IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , bigfoot

Old 11th January 2017, 12:14 PM   #81
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cervelo View Post
Not asking for exact locations....other than the name of the public property, something along the lines of "Bigfoot Valley Wildlife Refuge/NP/State Park or whatever" is where the good n plenty contest will be held. That way just as with Chris I could make plans to visit other areas, such as Mammoth Cave NP, which I did while I visited with Chris.
Yes I did sign an NDA with Chris.
But hey it's your gig and you can play it however you like.
This is an excellent point and highlights a large flaw I did not fully explore in the NDA above.

Being restricted from disclosing a "geographic location" is not specific enough. If I say "the United States" is that not a geographic location?
Old 11th January 2017, 12:31 PM   #82
Drewbot
Philosopher

Remember, don't reveal any special Bigfoot catching inventions...
(Sorry I gave you a mullet)

Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2017, 12:41 PM   #83
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
Remember, don't reveal any special Bigfoot catching inventions...
(Sorry I gave you a mullet)

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640...923/Ziun1N.jpg
All excellent points, but I think the problem starts at a lower level.

Their inventions conceivably begin with a tree-banging stick or tree-banging rock for purposes of communication. With this NDA as is, I could not say that they use rocks and sticks.
Old 11th January 2017, 12:46 PM   #84
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Garrette View Post
This is an excellent point and highlights a large flaw I did not fully explore in the NDA above.

Being restricted from disclosing a "geographic location" is not specific enough. If I say "the United States" is that not a geographic location?
I'm preaching to the choir when I say this, but once Chris gave me the town that we would meet at, I checked out what was close and saw Mammoth NP. Then made plans accordingly.
While an outing with footers can be nothing but entertaining, I'm not driving all the way to wherever for a good n plenty war and then driving home. To much other cool stuff too see while I'm out and about.
But if NL wants to see a skeptic charge a Bigfoot head on literally, I won't disappoint him LOL!
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2017, 12:51 PM   #85
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

I'm preaching to the choir when I say this, but once Chris gave me the town that we would meet at, I checked out what was close and saw Mammoth NP. Then made plans accordingly.
While an outing with footers can be nothing but entertaining, I'm not driving all the way to wherever for a good n plenty war and then driving home. To much other cool stuff too see while I'm out and about.
But if NL wants to see a skeptic charge a Bigfoot head on literally, I won't disappoint him LOL!
Agreed. While I make no pretense at being an outdoorsman, I have spent enough time both privately and militarily outside in rough conditions in both the day and the night, that it would be difficult to convince me to sit quietly in camp while noises are happening around us. I can probably get up to speed on good camera work for both day and night times, too.
Old 11th January 2017, 02:22 PM   #86
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Really?
Hardly.

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2017, 04:11 PM   #87
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

http://gunshowcomic.com/724 Bigfoot Encounter.
Andy_Ross is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2017, 05:49 AM   #88
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Agreed. While I make no pretense at being an outdoorsman, I have spent enough time both privately and militarily outside in rough conditions in both the day and the night, that it would be difficult to convince me to sit quietly in camp while noises are happening around us. I can probably get up to speed on good camera work for both day and night times, too.
I think most people who have, hunted, fished, camped, hiked, or spent even a modest amount of time exploring the outdoors can see through the fallacy of the Bigfoot experience.
It's fun to sit around the campfire and pretend the boogie man is wandering around your campsite. We would do this samething to the younger kids in Indian Guides and the Boy Scouts.....did you hear that?
A great example of this is when you finally discover who/what is rummaging through all your camping gear....stay in your tent, it's Bigfoot coming to visit!
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2017, 05:55 AM   #89
Drewbot
Philosopher

The thing about the campfire stories is that the targets are so naive, easy pickins for the older story tellers. I remember the camp counselors organizing a Snipe hunt, and the older kids going along with it, adding layer upon layer of silliness to the game. But we were sucked in, wondering if we could be the first to catch one.

That night one of the older kids told us it was fake, but we didn't want to believe him, we tried to rationalize why he would tell us it was fake.

The next year at camp we got to be part of the game. Tricking the noobs to go along.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2017, 06:09 AM   #90
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

^^^^^
LOL....man I forgot about that one....here's your burlap bag, stand right here, we will drive the snipes to you!
Old 16th January 2017, 03:27 PM   #91
AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator

This is such a wonderful example of the sophomoric, abusive inclinations behind the smiling face of 'footery.

The nondisclosure agreement allows full rights to speak about:

Quote:
information that is approved by the SRA, in writing, for release.
Otherwise you agree it will do them irreparable harm i.e. infinite damages in court. This is the level of hysterics they're in over anyone who would contradict their Alternative Reality narrative with facts.

Inviting a skeptic along - isn't that such elegant insulting? Ladies, I invite you to my gang rape. You have to sign this agreement that if we decide to kill and eat you or whatever that you and your heirs will not sue.

Well, it's interesting to watch. Sure as hell beats television. I don't know how people can watch it.
AlaskaBushPilot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2017, 03:56 PM   #92
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by AlaskaBushPilot View Post
This is such a wonderful example of the sophomoric, abusive inclinations behind the smiling face of 'footery.

The nondisclosure agreement allows full rights to speak about:

Otherwise you agree it will do them irreparable harm i.e. infinite damages in court. This is the level of hysterics they're in over anyone who would contradict their Alternative Reality narrative with facts.

Inviting a skeptic along - isn't that such elegant insulting? Ladies, I invite you to my gang rape. You have to sign this agreement that if we decide to kill and eat you or whatever that you and your heirs will not sue.

Well, it's interesting to watch. Sure as hell beats television. I don't know how people can watch it.
Yes. I actually was seriously considering it, but not with an NDA like that. It is both ridiculously amateurish and unforgivably one sided.
Old 16th January 2017, 05:31 PM   #93
dmaker
Graduate Poster

... ridiculously amateurish...
That sums up most of bigfootery. Add in ignorant and deceptive and you pretty much have the whole ball of wax.

To participate in this folly as an enthusiast you must ignore the wilful denial of facts and accept as genuine and valid such amateurish things like this NDA, or the NAWAC reports, or the obviously doomed to failure research endeavours like the failed Falcon Project. None of it is real. None of it passes even cursory examination by a critical observer.

Yet, still we have people like NL who come here and tell tales of candy projectiles by the campfire. That people self select into this and then choose to peddle this nonsense outside of BLAARGing circles is one of the many things that truly boggle me about the bigfoot community. Who do they think, outside of other game playing footers, is going to believe any of it? It's almost as if they are hiding behind the audacity of the claims. As if to say, if I didn't truly believe something this ridiculous, why would I say it?

I'm still not buying it. I still cannot help but feel the number of true believers must be very small.

Though, I suppose I should be informed and reminded by Darwin:

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science."

Last edited by dmaker; 16th January 2017 at 06:06 PM.
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2017, 05:28 PM   #94
AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator

Originally Posted by dmaker View Post
None of it passes even cursory examination by a critical observer...

As if to say, if I didn't truly believe something this ridiculous, why would I say it?
Because Duper's Delight.
AlaskaBushPilot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2017, 07:51 AM   #95
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Just checking in to a BF thread for a change.
So, no Bigfoot specimen captured or brought out of the bush dead yet I see.

Gotta be soon though, right?
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2017, 08:13 AM   #96
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

That sums up most of bigfootery. Add in ignorant and deceptive and you pretty much have the whole ball of wax.

To participate in this folly as an enthusiast you must ignore the wilful denial of facts and accept as genuine and valid such amateurish things like this NDA, or the NAWAC reports, or the obviously doomed to failure research endeavours like the failed Falcon Project. None of it is real. None of it passes even cursory examination by a critical observer.

Yet, still we have people like NL who come here and tell tales of candy projectiles by the campfire. That people self select into this and then choose to peddle this nonsense outside of BLAARGing circles is one of the many things that truly boggle me about the bigfoot community. Who do they think, outside of other game playing footers, is going to believe any of it? It's almost as if they are hiding behind the audacity of the claims. As if to say, if I didn't truly believe something this ridiculous, why would I say it?

I'm still not buying it. I still cannot help but feel the number of true believers must be very small.

Though, I suppose I should be informed and reminded by Darwin:

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science."
It's difficult to discern the percentage of true believers from those preying on them. You have to separate out the obvious ********ters like the NAWAC and that Far Archer idiot, but then there are the imbeciles that claim to believe in them. In all these groups, including NL's SRA, there are the leaders who are likely BLAARGing, and the credules that fawn over them. It's hard to tell the players without a program; none of the dupers seem to ever come forward.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2017, 08:19 AM   #97
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post

According to this group of geniuses, it's going to take anywhere from 30 million to a billion:
http://bigfootforums.com/index.php?/...cher-specimen/
And some kind of sooper-seekrit seal team six to crack the defenses of the omnipotent footie. 'Cause human beings have hardly been able to adapt, survive, conquer and thrive in just about every latitude, ecosystem, environment and climate.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2017, 10:24 AM   #98
dmaker
Graduate Poster

I saw that thread. I don't have an account there any longer, but once in a while I do the lurk anon thing.

That was a fascinating and hilarious thread to watch grow. It's fascinating in the way each new participant just pulls numbers out of the air and drives the cost up and everyone just sagely nods their head and agrees. It's a good gaming demonstration.
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2017, 10:53 AM   #99
AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator

Probably the only genuine expedition looking for "bigfoot" was the London Daily Mail expedition in 1954.

What they immediately found was Nepal is a densely populated country, right up to the edges of the rocks and glaciers nothing can survive upon. Where men regularly die just trying for a matter of hours to survive through reaching a peak. Standing there just long enough for a photo and then descending in order to remain alive.

From the beginning, this hoax industry has preyed upon ignorance, in this case knowing people on the other side of the globe are going to mistakenly think Nepal is some vast garden of Eden with giant apes picking fruit off trees or something.

Yeah Resume we just don't find examples of people who make a splash in 'footery eventually announcing they don't believe anymore.

That's extremely powerful evidence. Once you've passed the Event Horizon of this black hole, there is no turning back. Because it exposes you as a fraud. Whatever reason you have to offer for no longer believing in bigfoot was known to you already, long ago, and it was just as obvious then as it is now.

So you were BLAARGing.
Old 18th January 2017, 11:13 AM   #100
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

I saw that thread. I don't have an account there any longer, but once in a while I do the lurk anon thing.

That was a fascinating and hilarious thread to watch grow. It's fascinating in the way each new participant just pulls numbers out of the air and drives the cost up and everyone just sagely nods their head and agrees. It's a good gaming demonstration.
And Cap'n Crunch BLAARGs blithely on, as if no one has seen Lone Survivor.
Quote:
I've had enemy all around me, and even step between my head and outstretched hand - and missed me. Why? I wore some decent camo, I was motionless, and most people look over terrain - and don't properly scan in detail. If you had 10,000 people, maybe twenty would have the eye for detail required.
How many times is he gonna relate this anecdote?

WS
Old 18th January 2017, 04:52 PM   #101
AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator

That's pretty interesting.

Bigfoot is everywhere. Until you need to shoot one, and then Bigfoot is nowhere.

They do big game population sampling to manage them and you can look up the budgets for it by state. The first one I found was here:

file:///C:/Users/bob/Downloads/Insid...all%202008.pdf

It's for Montana. Bigfoot country, allegedly.

$65K for six species, one year of counts: Elk, Mule Deer, Bighorn Sheep, Moose, Mountain Goat, and Whitetail Deer.

That's $1,100 per species.
Old 18th January 2017, 07:00 PM   #102
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
According to this group of geniuses, it's going to take anywhere from 30 million to a billion:
And some kind of sooper-seekrit seal team six to crack the defenses of the omnipotent footie. 'Cause human beings have hardly been able to adapt, survive, conquer and thrive in just about every latitude, ecosystem, environment and climate.
I decided to gamble some brain cells and read page one.
If those guys ever had to hunt for their own food they would starve.
Its a wonder that anyone hunts moose around here. The meat is not worth the apparent $millions it costs to find one.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2017, 08:43 PM   #103
AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator

So now we have some data to compare. $1,100 per species for six big game species vs. the estimated $30 million lower bound for bigfoot.

At a minimum, it is 23,270 times more expensive to count a bigfoot population than a real one. It might be up to a million times more expensive.

That is an interesting example of Live Action play. Yes, of course what we are saying is plausible. When we are talking to other gamers.

But at the same time we can take car-camping trips at the cost of beer and gas to count Good-n-Plenty tossing Sasquatches at the perimeter of your campfire light. I see no contradiction here.
Old 19th January 2017, 10:22 AM   #104
Drewbot
Philosopher

So now we have some data to compare. $1,100 11,000 Approx. per species for six big game species vs. the estimated $30 million lower bound for bigfoot.

At a minimum, it is 23,270 times more expensive to count a bigfoot population than a real one. It might be up to a million times more expensive.

That is an interesting example of Live Action play. Yes, of course what we are saying is plausible. When we are talking to other gamers.

But at the same time we can take car-camping trips at the cost of beer and gas to count Good-n-Plenty tossing Sasquatches at the perimeter of your campfire light. I see no contradiction here.
Your point still applies, it's cheap. But any footer seeing this, would jump all over that and discredit your point with it.
Old 19th January 2017, 11:30 AM   #105
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

And Cap'n Crunch BLAARGs blithely on, as if no one has seen Lone Survivor.

How many times is he gonna relate this anecdote?
Pretty funny malarkey from the same guy that scurried out of the woods on a regular basis because......BIGFEETS!!!
I wonder if he's afraid of the dark like our resident "packin large" footer?
Old 19th January 2017, 11:56 AM   #106
AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator

Your point still applies, it's cheap. But any footer seeing this, would jump all over that and discredit your point with it.
Hey, thanks Drewbot. That did seem amazingly small.

Just like our BLAARGers - checking each other's math for precision on bigfoot enumeration survey costs.
Old 19th January 2017, 12:55 PM   #107
Drewbot
Philosopher

I presented the simple survey option to the Footers. Single engine cessna, with 45 degree camera angle, with look down FLIR video, you then go back to the office and watch the video, counting the number of Bigfoots on the video.

This is how they survey Elk, Deer and other large animals.

The Cessna would be too loud the Footers said. As the deer and elk on the video stand perfectly still unaware that the plane several thousand feet away is even near them.

Article about the simple survey method http://visionairresearch.com/wp-cont...ofessional.pdf
Old 19th January 2017, 01:14 PM   #108
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Pretty funny malarkey from the same guy that scurried out of the woods on a regular basis because......BIGFEETS!!!
I wonder if he's afraid of the dark like our resident "packin large" footer?
Currently -and this is hilarious- he is complaining on his posts being sent to the Campfire Stories subforum.
http://bigfootforums.com/index.php?/...nius-with-a-j/

We must have a mole in moderation over there.

WS
Old 19th January 2017, 06:25 PM   #109
AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator

Blimp rentals:

https://www.bandago.com/blimp.html

$300 to $1200 a day. Probably depends on how many strippers you need for staff.
Old 20th January 2017, 03:58 AM   #110
gabeygoat
Graduate Poster

Blimp rentals:

https://www.bandago.com/blimp.html

$300 to $1200 a day. Probably depends on how many strippers you need for staff.
Holy crap, I want to do this
Old 20th January 2017, 05:31 AM   #111
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Currently -and this is hilarious- he is complaining on his posts being sent to the Campfire Stories subforum.
http://bigfootforums.com/index.php?/...nius-with-a-j/

We must have a mole in moderation over there.
While I certainly love seeing him revealing himself to be the crybaby he is, and I'm not defending him by any means. Rest assured that MB/Masterbarber is not by any means a "stand up guy", when I got banned from BFF (Bigfoot Fantasy W/Friends) there was never a response to my inquiry in regards to the explanation given for me being banned. The "King Poop of Turd Island" mentality reigns supreme in their little world. They don't like being challenged when busted for BS calls.
Old 20th January 2017, 07:17 AM   #112
Craig B
Penultimate Amazing

... "King Poop of Turd Island" ...
That is very appropriate. In this discussion the absence of any tracks in Alaskan winter snow cover is explained by the suggestion that the bigfoots build substantial winter shelters which they never leave, heating them with a mixture of plant material and their own fermenting faeces forming a compost. They live on frozen meat, thawed as required in proximity to this warmth-producing compost.

In spring they apparently totally dismantle these dwelling structures so that nothing is left for researchers to examine.

This seems very strange indeed.
Craig B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2017, 08:02 AM   #113
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Craig B View Post
That is very appropriate. In this discussion the absence of any tracks in Alaskan winter snow cover is explained by the suggestion that the bigfoots build substantial winter shelters which they never leave, heating them with a mixture of plant material and their own fermenting faeces forming a compost. They live on frozen meat, thawed as required in proximity to this warmth-producing compost.

In spring they apparently totally dismantle these dwelling structures so that nothing is left for researchers to examine.

This seems very strange indeed.
It's astoundingly stupid, but that's why it's called Bigfoot Fantasy w/Friends.
The discussion while entertaining is based on these giant leaps of fantastically ignorant conjecture, that completely ignores simple facts about the history of flora and fauna in the continental U.S.
Here's a "Duh" moment for the Bigfoot ignoramus association....if Bigfoot where hanging out eating deer, that species would have come into contact with us centuries ago during our march towards the near extinction of white tail deer east of the Mississippi River.
Just a simple bit of research would reveal the reality of the Bigfoot phenomenon as nothing but a social construct. Which in itself is fascinating and perhaps worthy of study.

Last edited by Cervelo; 20th January 2017 at 08:05 AM.
Old 20th January 2017, 08:23 AM   #114
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

It's astoundingly stupid, but that's why it's called Bigfoot Fantasy w/Friends.
The discussion while entertaining is based on these giant leaps of fantastically ignorant conjecture, that completely ignores simple facts about the history of flora and fauna in the continental U.S.
Here's a "Duh" moment for the Bigfoot ignoramus association....if Bigfoot where hanging out eating deer, that species would have come into contact with us centuries ago during our march towards the near extinction of white tail deer east of the Mississippi River.
Just a simple bit of research would reveal the reality of the Bigfoot phenomenon as nothing but a social construct. Which in itself is fascinating and perhaps worthy of study.
The natural history of North America automatically debunks all bigfootery claims. Existence is demonstrable and the existence of a 6 to 9-ft bipedal ape would have been demonstrated a very long time ago in a first conflict with the only actual ape native to the continent. There would have been many subsequent conflicts, with plenty of physical evidence from bones to skulls to skins, all long before the first Europeans set foot. And if there were any bigfoot left, those Europeans would have had the same experiences and collected the same evidence.

There is no bigfoot.

WS
Old 20th January 2017, 02:07 PM   #115
AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator

Skeptics visiting Bigfoot Fora report there are gamers who are so preposterous, even for a 'footer, that their narratives are sent to "campfire stories" i.e. lies or fantasma.

That proves up on the "plausible deniability" principle. When Bigfoot Live Action Alternate Reality Gaming, one denies it is a game. This assertion is not plausible if every bigfoot story is gleefully accepted.

This is by default true whenever a hoax is proven to certainty - like when your ice melts and it is a suit inside the frozen block. But it is also true while live action gaming.

There is a role for a gamer to fill here: to be the one so enthusiastic about bigfoot that your stories have to be sent to the "lies and fantasma" page of a Live Action Gaming discussion board.

So he's happy. See: Bob Denver, Gilligan's Island.
Old 20th January 2017, 02:19 PM   #116
AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator

Originally Posted by gabeygoat View Post
Holy crap, I want to do this
On further thought, I agree. In fact, I had no idea it was this reasonable. So much so that it seems well-within crowd-sourcing as an experimental demonstration how stupid the bigfoot hypothesis is.

With a blimp you can bring up a team, use FLIR or whatever too - buy second-hand stuff Wally Hersom bought for these fakers. Have a ground team too, of volunteers doing game drives and grid counting Elk Pooh simultaneously...

Collect two sets of data on the animals detected, scat, foraging evidence, etc... and then the evidence on bigfoot. We'll need a few hundred gigabytes ram on the bigfoot evidence storage and processing computer. A warehouse for the bones.

The participants sign NDA's: Non Dummy-up Agreements. You promise to squeal. Far and wide. But to be honest. Pictures, films, data spreadsheets, etc.

We are talking single-digit thousands to do it at all if people pay their own way to come. Strippers and cowboy cut rib-eye steaks for the organizers are going to push it into five figures, but we'll still stay in tents. If I have anything to say about it, anyway.

The Falcon Project wanted $300,000 so that is a great example of how a faker would do things. Merldumb raised $12K for it. That's enough for us to do a real proof-of-concept skeptical project right there. A world class project could be done for a fraction of Merldumb's figure.

We'll have a drone team too. Is there like an executive seat, I mean cot, trick-shack for these blimps?

Ideally, you time it simultaneously with a BFRO expedition.

Last edited by AlaskaBushPilot; 20th January 2017 at 02:32 PM.
Old 20th January 2017, 06:16 PM   #117
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

...Ideally, you time it simultaneously with a BFRO expedition.
The best idea I've heard all day. A guest appearance they never see coming. "Oh **** what's that? Mommie!"
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2017, 05:54 AM   #118
Drewbot
Philosopher

All this talk about disproving bigfoot seems like we are just trying to actually untie the Gordian knot that the Bigfooters have tied up, and set out for us to untie.

I say we cut the knot in half.

"It makes no difference how they are loosed"- Alexander III of Macedon

Here we are trying to untie it, and checkmate the Footers, when it's just a fool's game.

I say we crowdsource a short Youtube video displaying all the real scientist's opinions of Bigfoot, and put an end to this.

Last edited by Drewbot; 23rd January 2017 at 05:56 AM.
Old 23rd January 2017, 12:16 PM   #119
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post

Let's push for the last day of this year, if he hasn't been bagged by then, I'm owed a massively unprecedented purse of £50 from our very own Indiana Jones of Bigfootery, Northern Lights.

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2017, 12:23 PM   #120
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Here we are trying to untie it, and checkmate the Footers, when it's just a fool's game.
That's the thing, there's never going to be any checkmate either way, and Bigfooters know this as much as the sceptics do.

Bigfoot can never be found, not because he's fantastic at Hide and Seek, but because he's non-existent, so this back and forth is essentially going to go on until someone gets bored and moves onto something else. It's the very reason why everyone involved perishes with the "mystery" still unsolved. Krantz and the like, all snuffed it without any indication that their lifetime hobby was worth the effort, and it'll be true of Meldrum and everyone else.

I saw Todd Dissotel pimping himself out on the History channel the other day, some incredibly pathetic series regarding Giants in the USA...Can't remember the name, but it was truly woeful. Still, at least Todd got rid of the mohawk/moustache combo.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal