ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Deep State conspiracies , QAnon

Old Today, 01:53 AM   #721
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Some say they know Q is a hoax. Some disagree. I think that this cannot be known, yet.

I'm still on the fence hence I apply the term 'pseudoskeptic' to those saying they know Q is a hoax. The more confidently they sling it around the room, the less they seem a skeptic, to me.

Knowing what is knowable is of course the question.

Where those showing a predisposed (political) notion, such as (in this thread) disparaging the right and alt-right indicate defense of a preconceived ideological position, they get extra pseudoskeptic red flags IMO.
Then show those horrid pseudoskeptics how it's done. Check it for yourself.
Have you contacted NBC yet?
Old Today, 06:44 AM   #722
SuburbanTurkey
Muse

Some say they know Q is a hoax. Some disagree. I think that this cannot be known, yet.

I'm still on the fence hence I apply the term 'pseudoskeptic' to those saying they know Q is a hoax. The more confidently they sling it around the room, the less they seem a skeptic, to me.

Where those showing a predisposed (political) notion, such as (in this thread) disparaging the right and alt-right indicate defense of a preconceived ideological position, they get extra pseudoskeptic red flags IMO.

It's Russel's teapot. Q's authenticity is a totally unverifiable claim. Asserted without evidence, or even the chance of collecting evidence, it can be dismissed without evidence.
Old Today, 07:37 AM   #723
sts60
Illuminator

Bubba, you’re not fooling anyone. At all. You’d get more respect if you simply owned your investment in “Q” claims, rather than this utterly transparent JAQing morality play of yours. Even the thread participants who are unfamiliar with your many previous iterations of the same script see through you.

I have to admit, though, your scolding of other people for their political biases is pretty funny. It’s not really a new plot element, of course, but it’s a nice variation on one of your favorite cliches.
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 09:43 AM   #724
Bubba
Master Poster

Originally Posted by sts60 View Post
Bubba, you’re not fooling anyone. At all. You’d get more respect if you simply owned your investment in “Q” claims, rather than this utterly transparent JAQing morality play of yours. Even the thread participants who are unfamiliar with your many previous iterations of the same script see through you.

I have to admit, though, your scolding of other people for their political biases is pretty funny. It’s not really a new plot element, of course, but it’s a nice variation on one of your favorite cliches.

Already did.

I'll say it again. Just for Jets.

Quote:
I know this Q business could be a hoax, and I hope it is not a hoax.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 09:51 AM   #725
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

If in fact one cannot know whether or not Q is a hoax, then I would suggest the skeptical viewpoint is that it is thus impossible to know without information from some other source whether or not anything Q says is true, and the only rational action is to base one's judgment only on other sources, since Q is functionally worthless whether true or false.

I do not know what a "pseudoskeptic" is in its usual usage as a construction of credulous right-wingers, but I would suggest that a pseudoskeptic is likely the opposite of that - a person who believes that the very lack of verifiability entitles even the most nonsensical ideas to serious consideration.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 09:56 AM   #726
Bubba
Master Poster

Quote:
Posted by sts60 View Post

if you simply owned your investment in “Q” claims,

Better yet, if you compose my confession as you deem it should sound, in your words, to your complete satisfaction, I will sign it if it is accurate.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 09:58 AM   #727
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Confirmation bias as determining factor and we're the "pseudoskeptics?"

My prediction is that Commandante Boor-O will be saying "good morning" to a judge before any of the individuals in the imaginary indictments will.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 10:52 AM   #728
Bubba
Master Poster

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
If in fact one cannot know whether or not Q is a hoax, then I would suggest the skeptical viewpoint is that it is thus impossible to know without information from some other source whether or not anything Q says is true, and the only rational action is to base one's judgment only on other sources, since Q is functionally worthless whether true or false.

I do not know what a "pseudoskeptic" is in its usual usage as a construction of credulous right-wingers, but I would suggest that a pseudoskeptic is likely the opposite of that - a person who believes that the very lack of verifiability entitles even the most nonsensical ideas to serious consideration.

There are other definitions as well.

Whats your take on Q ?

Hoax?
Real?
Cannot know ?

Are there other possible answers in addition to those three ?

Last edited by Bubba; Today at 10:53 AM.
Old Today, 11:00 AM   #729
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

I don't need to step in a pile of **** to recognize it.

BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 11:08 AM   #730
Bubba
Master Poster

Originally Posted by bruto View Post

Agreed.

Among 'other sources'.......

How to know which of 'other sources' are opinion vs fact ?
How to know which can be known to be who they say they are?

Either of those two questions can be tricky.

Q followers seek so called "proofs" of Q authenticity, often around the letter Q being the 17th in the alphabet. Like 17 seconds between posts/tweets made by Q and Trump on a singe topic, sometimes matching words or a matching typo 17 seconds apart (a general example).

They measure Q authenticity in terms of how they can link Q to Trump since they believe Q either is;

* a person or a team working with Trump,

* or Trump himself (maybe with someone taking dictation?)

