IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Marjorie Taylor Greene

Old 12th July 2022, 12:59 PM   #81
Kestrel
Philosopher

MTG attended a White House meeting that discussed the Eastman plan to overthrow the election.
Kestrel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2022, 01:05 PM   #82
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
MTG attended a White House meeting that discussed the Eastman plan to overthrow the election.
Let me see if I can conjure up some surprise.

Nope.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2022, 01:27 PM   #83
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
From rights being fragrantly violated, the gazpacho police, and a peach tree dish, her latest is people were "stroking fear and paranoia".

The mushrooms growing in my lawn have been brainpower that MTG.
Never underestimate the mushrooms in your lawn.

Hans
Old 13th July 2022, 02:05 PM   #84
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
The mushrooms growing in my lawn have been more brainpower that MTG.
Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Never underestimate the mushrooms in your lawn.

Hans
After reading the last line of my post, I think you're right.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2022, 02:27 PM   #85
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

MTG never fails to deliver:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 13th July 2022, 02:47 PM   #86
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

MTG never fails to deliver:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Raskin was a editor of the Harvard Law Review when at Harvard Law School..which means he was one of the smartest law students at the best law school in America.Being apponted to the review is the highest honor a Harvard Law Student can receive.
God, he swatted her down like a fly. Talk about being overmatched....

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2022, 03:58 PM   #87
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Raskin was a editor of the Harvard Law Review when at Harvard Law School..which means he was one of the smartest law students at the best law school in America.Being apponted to the review is the highest honor a Harvard Law Student can receive.
God, he swatted her down like a fly. Talk about being overmatched....
Where was she 'swatted'?

He came across as an arse, It looks to me like she had the better of him.
Andy_Ross is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2022, 04:11 PM   #88
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Where was she 'swatted'?

Only to her die hard supporters She came off as a total idiot.
Did we see the same video?

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2022, 04:42 PM   #89
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Only to her die hard supporters She came off as a total idiot.

Did we see the same video?
I agree with the Captain.
You're deluded if you think that short clip comes off as any better than a draw.
And doubly so if you think the MAGAts won't see it as a complete win for EmptyG.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2022, 04:54 PM   #90
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

I could only handle listening to a short section of the Raskin-emptyg video. Marj seemed to be saying, in addition to her earlier idea about arming teachers, now we should arm the students, too. And something-something because the school psychologist doesn't have time to 'talk the shooter down.' Some totally typical nonsense.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Safer schools.jpg (65.5 KB, 10 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2022, 06:36 PM   #91
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing

They’ll take my lunch money when they pry it from my cold, dead fingers.
Old 13th July 2022, 06:57 PM   #92
Athyrio
Hipster Doofus

From rights being fragrantly violated, the gazpacho police, and a peach tree dish, her latest is people were "stroking fear and paranoia".

The mushrooms growing in my lawn have been brainpower that MTG.

Her legacy should be that some form of her name will replace that of Mrs. Malaprop.
Old 13th July 2022, 10:08 PM   #93
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Where was she 'swatted'?

If by talking over him and cutting off his answers you might be right. I skipped ahead because I too could not stand listening to her. Raskin finally cut her off then at the end, "You're not a member of the rules commission are you?"

EmptyG isn't on any committees.

Then she starts denying her positions claiming he was distorting them or something or other. I wouldn't bother to engage a person like Empty G. There's no point.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 13th July 2022 at 10:16 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2022, 12:26 AM   #94
Armitage72
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
I wouldn't bother to engage a person like Empty G. There's no point.

A recent issue of Skeptical Inquirer had a quote about debating creationists that applies here too.

"Debating creationists on the topic of evolution is rather like trying to play chess with a pigeon - it knocks the pieces over, craps on the board, and flies back to its flock to claim victory."
-Scott Weitzenhoffer
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2022, 12:48 AM   #95
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Where was she 'swatted'?

I think Raskin considers MTG to be an idiot and an embarrassment to Congress. Her moronic blabbering about training kids to use guns and referring to the J6C as 'Trump Derangement Syndrome' only reinforced that. He had no interest in giving her a platform to spout her lunacy.

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
You're deluded if you think that short clip comes off as any better than a draw.
And doubly so if you think the MAGAts won't see it as a complete win for EmptyG.
MAGATs would think MTG had a 'complete' win if she farted "Yankee Doodle Dandy" out her ass.
Old 14th July 2022, 04:34 AM   #96
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
I think Raskin considers MTG to be an idiot and an embarrassment to Congress. Her moronic blabbering about training kids to use guns and referring to the J6C as 'Trump Derangement Syndrome' only reinforced that. He had no interest in giving her a platform to spout her lunacy.

MAGATs would think MTG had a 'complete' win if she farted "Yankee Doodle Dandy" out her ass.
I wouldn't call it a win, but you'd have to admit, it'd be an impressive feat... On America's Got Talent, maybe.
Old 14th July 2022, 11:01 AM   #97
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
I wouldn't call it a win, but you'd have to admit, it'd be an impressive feat... On America's Got Talent, maybe.
Nah...she's so full of stinking hot air that it would be a cinch for her.
Old 14th July 2022, 01:39 PM   #98
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Really? She came off as a total ****** .

Sure, the MAGAts will see it as supporting their illusion. They will perceive anything as supporting their illusion.

Hans
Old 14th July 2022, 07:46 PM   #99
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Really? She came off as a total ****** .

Sure, the MAGAts will see it as supporting their illusion. They will perceive anything as supporting their illusion.

Hans
I should have trimmed the Captain's post down to the first sentence, which is what I was agreeing with.
IMO...
Neither got the better of the other, she certainly wasn't "swatted down", and yes, with her typical blather she comes off as an idiot (no dear, a fetus is not a baby, a child or a person).

Being bested would have resulted in her just shutting up (is that even possible)... so her just jabbering over any questioning will definitely be seen as a win to her fans.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2022, 10:29 PM   #100
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

I should have trimmed the Captain's post down to the first sentence, which is what I was agreeing with.
IMO...
Neither got the better of the other, she certainly wasn't "swatted down", and yes, with her typical blather she comes off as an idiot (no dear, a fetus is not a baby, a child or a person).

Being bested would have resulted in her just shutting up (is that even possible)... so her just jabbering over any questioning will definitely be seen as a win to her fans.
She's too stupid to know when she's been bested. It's why she never shuts up.
Old 15th July 2022, 04:18 AM   #101
eerok
Quixoticist

She's too stupid to know when she's been bested. It's why she never shuts up.
As long as the loudest noise in the room is coming from her, she thinks she's winning the argument.
Old 24th July 2022, 03:29 AM   #102
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Marjorie Taylor Greene asks

"If Monkeypox is a sexually transmitted disease, why are kids getting it?"

https://twitter.com/RepMTG/status/1550969674778775552
Andy_Ross is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th July 2022, 04:52 AM   #103
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Soooo close to a revelation.
Old 24th July 2022, 03:02 PM   #104
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Why is she still trying so hard to convince us she's a moron? We accepted that a long time ago.
Old 31st July 2022, 12:19 AM   #105
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Madge does it again. First there was the gazpacho police and peach tree dishes. Now they've 'perched' the military.

https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=614758603489135
Old 31st July 2022, 05:32 AM   #106
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

As long as her mouth-noises get reported, she is performing the role the GOP want of her, even if she doesn't know it: Being a shiny public distraction from whatever nefarious dealings they are organising elsewhere to undermine good government.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2022, 06:44 PM   #107
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
As long as her mouth-noises get reported, she is performing the role the GOP want of her, even if she doesn't know it: Being a shiny public distraction from whatever nefarious dealings they are organising elsewhere to undermine good government.
I disagree, she makes the party in general look bad.
And, frankly, the GOP is not that clever.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 31st July 2022, 07:03 PM   #108
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

I agree. I think the GOP Congresscritters would like to get rid of her altogether. That's why she's not on any committees.
Old 31st July 2022, 07:53 PM   #109
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

I think it is fortuitous, because after 1/6, the GOP knows they look bad anyway. EmptyG, Boebert and the Florida ****-wits seem to be hogging all the air-time and comments. When did you last see much about the REAL GOP criminals? They know how to cover their operations, at least.

I agree. I think the GOP Congresscritters would like to get rid of her altogether. That's why she's not on any committees.
Of course. Which successful crooks in their right minds want such people involved in any way whatever with undermining the current government? It's the political equivalent of "Hey you little brats, go play in the traffic". And when they are no longer useful, they will be dropped instantly.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015

Last edited by Norman Alexander; 31st July 2022 at 07:54 PM.
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2022, 12:15 AM   #110
Susheel
Illuminator

She's not on any committees because the Dems finally got their **** in order and put their foot down. The Repugnicans had nothing to do with it.
Old 1st August 2022, 01:48 AM   #111
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Susheel View Post
She's not on any committees because the Dems finally got their **** in order and put their foot down. The Repugnicans had nothing to do with it.
True. I stand corrected. McCarthy has said Madge and fellow nutcase, Paul Gosar, will be back on committees if they take the House in Nov.
Old 1st August 2022, 02:53 AM   #112
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Susheel View Post
They had plenty to do with it, by simply letting the Dems take action. They could have fought for her like they did for other GOP committee members. But they did not. It was simply a case of letting their enemy do their job for them while avoiding the blame. Also, it gives EmptyG's martyr complex a boost, which means more TV outrage from her.
Old 1st August 2022, 03:48 AM   #113
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

True. I stand corrected. McCarthy has said Madge and fellow nutcase, Paul Gosar, will be back on committees if they take the House in Nov.
They will pick the committees they want to fail. Because these doofuses will generally act out, annoy the crap out of the Dems, make a scene, and generally disrupt the running of those committees. Then when it becomes a circus, they will shut down those committees "because they have become a circus". The GOP don't like committees when they can't control them. They prefer to just do their nefarious stuff behind closed doors.

I'm surprised some here can't see that few steps ahead in Mitch's thinking...

Last edited by Norman Alexander; 1st August 2022 at 03:50 AM.
Old 1st August 2022, 01:18 PM   #114
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

MTG and Tucker were both hamming it up with Trump at the Saudi sponsored golf tournament.

Old 1st August 2022, 01:20 PM   #115
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

MTG and Tucker were both hamming it up with Trump at the Saudi sponsored golf tournament.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...834e116d8a.jpg
It's a good thing MTG does cross fit. I'm sure she needs the upper body strength when she shifts Trump's considerable girth to access his wedding tackle.
Old 1st August 2022, 01:32 PM   #116
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Matt Gaetz may need his own thread for his stupid remarks:

Quote:
Of course, Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), when reaching for a way to insult abortion rights activists, disparaged their looks.

Of course, when faced with criticism for his words, he felt entitled to share the photo of a teenage activist, directing his many Twitter followers to look at her.

I know I wasn’t the only woman who felt those two words roll around in her head after learning the congressman targeted 19-year-old Olivia Julianna, leading others to lob hateful words at her.

She publicly shared one message she received. It was filled with expletives and a racial slur aimed at her identity as a queer Latina. The part that can be printed in a family publication reads, “I don’t think you need to worry about anyone wanting to touch your body you fat … Here is a tip for your ‘life long’ struggle. Put the fork down and keep your face out of the dorito bag …”
But Olivia has turned Gaetz's stupidity into a win:

Quote:
After Gaetz posted her photo along with a link to a news story that told of his insults, she called on people to contribute to a fundraiser for the nonprofit Gen Z for Change. As of Friday evening, more than $1.7 million had been raised for abortion funds.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md...eenager-gaetz/
Old 1st August 2022, 05:15 PM   #117
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Matt Gaetz may need his own thread for his stupid remarks:

But Olivia has turned Gaetz's stupidity into a win:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md...eenager-gaetz/
Old 5th August 2022, 06:47 AM   #118
eerok
Quixoticist

When kooks won't kook nice.

Hate preacher says he wouldn’t vote for Marjorie Taylor Greene because she’s a woman (lgbtqnation.com)
Quote:
“Why are we letting women teach us?” he asked the audience, which included women. “Why are we letting women lead us? You know the Republican Party seems doomed to me because while we’re kicking on the Democrats, let’s kick on the Republicans for a minute: Most of their recent candidates are women.”
Quote:
He specifically called out Rep. Greene, who is far to the right of even most Republicans in Congress.
Quote:
“She’s a woman! She’s not gonna fix this country!” he said.

“It’s sick how many men today let women just run our country because they’re too cowardly to stand up to silly women,” he said. “We need men to stand up and say, ‘Get back in the kitchen and make me a sandwich!'”
Why do jackasses like this have a platform?
Old 5th August 2022, 06:56 AM   #119
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
When kooks won't kook nice.

Hate preacher says he wouldn’t vote for Marjorie Taylor Greene because she’s a woman (lgbtqnation.com)

Because they have no problem attracting idiots who will give them one. And their money too of course.

When Republican politicians were young, they were the kids who watched James Bond movies and said "I want to grow up to be just like [insert name of villain here]."
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th August 2022, 07:04 AM   #120
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
- Because purveyors of intentionally hateful disinformation have sold otherwise good people on the idea that free speech will collapse if they are told to shut up or not given a soapboax.

- Because being a shock jockey contrarian is the new hotness in a post fact, post shame world.

- Because the internet let itself be a testing ground for perfecting trolling behavior and now it's in the wild and functionally impossible to counter.

- Because a lot of hate filled, intellectually hollow institutions and ideas are so far gone they nothing left but to **** in the salad bar just so someone will give them attention.

- It's what happens when an entire generation eats lead paint and all go into cognitive decline at the same time.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics