IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Marjorie Taylor Greene

Old 22nd November 2022, 09:16 AM   #361
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

I just got back to this. When I reposted the previous post I did not notice my 'copy' (from the thread it had been moved to) didn't include the news report I quoted. When I noticed I was already on the run and unable to edit and add. Below is the text I quoted from the news report last January at the height of the omicron surge:
Quote:
Twitter suspended Ms. Greene’s account after she tweeted on Saturday, falsely, about “extremely high amounts of Covid vaccine deaths.” She included a misleading chart that pulled information from a government database of unverified raw data called the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System, or VAERS, a decades-old system that relies on self-reported cases from patients and health care providers. Twitter said that Ms. Greene had a fifth “strike,” which meant that her account will not be restored. The company had issued her a fourth strike in August after she falsely posted that the vaccines were “failing.” Ms. Greene was given a third strike less than a month before that when she had tweeted that Covid-19 was not dangerous and that vaccines should not be mandated. New York Times news link]
At the time, Twitter said greene had violated (repeatedly) Twitter's policy on "coronavirus misinformation."
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 09:41 AM   #362
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
I do like how the report included a supportive comment from one Barry Boatner, Georgia resident. Did they have to search his town to find an absolute nobody who likes her? Is he the town drunk, and the report is a subtle laugh at her? What about a local mayor, or some other identifiable notable?
Man-in-the-street comments are very common, regardless of how useless they are. But she won handily in 2022, with 66% of the vote. I sincerely doubt they had trouble finding anyone who likes her.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 11:55 AM   #363
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by phiwum
I do like how the report included a supportive comment from one Barry Boatner, Georgia resident. Did they have to search his town to find an absolute nobody who likes her? Is he the town drunk, and the report is a subtle laugh at her? What about a local mayor, or some other identifiable notable?
Man-in-the-street comments are very common, regardless of how useless they are. But she won handily in 2022, with 66% of the vote. I sincerely doubt they had trouble finding anyone who likes her.
Exactly the point of my comment. Surely there must be some notable whom they could quote to add weight, not some (supposedly) random man-in-the-street. It's like 66% of that electorate voted for her, but nobody wants their name to be associated with hers in public.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 07:11 PM   #364
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Desperate-Speaker-Wannabe McCarthy: “You have Adam Schiff, who had lied to the American public time and again. We will not allow him to be on the Intel Committee either.“

"Kevin McCarthy vows to restore Marjorie Taylor Greene's committee assignments, secure border if he becomes House speaker"

Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 08:25 PM   #365
Tero
Illuminator

Will MTG be on the Hunter Biden laptop committee?

Politics blog: https://esapolitics.blogspot.com/
Parody: http://karireport.blogspot.com/
Poll: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...proval-rating/
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 09:43 PM   #366
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Tero View Post
Will MTG be on the Hunter Biden laptop committee?
Someone go get a ratty old laptop that doesn't work, write "Hunter Biden" on it in Sharpie, and then give it to her in committee first time it meets. Tell her "We found it! Here you go! Get all the juicy info from that!" Then tell her to **** off out of the way so real government can be done instead.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2022, 12:03 AM   #367
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Someone go get a ratty old laptop that doesn't work, write "Hunter Biden" on it in Sharpie, and then give it to her in committee first time it meets. Tell her "We found it! Here you go! Get all the juicy info from that!" Then tell her to **** off out of the way so real government can be done instead.
The GOP ha no interest in doing any real government, they just want to stop any Democratic Party attempts to do so and to smear Democratic Party politicians and their families.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2022, 02:33 AM   #368
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Someone go get a ratty old laptop that doesn't work, write "Hunter Biden" on it in Sharpie, and then give it to her in committee first time it meets. Tell her "We found it! Here you go! Get all the juicy info from that!" Then tell her to **** off out of the way so real government can be done instead. She'll spend all her time trying to get it working and be out of the way.
FTFY.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2022, 03:52 AM   #369
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Didn't take this moron long:

Marjorie Taylor Stupid called openly gay CA state Sen. Mark Weiner a "groomer" when he tweeted that the word “groomer” is “categorically an anti-LGBTQ hate word” on Sunday, likely in response to the shooting at the LGBTQ bar Club Q in Colorado Springs, Colorado on Saturday night that left five people dead and at least 18 injured.

“If you call someone groomer, you’re inciting violence against LGBTQ people,” he wrote.

M T Stupid's tweet at Weiner:

“Pass my Protect Children’s Innocence Act to stop communist groomers like this from using state government power to take children away from their parents to allow a for-profit medical industry to chop off these confused children’s genitals before they are even old enough to vote.”
Old 23rd November 2022, 03:57 AM   #370
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs
Someone go get a ratty old laptop that doesn't work, write "Hunter Biden" on it in Sharpie, and then give it to her in committee first time it meets. Tell her "We found it! Here you go! Get all the juicy info from that!" Then tell her to **** off out of the way so real government can be done instead. She'll spend all her time trying to get it working and be out of the way.
FTFY.
That's what I thought at first too. But she is such an attention whore that she will head for the nearest Twitter or Instagram and post a taunt-vid of her waving the busted laptop about yelling "TOLD YOU IT WAS REAL, SQUAD!" Also, I strongly suspect the more senior GOP members would be just as glad to have her out of the room as any of the Dems would.

NB. Make sure the busted laptop has no HDD in it,

Last edited by Norman Alexander; 23rd November 2022 at 03:59 AM.
Old 23rd November 2022, 07:47 AM   #371
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post

Marjorie Taylor Stupid called openly gay CA state Sen. Mark Weiner a "groomer" when he tweeted that the word “groomer” is “categorically an anti-LGBTQ hate word” on Sunday, likely in response to the shooting at the LGBTQ bar Club Q in Colorado Springs, Colorado on Saturday night that left five people dead and at least 18 injured.

“If you call someone groomer, you’re inciting violence against LGBTQ people,” he wrote.

“Pass my Protect Children’s Innocence Act to stop communist groomers like this from using state government power to take children away from their parents to allow a for-profit medical industry to chop off these confused children’s genitals before they are even old enough to vote.”
Meet the new GOP leadership in the United States House of Representatives; good luck to us.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2022, 09:14 AM   #372
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing

I was coming here to post this.

Yes, the communists are castrating children to support the for-profit medical industry.

Mainstream GOP are stupid. Not inherently stupid, but ritually so. Intentionally stupid to do evil.
tyr_13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2022, 10:46 AM   #373
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by tyr_13 View Post
I was coming here to post this.

Yes, the communists are castrating children to support the for-profit medical industry.

Mainstream GOP are stupid. Not inherently stupid, but ritually so. Intentionally stupid to do evil.
If they were just stupid they could be educated. But they know what they are doing. They are intentionally evil to seize and hold power.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2022, 12:22 PM   #374
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF

She'd be welcomed with open arms in The Thread That Shall Not Be Named.

"The truth is out there. But the lies are inside your head."
Shalamar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2022, 01:28 PM   #375
welshdean
Michael McDonald 1967 - 2021

I initially misread this as 'ratty old slapper that doesn't work, ..', and I immediately thought you were referring to EmptyG!
"In science it often happens that scientists say, "You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken," and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion."
Carl Sagan 1934 - 1996 RIP

Last edited by welshdean; 23rd November 2022 at 01:30 PM.
welshdean is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2022, 03:11 PM   #376
Lurch
Master Poster

Viewers of much UK TV programming will know what a slapper is. I suspect it'd take most Yanks a bit to figure out.
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2022, 02:16 AM   #377
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
Viewers of much UK TV programming will know what a slapper is. I suspect it'd take most Yanks a bit to figure out.
I attended BritBox High School, graduated from BBCAmerica University and got my Master of Britology from PBS Masterpiece Theater. And watching jolly good shows! Wot, wot?
Old 29th November 2022, 06:49 AM   #378
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

The quote below is from January of this year but this popped up yesterday on another board I frequent. Words of wisdom from emptyg:
Quote:
I really just don’t believe it’s people’s fault that the climate changes … the climate’s been changing since the beginning of time — if you look at the ice ages … none of the people back in the ice ages paid a lot of taxes to melt the ice …*so it’s absolutely ridiculous to say that government solutions … paying more taxes to try to figure out how to reduce carbon — on paper really, not in reality —*is going to do anything about climate change. The climate just changes … we live on a ball [laughs], it is literally a ball that spins …*and this spinning ball, Earth, rotates around a flaming ball, which is the sun. and and the same time, this is moving throughout our, uh, galaxy which is moving throughout the universe … i would just argue … of course our climate is gonna change … Truth or Fiction website link
greene was apparently speaking as a guest on on a livestream with podcaster Tim Pool. People back in the ice ages didn't have to pay taxes "to melt the ice?" WTH? It's scary that a member of Congress can be this totally stupid. It's almost like a parody. Remember the SNL skit?

Compared to things greene actually has said, that SNL skit seems pretty mild. The climate just changes? Our galaxy is moving throughout the universe?

I'd like to ask her, our galaxy is moving through the universe, okay, but what about the Will of God? Or...the communists? What role do they play?
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2022, 07:31 PM   #379
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
The quote below is from January of this year but this popped up yesterday on another board I frequent. Words of wisdom from emptyg:

greene was apparently speaking as a guest on on a livestream with podcaster Tim Pool. People back in the ice ages didn't have to pay taxes "to melt the ice?" WTH? It's scary that a member of Congress can be this totally stupid. It's almost like a parody. Remember the SNL skit?

Compared to things greene actually has said, that SNL skit seems pretty mild. The climate just changes? Our galaxy is moving throughout the universe?

I'd like to ask her, our galaxy is moving through the universe, okay, but what about the Will of God? Or...the communists? What role do they play?
Scary, innit? I'd love to be a fly on the wall if MTG and Walker ever get together for an evening of intellectual exchange.

SNL should do 'A GOP Christmas Party' with MTG, Walker, Boebert, Gohmert, Tuberville, and Matt Gaetz all 'conversating' around the tree. I'd have added Madison Cawthorn, but he's no longer in Congress...thank god.
Old 29th November 2022, 08:02 PM   #380
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Can't wait for MTG to comment on the 2 Oath Keepers leaders being convincited of seditious conspiracy.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2022, 08:33 PM   #381
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Can't wait for MTG to comment on the 2 Oath Keepers leaders being convincited of seditious conspiracy.
Any bets on how she will mispronounce their crime?
Old 30th November 2022, 12:40 AM   #382
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Any bets on how she will mispronounce their crime?
How can they convict these men of delicious conspiracy when it was Antifa and FBI agents?
Old 30th November 2022, 01:37 AM   #383
welshdean
Michael McDonald 1967 - 2021

How can they convict these men of delicious conspiracy when it was Antifa and FBI agents?
She'll skip right over that part and blame the 'extreme left, commie judge'.
"In science it often happens that scientists say, "You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken," and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion."
Carl Sagan 1934 - 1996 RIP
welshdean is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2022, 03:18 PM   #384
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
The thrill is gone...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainm...be47d16586a706
Old 3rd December 2022, 04:52 PM   #385
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

From the link:
Quote:
"She wants to be the face of Christian nationalism. She's divorced, and she's actively an adulterer," he continued. "How are you going to be the face of Christian nationalism when you're a divorced woman girlboss? It doesn't even make any sense. I'm so glad I don't have to pretend to support that anymore." Nick Fuentes
Fuentes makes a valid point. Though he said the quiet part -- she wants to be the face of Christian nationalism -- out loud.

margie no likee!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg She no likee.jpg (87.2 KB, 10 views)
Old 3rd December 2022, 05:35 PM   #386
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
I amusing this Meme from the 2014 Godzilla movie an awful lot, but....

LET THEM FIGHT!

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2022, 07:37 PM   #387
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

[Vince McMahon]

Pay Per View! WWE Cage Match! Two go in, just one comes out alive!

[/Vince McMahon]
Old 3rd December 2022, 08:30 PM   #388
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

[Vince McMahon]

Pay Per View! WWE Cage Match! Two go in, just one comes out alive!

[/Vince McMahon]
Give 'em each a board with a nail in it and I'll pay to watch.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2022, 08:56 PM   #389
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

If I had to bet, my money's on margie.

By the way, Nick is famous for his defense of being incel, though some argue Fuentes should be classified as 'volcel.'
Quote:
"If we’re really being honest, never having a girlfriend, never having sex with a woman really makes you more heterosexual,” Fuentes said, “because honestly, dating women is gay, having sex with women is gay. What’s gayer than being like ‘I need cuddles. I need kisses … I need to spend time with a woman.’ That’s a little sus. I think, really, I’m like the straightest guy.” Link to queerty dot com
Dating women is gay? margie would wipe the floor with him.
Old 4th December 2022, 12:00 AM   #390
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

If MTG is a Christian, I'm glad I'm an atheist even more than before.
Old 4th December 2022, 09:30 AM   #391
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

If I had to bet, my money's on margie.

By the way, Nick is famous for his defense of being incel, though some argue Fuentes should be classified as 'volcel.'

Dating women is gay? margie would wipe the floor with him.
I think maybe Nick has his own jet airplane and is a millionaire, if you get my drift.

When Republican politicians were young, they were the kids who watched James Bond movies and said "I want to grow up to be just like [insert name of villain here]."
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2022, 11:57 AM   #392
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Actually, a duel with weapons would seem more appropriate. They can both shoot off their mouths at each other.
Old 7th December 2022, 08:38 PM   #393
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I think Fuentas is just made because he thinks MTG is getting media attention he thinks he should be getting...

Robert Heinlein.

Last edited by dudalb; 7th December 2022 at 08:40 PM.
Old 7th December 2022, 09:01 PM   #394
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Apparently emptyg committed the cardinal sin of disrespecting Nick Fuentes. Lara Loomer slammed back. From LGBTQ Nation dot com:
Quote:
“MTG is no longer an ally to America First,” said white nationalist and conspiracy theorist Laura Loomer. “She may have claimed to be so that she could climb the political ladder, but she has shown she is all talk and zero action, unless of course the action is selling t-shirts and wine glasses.”
This is what riled America First:
Quote:
“Of course I denounce Nick Fuentes and his racists [sic] anti-semitic ideology,” Greene wrote on Twitter last month. “I can’t comprehend why the media is obsessed with him.” She denounced him again last week on her Facebook stream, calling him a “very immature young man saying hateful things” who is “talking about people he doesn’t like by an entire people-group. Which is horrible.”
These are people who are steeped in hate and resentment. Turning on one another is just business as usual for them. It's almost inevitable.
Quote:
“You are their slave Marjorie, a slave to the Democrats and the Media that you constantly talk about,” wrote Holocaust denier Vince James. “By [disavowing Fuentes] it just got to show you’re living according to the rules of their game, that they’ve completely rigged against us." “Here’s my take: grifters are gonna grift, and it’s just sad that we have to go through that kind of betrayal,” Dalton Clodfelter said about Greene on his podcast. Clodfelter is part of Fuentes’s “groyper” movement.

Even Fuentes has spoken out against Greene and has been calling her “Large Marge” and encouraging his followers to heckle her at events.
"Large Marge" from the man that thinks, "Dating women is gay, having sex with women is gay." That's Fuentes' deranged explanation for why he has never done either.

They all deserve one another.
Old 7th December 2022, 09:31 PM   #395
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Worth going into the right-wing cesspit and stirring that pot? The snake may end up eating itself.
Old 8th December 2022, 04:55 AM   #396
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Apparently emptyg committed the cardinal sin of disrespecting Nick Fuentes. Lara Loomer slammed back. From LGBTQ Nation dot com:

This is what riled America First:

These are people who are steeped in hate and resentment. Turning on one another is just business as usual for them. It's almost inevitable.

"Large Marge" from the man that thinks, "Dating women is gay, having sex with women is gay." That's Fuentes' deranged explanation for why he has never done either.

They all deserve one another.
I don't know, the resemblance is quite striking...

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 8th December 2022, 01:01 PM   #397
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Marge now thinks the real reason Walker didn't win in Georgia is that Mitch McConnell and Linsey Graham wouldn't let her help his campaign. She feels very insulted.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2022, 02:00 PM   #398
wareyin
Penultimate Amazing

The newest Hallmark Channel Movie for GA
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 317266542_675640737465810_1341090470807795803_n.jpg (57.2 KB, 29 views)
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2022, 02:30 PM   #399
mgidm86
Philosopher

That's the best caption they could come up with?
Old 8th December 2022, 04:46 PM   #400
bobdroege7
Illuminator

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
I think maybe Nick has his own jet airplane and is a millionaire, if you get my drift.
Yeah buddy, that's his own hair.

Graduate of a liberal arts college!

Faster play faster faster play faster
bobdroege7 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics