IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , bigfoot

Old 14th February 2017, 11:36 AM   #161
Northern Lights
Muse

Originally Posted by Gilbert Syndrome View Post
The day that Meldrum finds a clue is the day that Northern Lights finds a Bigfoot! lol.
Oh I've found him. I just can't prove it.
Old 14th February 2017, 12:07 PM   #162
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2017, 01:51 PM   #163
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Oh I've found him.
Then go back to that place. Right now would be good. Tracking snow and all.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2017, 02:04 PM   #164
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
That makes to much sense if your hunting Bigfoot....but if you're fishing, posting such nonsense on a skeptical fourm is a great way to accomplish ones goal.
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2017, 11:58 PM   #165
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

When you find something, it normally doesn't tend to get lost again immediately after being found, though... Why is Bigfoot so hard to keep a hold of? That's like saying your numbers came up in the lottery but you didn't play it that weekend.

If you're finding this creature, and doing it with relative ease, then why are we still waiting for literally any kind of credible evidence?

All of these people finding Bigfoot, and having their winning numbers show up, but nobody has seemed to ever claim the prize. Odd, that.

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2017, 12:45 AM   #166
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
What exactly did you find?

Bring Back the Yak! P.J. Denyer
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2017, 12:59 AM   #167
EHocking
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Gullible sceptics that are willing to be trolled on an Internet forum?

A closed mouth gathers no feet"
"Ignorance is a renewable resource" P.J.O'Rourke
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2017, 05:51 AM   #168
Drewbot
Philosopher

This goes directly against Footer101, which tells Footers to leave the vicinity as soon as any potential Bigfoots show up.

Also, do not go back until you have sufficient reason to go back and have an excuse why Bigfoot is no longer there. i.e.
Quote:
a new oil well was dug in the vicinity so Bigfoot left
, or
Quote:
an increase in wolf population has forced Bigfoot out of the area.
you can come up with your own, it's fun.

Quote:
Someone leaked the location, and Bigfooters flocked to the area, thus scaring away the Bigfoots.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2017, 08:48 AM   #169
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
This goes directly against Footer101, which tells Footers to leave the vicinity as soon as any potential Bigfoots show up.

Also, do not go back until you have sufficient reason to go back and have an excuse why Bigfoot is no longer there. i.e. , or

you can come up with your own, it's fun.
Winter migration.

Mom won't let me spend my allowance on this **** anymore.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2017, 09:13 AM   #170
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by EHocking View Post
As is nearly everything, this too is effort free.

WS
Old 15th February 2017, 11:46 AM   #171
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

As is nearly everything, this too is effort free.
As in nearly everything bigfoot, this too is effort free.

WS
Old 15th February 2017, 02:00 PM   #172
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Empty candy box?

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2017, 02:37 PM   #173
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Just like the NAWACOs, you're either immune to the absurdity of that statement or in on it. This isn't you failing to get proof of a certain species of woodpecker thought to have gone extinct, this is a beast that has supposedly been seen by thousands of people and whose genuine existence would literally change human kind forever and make you rich at the same time, but you just can't find the time to prove it? That's Incredible™.

Last edited by HarryHenderson; 15th February 2017 at 02:38 PM.
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2017, 07:43 AM   #174
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by EHocking View Post
I'm not sure if he's actually fooling many, tbf. What else is there to discuss in a Bigfoot forum, though?

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2017, 07:47 AM   #175
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by HarryHenderson View Post
Just like the NAWACOs, you're either immune to the absurdity of that statement or in on it. This isn't you failing to get proof of a certain species of woodpecker thought to have gone extinct, this is a beast that has supposedly been seen by thousands of people and whose genuine existence would literally change human kind forever and make you rich at the same time, but you just can't find the time to prove it? That's Incredible™.
Some people even have one in their garden which they apparently feed on an almost regular basis. Imagine that, having a multi-million dollar lottery ticket just showing up at your kitchen door looking for scraps of Sunday's roast dinner!

I'm sure if Bigfoot where even remotely real, this fabled "no shoot" policy would go out of the window and every Tom, Dick and Harry would be running amok with a rifle, trying to bring home a ticket to fame and fortune. But nah.

Old 16th February 2017, 08:07 AM   #176
Drewbot
Philosopher

For those of you on Facebook, there is a new group of Bigfoot Hunters.

The ULTIMATE FEMALE BIGFOOT TEAM.
www.facebook.com/TheUltimateFemaleSquatchinTeam/

Alaskabushpilot do you think they would be an asset to our Bigfoot expedition?

Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2017, 08:14 AM   #177
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

That looks like an ad for a Bigfoot phone-sex site, lol.

"Call now to hear one of our beautiful girls reciting the events from Bluff creek in 1967...Only $3 per minute..."

Old 16th February 2017, 08:24 AM   #178
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

If you were wondering what female Trump voters are like...
Old 16th February 2017, 02:38 PM   #179
AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator

www.facebook.com/TheUltimateFemaleSquatchinTeam/

Alaskabushpilot do you think they would be an asset to our Bigfoot expedition?

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640...923/BJfvZG.jpg
My Goodness. I'm prepping for an expedition myself, or I'd chase this lead down straight away.

It's less than two weeks away and it's another re-creation of Patterson's most important expedition. I can't divulge the exact location as per 'footer doctrine but holy **** this is a 100% lock on hair samples, lol.

The pictures will not be blurry.
AlaskaBushPilot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2017, 04:54 PM   #180
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Gilbert Syndrome View Post
That looks like an ad for a Bigfoot phone-sex site, lol.

"Call now to hear one of our beautiful girls reciting the events from Bluff creek in 1967...Only $3 per minute..."
That's funny!

I've been saying it for a long time and you guys never believed me, it's about the chicks, man. Meldrum's getting more than cash to show up at the "Northeastern Washington Bigfoot Symposium hosted by Becky", and it's Becky.
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2017, 05:30 PM   #181
The Shrike
Philosopher

The one in camo on the far right will be totally into me tonight if I can master this lucid dreaming thing.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2017, 05:34 PM   #182
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
The one in camo on the far right will be totally into me tonight if I can master this lucid dreaming thing.
Then in an unexpected turn, she says "I'd totally let Trumpy grab my pussy."

WS
Old 16th February 2017, 05:59 PM   #183
AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator

You really have to hand it to these ladies.

Quote:
...Maybe someday we'll be considered for a show...
Bigfoot's Angels. Adapted from Charlie's Angels.

The problem with these research assistants, in terms of bona-fide Patterson-Style objectives, is in results.

Patterson was outcome-oriented. That's why in the end he went with Asian research assistants. We are purists at this institute, and pledge adherence to Old School Patterson Bigfoot Hunting.

These Bigfoot Angels are good for television, absolutely. But you want working units.

The one to the left of Shrike's. Dibs on that.

Last edited by AlaskaBushPilot; 16th February 2017 at 06:03 PM.
AlaskaBushPilot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2017, 05:45 AM   #184
Drewbot
Philosopher

Amiwrong?
Old 17th February 2017, 01:18 PM   #185
The Shrike
Philosopher

Amiwrong?
Nope, that's my order too. But I'd still have plenty of love to share with BigfootBachelorette #1!
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2017, 01:52 PM   #186
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

One of them appears to be for sale...

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2017, 06:30 PM   #187
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
One of them appears to be for sale...
That's how they get ya. Lure you into a false sense of ownership with a cheap initial price, but then just a few years later get half the proceeds of the sale of that Caribbean island you'd saved up your entire life for. I've no doubt Squatchin' Gals™ are one big crap shoot where you'll constantly need to do everything in your power to make sure that 7 doesn't come too soon.
Old 17th February 2017, 07:13 PM   #188
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Yeah well you can put them in any order you want but you ain't getting anywhere. They are Bigfooters and you are Skeptics. You have a closed mind and probably have various small genitals and you don't go into the woods. If you were a wood guy you would see Bigfoot or hear him. You probably don't give a crap about NASCAR either. These women are Squatchers. They don't like a man who would look at a wild animal and say "oh I don't want to kill that" instead of just shooting it. Anything like skunks and turtles and buzzards.

Your music too. They don't like your music.
Old 17th February 2017, 08:07 PM   #189
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Yeah well you can put them in any order you want but you ain't getting anywhere. They are Bigfooters and you are Skeptics. You have a closed mind and probably have various small genitals and you don't go into the woods. If you were a wood guy you would see Bigfoot or hear him. You probably don't give a crap about NASCAR either. These women are Squatchers. They don't like a man who would look at a wild animal and say "oh I don't want to kill that" instead of just shooting it. Anything like skunks and turtles and buzzards.

Your music too. They don't like your music.
I've had the opportunity to consume some cable outdoor network programming recently and noticed no shortage of Caribou Barbie knockoffs; bad road runners in eyeliner, gloss lipstick with sparkles, posing with game animals they may (or not) have actually harvested their own damn selves. God and jesus are praised as the mountain goat, mule deer, black bear, or red squirrel bleeds out on camera. I don't speak their language despite having spent much of my life out of doors.

I heard the following on a program depicting a turkey hunt in South Florida: "The guides had to cut the hunt short as they needed to kill a couple gators for an upcoming wedding."

Despite living in SW Florida for a time, hanging out with some genuine crackers on occasion, nothing in life prepared me to parse such a sentence.

WS
Old 18th February 2017, 02:14 PM   #190
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Though I don't think anyone above was talking about "marriage" near as much as they were talking about "just 15 minutes".
Old 18th February 2017, 02:53 PM   #191
AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator

I don't have empathy for hunting as a spectator sport. But I don't have much empathy for spectating of any kind except world championship boxing and tits. You'll note the ring girls are always top flight, and in the audience you find top toddy too.

Any format can do for the latter, even banal TV like I Dream of Jeannie. Showcasing tits - boy, a real innovation there. At the time, the contract stipulated that they could never show Barbara Eden's belly button. They got five seasons with no belly button - and probably would have gotten ten if the last five lowered her sash one inch per year.

The market already shows this is a winning combination with bigfoot - or rather just a natural market nobody has ever tried to exploit up to now.

You have this "elder statesman" lady and then the models, these younger babes. These are babes, nobody is denying that. Well done, statesman.

I can see working on a "Babes of Bigfoot" calendar for the auto shop guys, welding shops, heavy equipment/logger types.

But I got my hands full on this expedition. I can do pictures for the Asian months. It would be All Asian All the Time for me but we have a market demand we have to follow.
Old 20th February 2017, 06:35 AM   #192
Drewbot
Philosopher

Originally Posted by AlaskaBushPilot View Post

But I got my hands full on this expedition. I can do pictures for the Asian months. It would be All Asian All the Time for me but we have a market demand we have to follow.
Yes.
China is the market we want to target with the calendar.

We'll get Chris Walas to make us a Yeren suit, and have chicks with AK-47s and ancient Chinese weapons holding the creature at bay.

ABP- you take the photos, i'll wear the Yeren suit.

https://www.shutterstock.com/image-v...apons-29809066
Old 20th February 2017, 09:32 AM   #193
The Shrike
Philosopher

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
They are Bigfooters . . .
Aw come on - they're not bigfooters. They're bimbos getting paid to pretend to be bigfooters.
Old 20th February 2017, 10:05 AM   #194
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by AlaskaBushPilot View Post
I can see working on a "Babes of Bigfoot" calendar for the auto shop guys, welding shops, heavy equipment/logger types.
That has already been done.

http://cryptomundo.com/bigfoot-repor...itting-charity
Old 21st February 2017, 08:24 AM   #195
The Shrike
Philosopher

Saw these on a local Jeep yesterday.

I'm seeing bigfoot-themed bumper stickers pretty regularly in this college town.
Old 21st February 2017, 09:58 PM   #196
AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator

Thanks both you guys for those because they give some pricing data.

The calendars are $20. That light cover is $39.

I have a slightly different idea on the calendar William. But the pricing data is good. I'll stand by my product concept as probably better for sales.
Old 21st February 2017, 10:38 PM   #197
AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator

Yes.
China is the market we want to target with the calendar.

We'll get Chris Walas to make us a Yeren suit, and have chicks with AK-47s and ancient Chinese weapons holding the creature at bay.

ABP- you take the photos, i'll wear the Yeren suit.

https://www.shutterstock.com/image-v...apons-29809066
Interesting weapons. China sure has an upside if anything caught on there.
Old 22nd February 2017, 06:51 AM   #198
Drewbot
Philosopher

We should probably start a GoFundMe so we can go scout locations, recruit talent for the calendar etc...
Old 22nd February 2017, 08:00 AM   #199
Drewbot
Philosopher

We should probably start a GoFundMe so we can go scout locations, recruit talent for the calendar etc...
It's for charity, so it's all legit.
Old 22nd February 2017, 05:03 PM   #200
GT/CS
Illuminator

A calendar with a Hawaii theme. 😉

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal