IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags telepathy , telepathy test

Old 15th October 2016, 02:07 AM   #201
Rincewind
Philosopher

Originally Posted by calebprime View Post
I do not have any idea. I can't read thoughts. No one can. I've never heard any of your thoughts.
I agree with this...
Old 15th October 2016, 02:48 AM   #202
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

A suggestion:

Create a free email address specifically for telepathy testing. Write the address down. Draw a ring around it. Concentrate on it. Do whatever else you think might help you broadcast your thoughts to the world. Then just wait for messages to arrive.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2016, 04:48 AM   #203
Donn
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
A suggestion:

Create a free email address specifically for telepathy testing. Write the address down. Draw a ring around it. Concentrate on it. Do whatever else you think might help you broadcast your thoughts to the world. Then just wait for messages to arrive.
Spam as evidence. The final indignity.
Donn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2016, 06:59 AM   #204
Drs_Res
NWO Acorn Hoarder

Michel H, why no hash for your chosen word?
Old 15th October 2016, 07:13 AM   #205
Donn
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Drs_Res View Post
The entire thread is a hash.
Donn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2016, 07:19 AM   #206
fromdownunder
Philosopher

Why do I keep thinking about Vegemite?

Norm

fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2016, 07:42 AM   #207
Michel H
Banned

Originally Posted by Drs_Res View Post
I can post a hash, if you want.

The SHA512 hash of a complicated sentence containing the word I really wrote and surrounded is: B1BF51C26C9E110D1B647EAA398A850FDEA40006C915B42D0E 3198C963DE868E9CF33D6508CA8CDB7F26988FF5A5BBBD1782 ABBC2B19CC00688E11517AC42A31
Michel H is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2016, 07:46 AM   #208
Michel H
Banned

Originally Posted by fromdownunder View Post
Why do I keep thinking about Vegemite?

Norm
Do you want to answer Australia? (according to wikipedia, Vegemite is Australian: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegemite ).

However, make sure you don't answer "Australia" just because you live there.
Michel H is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2016, 08:32 AM   #209
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Originally Posted by Michel H View Post
I can post a hash, if you want.

The SHA512 hash of a complicated sentence containing the word I really wrote and surrounded is: B1BF51C26C9E110D1B647EAA398A850FDEA40006C915B42D0E 3198C963DE868E9CF33D6508CA8CDB7F26988FF5A5BBBD1782 ABBC2B19CC00688E11517AC42A31
None of this was broadcast to me.
I have never detected any of your thoughts.
I am not lying.

Bring Back the Yak! P.J. Denyer
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2016, 07:37 AM   #210
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Do you want to answer Australia? (according to wikipedia, Vegemite is Australian: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegemite ).

I'll bet anyone a quarter that is not Australia. Just a hunch.

ETA: This does not constitute a reply to your exam, Michel. I am pointing out the transparency of your explicitly written hint.

Last edited by phiwum; 16th October 2016 at 07:40 AM.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2016, 08:03 PM   #211
fromdownunder
Philosopher

I will answer as per your your rules. I have never ever had a thought from you about a country name, or anything else you have pretended to send. It really is rather pathetic that you continue this thread when you have been told by virtually every member here that nobody can hear your thoughts.

But reality strikes. As a stamp collector I am currently sorting through about 2,000 stamps from Poland. So Poland is always on my mind...d, it is always on my mind.

Norm

Last edited by fromdownunder; 16th October 2016 at 08:05 PM.
fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2016, 09:46 PM   #212
devnull
Philosopher

Originally Posted by DuvalHMFIC View Post
I believe the word you wrote down was "Camgirls"
Great. Coke on my keyboard and a sore nose.

Thanks muchly.
"Here we go again.... semantic and syntactic chicanery and sophistic sleight of tongue and pen.... the bedazzling magic of appearing to be saying something when in fact all that is happening is diverting attention from the attempts at shoving god through the trapdoor of illogic and wishful thinking." - Leumas
devnull is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2016, 03:42 PM   #213
Gulliver Foyle
Illuminator

Long time, no post. But this bit of nonsense I find especially egregious:
There are perhaps a few things I should explain (again?) about my methodology for testing.

(1) Why is the number of possibilities people can choose from so small (typically 4) in the multiple-choice test?
This seems to exasperate many skeptics. The reason is probably psychological, the goal of many posters here is probably to try to perpetuate the situation of collective lie with respect to my (apparent) telepathy, so learning there is a 25% probability to answer correctly (even when no telepathy is involved at all) already does make many people here very nervous. When there are 100 choices, the possibility of answering correctly seems more remote, and this sounds reassuring to many.

I believe it is important to (generally) keep the number of options relatively small because I have pragmatically observed that these tests give the best results, and the reason for this is easy to understand: the motivation for participating in my tests in a valuable way is generally relatively low, so it is important to propose tests that are not too tough, otherwise people's motivation will collapse completely, with zero results. Using four possibilities is also done in ganzfeld telepathy research, probably one of the most successful modern ESP research method nowadays.
They give the "best" results because in a fair test with a relatively high number of participants the give a number of positive responses which "seem" statistically significant but are not, simply because the odds of randomly guessing the correct number is high (25%). The reason why others want you to give a large choice of numbers to pick from is because they want you to at least look to eliminate the people guessing correctly by random chance (I'll let you in on a secret though, every single participant who guesses right has guessed at random. There is no such thing as telepathy). The problem here is yours, because you are unwilling to reduce randomness and build a fair test.

Quote:
(2) Why assigning credibilities to answers?
Another important and essential aspect of my tests, which unfortunately also seems to exasperate many people here, is credibility.
Credibility is my insurance policy against your tendency to lie to me:

, it is an important filter, a lie detector. The reason why it works so well is related to human nature. It is very rare that people lie, without giving (voluntarily or not) some clues about it. I believe I can be generally do this in a very objective way (though I remain open to intelligent objections, if any). For example, in this latest test, Emily's Cat said:

In 2012, I explained:

So Emily's Cat answer, according to my standard and long-established rules, is not credible. Claiming that I said Emily's Cat's answer was not credible just because it was incorrect, and therefore "I didn't like it", is both unfair and absurd.
But the problem with you assigning significance to each individual answers is that you are looking for evidence to verify your conjecture*. Therefore you will throw out valid evidence against your conjecture and keep nonsense which you think support's your conjecture, as fromdownunder has shown when he gave four separate "guesses" to your four number "test" and when you accepted the one which "guessed" the "correct" number and discarded the rest. The proper thing to do there is to discard all four guesses because fromdownunder was not guessing but illustrating your flawed procedure.

If you truly wanted a proper test design of your conjecture you'd have a test where participants are picking from a large number of choices, you ask the ones who get the choice right to take a second test and pick from the same cardinal choice of different things, then pick the correct choosers from the second group on the second test only and repeat the process. The problem for you, and all other paranormal "researchers", is that all too quickly the numbers revert to the mean, and the chances of success are no better than guessing at random.

*I've a personal categorisation of ideas which purport to be scientific with three groupings, theory, hypothesis and conjecture. Theory and hypothesis are basically as per scientific method (i.e. they both have some basis in observed phenomena, theory having better evidential basis and has been subject to all known tests), whereas conjecture is a category which I use for items which generally begin with "wouldn't it be nice if," "the bible [insert preferred holy word here] says that," or "I believe that,"
Old 17th October 2016, 04:33 PM   #214
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

A brief pause in this thread to alert anyone not following it in detail:

The history of this thread convinces me there is absolutely no answer or argument that anyone can post that Michel H will view as negating his premiss. Most answers and arguments will be interpreted in such a manner by Michel H as to support his premiss. No attempts at humor or satire will be recognized as such by Michel H. And, IMHO, Michel believes (or sincerely wishes to believe) what he posts (he has a number of posts that provide clues as to the basis for his beliefs if you wish to read up thread)- he is wrong, but he is not pretending.

Okay- carry on.

Last edited by Giordano; 17th October 2016 at 04:35 PM.
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2016, 03:08 AM   #215
Michel H
Banned

Hi, I invite you to participate in a telepathy test.

At about 5:47 p.m. on this Friday October 14 (Brussels, Belgium time), I wrote carefully one of the ten words: "Belgium", "England", "Scotland", "Ireland", "U.S.A.", "Australia", "New Zealand", "France", "Germany" and "Russia" on my sheet of paper, and I surrounded it with a rough ellipse. Then, I wrote it again twice.

I shall repeat this word from time to time during this test.

I ask you to write it here (if you think you know it, even with a doubt) ...
The word I wrote and surrounded on Friday was "France". The complicated sentence I used to produce the SHA512 hash mentioned in post #204 was:
Ze wordt is "%àçé& FRANCE" ls;gx

To my great regret, nobody answered one of the 10 possible choices of this test. There is, however, one member (DuvalHMFIC) who did post a country:
Originally Posted by DuvalHMFIC View Post
Canada
Clearly, this answer is not correct. An interesting question, however, is "Is this (incorrect) answer related to the correct answer (France)?"
The answer to this question seems to be "yes" to me, because Canada is a (partially) French-speaking country. In the country list of the opening post of the test, only two (Belgium and France) out of ten are (totally or partly) French-speaking. In addition, Canada contains, like "France", the two consecutive letters "an" (this is true for half of the countries in my list).

I also suspect that fromdownunder may have been infuenced by the "an" of "France" when he posted his mysterious text:
Originally Posted by fromdownunder View Post
But reality strikes. As a stamp collector I am currently sorting through about 2,000 stamps from Poland. So Poland is always on my mind...d, it is always on my mind.

Norm
Also, I would like to observe that analyzing only the answers which give clearly a country (in this test), or one of the possible choices (in general) may be considered as a way to filter out the big mass of people who just want to be dishonest and nasty, and who answer "I don't know", with sometimes suggestions that I would be a "delusional schizophrenic".

Last edited by Michel H; 18th October 2016 at 03:11 AM.
Old 18th October 2016, 03:17 AM   #216
fagin
Philosopher

Er um ok. Or as they say in France, err oom oakay.
Old 18th October 2016, 03:23 AM   #217
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

The people who answered "I don't know" were not being "dishonest and nasty" if they genuinely did not know. Your tests will continue to be worthless and pointless as long as you continue to assume you already know what the result should be before you do them.
Old 18th October 2016, 03:26 AM   #218
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
Most answers and arguments will be interpreted in such a manner by Michel H as to support his premiss.
Mind you, the mental gymnastics involved are getting quite extraordinary this time round:

An interesting question, however, is "Is this (incorrect) answer related to the correct answer (France)?"
The answer to this question seems to be "yes" to me, because Canada is a (partially) French-speaking country. In the country list of the opening post of the test, only two (Belgium and France) out of ten are (totally or partly) French-speaking. In addition, Canada contains, like "France", the two consecutive letters "an" (this is true for half of the countries in my list).

I also suspect that fromdownunder may have been infuenced by the "an" of "France" when he posted his mysterious text:
The only thing he's missed, of course, is that the word "delusional" contains the letters "an" (though reversed in this case), and the word "schizophrenic" contains three of the four consonant sounds and three of the four actual consonants of the word "France," so in this context, "You're a delusional schizophrenic" appears to be the right answer as well.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2016, 03:43 AM   #219
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

The word I wrote and surrounded on Friday was "France". The complicated sentence I used to produce the SHA512 hash mentioned in post #204 was:

To my great regret, nobody answered one of the 10 possible choices of this test. There is, however, one member (DuvalHMFIC) who did post a country:

Clearly, this answer is not correct. An interesting question, however, is "Is this (incorrect) answer related to the correct answer (France)?"

Also, I would like to observe that analyzing only the answers which give clearly a country (in this test), or one of the possible choices (in general) may be considered as a way to filter out the big mass of people who just want to be dishonest and nasty, and who answer "I don't know", with sometimes suggestions that I would be a "delusional schizophrenic".
I did yell you all this would happen, I was right.

You cannot and will not ever win this battle with Michel and so I must again implore the members here to ignore his future posts regarding "tests".

Last edited by Nay_Sayer; 18th October 2016 at 03:44 AM.
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2016, 03:48 AM   #220
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Nobody answered correctly because you are not telepathic.

Total nonsense. This should tell you that you will stretch to any lengths in order to pretend you got a hit. Canada is not France. End of story.

You are stating in this paragraph that you have no interest at all in any actual test of your so-called "telepathy". You will reflexively reject any answer you don't like and accuse anyone giving an answer you don't like of being "dishonest and nasty".

How does this drivel constitute any kind of test at all?

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2016, 04:40 AM   #221
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Congratulations. This is a new extreme. Had I not been reading this thread for years I would presume it was self-parody. You will attempt any mental gymnastics in order to avoid the uncomfortable truth that you are not really telepathic and your feeling that you are is caused by something else.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2016, 04:54 AM   #222
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Canada has closer ties with England, (Northern) Ireland and Scotland than it does with France, seeing as it only gained independence from the UK in 1982 and still shares the same monarch. All three words also contain the two letters "an", as well as a "d", which is in the word "Canada" but not "France". Scotland also has the "c", which "France" lacks.

It's perhaps also worth noting that two countries on the list - Australia and New Zealand - are also constitutional monarchies with QE II as their monarch, making them both more similar to Canada than France is.
Old 18th October 2016, 06:18 AM   #223
JesseCuster
Graduate Poster

I was being honest when I said that I didn't know what country you wrote down and circled and that I have never got the impression of receiving any communications from you telepathically. I have no reason to lie about this.

Are you calling me a liar? I'm not going to be offended by whatever answer you gave, I just want to know if you truly believe that I am being dishonest and nasty by giving the answer I gave.
JesseCuster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2016, 06:34 AM   #224
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
... Scotland also has the "c", which "France" lacks ...
I think the crafty French might have slipped one in while you weren't looking.
Old 18th October 2016, 07:20 AM   #225
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
I think the crafty French might have slipped one in while you weren't looking.
I don't know what I didn't c that.
Old 18th October 2016, 07:54 AM   #226
Michel H
Banned

Originally Posted by JesseCuster View Post

Are you calling me a liar? I'm not going to be offended by whatever answer you gave, I just want to know if you truly believe that I am being dishonest and nasty by giving the answer I gave.
I prefer to remain a little vague, and avoid attacking someone personally, if I can. Also, I have to comply (in principle) with Rule 12:
Quote:
“Address the argument, not the arguer." Having your opinion, claim or argument challenged, doubted or dismissed is not attacking the arguer."(This rule does not apply only to direct insults and attacks (which are often also a breach of Rule 0) but is intended to ensure discussion stays focussed on the topic at hand and not on the Members involved.)
Even if you are ready to accept certain things, it is not sure that the moderation team also will.
But I do think there is probably a lack of honesty on this forum (though it is really a more general problem), with respect to my apparent telepathy and thought broadcasting, your approach here tends to be too narrowly skeptical ("I can tell you that telepathy doesn't exist", stuff like that...), in my opinion. If telepathy is really the principal method of communication in the animal world (animals do not talk!), it seems pretty enormous to state it doesn't exist.
Old 18th October 2016, 08:15 AM   #227
p0lka
Illuminator

I prefer to remain a little vague, and avoid attacking someone personally, if I can. Also, I have to comply (in principle) with Rule 12:

Even if you are ready to accept certain things, it is not sure that the moderation team also will.
But I do think there is probably a lack of honesty on this forum (though it is really a more general problem), with respect to my apparent telepathy and thought broadcasting, your approach here tends to be too narrowly skeptical ("I can tell you that telepathy doesn't exist", stuff like that...), in my opinion. If telepathy is really the principal method of communication in the animal world (animals do not talk!), it seems pretty enormous to state it doesn't exist.
It isn't.
p0lka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2016, 08:26 AM   #228
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

If telepathy is really the principal method of communication in the animal world (animals do not talk!), it seems pretty enormous to state it doesn't exist.
If telepathy existing would overturn extremely well-established laws of physics (which it would), it seems pretty enormous to state it does exist.

And while you're talking about honesty, you might want to consider why you've ignored my post about how close Canada is to France relative to the other countries I named. The fact that you've not acknowledged, let alone addressed these facts, rather suggests that you are lying to yourself.
Old 18th October 2016, 08:39 AM   #229
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

If telepathy is really the principal method of communication in the animal world (animals do not talk!), it seems pretty enormous to state it doesn't exist.
On the other hand, if telepathy doesn't exist it seems pretty absurd to state it's the principal method of communication in the animal world. There is an enormous body of knowledge concerning the ways animals communicate through sounds, smells, sight and touch, and I'm not personally aware of any significant gaps in that understanding that require an additional channel of communication.

Dave

Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2016, 08:48 AM   #230
Donn
Philosopher

Oy! This just keeps on rollin'.
Old 18th October 2016, 08:59 AM   #231
Gamolon
Master Poster

To my great regret, nobody answered one of the 10 possible choices of this test.
This is incorrect. You gave 11 possible choices. The 10 words and:
I ask you to write it here (if you think you know it, even with a doubt). You may also answer "I don't know".
This is what you're going with? Not that telepathy doesn't work because the WORD you concentrated on never reached anyone, but telepathy MIGHT have worked SOMEWHAT because of some vague commonality you made up after the fact?
Gamolon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2016, 09:06 AM   #232
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Is it worth pointing out that humans communicate without talking? Even if you expand "talking" to include things like typing forum posts, that's still true:

Old 18th October 2016, 09:16 AM   #233
Michel H
Banned

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
On the other hand, if telepathy doesn't exist it seems pretty absurd to state it's the principal method of communication in the animal world. There is an enormous body of knowledge concerning the ways animals communicate through sounds, smells, sight and touch, and I'm not personally aware of any significant gaps in that understanding that require an additional channel of communication.

Dave
There are lots of variable currents in the brain, and we know from physics that variable currents do generate electromagnetic waves, so assuming that telepathy does exist is a natural position from a physicist's point of view. If telepathy did not exist, this would mean that mother Nature would have missed an opportunity, I don't think (though I am not a biologist) she often does that.

One may perhaps speculate that the real reason why many of you on this forum seem to be blocked or stuck on the very rigid position that telepathy does not exist (?) is because these persons have what might perhaps be termed a "criminal agenda", which has everything to do with crime, and very little to do with rationality. I have already tried to explain on this forum how I seem to be able to communicate telepathically with animals (cats, dogs, birds) near my building, but I am not sure you paid any attention. And this phenomenon is very easy to verify: for example, when a dog is barking, I talk to him/her from inside my apartment with a weak voice (so he/she cannot hear me normally, sensorially), and I study whether there is a reaction, a change (often there is).

Last edited by Michel H; 18th October 2016 at 09:31 AM.
Old 18th October 2016, 09:22 AM   #234
fagin
Philosopher

We're all criminals now? Thanks for the heads up.

I better go turn myself in.

ps. Mother Nature is not actually a real person. Really.
Old 18th October 2016, 09:26 AM   #235
Michel H
Banned

Originally Posted by Gamolon View Post
This is incorrect. You gave 11 possible choices. The 10 words and:
Perhaps I should have said, more correctly:
Quote:
To my great regret, nobody answered one of the 10 possible (word) choices of this test.
Old 18th October 2016, 09:27 AM   #236
Dave Rogers

There are lots of variable currents in the brain, and we know from physics that variable currents do generate electromagnetic waves, so assuming that telepathy does exist is a natural position from a physicist's point of view.
No it isn't. We also understand the inverse square law, signal to noise ratios, and a whole lot more, and we would be able to detect electromagnetic waves strong enough to carry information from one brain to the other. And I am a physicist, by the way.

If telepathy did not exist, this would mean that mother Nature would have missed an opportunity, I don't think (though I am not a biologist) she often does that.
I can tell you're not a biologist from the fact that you're trying to formulate a scientific argument based on an anthropomorphic personification. For it to be an opportunity, it has to be physically feasible. And if it were real, why would speech have evolved?

Dave

Old 18th October 2016, 09:30 AM   #237
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

And this phenomenon is very easy to verify: for example, when a dog is barking, I talk to him/her from inside my apartment with a weak voice (so he/she cannot hear me normally, sensorially), and I study whether there is a reaction, a change (often there is).
What measures have you put in place to counteract confirmation bias in these tests? Have you tried to replicate these things under controlled conditions?
Old 18th October 2016, 09:37 AM   #238
Michel H
Banned

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
We're all criminals now? Thanks for the heads up.

I better go turn myself in.

I have somewhat edited my post #230, following your feedback.
Old 18th October 2016, 09:49 AM   #239
Gamolon
Master Poster

Perhaps I should have said, more correctly:
Doesn't matter.

The choice "I don't know" tells you that your telepathy didn't work at all on those folks as they never telepathically heard anything from you. Not giving them the "I don't know" option would have forced them to guess, which is a far cry from making a selection based on actually telepathically hearing from you.

Last edited by Gamolon; 18th October 2016 at 09:50 AM.
Gamolon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2016, 09:57 AM   #240
Michel H
Banned

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
No it isn't. We also understand the inverse square law, signal to noise ratios, and a whole lot more, and we would be able to detect electromagnetic waves strong enough to carry information from one brain to the other. And I am a physicist, by the way.
You should perhaps have a look at the book "The Radiating Brain", by Ferdinando Cazzamalli: http://documents.theblackvault.com/d...atingBrain.pdf , or at this article:
Radiometer measures temperature in premature babies' brains (2000)
https://www.imperial.ac.uk/college.asp?P=2512
(microwave radiation from the brain recently measured, but they don't seem to have extended their measurements to the shortwave frequencies)

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal