IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags alex jones , infowars

Old 28th April 2017, 06:14 AM   #121
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Originally Posted by HSienzant View Post
His defense in his custody proceedings is all that stuff is just "performance art", and he should not be judged by it, anymore than Jack Nicholson should be judged by his role as The Joker in the movie "Batman".

That's not exactly an endorsement of his claims.

Essentially, his defense in the custody proceedings is "I was only kidding about all that".

http://www.northjersey.com/story/opi...man/100644836/

Hank
I'm quite happy to admit that I'm wrong, if that turns out to be the case. However, it still isn't clear from the article you link to whether it is just his character that is performance art, or the content. After all, he's not the only one on Infowars: there are plenty of other "reporters" broadcasting the same stories. As far as I know, none of them have admitted to being actors.

Originally Posted by Civet View Post
They seem to be taking the stories quite seriously, and don't seem to think it's just performance art.

Bring Back the Yak! P.J. Denyer
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2017, 07:00 AM   #122
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
Apparently, Alex Jones is a narcissist.

I know what you're thinking - who knew, right?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/...source=copyurl
So it's possible that he DIDN'T have sex with at least 150 women and beat up numerous grown men by the age of 16? Who'd have thought?
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2017, 07:07 AM   #123
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

For me, one of the most repulsive displays during the custody battle was seeing him call on the media to respect his family during the trial. While I agree that his kids should be off limits to the media, the hypocricy of appealing for his family's privacy after he's **** on the graves of all those kids who died at Sandy Hook made me want to vomit, preferably in HIS mouth.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2017, 08:32 PM   #124
Marcus
Illuminator

Colbert has been having a lot of fun with Alex Jones lately. Imitating him, and playing his clips. Based on the clips, I totally believe he is playing a character, they're just too over the top.
Marcus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2017, 10:28 PM   #125
Childlike Empress
Banned

Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Colbert has been having a lot of fun with Alex Jones lately. Imitating him, and playing his clips. Based on the clips, I totally believe he is playing a character, they're just too over the top.

Colbert imitating Alex Jones must be like Lindsey Graham imitating Freddie Mercury.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2017, 08:36 AM   #126
Marcus
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Colbert imitating Alex Jones must be like Lindsey Graham imitating Freddie Mercury.
He does it surprisingly well, Tuck Buckford is crazy, screaming, red in the face, all in that gruff voice.http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/...-jones-w477371
Marcus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2017, 01:45 PM   #127
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

This just in: Alex Jones Voted For Obama!

Quote:
Former Infowars employees suggested that Jones’ secret fear was that his opposition would someday run out — especially if Obama lost re-election. One recalled Jones pacing back and forth on Election Day in 2012, nervous over the prospect of losing the polarizing president that had helped usher in ratings gold.

“He just kept saying, ‘Oh my God, if Obama loses, we're out of business,’” the employee said. “One of the guys in there asked, ‘You didn't vote for Obama, did you?’ And Alex said nothing. Just a grimace. I don't know what it meant.” A member of Jones’ staff during the 2012 election speculated that he would do anything for the sake of his show. “I personally think he voted for Obama to keep ratings going,” another former employee said. A third employee recalled Jones dropping hints that he was planning to cast his vote for Obama.

It's been admitted, people!
Old 5th May 2017, 01:05 AM   #128
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Originally Posted by Horatius View Post

Interestingly, (and possibly to argue against my own, earlier point), it looks like he believes that voting does actually have an effect, and that the results are not pre-planned. I thought the Evil They controlled the elections, and that, despite the secrecy and the murderous efforts to preserve said secrecy, Jonesy had access to these secret scripts?

Bring Back the Yak! P.J. Denyer
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2017, 12:18 PM   #129
Civet
Graduate Poster

Now McMaster is the leak. Roger Stone is on top of this so you know it's legit.

https://www.infowars.com/breaking-mc...-house-leaker/
Civet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 12:24 AM   #130
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

Alex Jones Retracts Chobani Claims to Resolve Lawsuit

Quote:
In a statement at the end of one of his broadcasts, Mr. Jones said: “During the week of April 10, 2017, certain statements were made on the InfoWars Twitter feed and YouTube channel regarding Chobani L.L.C. that I now understand to be wrong.
“The tweets and video have now been retracted and will not be reposted. On behalf of InfoWars, I regret that we mischaracterized Chobani, its employees and the people of Twin Falls, Idaho, the way we did.”
The reports — published on April 11 on InfoWars.com, Mr. Jones’s website, and on the Alex Jones Channel on YouTube — said the factory in Idaho, which employs refugees, was connected to the 2016 sexual assault of a child and a rise in tuberculosis cases. The reports were promoted on Twitter under the headline “Idaho Yogurt Maker Caught Importing Migrant Rapists” and were spread widely online.
Old 18th May 2017, 05:15 AM   #131
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Holy ****, that's twice in less than a year that he's backed off some CT BS. Has he finally hit the level of fame where he's no longer capable of saying whatever he wants, because he might actually attract enough attention to be held accountable?
Old 18th May 2017, 05:18 AM   #132
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

Maybe he is seeing a once in a lifetime opportunity for him: "coming across as less loony than the sitting US president".
Old 18th May 2017, 10:26 AM   #133
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Although there is still a lot of pro Trump stuff on infowars,Jones himself has stopped the non stop worship of Trump. He is smart enough to see where this is going.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th May 2017, 05:14 AM   #134
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Oh this is great during the early 9/11 Thermite theories Jones was being supported by Russian and Iranian trolls.

Did Trump take a page out of Jones's playbook?
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th May 2017, 01:58 PM   #135
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
Oh this is great during the early 9/11 Thermite theories Jones was being supported by Russian and Iranian trolls.

Did Trump take a page out of Jones's playbook?
Jones has been on PUtin's payroll as a "correspondent" for Russia Today for some time.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st May 2017, 04:57 AM   #136
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Jones has been on PUtin's payroll as a "correspondent" for Russia Today for some time.
Then Trump met with a Russian agent, lovely.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st May 2017, 09:08 AM   #137
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

Then Trump met with a Russian agent, lovely.
He hired one as NSA briefly if you're applying that standard.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2017, 07:02 AM   #138
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Stacko View Post
He hired one as NSA briefly if you're applying that standard.
2005-2008, Russian, Venezuelan, and Iranian Trolls, real people push Alex Jones and Steven E. Jones Thermite CD Bull on line.

2009-2015, thousands of People loose their Job as Bots take over and reduce cost of trolling for state actors Russa, Venezuela, and Iran.

2016 bots elect Trump president with fake News stories from Russian Propoganda site.

2017-2018 bots take over people terminated by brain sucking aliens, Donald Trump saves us all, no brain to suck aliens starve!

Please donate to the save a troll fund the unemployed Trolls need your help they have children to feed just like you do.

I need a cute gif, and a parody website now, every early debunker on the old Jerf 9/11 forum figured that out a long time ago I think.

Conspiracy theories are not just crazy people the are a Propoganda tool, used to divid Democracy, to weaken and disrupt it.

Good work Comrade Alex.
Old 22nd May 2017, 04:56 PM   #139
Civet
Graduate Poster

And now it looks like they've gotten (temporary) White House press credentials!
Civet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th May 2017, 08:22 AM   #140
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Would Alex Jones stoop to murder to build or protect his media empire?
Old 24th May 2017, 11:55 AM   #141
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Now the term "Fake News" has some real meaning.....

Robert Heinlein.
Old 24th May 2017, 12:23 PM   #142
NoahFence
Banned

Would Alex Jones stoop to murder to build or protect his media empire?
No. He's too stupid. He'll stoop to suicide and wonder why the paychecks stopped.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th May 2017, 02:38 PM   #143
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
No. He's too stupid. He'll stoop to suicide and wonder why the paychecks stopped.
I was just wondering if Jones could have been behind the harrasment and physical attacks against me when I was seeking dust samples for Dr. Greening?
Old 27th May 2017, 03:50 AM   #144
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

This confirms my own theory about him being a con-artist even more.

"And belief in conspiracy theories is not the function of a higher intellect." - BStrong
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th June 2017, 08:27 AM   #145
carlitos
"más divertido"

Amazon continues to expand its empire, this time buying into the conspiracy genre:

(NSFW - LANGUAGE!!!!!)

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2017, 12:18 PM   #146
Civet
Graduate Poster

Jones is now sponsoring an anti-CNN meme contest:

https://www.infowars.com/20k-prize-i...est-announced/

Seems like a good idea and a sweet cash prize to the winner.
Old 20th August 2017, 01:11 PM   #147
Civet
Graduate Poster

Jones has an encounter with an odd-looking fellow who pours some coffee on him. Denounces him as a literal goblin. Apparently that fellow is now owning it and making a thing of it.
The police have trolled Jones on twitter.

Last edited by Civet; 20th August 2017 at 01:14 PM.
Old 21st August 2017, 12:24 PM   #148
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Wow,when a major police force trolls you things are getting bad.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 13th September 2017, 06:14 AM   #149
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

Thumbs up

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Yeah, it's almost 2 months old. But since I didn't see it here...

"And belief in conspiracy theories is not the function of a higher intellect." - BStrong
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2017, 05:12 PM   #150
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

This explains so much.

Quote:
Over the past three years, conspiracy site InfoWars has copied more than 1,000 articles produced by Russian state-sponsored broadcaster RT to its website — all without the permission of RT.

According to data from social sharing tracking website BuzzSumo, there were at least 1,014 RT articles republished on InfoWars since May of 2014. The articles appeared on InfoWars with a byline credit to RT, but a spokesperson for the Russian broadcaster told BuzzFeed News that InfoWars did not have permission to re-publish its content.

RT is not the only outlet InfoWars copied content from. A search on BuzzSumo shows there are articles copied from CNN, Sputnik, Breitbart, CNS News, the Blaze, CBC, BBC, Vice, The Guardian, The Washington Post, The New York Times, The New York Post, LA Times, BuzzFeed, and others. RT’s articles, however, seem to be the most numerous.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2017, 07:43 PM   #151
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Wow,when a major police force trolls you things are getting bad.
But, But he has so many highly placed law enforcement, military and intelligence service officers as (un-named) sources! This can't be true!

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2017, 08:06 AM   #152
albie
Scholar

I listened to his show for months and cannot say I learned anything of use. In one show he even said they would probably lose against the elite. Why is he bothering then?

He claims to have 'white papers' that the gov are planning to turn people gay. You never see any of these papers on the web. Why would they admit their plans in papers that anyone can read?
albie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2017, 08:55 AM   #153
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by albie View Post
He claims to have 'white papers' that the gov are planning to turn people gay. You never see any of these papers on the web. Why would they admit their plans in papers that anyone can read?

"It's been admitted!" has been his major shtick for most of his career. He knows he can wave around a book and claim that it contains up front admissions of any nonsense he wants to spew, safe in the knowledge that none of his core audience will ever take the time to read the book and find out he's lying. He also knows that if anyone else tries to point that out, his audience will claim that the other person is some lying shill for the government.

All things considered, it's been a good little earner for him.
Old 9th November 2017, 01:00 PM   #154
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Jones for a long time sort of shyed away from out and out bigotry,but now he has embraced it.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 10th November 2017, 04:16 AM   #155
albie
Scholar

"It's been admitted!" has been his major shtick for most of his career. He knows he can wave around a book and claim that it contains up front admissions of any nonsense he wants to spew, safe in the knowledge that none of his core audience will ever take the time to read the book and find out he's lying. He also knows that if anyone else tries to point that out, his audience will claim that the other person is some lying shill for the government.

All things considered, it's been a good little earner for him.
I don't think he's lying consciously. He's twisting what these papers say. One example is that Bill Gates said he wanted to increase the plan for vaccinations to bring down the population numbers. They saw that literally. What Gates meant is that people who have kids die of disease tend to then keep on having more babies to compensate.
albie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2017, 04:19 AM   #156
albie
Scholar

Jones for a long time sort of shyed away from out and out bigotry,but now he has embraced it.
You should spend some time on Icke's forum. Homophobes and racists. Some of them believe all child abuse is caused by Jews. You can say that kind of thing on there and the mods do nothing. I called a homophobe gay, and he is according to his own view on latent homosexuality, and I was banned for a month. They're always banning me.

Clearly conspiracy brings out demons in people. It gives them an allowance to take out their hates and fears and give them an air of respectability.
Old 4th March 2018, 05:25 AM   #157
Degeneve
Muse

Apparently Jones is now crying that YouTube would delete Infowars account: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...fowars-channel

It furthermore seems that big US companies and brands have realized that their advertisements ended up on Infowars YouTube channel and are now questioning YouTube about how this was made possible: http://money.cnn.com/2018/03/03/tech...nes/index.html
Degeneve is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th March 2018, 06:30 AM   #158
Dabop
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Degeneve View Post
Apparently Jones is now crying that YouTube would delete Infowars account: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...fowars-channel

It furthermore seems that big US companies and brands have realized that their advertisements ended up on Infowars YouTube channel and are now questioning YouTube about how this was made possible: http://money.cnn.com/2018/03/03/tech...nes/index.html
He's not the only conspiracy hoaxer to have their channels deleted, Utube has deleted literally thousands of them in recent days (he is afaik only one more strike from losing the infowars channels)- so step up people, view his videos, find something thats reportable AND REPORT IT!!!

Lets get em gone for good!

'When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.' George Carlin
Dabop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th March 2018, 07:00 AM   #159
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Stupid Free Market.
Why don't companies let Alex Jones use their services for free, and in return he will taint their brand?
Old 4th March 2018, 07:48 AM   #160
threadworm
Graduate Poster

When youtube started it was so that people could broadcast videos of themselves falling over, their holidays, or their pets. I don't think they could have anticipated people treating like an unregulated free DIY TV channel where any poisonous tripe they care to concoct could be spewed world wide and treated as gospel by morons.

I am always wary of large corporations deciding what content is acceptable and what isn't, but equally I welcome a bit of social responsibility where youtube users don't seem able to exercise it themselves.

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories