IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags alex jones , infowars

Old 4th March 2018, 01:17 PM   #161
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

Just read about this on the RW Discord channel. Why the heck did it take so long?

Also, what's the reason he got banned (we all know the kooky reason that "They" did it)?

Oh, and what's SPLC? he mentions it on twitter.

"And belief in conspiracy theories is not the function of a higher intellect." - BStrong
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th March 2018, 01:35 PM   #162
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by tinribmancer View Post
Oh, and what's SPLC? he mentions it on twitter.

The Southern Poverty Law Center. They're one of the favorite bugaboos of the right wing crowd because they monitor lots of racist and hate groups.

On another note:

Alex Jones Is Accused of Discrimination and Sexual Harassment by Former InfoWars Employees
Old 4th March 2018, 02:06 PM   #163
tinribmancer

Just read another post on the RW discord. Turns out Youtube is only getting rid of his ads and not his channel. Fecal matter (I've been reading too many Fuellar posts...)..

Edit:

Source 1: https://techcrunch.com/2018/03/04/yo...-to-delete-it/

Source 2: https://www.avclub.com/alex-jones-sa...-se-1823500822

"And belief in conspiracy theories is not the function of a higher intellect." - BStrong

Last edited by tinribmancer; 4th March 2018 at 02:10 PM.
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th March 2018, 03:58 PM   #164
Civet
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
The Southern Poverty Law Center. They're one of the favorite bugaboos of the right wing crowd because they monitor lots of racist and hate groups.

On another note:

Alex Jones Is Accused of Discrimination and Sexual Harassment by Former InfoWars Employees
Also, the SPLC receives funding from the dreaded Soros so you know they're pure evil.
Civet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2018, 10:51 AM   #165
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Stacko View Post
Actually Jones was giDimitri mission years ago to use any matwwrial from RTV he wanted too around 2008 don't believe RTV. someone named Dimitri I forget
His Last name, but he was Communications director for RTV, gave him permission in an Email to use what ever he wish to help publishing Scholars For truth and the CD.
Theory.
I may still have a copy of the Email somewhere.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2018, 11:13 AM   #166
Spektator
Watching . . . always watching.

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
Actually Jones was giDimitri mission years ago to use any matwwrial from RTV he wanted too around 2008 don't believe RTV. someone named Dimitri I forget
His Last name, but he was Communications director for RTV, gave him permission in an Email to use what ever he wish to help publishing Scholars For truth and the CD.
Theory.
I may still have a copy of the Email somewhere.
What? I can't follow this.
Spektator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2018, 11:16 AM   #167
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Alex Jones is accused of quite a lot of sexual harassment of his female employees:

http://www.newsweek.com/who-ashley-b...-sexual-825341

It's all the fault of the Deep State for turning him into a misogynous pig.
Old 6th March 2018, 01:02 PM   #168
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Spektator View Post
What? I can't follow this.
Alex was given permission in 2008 possibly before to use any story he wanted
To use to further the work of Steven Jones's Scholars for truth.
That was in an Email from the Communications director of RTV.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2018, 02:00 PM   #169
Spektator
Watching . . . always watching.

Thanks.
Spektator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2018, 01:36 AM   #170
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Alex Jones is accused of quite a lot of sexual harassment of his female employees:

http://www.newsweek.com/who-ashley-b...-sexual-825341

It's all the fault of the Deep State for turning him into a misogynous pig.
A massive total of 8 Jones Drones have rallied to his defence, posting comments on that article.
Unsurprisingly, they all dismiss it as fake news. One of them calls for the sheeple to 'do your own research'. None of them appear to have followed this advice, as there is no apparent basis for the fake news allegation, other than "IT'S NOT TRUE! IT ISN'T!! LALALALALALALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU SHIPOL!!!!" Oh, and a claim that Newsweek is owned by the Rothschilds. (Which it isn't).

I assume that, any day now, they will release their detailed reports of the interviews they have done with the employees of Infowars as part of their Intrepid Infowarrior Investigation Into Da Troof., and Jones will be cleared.

Or not.

Bring Back the Yak! P.J. Denyer

Last edited by Cosmic Yak; 7th March 2018 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Added link to Newsweek owners.
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2018, 11:29 AM   #171
CORed
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
<snip>
Oh, and a claim that Newsweek is owned by the Rothschilds. (Which it isn't).
<snip>
EVERYTHING is owned by the Rothschilds.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2018, 02:37 PM   #172
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
EVERYTHING is owned by the (((Rothschilds))).
Fixed that for you.
Old 7th March 2018, 03:34 PM   #173
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Flipping through channels in Zurich I come across Tru TV Conspiracy Files. It's Jesse Ventura and Alex Jones talking about the New World Order wanting to kill half the world's population. Talk about a couple of serious loons!

Ventura goes back and tells a group, "Alex Jones looked me in the eye and told me they were trying to kill ME."

Yeah, and he's a loon.

But they describe him as a "conspiracy theory expert"!
Gunter Haas, the 'leading British expert,' was a graphologist who advised couples, based on their handwriting characteristics, if they were compatible for marriage. I would submit that couples idiotic enough to do this are probably quite suitable for each other. It's nice when stupid people find love. - Ludovic Kennedy

Last edited by pgwenthold; 7th March 2018 at 03:35 PM.
pgwenthold is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2018, 04:15 PM   #174
sir drinks-a-lot
Philosopher

What do you think tap water is? It's a gay bomb, baby.
Old 8th March 2018, 02:15 AM   #175
Dabop
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by sir drinks-a-lot View Post
Found this a while ago- manufactured Alex Jones comedy song
Utube (mild language warning)

'When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.' George Carlin

Last edited by Dabop; 8th March 2018 at 02:47 AM.
Dabop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2018, 05:50 PM   #176
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by sir drinks-a-lot View Post
THat is why I drink only bottled water, to protect my precious bodily fluids.....

Now the obligatory Sterling Hayden in Dr Strangelove reference is out of the way...

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th April 2018, 09:51 AM   #177
Degeneve
Muse

Three parents of Sandy Hook massacre have finally decided to sue Alex Jones for defamation about his claims that they were "crisis actors" and no kid died at Sandy Hook elementary school in December 2012.

I am just wondering why they waited for so long time before taking this decision. They should have done it much earlier.
Degeneve is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th April 2018, 02:04 PM   #178
tinribmancer

Originally Posted by Degeneve View Post
Three parents of Sandy Hook massacre have finally decided to sue Alex Jones for defamation about his claims that they were "crisis actors" and no kid died at Sandy Hook elementary school in December 2012.

I am just wondering why they waited for so long time before taking this decision. They should have done it much earlier.
Continuous stalking from Sandy Hook Twoofers?

Old 17th April 2018, 02:18 PM   #179
cjnewson88
Graduate Poster

$1mil each.... aj will have to triple his scaremongering to pay for that..
http://www.youtube.com/user/cjnewson88
cjnewson88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th April 2018, 08:08 PM   #180
Ranb
Penultimate Amazing

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/17/b...andy-hook.html

Jones now says he's been claiming for years that Sandy hook did happen. When did he actually start saying this? Tuesday this week?

Ranb
Ranb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th April 2018, 08:52 PM   #181
Venom
Philosopher

What were once staged or highly complex conspiracies to Jones have taken a different direction:

They are special operations using agents of the US govt. Alex Jones has abandoned the "What about BUILDING 7!" to his credit, but he implied in his debate with Piers Morgan that the US govt knew 9/11 in advance and allowed it to happen.

Same with Sandy Hook it appears, and surely more to follow.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th April 2018, 10:05 PM   #182
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

He will say ANYTHING! Even if he contradicts himself from 12 minutes ago. As long as it helps him keep out of court. Because his brain-dead followers just trail along and send him money.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th April 2018, 10:34 PM   #183
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dabop View Post
Found this a while ago- manufactured Alex Jones comedy song
Utube (mild language warning)

He must be talking about gay Frenchies, right?!
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2018, 02:42 PM   #184
Tinfoil Hater
Graduate Poster

according to his X wife Alex Jones is mentally unhinged.

His recent bouts of crying on air seem signs hes emotionally unstable
Old 18th April 2018, 03:20 PM   #185
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Tinfoil Hater View Post
according to his X wife Alex Jones is mentally unhinged.

His recent bouts of crying on air seem signs hes emotionally unstable
Or he thinks his fans will fall for it. Problem with Jones is its hard to tell if he is deranged or if he just thinks that is what will go over with his audience,who are not particularly intelligent.
Not sure it matters, Jones is a despicable waste of good oxygen in any event.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2018, 08:22 AM   #186
Worm
Illuminator

I don't know enough about either to comment. But I found this Daily Beast article interesting.

Alex Jones’ Protegé, Paul Joseph Watson, Is About to Steal His Crackpot Crown

Not all cults are bad - I've joined a cult of niceness
Worm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2018, 03:08 PM   #187
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Worm View Post
I don't know enough about either to comment. But I found this Daily Beast article interesting.

Paul Joseph Watson can best be described as Jones with intellectual pretensions.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 23rd April 2018, 04:30 PM   #188
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Maybe, if he can stop having meltdowns when called out on things like when he went on a rant about soy.
Old 4th May 2018, 06:46 PM   #189
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Can he top this?
Alex Jones: Trump Is Fighting A Computer Program That Has Decided To Kill Humans
Old 6th May 2018, 08:58 PM   #190
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Good to see that Jones has quietly decided Trump isn't a traitor after all and is back on his side, I guess.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2018, 02:22 AM   #191
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

I wonder if both of Alex's true fans are listening much these days.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 01:34 AM   #192
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

He's made a film!

Jonesy has made a movie!
I watched the first 5 minutes of what looked like a bog-standard action film, and I suddenly realised that Our Alex had a starring role, as a Congressman of all things. It's called Amerigeddon. The introduction to the film was a dreary monologue about how conspiracy theories are really real, really. The characters were laughably two-dimensional: for example, two representatives of Them have a hushed conversation about how "the media will spread our narrative", and ask each other "what will happen if a section of the population....AWAKENS?". Script courtesy of Infowars, presumably.
I googled it, and found the film's website. Jonsey assures us that it is every American's patriotic duty to support this film, a statement which reflects his objective stance here. The review section is worth looking at for the giggles: Infowars thinks it's great- more objectivity here- and there are plaudits from all sorts of conservative Christian groups, plus Fox. Nice.
Has anyone made it through the whole film? What did you think?

Did it make any impact in the States?

Last edited by Cosmic Yak; 23rd May 2018 at 01:35 AM.
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2018, 04:12 PM   #193
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Civet View Post
Also, the SPLC receives funding from the dreaded Soros so you know they're pure evil.
There is quite a bit of legitimate criticism of the SPLC. While I agree in general with the mission, the question is whether they have morphed from being a charitable organization into a political organization.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th May 2018, 07:40 AM   #194
Whip
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Jonesy has made a movie!
I watched the first 5 minutes of what looked like a bog-standard action film, and I suddenly realised that Our Alex had a starring role, as a Congressman of all things. It's called Amerigeddon. The introduction to the film was a dreary monologue about how conspiracy theories are really real, really. The characters were laughably two-dimensional: for example, two representatives of Them have a hushed conversation about how "the media will spread our narrative", and ask each other "what will happen if a section of the population....AWAKENS?". Script courtesy of Infowars, presumably.
I googled it, and found the film's website. Jonsey assures us that it is every American's patriotic duty to support this film, a statement which reflects his objective stance here. The review section is worth looking at for the giggles: Infowars thinks it's great- more objectivity here- and there are plaudits from all sorts of conservative Christian groups, plus Fox. Nice.
Has anyone made it through the whole film? What did you think?

Did it make any impact in the States?

what States? I live in NJ and never heard of it before today.
Whip is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th May 2018, 07:43 AM   #195
fuelair
Banned

WATCH OUT !!!!!!!!! DON'T STEP IN THE ALEX!!!!!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th May 2018, 09:10 AM   #196
Ranb
Penultimate Amazing

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4059702/?ref_=tttr_tr_tt

Produced in 2016 according to IMDB. 4/10. Based on the trailer I'll not be wasting my time on this I think. The trailer certainly makes the military look bad.

Ranb
Ranb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th May 2018, 01:40 AM   #197
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Wikipedia has this to say:
Quote:
Amerigeddon is a 2016 American action film directed by Mike Norris and written by Gary Heavin. The movie describes a fictional attack on the United States by its own government, working in concert with a global terrorist organization and the United Nations. Heavin has said that he regards the events in the film as a "very real threat"

Old 30th May 2018, 02:40 AM   #198
tinribmancer

Originally Posted by Whip View Post
what States? I live in NJ and never heard of it before today.
Deep States, of course.

Old 6th June 2018, 03:07 PM   #199
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
There is quite a bit of legitimate criticism of the SPLC. While I agree in general with the mission, the question is whether they have morphed from being a charitable organization into a political organization.
A lot of the problem is that a number of bigoted groups have become "Respectable" in the eyes of many Conservative. Lie down with the dogs, expect to get fleas.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 6th June 2018, 10:17 PM   #200
Imadeyouthink
Scholar

I've seen Alex Jones in regarding net neutrality and it just so stupid. If Alex Jones was a performance artist as he so claims his credentials must be questioned, if a loon on a radio wire why listen to things from him that have no merit. How many predictions up to this year has Alex made that never came true?
Imadeyouthink is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories