ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Clinton controversies , hillary clinton

Reply
Old 19th July 2018, 03:26 PM   #441
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
Clueless.
Those are two completely different things. just stop it.
You are correct, one is something that would not possibly happen ever.

the other is the sneering dismissal of 2 dead American Diplomats and 2 others who went to their aid.

"What difference does it make." What a *********** monster.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2018, 03:43 PM   #442
NoahFence
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 22,131
Edited by jsfisher:  Edited for compliance with rules 0 and 12 of the Membership Agreement.

Last edited by jsfisher; 21st July 2018 at 06:41 PM.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2018, 04:21 PM   #443
Tero
Graduate Poster
 
Tero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North American prairie
Posts: 1,705
Yeah, that too.
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2018, 04:29 PM   #444
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
It was the ambassador's own fault for being in benghazi is easily the worst possible take.

Incredible
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2018, 04:29 PM   #445
NoahFence
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 22,131
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
It was the ambassador's own fault for being in benghazi is easily the worst possible take.

Incredible
Who said that now?
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2018, 08:12 PM   #446
Silly Green Monkey
Cowardly Lurking in the Shadows of Greatness
 
Silly Green Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Arizona
Posts: 4,794
Originally Posted by Tero View Post
Wiki:He had served in Libya twice previously: as the Deputy Chief of Mission (from 2007 to 2009) and as Special Representative to the National Transitional Council (from March 2011 to November 2011) during the Libyan revolution. He arrived in Tripoli in May 2012 as the U.S. Ambassador to Libya.[4]

Wiki:Within months of the start of the Libyan revolution in February 2011, the CIA began building a covert presence in Benghazi.[32] During the war, elite counterterrorist operators from U.S. Delta Force were deployed to Libya as analysts, instructing the rebels on specifics about weapons and tactics.[33]:16 Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens was named the first liaison with the Libyan opposition in March 2011.[34] After the end of the war, both the CIA and the U.S. State Department were tasked with continuing to identify and collect arms that had flooded the country during the war, particularly shoulder-fired missiles taken from the arsenal of the Gaddafi regime,[35][36] as well as securing Libyan chemical weapons stockpiles, and helping to train Libya's new intelligence service.[32]

The ambassador undertook all these duties. He was not forced to go to Benghazi, an outpost.
And he would have just loved to have American bombers rush in and murder his friends and the first responders. Definitely a fitting end to his career building bridges between nations.
__________________
Normal is just a stereotype.

Last edited by Silly Green Monkey; 19th July 2018 at 08:13 PM.
Silly Green Monkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2018, 10:02 PM   #447
Bob001
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,539
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
You are correct, one is something that would not possibly happen ever.

the other is the sneering dismissal of 2 dead American Diplomats and 2 others who went to their aid.

"What difference does it make." What a *********** monster.

You're being dishonest if you claim she sneered at the deaths of four Americans. She was being badgered at length about whether it was one group or another that killed them. The full quote is:
Quote:
Clinton: With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided that they’d they go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator. Now, honestly, I will do my best to answer your questions about this, but the fact is that people were trying in real time to get to the best information. The IC has a process, I understand, going with the other committees to explain how these talking points came out. But you know, to be clear, it is, from my perspective, less important today looking backwards as to why these militants decided they did it than to find them and bring them to justice, and then maybe we’ll figure out what was going on in the meantime.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...nce-does-it-m/

Your twist is typical Repubspeak.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2018, 11:37 PM   #448
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning
 
a_unique_person's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Waiting for the pod bay door to open.
Posts: 41,569
I thought Hillary was done.
__________________
Continually pushing the boundaries of mediocrity.
Everything is possible, but not everything is probable.
“Perception is real, but the truth is not.” - Imelda Marcos
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 12:26 AM   #449
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator
 
Foolmewunz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pattaya, Thailand
Posts: 41,468
Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
I thought Hillary was done.
Not as a horcrux. Certain deep thinkers need somewhere to focus their hate. And lies. Let's not forget lies. Lest you think this will ever end, think of the Taft Republicans and the Birchers. They were still checking FDRs gravesite to make sure the earth hadn't been disturbed for twenty-five years after his death.

Think of Hillary as their Nixon.
__________________
Ha! Foolmewunz has just been added to the list of people who aren't complete idiots. Hokulele

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 06:51 AM   #450
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
I thought Hillary was done.
she is, and yet she continues to spew hypocritical nonsense
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 06:52 AM   #451
NoahFence
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 22,131
Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
Who said that now?
Oh look! An open question of a resident trump voter that's being ignored.

TOTALLY didn't see that coming.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 06:53 AM   #452
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
You're being dishonest if you claim she sneered at the deaths of four Americans. She was being badgered at length about whether it was one group or another that killed them. The full quote is:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...nce-does-it-m/

Your twist is typical Repubspeak.
her entire statement was a lie, she didn't think it was important to do anything but get *********** elected because she refused to voluntarily cooperate with the investigations.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 06:55 AM   #453
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by Tero View Post
We did not need a consulate there. All matters on Libya could have been handled via Tripoli.

Wiki:He had served in Libya twice previously: as the Deputy Chief of Mission (from 2007 to 2009) and as Special Representative to the National Transitional Council (from March 2011 to November 2011) during the Libyan revolution. He arrived in Tripoli in May 2012 as the U.S. Ambassador to Libya.[4]

Wiki:Within months of the start of the Libyan revolution in February 2011, the CIA began building a covert presence in Benghazi.[32] During the war, elite counterterrorist operators from U.S. Delta Force were deployed to Libya as analysts, instructing the rebels on specifics about weapons and tactics.[33]:16 Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens was named the first liaison with the Libyan opposition in March 2011.[34] After the end of the war, both the CIA and the U.S. State Department were tasked with continuing to identify and collect arms that had flooded the country during the war, particularly shoulder-fired missiles taken from the arsenal of the Gaddafi regime,[35][36] as well as securing Libyan chemical weapons stockpiles, and helping to train Libya's new intelligence service.[32]

The ambassador undertook all these duties. He was not forced to go to Benghazi, an outpost.
Originally Posted by Silly Green Monkey View Post
And he would have just loved to have American bombers rush in and murder his friends and the first responders. Definitely a fitting end to his career building bridges between nations.
Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
Oh look! An open question of a resident trump voter that's being ignored.

TOTALLY didn't see that coming.
Totally didn't see you not reading the thread
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 07:11 AM   #454
NoahFence
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 22,131
Curiously the word "fault" doesn't appear in any post on this page except for where you put words in someone else's mouth.

Totally didn't see that coming.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 09:07 AM   #455
Bob001
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,539
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
her entire statement was a lie, she didn't think it was important to do anything but get *********** elected because she refused to voluntarily cooperate with the investigations.

How many investigations were there? Over how many years? How many days did she testify to Congress? What do you think is the lie? Do you claim she sent Americans to their deaths, or she protected their killers, or what?
Quote:
There were ten investigations into the Benghazi matter: one by the FBI; one by an independent board commissioned by the State Department; two by Democrat-controlled Senate Committees; and six by Republican-controlled House Committees. After the first five Republican investigations found no evidence of wrongdoing by senior Obama administration officials, Republicans in 2014 opened a sixth investigation, the House Select Committee on Benghazi, chaired by Trey Gowdy. This investigation also failed to find any evidence of wrongdoing by senior Obama administration officials. A possible political motive for the investigation was revealed on September 29, 2015, when Republican House majority leader Kevin McCarthy, then vying to become Speaker of the House, told Sean Hannity on Fox News that the investigation was part of a "strategy to fight and win,' adding "Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right? But we put together a Benghazi special committee, a select committee. What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping."[249][250]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Benghazi_attack

Oh, and you forgot to chant "But, but .... Benghazi!"
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 02:19 PM   #456
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
How many investigations were there? Over how many years? How many days did she testify to Congress? What do you think is the lie? Do you claim she sent Americans to their deaths, or she protected their killers, or what?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Benghazi_attack

Oh, and you forgot to chant "But, but .... Benghazi!"
Pro tip, don’t cite wikipedia where the cites it rely on don’t support the claim made.

Just basic skepticism.

(They set up the select committee because the Obama/Clinton cabal were caught deliberately hiding evidence from the other committees)
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 02:42 PM   #457
NoahFence
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 22,131
Cabal...

NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 05:34 PM   #458
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator
 
Foolmewunz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pattaya, Thailand
Posts: 41,468
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Pro tip, don’t cite wikipedia where the cites it rely on don’t support the claim made.

Just basic skepticism.

(They set up the select committee because the Obama/Clinton cabal were caught deliberately hiding evidence from the other committees)
Bu... bu... Benghazi! They set up the committee so they could go on a Star Chamber fishing expedition and keep the issue in the headlines during the election cycle. You know it, I know it, Clinton knows it and Gowdy knows it.

But it was worth it. How else would we have known what time Hillary was arriving in the Hamptons?
__________________
Ha! Foolmewunz has just been added to the list of people who aren't complete idiots. Hokulele

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 05:54 PM   #459
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing
 
PhantomWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,207
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
You are correct, one is something that would not possibly happen ever.

the other is the sneering dismissal of 2 dead American Diplomats and 2 others who went to their aid.

"What difference does it make." What a *********** monster.
Perhaps you can actually answer her question instead of spewing ad hominems. At the point where the DoS and FBI were dealing with four dead Americans, exactly what difference did it make it if was because of a protest, or if it was because of guys out for a walk one night who decided that they’d like to go kill some Americans? How would it have changed things?
__________________

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 06:09 PM   #460
NoahFence
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 22,131
Trying to get TBD to answer that?

Good luck
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 06:38 PM   #461
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
Perhaps you can actually answer her question instead of spewing ad hominems. At the point where the DoS and FBI were dealing with four dead Americans, exactly what difference did it make it if was because of a protest, or if it was because of guys out for a walk one night who decided that they’d like to go kill some Americans? How would it have changed things?
Are you serious?

It wasn’t a protest, it was not a bunch of guys out for a walk one night.

It was a well planned terrorist attack.

And the person ultimately responsible for the security sneered out that dismissive nonsense.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 07:01 PM   #462
Mycroft
High Priest of Ed
 
Mycroft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 19,703
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post

And the person ultimately responsible for the security sneered out that dismissive nonsense.
The full quote is not dismissive as you claim it is.
Mycroft is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 07:11 PM   #463
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
The full quote is not dismissive as you claim it is.
I just explained how it was.

She gave two options, both of which she knew were false.

Let’s walk through that.

Was it a protest, a bunch of guys walking around, or a terrorist attack. What difference does it make?
Hillary, it would make a huge difference if it was a terrorist attack. What the **** is wrong with you?
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 08:09 PM   #464
Border Reiver
Philosopher
 
Border Reiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,665
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Are you serious?

It wasn’t a protest, it was not a bunch of guys out for a walk one night.

It was a well planned terrorist attack.

And the person ultimately responsible for the security sneered out that dismissive nonsense.
Your argument here is the equivalent of blaming General Marshall for the loss at Kasserine Pass, and then rehashing the AAR for the next 6 years....

At some point, it's time to move on.
__________________
Questions, comments, queries, bitches, complaints, rude gestures and/or remarks?
Border Reiver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 08:09 PM   #465
Bob001
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,539
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
I just explained how it was.

She gave two options, both of which she knew were false.

Let’s walk through that.

Was it a protest, a bunch of guys walking around, or a terrorist attack. What difference does it make?
Hillary, it would make a huge difference if it was a terrorist attack. What the **** is wrong with you?

Do you claim Clinton had some advance knowledge of this attack that she concealed? Or do you claim that she should have known? Did she order the ambassador to go to the consulate against his will? Or what? Maybe the big Republican cuts in spending for embassy security were a factor, too?

Quote:
For the past two years, House Republicans have continued to deprioritize the security forces protecting State Department personnel around the world. In fiscal year 2011, lawmakers shaved $128 million off of the administration’s request for embassy security funding. House Republicans drained off even more funds in fiscal year 2012 — cutting back on the department’s request by $331 million.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...n_1954912.html

Quote:
Investigators looking for lessons from the fatal terrorist attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi might want to start on Capitol Hill, where Congress slashed spending on diplomatic security and U.S. embassy construction over the past two years.

Since 2010, Congress cut $296 million from the State Department’s spending request for embassy security and construction, with additional cuts in other State Department security accounts, according to an analysis by a former appropriations committee staffer.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-state-depart/

Ten separate investigations by the FBI, the State Dept., the Senate and the House found no wrongdoing by Clinton. What is your specific allegation? (Oh, and "But...but Benghazi!")

Last edited by Bob001; 20th July 2018 at 08:11 PM.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 08:12 PM   #466
gregthehammer
Muse
 
gregthehammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 603
Must..Lock...Her...Up
gregthehammer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 08:18 PM   #467
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing
 
varwoche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Puget Sound
Posts: 13,832
Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
The full quote is not dismissive as you claim it is.
Actually that was one of those semi-rare moments when I liked what she said and how she said it. Of course, I didn't interpret her the same way as TBD.
__________________
To survive election season on a skeptics forum, one must understand Hymie-the-Robot.
varwoche is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 08:19 PM   #468
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by Border Reiver View Post
Your argument here is the equivalent of blaming General Marshall for the loss at Kasserine Pass, and then rehashing the AAR for the next 6 years....

At some point, it's time to move on.
She slurred out that nonsense less than six MONTHS after the attack.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 08:25 PM   #469
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing
 
PhantomWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,207
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Are you serious?

It wasn’t a protest, it was not a bunch of guys out for a walk one night.

It was a well planned terrorist attack.

And the person ultimately responsible for the security sneered out that dismissive nonsense.
Again, you haven't answered the question, you are just being snarky.

At the point that four Americans were dead, what did it matter the initial reasons that was given to the American public? What difference did it make what the cause of it was? How did it make any difference whatsoever?
__________________

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 08:33 PM   #470
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
Again, you haven't answered the question, you are just being snarky.

At the point that four Americans were dead, what did it matter the initial reasons that was given to the American public? What difference did it make what the cause of it was? How did it make any difference whatsoever?
Because knowing the cause, motive, support and planning of the terrorist is absolutely essential to convicting the people responsible and preventing future attacks

If you cannot tell the difference between two lies and a terrorist attack, there are simply no words that I will be able to present that will convince you. Good luck, Hillary in 2016!
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 08:43 PM   #471
NoahFence
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 22,131
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Because knowing the cause, motive, support and planning of the terrorist is absolutely essential to convicting the people responsible and preventing future attacks
In the unlikely event that you're interested in more than a talking point:

The above quote is about the future, beyond that night. How do we prevent this from happening again, how do we find who is responsible, etc...


The question she responded to had to do with actions prior to, or immediately after the attack. Why didn't we prevent this, what happened, etc.

Basically the line that has you so flustered doesn't go with why it upsets you. The only possible explanation for that is that you have preconceived bias against Hillary.

He man woman hater?
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 08:50 PM   #472
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
“How do we find out who is responsible.”
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 08:55 PM   #473
Bob001
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,539
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Because knowing the cause, motive, support and planning of the terrorist is absolutely essential to convicting the people responsible and preventing future attacks
....

And Clinton said:
Quote:
It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...nce-does-it-m/

Gee, it sounds like you and Clinton are on the same page!
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 09:04 PM   #474
NoahFence
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 22,131
dupe...
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 09:06 PM   #475
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
And Clinton said:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...nce-does-it-m/

Gee, it sounds like you and Clinton are on the same page!
She knew it wasn’t a protest (or a bunch of guys out walking around) when Rice went out and lied about it, and she went out and repeated those lies, while also knowing that the state department and the Obama administration were with holding documents from Congress that showed that fact when she said it.

So, no, not on the same page.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 09:08 PM   #476
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing
 
PhantomWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,207
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Because knowing the cause, motive, support and planning of the terrorist is absolutely essential to convicting the people responsible and preventing future attacks
Exactly how does the US Public not being told in the first few days that it was definitely a terrorist attack and not from a protest make any difference to convicting the people responsible and preventing future attacks?

Surely this part is the bit that does that... "It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator."
__________________

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 09:16 PM   #477
NoahFence
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 22,131
You're completely misinterpreting the testimony.

Whether or not it's on purpose only you know.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 09:17 PM   #478
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
Exactly how does the US Public not being told in the first few days that it was definitely a terrorist attack and not from a protest make any difference to convicting the people responsible and preventing future attacks?

Surely this part is the bit that does that... "It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator."
But they were told it was a protest, which was false, and they knew it was false, and it was not the “first few days.” In fact, on September 16, rice contradicted the Libyan President to repeat the lie, and it was not acknowledged that there were no protests until nearly a month later.

So they lied and pissed off the Libyan government to maintain their political cover

Last edited by The Big Dog; 20th July 2018 at 09:20 PM.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 09:37 PM   #479
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator
 
Foolmewunz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pattaya, Thailand
Posts: 41,468
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
“How do we find out who is responsible.”
Ooh, I know! We'll launch five separate Congressional investigations and when each one doesn't come back "Hill Dawg Done It" we'll launch a sixth... but not a seventh because, well, she's lost the election and we don't care since it was never about finding out how to prevent attacks or bringing the perps to justice.

'Cuz you realize that's what your vaunted committees were doing. They were not after the causes or looking to prosecute the perps. They wanted a Democratic hide to hang from a lamp post. When you've got GOP Congresspersons bragging to Sean Hannity that that's what it was all about, pretending that it was moral outrage and patriotism is nonsense.

Six Congressional committees. One after the other concluded that they couldn't locate any evidence of Administration wrongdoing, well the honorable (sic) Republicans then apologized and said that this was Democracy in action and now we're assured of our country's best interests.

Ha ha! Sure they did. (Trump: Oh, did I say did? I meant to say didn't.) No, they formed another committee and another and another. And still, up to the sixth committee the best they got was a fuzzy memo from someone at State that barely sounded like "the attacks" (because to Republicans, see, the code word for "attacks" is actually "demonstrations". You just have to think like a palsied conservative.

You don't care what happened before Benghazi. Nor do your heroes at Judicial Watch or the Republican in the US Congress. Where's their new committee? They've got control of all four pertinent bodies: The White House, the House, the Senate and the Supreme Court. So why not finally have an unhampered (as though the previous six weren't) investigation?

Why not? Because it was political. They're too busy trying to frame the FBI and "The Deep State" for all of the party leader's disastrous behavior.
__________________
Ha! Foolmewunz has just been added to the list of people who aren't complete idiots. Hokulele

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 09:47 PM   #480
Mycroft
High Priest of Ed
 
Mycroft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 19,703
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
I just explained how it was.

She gave two options, both of which she knew were false.

Let’s walk through that.

Was it a protest, a bunch of guys walking around, or a terrorist attack. What difference does it make?
Hillary, it would make a huge difference if it was a terrorist attack. What the **** is wrong with you?
Did you miss where I said the full quote? Because yeah, if you slice off the part that comes after, it sounds more dismissive than if you don't, but that would be dishonest.
Mycroft is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:00 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.