Lets ask the (now troubled) google for a list of Q proofs:
Search term:
list "proofs" of Q authenticity.

Well my goodness...apparently that number 17 thing is just one of many other types of so called 'proofs'.

Here are #1 and #2 search results...looks like a lot. I haven't read them.

Quote:
#QANON PROOFS | Archive of Q Proofs, Maps and Graphics
https://qanonproofs.com/

This website serves to archive the best proofs and graphics to establish the authenticity of #QANON. Should the Lights Go Out – We Are In Control – Q Proof.

Quote:
What if #Q, #QAnon and #TheGreatAwakening are Real? - Heroes ...
https://www.heroesmediagroup.com/wha...ning-are-real/

Jul 28, 2018 - Pub , a site that lists every single “data dump” that Q has posted since ... Qmap.pub , check out this “Q Proofs” video by Praying Medic on YouTube (the same .... but they've never come out to say the emails were not authentic.

Surely some will be sillier than others. All are coincidences. This will be fun.

Last edited by Bubba; Today at 11:10 AM.
Old Today, 11:27 AM   #731
Bubba
Master Poster

Finally!
Incontrovertible proof that Q is for real:

Quote:
Earth is Not Flat
Q
!!
Quote:
Anonymous
12 Dec 2018 - 2:10:19 PM
>>4281410
Just to shut the Flat Earthers up Q,
Is the Earth flat?
>>4281479
No.
Q

Kidding aside....

Several posts dated 12 Dec addressed some interesting topics...sorta like a Q&A session. Much less cryptic than those which some here claim to have difficulty comprehending...Go weigh them for yourselves...

https://qmap.pub/
Old Today, 11:30 AM   #732
Bubba
Master Poster

Time will tell how “Explosive” this actually is.

Clinton Whistleblowers: Thursday’s Public Hearing to Reveal “Explosive” Information

https://saraacarter.com/clinton-whis...e-information/
Old Today, 11:32 AM   #733
Bubba
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Then show those horrid pseudoskeptics how it's done. Check it for yourself.
Have you contacted NBC yet?

What is Operation Mockingbird's new name ?
Old Today, 11:59 AM   #734
Imhotep
Muse

What is Operation Mockingbird's new name ?
Laziness & The AP Wire
Imhotep is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:18 PM   #735
Bubba
Master Poster

By the way.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
Nobody cares what the free-range mentally ill are posting online.

It is now December 11. Where are all of those indictments that were supposed to drain the swamp last week?

Not even close.

Quote:
posted by cosmic yak

Posted by Bubba View Post
Quote:
Ooopsie

Who else incorrectly assumed the meaning of Q's D5?
Just the people you've been quoting in your posts.
The ones Axxman300 was talking about.
Other than that, absolutely no-one, because no-one cares what the idiots you keep quoting say. They are delusional simpleton s, and not worth the effort.

Originally Posted by BStrong View Post

Quote:
Posted by Bubba View Post
Someone is thinking, at least.

Thats a very good guess....Makes sense. Try again. Its fairly common, and most appropriate in Q's game.

Q's coding does encourage thinking.
My bet is that it's a reference to this:

https://www.cat.com/en_US/products/n...000001276.html

At least that's what comes to mind for me when the term "D5" is mentioned.

Thinking, anyway.

Years ago a friend let me drive his D9 on old lava, ripping it up for homesites, with the one tooth claw in back. Awesome power.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The D5 thing was not Dec 5.

D5 referred to a chess move.

At that time Trump was 'playing chess' with some deep state parties.

Last edited by Bubba; Today at 12:20 PM.
Old Today, 12:30 PM   #736
Imhotep
Muse

So which piece moved to D5? Normally it would be indicated, unless perhaps it was the only piece capable of moving there.
Imhotep is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:32 PM   #737
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by Imhotep View Post
So which piece moved to D5? Normally it would be indicated, unless perhaps it was the only piece capable of moving there.
The King. You could tell because it was two checkers high.

ETA: Or it may have been the shoe...or the racecar...

Last edited by Hellbound; Today at 12:33 PM.
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:35 PM   #738
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

snipped associated nonsense

The D5 thing was not Dec 5.

The D5 is a reference to the mechanical device needed to move the pile of ******** this character has created.

I doubt the Commandante knows how to play checkers, let alone chess.

Old Today, 12:38 PM   #739
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
The D5 is a reference to the mechanical device needed to move the pile of ******** this character has created.

You forget, he's the smartest person anywhere. Just ask him. He knows how to play chess, he just plays with his gut. He always takes their Pointy guy with his Horsie. And then gets a chance to spin the wheel to start the Mouse Trap.

Last edited by Hellbound; Today at 12:39 PM.
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:54 PM   #740
Mycroft
High Priest of Ed

Whats your take on Q ?
Me personally?

It's silly nonsense that grown-ups should be ashamed if they take it seriously.
Mycroft is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:18 PM   #741
Axxman300
Illuminator

How to know which of 'other sources' are opinion vs fact ?
How to know which can be known to be who they say they are?

Either of those two questions can be tricky.
Neither question is tricky in any way.

Credible stories are confirmed by a minimum of three independent sources. If the reporter is lucky there are also official documents too.

Opinion is easy to spot even when presented in the body of a news story (and yes, even a good reporter can slant a news story).

Fox News does this all the time using these key phrases:

Experts tell us/Experts say

People say

Research shows

Survey's say

No source or names are ever cited, and these phrases are used to paint the story with false credibility.

This is different than slating a story. The best example I can think of came from a local newspaper back in the 1970's after another fire on Cannery Row where they quoted the usual fire department and police sorces, but also quoted a pair of "onlookers" who were watching the fire from down the block. These onlookers were local "business men", and they said things like "hate to see the old place go up like this", followed by "good thing nobody was hurt though". The fire wasn't out when they made their statement to the reporter, how would they know they building was empty? If you can read you know what the slant to this story is, and the newspaper and reporter are covered because they didn't come right out and point a finger.

The fire was arson, and nobody was ever arrested for it BTW.

Quote:
Q followers seek so called "proofs" of Q authenticity, often around the letter Q being the 17th in the alphabet. Like 17 seconds between posts/tweets made by Q and Trump on a singe topic, sometimes matching words or a matching typo 17 seconds apart (a general example).
Which is crap. We see this with every conspiracy theory from UFO's to the Illuminati.

Trump can't count to 17.

Quote:
They measure Q authenticity in terms of how they can link Q to Trump since they believe Q either is;

* a person or a team working with Trump,

* or Trump himself (maybe with someone taking dictation?)
Actually possible. Q is a moron.

Quote:
Lets ask the (now troubled) google for a list of Q proofs:
Search term:
list "proofs" of Q authenticity.

Well my goodness...apparently that number 17 thing is just one of many other types of so called 'proofs'.
You don't know how Google works.

Quote:
Here are #1 and #2 search results...looks like a lot. I haven't read them.
Of course you haven't read them. Why would a CTist read something before posting it here?
Old Today, 01:46 PM   #742
Whip
Graduate Poster

as long as it's not a fifth installment of a mighty ducks movie.
Whip is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:48 PM   #743
Imhotep
Muse

Bubba, time to bust out your skeptic prowess and take it for a spin:

If Q's predictions continue to be inaccurate, why would the identity of Q matter?
Old Today, 01:49 PM   #744
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Whats your take on Q ?

Hoax?
Real?
Cannot know ?

Are there other possible answers in addition to those three ?
Of course there are sort of other answers, in that Q could be partly true and partly false, which is a little different ontologically from the third option, though not practically. Or it could be false not from intentional hoaxing but through error and stupidity, which is a little different in some way from the options given but practically not.

But my take on Q is what I just said above: if (as you contend, in case you've forgotten doing it or decided to disavow it) you can't know, then it doesn't matter anyway. A prophecy you can't trust until it's too late is inherently worthless.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:28 PM   #745
sts60
Illuminator

Time will tell how “Explosive” this actually is.

Clinton Whistleblowers: Thursday’s Public Hearing to Reveal “Explosive” Information..,
We’ll achieve peak Bubba when we get scolded for assuming that “Thursday” referred to this Thursday, or indeed even to a day of the week - any week - at all.
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:22 PM   #746
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Qanon is so silly, it employs the world's dumbest (and most awkward) catchphrase:

"Where we go one, we go all."

Not only is it nonsensically stupid, the idiot authors couldn't be bothered to come up with something that at least would make a catchy acronym. To top it off, the moronic followers don't even realize the phrase makes them look like the sheep they think they are not. When Q tugs the rings in their noses, they heave to.

Chesley B. Sullenberger III
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 04:38 PM   #747
Axxman300
Illuminator

I am a reformed CTist, but I still allow myself a guilty pleasure.

Crazy Days & Nights:

https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/

It is a cryptic Hollywood gossip site run by a Hollywood entertainment lawyer and his friends. How it works is they post between 12 and 15 Blind Items every day with five or six Blind Items Revealed.

A blind item from today is:

Quote:
Blind Item #10
I'm not sure why you expected someone who is an admitted child molester to change. This former reality star all of you know and not on MTV was spending time with a young family member and was caught doing what he did before. Nothing will happen to him though. Just like nothing happened before.
The commenters on this site are sharp.

A blind item revealed from today:

Quote:
Blind Items Revealed #2
December 6, 2018

This former A+ list mostly movie actor is in even worse financial shape than previously imagined. He took out loans using what he thought would be the payment for the next installment of a franchise. When that fell through, the bank forced him to sell property and personal items to pay off the loan.

Johnny Depp
The rules of this website are clear; some of the stuff they post is readily available on other Hollywood gossip sites, some of the stories are exclusive, and some of the posts are fiction.

The site is addictive because they reveal enough to keep you guessing about the some of the other stories they post. I allow myself to waste time on this site because it is harmless. Still, you can find Qanon dorks in the comments section every once in a while.

Anyway, this is how to run a CT website.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories