IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Closed Thread
Old 5th January 2022, 02:21 PM   #241
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
is it just me, or would that not violate all kinds of laws about making money from things taxpayers paid for?
I don't know. I don't think there's a clothing allowance which would mean she bought the hat, I doubt we commissioned the painting and if she owns it (as in it was gifted after leaving the WH) she can NFT it to her heart's content.
I'd agree it all feels a tad shabby... but we did at one time have Billy Beer.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 5th January 2022, 02:33 PM   #242
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
I don't know. I don't think there's a clothing allowance which would mean she bought the hat, I doubt we commissioned the painting and if she owns it (as in it was gifted after leaving the WH) she can NFT it to her heart's content.
I'd agree it all feels a tad shabby... but we did at one time have Billy Beer.
Billy Beer was the creation of Bill Clinton's brother. As he had no role in the administration, that law did not apply to him.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 5th January 2022, 03:25 PM   #243
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Billy Beer was the creation of Bill Clinton's brother. As he had no role in the administration, that law did not apply to him.
Quite true, but... that wasn't my point.

"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 5th January 2022, 03:41 PM   #244
slyjoe
Illuminator

Jimmy Carter's brother.
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 5th January 2022, 09:52 PM   #245
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
Jimmy Carter's brother.
Nice, that slid right past my brain as well.

Old 5th January 2022, 11:02 PM   #246
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
Trump's probably going to watch the rerun on TV tomorrow, saying "Look at all those people fighting for me!"
And think it's live.
Old 6th January 2022, 12:17 AM   #247
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
Jimmy Carter's brother.
Ah crap....you're right! Getting old sucks.

Welcome to the club. At least I'm not the only one. Time for my Prevagen.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 6th January 2022 at 12:19 AM.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 6th January 2022, 02:17 AM   #248
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

Ditto.
Fast Eddie B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 6th January 2022, 07:07 AM   #249
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
The Trumps (you know, the people who are supposedly billionaires) are finding new ways to make money...

The former U.S. first lady announced...she will hold an auction called The Head of State Collection featuring three items: the “iconic broad-brimmed, one-of-a-kind hat” that she wore when Emmanuel and Brigitte Macron visited the White House...a watercolor of her wearing the same hat by French artist Marc-Antoine Coulon; and a digital version of that same artwork (in the form of a non-fungible token, or NFT).

Is it just me, or does it seem weird (and a little cheesy) that the former first family is going after such sales (which would seem rather "tiny" for people that are supposedly billionaires).
Remember, to these folks there are two kinds of currency: $US and media attention.

Plus we don’t know how many NFTs the Republican National Committee is going to buy.
Old 6th January 2022, 07:55 AM   #250
catsmate
No longer the 1

Exclamation

Ah Biden. So nice to see a US President who can speak coherently, use words properly and string those words into sentences that carry ideas. Something of a difference from "the former president".
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 6th January 2022, 08:23 AM   #251
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Ah crap....you're right! Getting old sucks.

Welcome to the club. At least I'm not the only one. Time for my Prevagen.
Be careful, that may make you have an uncontrollable outburst of racism!
If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 6th January 2022, 10:43 AM   #252
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Trump's probably going to watch the rerun on TV tomorrow, saying "Look at all those people fighting for me!"
According to Stephanie Grisham, that's exactly what he said on the day he watched it live!
Old 6th January 2022, 11:49 AM   #253
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
Ah Biden. So nice to see a US President who can speak coherently, use words properly and string those words into sentences that carry ideas. Something of a difference from "the former president".
I hear he can even drink water from a glass with one hand!

When Republican politicians were young, they were the kids who watched James Bond movies and said "I want to grow up to be just like [insert name of villain here]."
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 6th January 2022, 01:49 PM   #254
Tero
Illuminator

Grisham thinks you can have America First without Trump. Ha ha ha!

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/06/polit...ntv/index.html

Politics blog: https://esapolitics.blogspot.com/
Parody: http://karireport.blogspot.com/
Poll: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...proval-rating/
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 6th January 2022, 03:20 PM   #255
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

According to Stephanie Grisham, that's exactly what he said on the day he watched it live!
Former White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham tells CNN that during the attack on the Capitol, Trump was "gleefully" watching the riot from the White House dining room.

She said he kept hitting rewind and saying, "Look at all those people fighting for me."
Andy_Ross is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 6th January 2022, 03:26 PM   #256
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

There is a story in the current New Yorker titled, "Is a Civil War Ahead?"

If Hillary Clinton had won in 2016 I don't think that article would have been published. The idea would have seemed ridiculous. This is what donald trump did for the United States. Maybe his biggest accomplishment. Leave people worrying and wondering if a Civil War -- or what Marjorie Taylor Greene calls a "National Divorce" -- is in our future.

Quote:
Former White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said she is personally hoping to "travel the country and talk to people who are believers like I once was" and "explain who (Trump) really is," also calling the former President a "master manipulator."

"I'm hoping that people will talk to somebody like me or some of these other people who really did believe in Trump and understand you can be proud of his policies, you can still be behind a lot of the America First policies that he implemented, which I am, but it doesn't have to be him. It just doesn't have to be this man who has caused such chaos and destruction in the country," she told CNN." link to article on CNN
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 6th January 2022, 06:41 PM   #257
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Tero View Post
Grisham thinks you can have America First without Trump. Ha ha ha!

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/06/polit...ntv/index.html
That particular article has the following :

Former White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said Thursday that more than a dozen of her former Trump administration colleagues plan to meet next week to try and stop former President Donald Trump as he continues to "manipulate people and divide our country."

I'm kind of split on this sort of thing....

On one hand, it is good to see opposition to Trump growing, and including people who were former associates (so you can say that its more than just "the libs" who think Trump is a problem.)

On the other hand, I sometimes want to smack these type of people around. They knew what Trump was like even before the 2016 election. They knew he was a racist. They knew he had anti-democracy/authoritarian leanings (telling his cult members he would support them if they attacked protesters, saying that he might not accept the election results if he lost. etc.) And many of them continued to work for him even past the 2020 election... after he had tried to blackmail a foreign government to help get elected, after he had protesters tear-gassed for a photo-op, etc. They looked at all that, and decided "yup that's the guy we want as president". And now, after they gave their stamp of approval to Trump for all those years, they pretend they are upset just because he continues doing pretty much the same stuff post-2021 that he was doing for the past half-decade (that they thought was perfectly acceptable).

I'm Mary Poppins Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 6th January 2022, 06:58 PM   #258
slyjoe
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
That particular article has the following :

Former White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said Thursday that more than a dozen of her former Trump administration colleagues plan to meet next week to try and stop former President Donald Trump as he continues to "manipulate people and divide our country."

I'm kind of split on this sort of thing....

On one hand, it is good to see opposition to Trump growing, and including people who were former associates (so you can say that its more than just "the libs" who think Trump is a problem.)

On the other hand, I sometimes want to smack these type of people around. They knew what Trump was like even before the 2016 election. They knew he was a racist. They knew he had anti-democracy/authoritarian leanings (telling his cult members he would support them if they attacked protesters, saying that he might not accept the election results if he lost. etc.) And many of them continued to work for him even past the 2020 election... after he had tried to blackmail a foreign government to help get elected, after he had protesters tear-gassed for a photo-op, etc. They looked at all that, and decided "yup that's the guy we want as president". And now, after they gave their stamp of approval to Trump for all those years, they pretend they are upset just because he continues doing pretty much the same stuff post-2021 that he was doing for the past half-decade (that they thought was perfectly acceptable).
I agree wholeheartedly with this. This is where consequences for actions would have an effect. The worst part is they are a multiplier; the likes of Hannity et al at Fox news play the same game but affect a lot more people than nutty congressmen.
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 6th January 2022, 09:13 PM   #259
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

I agree they're very smackable but there they are, like it or not, and if they, owing to their disreputable past, can help dissuade those who have not given up the lies and the scams, then I'm quite willing to forego the smacks and wish them bon voyage. Do the right thing and we'll worry about why later.

It's too late to wish they had once been better. Now it's better late than never.

A pedant is a man who studies a vacuum through instruments that allow him to draw cross-sections of the details (John Ciardi)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th January 2022, 01:56 AM   #260
TofuFighter
Illuminator

trump's slew of 'statements' yesterday came in tweet-like fashion. All four of them basically rehashed his usual gripes, and he is definitely not letting go of his 2020 election complaints. The closer it gets to the next set of elections, the more the GOP will fret about trump clinging to his claiMs of RigGing.

You can find the original statements on this page. I've spoilered this because reading the rank nonsense he produces can be quite aggravating. I do wonder how many people read these.

Due to inept leadership that gave us open borders, COVID incompetence, loss of energy independence, a military in chaos, rampant inflation, corrupt elections, and lack of world standing, our Nation, perhaps for the first time, has lost its confidence!

Biden, who is destroying our Nation with insane policies of open Borders, corrupt Elections, disastrous energy policies, unconstitutional mandates, and devastating school closures, used my name today to try to further divide America. This political theater is all just a distraction for the fact Biden has completely and totally failed. Our Country no longer has Borders, has totally and completely lost control of Covid (record numbers!), is no longer Energy Independent, Inflation is rampant, our Military is in chaos, and our exit, or surrender, from Afghanistan was perhaps the most embarrassing day in the long and distinguished history of the United States—and so much more. Why is it that the Unselect Committee of totally partisan political hacks, whose judgment has long ago been made, not discussing the rigged Presidential Election of 2020? It’s because they don’t have the answers or justifications for what happened. They got away with something, and it is leading to our Country’s destruction. They want all conversation concerning the Election “Canceled.” Just look at the numbers, they speak for themselves. They are not justifiable, so the complicit media just calls it the Big Lie, when in actuality the Big Lie was the Election itself.

The Democrats want to own this day of January 6th so they can stoke fears and divide America. I say, let them have it because America sees through theirs lies and polarizations.

Biden is working hard to try and deflect the incompetent job he is doing, and has done, on the horrible Afghanistan withdrawal (surrender), the Borders, COVID, Inflation, loss of Energy Independence, and much more. Everything he touches turns to failure. That’s what you get when you have a rigged Election.

To watch Biden speaking is very hurtful to many people. They're the ones who tried to stop the peaceful transfer with a rigged election. Just look at the numbers. Does anybody really think that Biden beat Obama with the Black population in select Swing State cities, but nowhere else? That he would lose 18 out of 19 bellwether counties, and 27 out of 27 “toss up” House races, but somehow miraculously receive the most votes in American history with no coattails? That he would lose Florida, Ohio, and Iowa and win, even though it has never been done before?

They spread a “web of lies” about me and Russia for 4 years to try to overturn the 2016 election, and now they lie about how they interfered in the 2020 Election, too. Big Tech was used illegally.

Where did all those votes show up from in Georgia, where it was just revealed they sold ballots for $10 a piece, or in Pennsylvania, and Arizona, and Wisconsin. He acts like he's aggrieved, but we're the ones who were aggrieved and America is suffering because of it with poisonous Borders, record Inflation, a humiliating surrender in Afghanistan, $5 a gallon gas and higher, empty stock shelves, and rampant crime. America is a laughingstock stock of the world, and it's all because of the real insurrection, which took place on November 3rd, but this is an election year and MAGA Republicans should get elected and work with me to fix this horror that Joe Biden and the Democrats have brought us.
Never forget the crime of the 2020 Presidential Election. Never give up!

"They're the ones who tried to stop the peaceful transfer with a rigged election"
TofuFighter is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th January 2022, 02:14 AM   #261
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Be careful, that may make you have an uncontrollable outburst of racism!
Old 7th January 2022, 02:21 AM   #262
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TofuFighter View Post
trump's slew of 'statements' yesterday came in tweet-like fashion. All four of them basically rehashed his usual gripes, and he is definitely not letting go of his 2020 election complaints. The closer it gets to the next set of elections, the more the GOP will fret about trump clinging to his claiMs of RigGing.

You can find the original statements on this page. I've spoilered this because reading the rank nonsense he produces can be quite aggravating. I do wonder how many people read these.

Due to inept leadership that gave us open borders, COVID incompetence, loss of energy independence, a military in chaos, rampant inflation, corrupt elections, and lack of world standing, our Nation, perhaps for the first time, has lost its confidence!

Biden, who is destroying our Nation with insane policies of open Borders, corrupt Elections, disastrous energy policies, unconstitutional mandates, and devastating school closures, used my name today to try to further divide America. This political theater is all just a distraction for the fact Biden has completely and totally failed. Our Country no longer has Borders, has totally and completely lost control of Covid (record numbers!), is no longer Energy Independent, Inflation is rampant, our Military is in chaos, and our exit, or surrender, from Afghanistan was perhaps the most embarrassing day in the long and distinguished history of the United States—and so much more. Why is it that the Unselect Committee of totally partisan political hacks, whose judgment has long ago been made, not discussing the rigged Presidential Election of 2020? It’s because they don’t have the answers or justifications for what happened. They got away with something, and it is leading to our Country’s destruction. They want all conversation concerning the Election “Canceled.” Just look at the numbers, they speak for themselves. They are not justifiable, so the complicit media just calls it the Big Lie, when in actuality the Big Lie was the Election itself.

The Democrats want to own this day of January 6th so they can stoke fears and divide America. I say, let them have it because America sees through theirs lies and polarizations.

Biden is working hard to try and deflect the incompetent job he is doing, and has done, on the horrible Afghanistan withdrawal (surrender), the Borders, COVID, Inflation, loss of Energy Independence, and much more. Everything he touches turns to failure. That’s what you get when you have a rigged Election.

To watch Biden speaking is very hurtful to many people. They're the ones who tried to stop the peaceful transfer with a rigged election. Just look at the numbers. Does anybody really think that Biden beat Obama with the Black population in select Swing State cities, but nowhere else? That he would lose 18 out of 19 bellwether counties, and 27 out of 27 “toss up” House races, but somehow miraculously receive the most votes in American history with no coattails? That he would lose Florida, Ohio, and Iowa and win, even though it has never been done before?

They spread a “web of lies” about me and Russia for 4 years to try to overturn the 2016 election, and now they lie about how they interfered in the 2020 Election, too. Big Tech was used illegally.

Where did all those votes show up from in Georgia, where it was just revealed they sold ballots for $10 a piece, or in Pennsylvania, and Arizona, and Wisconsin. He acts like he's aggrieved, but we're the ones who were aggrieved and America is suffering because of it with poisonous Borders, record Inflation, a humiliating surrender in Afghanistan, $5 a gallon gas and higher, empty stock shelves, and rampant crime. America is a laughingstock stock of the world, and it's all because of the real insurrection, which took place on November 3rd, but this is an election year and MAGA Republicans should get elected and work with me to fix this horror that Joe Biden and the Democrats have brought us.

"They're the ones who tried to stop the peaceful transfer with a rigged election"
Old 7th January 2022, 07:37 AM   #263
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Where did all those votes show up from in Georgia, where it was just revealed they sold ballots for $10 a piece
Ten dollars a piece? I have a daughter who lives in Georgia. The guy charged her twenty bucks a piece for three ballots.

Seriously, what was the point of this rant? And what flunkie wrote it for him?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trump rant.jpg (62.1 KB, 10 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th January 2022, 07:43 AM   #264
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Trump saved my life! I was a 99-pound weakling, but he inspired me to get healthy and outlive him so I can piss on his grave!

When Republican politicians were young, they were the kids who watched James Bond movies and said "I want to grow up to be just like [insert name of villain here]."
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th January 2022, 09:21 AM   #265
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Why would they fret ?

The claims of electoral fraud seem to motivate the Trump base and they, together with people who would vote GOP regardless make up almost all of the Republicans' support. The more the electoral fraud message is pushed, the more likely the Trump base is to turn out.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th January 2022, 11:01 AM   #266
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by Trump
Everything (Biden) touches turns to failure. That’s what you get when you have a rigged Election.
Oh, FFS, can you do anything except repeat the insults aimed at you?
Old 7th January 2022, 01:24 PM   #267
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Oh, how I wish I could have seen Trump's reaction when Biden laid into him, calling him "not only a defeated president, but a failed president".
Old 7th January 2022, 01:40 PM   #268
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

DJT personally had nothing to do with those "tweets". I seriously doubt he even read them before they were made public. They are clearly the work of some lackey with actual thinking and writing skills.

This happens more frequently now: An incoherent and demented Trump rambles around Mar-a-Lago all day, or drives around the golf course with some suck-ass buddies, while his bodyguard shield him from the reality of his criminal behaviour. Meanwhile some fascist wordsmith somewhere else concocts "Trump's incredible thoughts" that are just condensed reruns of Donny's public fascist outbursts but in coherent form, with the faint stench of his speech patterns to make it look a bit like Donny said them. They are spinning him so hard they could generate their own force-field...
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th January 2022, 01:53 PM   #269
Warp12
Banned

I like the Dem celebration whenever Trump is insulted now. It's like if someone was banging your wife for 4 years, and now you thump your chest in victory whenever the guy gets a speeding ticket.

All Biden did was give Trump attention...and Trump loves that, good or bad. Now Trump has the media stage, once again. And his followers have even more resolve, I imagine. Not that they need it.

Last edited by Warp12; 7th January 2022 at 03:39 PM.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th January 2022, 03:52 PM   #270
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
I like the Dem celebration whenever Trump is insulted now. It's like if someone was banging your wife for 4 years, and now you thump your chest in victory whenever the guy gets a speeding ticket.

All Biden did was give Trump attention...and Trump loves that, good or bad. Now Trump has the media stage, once again. And his followers have even more resolve, I imagine. Not that they need it.
My wife is smarter than some, it seems, but I'm willing to celebrate the insult of someone who was banging my country for 4 years.

A pedant is a man who studies a vacuum through instruments that allow him to draw cross-sections of the details (John Ciardi)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th January 2022, 05:10 PM   #271
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
My wife is smarter than some, it seems, but I'm willing to celebrate the insult of someone who was banging my country for 4 years.
Since you quoted a post making it visible to me, I think someone needs to be reminded of Let's go, Brandon on T-shirts, yard signs, bumper stickers, etc. But then, it's only bad when the Dems do it.
Old 7th January 2022, 05:41 PM   #272
Spyke
Critical Thinker

I'm pretty sure Darat was referencing the Roseanne Barr/Ambien/racist remarks as a side joke using Prevagen.

At least that's how I read it.
Old 7th January 2022, 05:43 PM   #273
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
I'm pretty sure Darat was referencing the Roseanne Barr/Ambien/racist remarks as a side joke using Prevagen.

At least that's how I read it.
Ah, could be. I didn't make the link as Prevagen is allegedly a memory enhancement product...which is a load of garbage.
Old 7th January 2022, 05:44 PM   #274
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Cyber Ninjas, the group that ran the disastrous Maricopa Cnty 'audit' of the election is closing down. Good riddance.
Old 7th January 2022, 06:14 PM   #275
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Cyber Ninjas, the group that ran the disastrous Maricopa Cnty 'audit' of the election is closing down. Good riddance.
A start-up company, created for the sole purpose of carrying out an audit of the results of the election in Arizona.

Clearly, they were the best choice for doing it, given their track record in....not existing.
Gunter Haas, the 'leading British expert,' was a graphologist who advised couples, based on their handwriting characteristics, if they were compatible for marriage. I would submit that couples idiotic enough to do this are probably quite suitable for each other. It's nice when stupid people find love. - Ludovic Kennedy
pgwenthold is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th January 2022, 06:27 PM   #276
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
A start-up company, created for the sole purpose of carrying out an audit of the results of the election in Arizona.

Clearly, they were the best choice for doing it, given their track record in....not existing.
Only the BEST!
Old 7th January 2022, 06:41 PM   #277
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post

An old contractor trick: close doors, open under a new name

https://apnews.com/article/business-...aff0f14824fcb4
Old 7th January 2022, 09:57 PM   #278
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
Oh, FFS, can you do anything except repeat the insults unpleasant truths aimed at you?
FTFY.

Trump certainly does have an okay grasp on DARVO, either way.
Old 7th January 2022, 10:41 PM   #279
SezMe
post-pre-born

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
Why would they [the GOP] fret ?
Because his incessant whining about 2020 is wearing thin. Yeah, his rabid base eats it up, but there are signs the more moderate Republicans are tiring of his one-track mind(?). For example, Dick Cheney coming out from under his rock to rag on GOP leadership for their ...well, lack of leadership. Or note the weak turnout at his recent rallies.

Trumps base is big but not big enough to consistently win elections, and certainly not big enough to win the presidency. If he remains the mouthpiece of the GOP and campaigns for his chosen candidates in the 2022 midterms with nothing more than BUT I WON, then he'll actually hurt the GOP. The smart money knows this, thus their "fretting".
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th January 2022, 10:43 PM   #280
SezMe
post-pre-born

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
.... And what flunkie wrote it for him?
Stephen Miller. I'd bet money on it.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics