IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Closed Thread
Old 12th April 2022, 11:56 AM   #321
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Again it's all a flex, an act. Those two probably can't orgasm without saying something beyond the event horizon of the formless level stupid in front of a Liberal to watch them steam because they can't do anything about it.
Old 12th April 2022, 12:15 PM   #322
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Again it's all a flex, an act. Those two probably can't orgasm without saying something beyond the event horizon of the formless level stupid in front of a Liberal to watch them steam because they can't do anything about it.
I don't think many people are 'steaming' over what those two say. I know I'm just laughing at them.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th April 2022, 12:32 PM   #323
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I don't think many people are 'steaming' over what those two say. I know I'm just laughing at them.
The Troll mentality is every reaction to you is a "win."
Old 12th April 2022, 12:35 PM   #324
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Virginia GOP official resigns after revelation of his call to lynch the Secretary of Defense, whom he also referred to using a racial slur.

Military Times: https://www.militarytimes.com/news/p...QtCwRHJA8JTDuE
Old 12th April 2022, 01:43 PM   #325
TurkeysGhost
Penultimate Amazing

Virginia GOP official resigns after revelation of his call to lynch the Secretary of Defense, whom he also referred to using a racial slur.

Military Times: https://www.militarytimes.com/news/p...QtCwRHJA8JTDuE
I'm surprised he resigned. We're rapidly approaching the point where such things are things a Republican can brag about to prove they're not just another RINO.
Old 12th April 2022, 02:25 PM   #326
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post

He also came under fire for calling Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy a “thug” and for driving with a revoked license.[/i]
Zelensky drove without a license?
Andy_Ross is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th April 2022, 06:21 PM   #327
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

The Troll mentality is every reaction to you is a "win."
If they think being laughed at is a 'win', then they're even more stupid than I thought.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th April 2022, 07:52 PM   #328
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Zelensky drove without a license?
KHANNNNNN!!!
Old 12th April 2022, 10:02 PM   #329
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Wasn't someone saying earlier that he should start a thread like this only about Dems?

Still waiting....
Old 13th April 2022, 05:43 AM   #330
Armitage72
Philosopher

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Lauren Boebert spews more words of genius:

https://twitter.com/laurenboebert/st...67381470375936

Apparently she was mocking President Biden for misspeaking during a speech. He has a known speech impediment. What's her excuse?
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th April 2022, 05:48 AM   #331
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

South Dakota Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg has been impeached by the State House of Representatives. The vote, 36-31 in favor of impeachment. Now the matter moves to the Senate Chamber.

https://www.dakotanewsnow.com/app/20...hment-hearing/

31 voted against impeaching the guy who hit and killed a someone with his car then fled the scene, leaving the eyeglasses of the victim inside his car.
He says he thought he hit a deer.

Last edited by Andy_Ross; 13th April 2022 at 05:51 AM.
Andy_Ross is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th April 2022, 06:06 AM   #332
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
South Dakota Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg has been impeached by the State House of Representatives. The vote, 36-31 in favor of impeachment. Now the matter moves to the Senate Chamber.

31 voted against impeaching the guy who hit and killed a someone with his car then fled the scene, leaving the eyeglasses of the victim inside his car.
So he says he hit a deer wearing glasses?
Old 13th April 2022, 06:45 AM   #333
dasmiller
Just the right amount of cowbell

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
Deer don't wear glasses, don't be silly.

The deer was probably just carrying the glasses for a friend.
Old 13th April 2022, 06:57 AM   #334
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Ravnsburger apparently has a really bad driving record, and a habit of throwing his weight around when caught. A paragon of Law'n'order!

A pedant is a man who studies a vacuum through instruments that allow him to draw cross-sections of the details (John Ciardi)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th April 2022, 10:26 AM   #335
Lurch
Master Poster

Ravnsburger just cries out for the slight tweaking to Ravenous Burger.
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th April 2022, 10:33 AM   #336
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
In all fairness, it would be rather easy for one to mistake a deer who is wearing eye glasses with a human who is wearing eye glasses.

I mean gee whiz! There are any number of similarities the two, such as both humans and deer live on the planet Earth.

Old 13th April 2022, 01:11 PM   #337
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

But it was a perfect hit and run. Perfect. What he told the police was ‘perfectly’ stated". There is no reason to analyze how or why the victim's glasses were left in Ravnsborg's car. This is just another Democrat Hoax that he has had to live with from the day he hit the man...er....deer (and before!) Disgraceful!
Old 13th April 2022, 04:41 PM   #338
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

But it was a perfect hit and run. Perfect. What he told the police was ‘perfectly’ stated". There is no reason to analyze how or why the victim's glasses were left in Ravnsborg's car. This is just another Democrat Hoax that he has had to live with from the day he hit the man...er....deer (and before!) Disgraceful!
The bigger question is: How did this lying sack of **** get to be Attorney General?
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th April 2022, 05:05 PM   #339
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
The bigger question is: How did this lying sack of **** get to be Attorney General?

Nuff said?
Old 13th April 2022, 06:59 PM   #340
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

But in this case it's so bad that the cops want him out, and not for being too liberal. An ultraconservative Attorney General. The cops. In Montana. That's an accomplishment, I think.

A pedant is a man who studies a vacuum through instruments that allow him to draw cross-sections of the details (John Ciardi)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th April 2022, 07:15 PM   #341
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
But in this case it's so bad that the cops want him out, and not for being too liberal. An ultraconservative Attorney General. The cops. In Montana. That's an accomplishment, I think.
Old 14th April 2022, 07:01 AM   #342
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Quote:
TN Senator says Hitler made something of himself after being homeless & you can too.
https://twitter.com/VoteGloriaJ/stat...42354811416581

When Republican politicians were young, they were the kids who watched James Bond movies and said "I want to grow up to be just like [insert name of villain here]."
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th April 2022, 07:21 AM   #343
dasmiller
Just the right amount of cowbell

That is one of the most epically awful stupid absurd horrifying idiotic ZZZZZZ* things I've ever heard.

*the 'Z' thing is a placeholder while we hire a team of linguistic experts to come up with a new and more-potent adjective that means "massively stupid and even more awful and even stupider and awfuller because the speaker knew he was being recorded when he said it."
Old 14th April 2022, 10:32 AM   #344
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. But what else is new with the GOP?

Last edited by Stacyhs; 14th April 2022 at 10:34 AM.
Old 14th April 2022, 10:39 AM   #345
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

It was South Dakota, not my natal state!
Old 14th April 2022, 10:46 AM   #346
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post

Nuff said?
Old 14th April 2022, 07:23 PM   #347
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Yeah, those 2020 results placards are gonna start a comeback, eh?

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th April 2022, 07:24 PM   #348
Venom
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
and my first home state
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th April 2022, 07:43 PM   #349
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing

You know who was also homeless? Hitler!
Old 14th April 2022, 08:07 PM   #350
Apathia
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
What an inspiring example!

"Humans aren't rational creatures but rationalizing creatures."
Author Unknown
Apathia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th April 2022, 08:31 PM   #351
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
No reason he couldn't, ya know... make somthin' of himself. How'd that work out?

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th April 2022, 09:02 PM   #352
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dasmiller View Post
That is one of the most epically awful stupid absurd horrifying idiotic ZZZZZZ* things I've ever heard.

*the 'Z' thing is a placeholder while we hire a team of linguistic experts to come up with a new and more-potent adjective that means "massively stupid and even more awful and even stupider and awfuller because the speaker knew he was being recorded when he said it."
Somebody get a shovel. I think I stepped in some gop.

Old 15th April 2022, 02:17 AM   #353
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dasmiller View Post

Turns out he's been a serial offender Nazi sympathiser. That Twitter feed has at least three more examples.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th April 2022, 03:51 PM   #354
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Turns out he's been a serial offender Nazi sympathiser. That Twitter feed has at least three more examples.
Funny...I didn't know "Nicely" is Ukrainian. Is potato?
Old 15th April 2022, 04:47 PM   #355
Solitaire
Neoclinus blanchardi

Quote:
Republican Party Withdraws From US Commission On Presidential Debates

The Republican National Committee voted unanimously on Thursday
to withdraw from the Commission on Presidential Debates, saying the
group that has run the debates for decades was biased and refused to
enact reforms. “We are going to find newer, better debate platforms to
ensure that future nominees are not forced to go through the biased CPD
in order to make their case to the American people,” the committee’s
chairperson, Ronna McDaniel, said in a statement. The RNC’s action
requires Republican candidates to agree in writing to appear only in
primary and general election debates sanctioned by the committee.

So... I have literally no idea what they want.

Schrodinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.
Don't ask what happened to Schrodinger's dog.
Solitaire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th April 2022, 04:58 PM   #356
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
I guess they think rules intended to promote fairness are biased against them. They'd rather make their own rules and then cheat anyway.
Old 15th April 2022, 06:09 PM   #357
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

It's just another "Woe is us. We're just victims of the Democrat Meanies. Stop picking on us!" whine.
Old 15th April 2022, 06:25 PM   #358
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
I guess they think rules intended to promote fairness are biased against them. They'd rather make their own rules and then cheat anyway.
If past performance is any indication, the goal will be to declare the R candidate the winner the day before the debate.

Old 15th April 2022, 06:26 PM   #359
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher

It's just another "Woe is us. We're just victims of the Democrat Meanies. Stop picking on us!" whine.
"Folks, the rules are applied equally and impartially for everyone involved."

"We KNOW! How the hell can we debate with our hands tied like that?"
Old 15th April 2022, 08:15 PM   #360
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
They want whatever Trump wants at any particular moment.

Trump is still butthurt at the commission because after Trump was diagnosed with COVID, the commission decided that he should participate in the second debate from a remote location. Trump then refused to participate at all.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics