have been 'crappy cops' if my mate had been black, or would they have been 'racist cops'?

Why don't you point me to the part in the OP where the fellow did anything remotely suspicious (and stopping by the side of the road to take a kid outside the car for a confrontation is unquestionably weird) besides driving a car.
Weird in what way? Weird in that you don't often see it? Fair enough, if that's your definition of weird. Kind of like two white kids being driven around by a black guy, I don't believe I've ever seen that, so it must be weird.

We have is two stories about two people who did nothing wrong who were treated like suspects by the cops. Yet you refuse to admit that the black person was not treated worse than the white one. Why not just say yes, those are two accounts of poor practice (at best) by the police and leave it at that?
Old 10th October 2018, 12:02 PM   #20
baron
Philosopher

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
This situation is absolutely nothing like the one you have related. The woman followed him because, and only because, he was a black man driving a car with white children in the back seat.

Now, if you can point to a case where a white man was driving a car with two white children in the back seat (and nothing else other than that happened), and a woman followed them and called the police, I'd like to hear about it.
I just gave you a case of a white man talking to a white kid by a roadside. I do apologise that the exact details don't match your 100% ideal analogy

She should be hammered for making a false complaint to Police - this in not a mistake or a misunderstanding, this is pure racial profiling.
What punishment should be meted out to members of the public who indulge in 'racial profiling'? And wait a minute. Does the issue here lie with the woman? That's your take home on this story, that a member of the public did something racist? I'm a bit confused.
Old 10th October 2018, 12:06 PM   #21
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

We have is two stories about two people who did nothing wrong who were treated like suspects by the cops. Yet you refuse to admit that the black person was not treated worse than the white one. Why not just say yes, those are two accounts of poor practice (at best) by the police and leave it at that?
Wrong again. In one case, someone reported what they perceived to be possible child abuse. In the other, someone reported a man was driving with kids in the car. One incident absolutely requires police investigation and one shouldn't involve the police at all. This is true without bringing up the inherent racism of the latter incident.

Last edited by Babbylonian; 10th October 2018 at 12:08 PM.
Old 10th October 2018, 12:10 PM   #22
Belz...
Fiend God

Wrong again. In one case, someone reported what they perceived to be possible child abuse. In the other, someone reported a man was driving with kids in the car. One incident absolutely requires police investigation and one shouldn't involve the police at all.
Wait, how does the perception of abuse arise, already?

Old 10th October 2018, 12:11 PM   #23
baron
Philosopher

Wrong again. In one case, someone reported what they perceived to be possible child abuse.
Talking to a child is possible child abuse? Would you assume that if my mate were black? Of course not, you'd make a thread entitled "Talking to your son whilst black." And what about the way the cops barged into the workplace? I notice you omitted to address that. The cops in the OP shouldn't have interviewed the guy and the kids but overall they seemed to handle it amenably.

In the other, someone reported a man was driving with kids in the car. One absolutely requires police investigation and one shouldn't involve the police at all. This is true without bringing up the inherent racism of the latter incident.
A father talking to his son absolutely requires police investigation? Excuse me?
Old 10th October 2018, 12:13 PM   #24
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

In the case of the black man w/ white kids, I don't think the cop even behaved badly. The person who called them, yes - horrible behavior. But the cops had to respond to the call, and do some due diligence. There's no indication I can see that they overstepped their proper responsibility in the matter.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2018, 12:14 PM   #25
smartcooky
Philosopher

I just gave you a case of a white man talking to a white kid by a roadside. I do apologise that the exact details don't match your 100% ideal analogy
Rolleyes your bloody self

In your case it was clearly an UPSET child, and the he put that UPSET child in the car. Those two things taken together would look suspicious if that was the only part the witness saw. In the case in question nothing else happened, there was no interaction between the children and the driver. The woman thought that white children in the back seat of a car being driven by a black man was of itself, suspicious. That is racist profiling any way you slice it.

What punishment should be meted out to members of the public who indulge in 'racial profiling'?

A very heavy fine for wasting police time

And wait a minute. Does the issue here lie with the woman?
Yes it does. Entirely and wholly

That's your take home on this story, that a member of the public did something racist? I'm a bit confused.
Yes it is.

Obvious racism is obvious (well it is to anyone who it not themselves a racist)

Last edited by smartcooky; 10th October 2018 at 12:15 PM.
Old 10th October 2018, 12:16 PM   #26
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Just when I thought these things couldn't get more ridiculous.

Women is an idiot

TBF I do have some sympathy for the cops in this situation though*. The were onto a lose/lose situation whatever they did.

If they called the woman an idiot, they would look like they are discouraging calling them. If they didn't ring the parents and for some freak reason the kids were harmed they would be accused of not protecting kids

* I can't watch the vid at the mo, so if the cops were jerks to him, forget this post
I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.

Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2018, 12:17 PM   #27
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

*Head desk* What are we arguing about?

A lone man with children are sometimes seen as suspicious? Is anyone arguing that?

A lone black man with white children is going to be seen as extra suspicious? Is anyone arguing that?

"Stupidity does not cancel out stupidity to yield genius. It breeds like a bucket-full of coked out hamsters." - The Oatmeal
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2018, 12:23 PM   #28
Belz...
Fiend God

Hummm... you don't think this could discourage people from reporting things like this for fear that nothing comes out of it and they have to pay?

Old 10th October 2018, 12:29 PM   #29
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

Talking to a child is possible child abuse? Would you assume that if my mate were black? Of course not, you'd make a thread entitled "Talking to your son whilst black." And what about the way the cops barged into the workplace? I notice you omitted to address that.
"Barged in?" Did they break down doors?

The rest of the text in this section is of course not worthy of response, even for the lulz.
Quote:
The cops in the OP shouldn't have interviewed the guy and the kids but overall they seemed to handle it amenably.
That's [shockingly] true.

Quote:
A father talking to his son absolutely requires police investigation? Excuse me?

I didn't say that the perception of the person making the report was correct or even that they were right to call the police. According to the story you've told they weren't correct, and I'm willing to accept that. Regardless, a report of potential child abuse absolutely requires investigation. That you would bring this second-hand story to the thread and then argue otherwise seems beyond ridiculous.
Old 10th October 2018, 12:30 PM   #30
baron
Philosopher

Rolleyes your bloody self

In your case it was clearly an UPSET child, and the he put that UPSET child in the car. Those two things taken together would look suspicious if that was the only part the witness saw.
Yeah, I think you'll find the kid opened the passenger door and got in, as opposed to being hoisted off his feet and crammed into the boot. And have another one of these

In the case in question nothing else happened, there was no interaction between the children and the driver. The woman thought that white children in the back seat of a car being driven by a black man was of itself, suspicious. That is racist profiling any way you slice it.

Wasting police time? Make up your mind. Either the police think it's a credible report, in which case they would be wasting their own time, or they don't, in which case no time is wasted. Or do you propose to heavily fine anybody who even phones the police if their report contains anything that might be considered 'racial profiling'?

Yes it does. Entirely and wholly

Yes it is.

Obvious racism is obvious (well it is to anyone who it not themselves a racist)
Then stop the press! There is a racist in America! OMGZ! I do apologise for suggesting this isn't worth multiple mainstream press news reports.
Old 10th October 2018, 12:34 PM   #31
baron
Philosopher

"Barged in?" Did they break down doors?
No, they barged in.

The rest of the text in this section is of course not worthy of response, even for the lulz.
So you're not going to address it?

That's [shockingly] true.

I didn't say that the perception of the person making the report was correct or even that they were right to call the police. According to the story you've told they weren't correct, and I'm willing to accept that. Regardless, a report of potential child abuse absolutely requires investigation. That you would bring this second-hand story to the thread and then argue otherwise seems beyond ridiculous.
It requires investigation if credible. A woman saying "I saw a man talking to a kid who appeared upset" should not spark the reaction it did. It should not spark any reaction at all. And if the woman was lying then the police should have issued an apology to my mate and everybody in his workplace, and followed it with a formal apology and compensation.
Old 10th October 2018, 12:39 PM   #32
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Hummm... you don't think this could discourage people from reporting things like this for fear that nothing comes out of it and they have to pay?
Probably wouldn't fly, be seen as too much of impedance of "reasonable bystander" sort of thing. We can't have people seeing a potential crime and being afraid to report because they are gonna get a fine if they are wrong.

Now if it can be proved to legal satisfaction it was done with ill intent, then yeah absolutely hammer down.

Old 10th October 2018, 12:46 PM   #33
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

It requires investigation if credible. A woman saying "I saw a man talking to a kid who appeared upset" should not spark the reaction it did. It should not spark any reaction at all. And if the woman was lying then the police should have issued an apology to my mate and everybody in his workplace, and followed it with a formal apology and compensation.
The highlighted is pretty obviously you making a wild assumption. Neither you nor your friend can possibly know what she said when she called the cops, and you can't know that your friend wasn't lying to you about what happened on the side of the road. Maybe the reason a stern talking-to while in the car wasn't sufficient was because your friend wanted to hit the kid.

Last edited by Babbylonian; 10th October 2018 at 12:47 PM.
Old 10th October 2018, 12:51 PM   #34
baron
Philosopher

The highlighted is pretty obviously you making a wild assumption. Neither you nor your friend can possibly know what she said when she called the cops, and you can't know that your friend wasn't lying to you about what happened on the side of the road. Maybe the reason a stern talking-to while in the car wasn't sufficient was because your friend wanted to hit the kid.
I guess you can assume you know my mate of 40 years better than me, and his kids who are now university age, but it doesn't really fly as an argument. It's just a pity for the sake of this thread he isn't black, because I know you wouldn't speculate about him hitting a kid in that case.
Old 10th October 2018, 12:55 PM   #35
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Not sure about an apology, but I tend to agree that some formal clarification to them, as to their actions should be warranted
I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.

Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2018, 12:57 PM   #36
smartcooky
Philosopher

Yeah, I think you'll find the kid opened the passenger door and got in, as opposed to being hoisted off his feet and crammed into the boot.
Most child abductors coax the child into the car, so this is irrelevant.

Wasting police time? Make up your mind. Either the police think it's a credible report, in which case they would be wasting their own time, or they don't, in which case no time is wasted.
Stop making up strawmen. My argument is not with what the Police did, its with what the racist bitch did.

Or do you propose to heavily fine anybody who even phones the police if their report contains anything that might be considered 'racial profiling'?

Lets get to he heart of this:

The woman called Police because she saw something suspicious.
What is it she saw?
Two white children sitting in the back seat of a car being driven by a black man....That is all. That is all she thought was suspicious, nothing else, just that.... and you don't think this is racism?

When you make a FALSE REPORT to Police, there ought to be consequences.

This woman made a false report to Police, based purely on her own racist attitudes... their ought to be consequences for that.

Then stop the press! There is a racist in America! OMGZ! I do apologise for suggesting this isn't worth multiple mainstream press news reports.
Obviously, you are comfortable with racism, and that it should go unchecked, and we should pretend it doesn't exist.

Colour me surprised

Last edited by smartcooky; 10th October 2018 at 01:03 PM.
Old 10th October 2018, 12:59 PM   #37
baron
Philosopher

Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
Not sure about an apology, but I tend to agree that some formal clarification to them, as to their actions should be warranted
The apology would not be for the investigation but for the fact they announced to an entire office full of people that they wanted to speak to X in connection with a child abduction. They didn't even say to him, "Sorry about that," when they left, they just said something along the lines of "OK, we've got all we need for now," and buggered off.
Old 10th October 2018, 01:05 PM   #38
baron
Philosopher

Most child abductors coax the child into the car, so this is irrelevant.
So I guess you're busy reporting every instance of a child getting into a car under the supervision of an adult. Good job 9/11's a free service.

Stop making up strawmen. My argument is not with what the Police did, its with what the racist bitch did.
So she's racist and a bitch? That's an interesting observation. She did this not out of misplaced and admittedly ignorant fear for the kids, but as a way to get at those horrible blacks? Ohhhkay...

When the you make a FALSE REPORT to Police, there ought to be consequences.

This woman made a false report to Police, based purely on her own racist attitudes... their ought to be consequences for that.
I haven't read the report in detail so can you link to the part of it that's false.

Obviously, you are comfortable with racism, and that it should go unchecked, and we should pretend it doesn't exist.

Colour me surprised
Yes, I'm comfortable with racism, yes, it should go unchecked, no, you're not surprised, yes, you can quote me selectively and out of context to project your delusional agenda. (I've found it's easier to just agree with this type of hysterical virtue signalling nonsense else it goes on forever).
Old 10th October 2018, 01:13 PM   #39
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

Wrong again. In one case, someone reported what they perceived to be possible child abuse. In the other, someone reported a man was driving with kids in the car. One incident absolutely requires police investigation and one shouldn't involve the police at all. This is true without bringing up the inherent racism of the latter incident.
Also, one is an actual documented incident and the other is merely anecdotal.
johnny karate is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2018, 01:43 PM   #40
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

She did this not out of misplaced and admittedly ignorant fear for the kids, but as a way to get at those horrible blacks? Ohhhkay...
Since the children never exhibited any signs of distress, that the only thing the woman could have observed that would make her "fear for the kids" was the fact that the driver was black and they weren't is a perfectly reasonable deduction and in fact the most logical based on information in-hand.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events