ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , lying charges , Russia conspiracies , Trump controversies , Trump-Russia connections , US-Russia relations , vladimir putin

Old 11th December 2019, 06:00 AM   #881
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by W.D.Clinger View Post
Did you misspell "Rick Gates"?
An easy mistake to make. "Rick Gates" and "Carter Page" are, after all, right next to each other on the keyboard.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2019, 01:17 PM   #882
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by W.D.Clinger View Post
Did you misspell "Rick Gates"?

According to the article you linked, it was Rick Gates who was offered money, not Carter Page.

Did you misspell "toady"?
"Toady" is a much better description.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2019, 05:17 PM   #883
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov:
Quote:
We have highlighted once again that all speculation about our alleged interference in domestic processes in the US are baseless. There are no facts that would support that ...no one has given us this proof because it simply does not exist
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2019, 05:26 PM   #884
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov Trump and the GOP:
Quote:
We have highlighted once again that all speculation about our alleged interference in domestic processes in the US are baseless. There are no facts that would support that ...no one has given us this proof because it simply does not exist
FTFY
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th December 2019, 10:33 AM   #885
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Russian State TV have called Trump their "agent" and Russian foreign minister Sergey Lavrov Trump's "Puppet Master"

They also joked about offering Trump asylum in Russia once he leaves office.
Old 19th December 2019, 03:57 PM   #886
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

From: https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/19/polit...ter/index.html
The Trump administration is pushing back on a wide-ranging piece of legislation meant to deter and punish Russian aggression and its interference in the 2016 election. In a 22-page letter to Congress dated Tuesday, a senior State Department official outlined a series of concerns about the bill, calling it "unnecessary" and in need of "significant changes."...The Daily Beast was the first to report on the contents of the letter, sent exactly a week after Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov met with President Donald Trump in the Oval Office.
the administration opposes the bill because it "risks crippling the global energy, commodities, financial and other markets." A bipartisan group of senators, including Trump ally Sen. Lindsey Graham, introduced the "DASKA" bill...

Looks like Putin really got his money's worth with Trump.

I guess the question is, just how dishonest were the Republican congress-critters who supported this bill? After all, I can't see them getting behind a bill that would harm their chances in future elections. Were they just assuming Trump would veto it, and they can go to their constituents and claim "see? I tried to protect us from Russia".

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2019, 09:36 PM   #887
Bob001
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
Looks like Putin really got his money's worth with Trump.

And then some. Trump thinks Ukraine worked against him because Putin told him so.
Quote:
One former senior White House official said Trump even stated so explicitly at one point, saying he knew Ukraine was the real culprit because “Putin told me.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...1a9_story.html
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2020, 11:57 AM   #888
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

https://twitter.com/robertjdenault/s...04094136672262

Quote:
BREAKING: A Whistleblower told the FBI that Trump’s Deutsche Bank loans were backed by Russian state-owned bank, VTB Bank. VTB was proposed lender for Trump Tower Moscow and allegedly funded the Rosneft Deal. New docs show deep ties between Deutsche + VTB.
Article embedded in tweet. The site keeps going down so here is a duplicate.
Old 3rd January 2020, 12:31 PM   #889
carlitos
"más divertido"

I'm happy to see some light being shed on the Deutsche Bank shenanigans.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics