IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Marjorie Taylor Greene

Old 19th October 2022, 11:26 AM   #321
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by shemp View Post

Two things: 1) It's spelled Chickamauga and 2) the Wilder Brigade was part of the UNION Army, not Confederate.

ETA: I didn't open your spoiler before replying.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 19th October 2022 at 12:15 PM.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2022, 12:12 PM   #322
lobosrul5
Philosopher

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Its history, not hate!!! Literally doesn't even bother to read the historical marker 10 feet from her. Its all virtue signaling and outrage pandering to try and score votes. Of course no one that didn't already know that will give an ounce of **** about this.
lobosrul5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2022, 12:18 PM   #323
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

"She will always honour her country's history"...by getting it grievously wrong?? Perhaps she should learn it first...no, wait, what am I saying!
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2022, 01:51 PM   #324
Galaxie
Graduate Poster

The other problem is that by saying the monument honors Confederate soldiers, then saying "I will always defend our nation's history" becomes a dog whistle, intentional or not. (But it was obviously intentional)
Galaxie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2022, 05:31 PM   #325
slyjoe
Illuminator

MTG hauls out the stupid once again, telling a caller if she's over child bearing age she shouldn't have a say in the abortion argument.

Quote:
During a call-in show on Monday night, Greene was confronted by a woman who told her, “My body is my body and I don’t want the government telling me what I can do with my body.” Based on her voice alone, the caller sounded like she might be elderly and while her age is obviously not relevant, Greene insisted it was. “Ma’am, are you having children any time soon?” she asked, not pausing for an answer. “That’s my question, I’m asking a legitimate question.” She then went on to insist that “abortion is murder” before circling back to her premise that the caller should not get to express her opinion because she possibly no longer ovulates. “I don’t think you’re having children any time soon,” Greene said. “So I appreciate your interest in women’s rights but killing an unborn baby is not a woman’s right and that’s not health care.”
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022...ortion-call-in

I'm sure she will question all the males on why they get to have an opinion.
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2022, 06:06 PM   #326
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Oh my god. She gives stupid a bad name.

There are amoeba with more brains and class than her.

And she sits in your House of Representatives.

Holy ****.
Old 25th October 2022, 10:03 PM   #327
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
MTG hauls out the stupid once again, telling a caller if she's over child bearing age she shouldn't have a say in the abortion argument.

That would count her out too, surely! Unless she is currently pregnant to Matt Gaetz?
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2022, 11:20 PM   #328
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

MTG just insists on continually proving what an idiot she is long past the point where anyone with an IQ over 90 is unaware of that.

Apparently, the moron doesn't think women are concerned not only for themselves, but for their daughters, granddaughters, nieces, etc.

At 48, I highly doubt she's fertile, either. So shut the hell up on abortion rights, Marge!
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2022, 06:37 AM   #329
slyjoe
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
MTG just insists on continually proving what an idiot she is long past the point where anyone with an IQ over 90 is unaware of that.

Apparently, the moron doesn't think women are concerned not only for themselves, but for their daughters, granddaughters, nieces, etc.

At 48, I highly doubt she's fertile, either. So shut the hell up on abortion rights, Marge!
Show us the birth certificate OB/GYN exam!
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2022, 03:28 PM   #330
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Show us the birth certificate OB/GYN exam!
Show me your hormone numbers and egg count, Biatch!
Old 27th October 2022, 02:09 PM   #331
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Show me your hormone numbers and egg count, Biatch!
When men start giving birth we could let them comment? Ditzy dope.
Old 29th October 2022, 05:40 PM   #332
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Marjorie Taylor Greene open her mouth and inserts foot once again. In response to the attack on Paul Pelosi, she tweeted "Violence and crime are rampant in Joe Biden’s America. It shouldn’t happen to Paul Pelosi. It shouldn’t happen to innocent Americans. It shouldn’t happen to me. (Swatted six times, violence & death threats every day)"

Violence in "Joe Biden's" America? And it shouldn't happen to Paul Pelosi? Then maybe she should stop supporting the Big Lie of her beloved Trump, myriad conspiracy theories and rhetoric like this past statement of hers:

"She took an oath to protect American citizens and uphold our laws. And she gives aid and comfort to our enemies who illegally invade our land. That's what treason is," Greene reportedly said at the time, per CNN. "And by our law, representatives and senators can be kicked out and no longer serve in our government. And it's a crime punishable by death is what treason is. Nancy Pelosi is guilty of treason."

Stupid *****.
Old 29th October 2022, 07:08 PM   #333
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Desperately seeking relevance.
Old 29th October 2022, 07:11 PM   #334
Fidelio
Graduate Poster

Where the **** are those jewish space lasers when ya need them?
.. The stars were suns, but so far away they were just little points of light ... The scale of the universe suddenly opened up to me. It was a kind of religious experience. There was a magnificence to it, a grandeur, a scale which has never left me. Never ever left me.
Carl Sagan
Fidelio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2022, 03:18 AM   #335
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

MAGA Madge called for "candidate quality" on Twitter.

I know....irony meters are now committing seppuku worldwide.
Old 12th November 2022, 08:13 AM   #336
Matthew Best
Penultimate Amazing

And yes, it's real, I checked:

https://twitter.com/RepMTG/status/1590680573148016640
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2022, 09:26 AM   #337
eerok
Quixoticist

Old 12th November 2022, 04:57 PM   #338
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
LOL. Worth a repeat post.
Old 12th November 2022, 05:10 PM   #339
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Matthew Best View Post
A DNC meeting.

Old 12th November 2022, 05:20 PM   #340
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
My wife thinks these are beyond adorable, where can we find them?
Old 12th November 2022, 06:14 PM   #341
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
My wife thinks these are beyond adorable, where can we find them?
"Search by Image" is your friend. https://www.uncommongoods.com/produc...s-garden-ducks apparently.

Yes. They certainly do ride high on the cutitude scale. An Xmas gift for someone, maybe.
Old 13th November 2022, 09:57 AM   #342
ferd burfle
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Matthew Best View Post

Cue Bugs Bunny, "What a maroon!"
Old 13th November 2022, 10:54 AM   #343
Lurch
Master Poster

@ferd burfle
Your avatar is something of a Rorschach test. What do I see? Three wood marionettes. The one on the right is bent over. The middle one is about to do some 'servicing'. The one on the left is waiting for sloppy seconds.
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2022, 11:11 AM   #344
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ferd burfle View Post
Cue Bugs Bunny, "What a maroon!"
Given the context, shouldn't that be, "Cue Daffy Duck?"
Quote:
I’m sure our enemies are quacking in their boots while we are still over here trying to count ballots. - emptyg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Calling emptyg.jpg (29.3 KB, 10 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2022, 01:34 PM   #345
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Two things: 1) It's spelled Chickamauga and 2) the Wilder Brigade was part of the UNION Army, not Confederate.

ETA: I didn't open your spoiler before replying.
As a Civil War Buff, I caught that right way.
And the ghost of General Thomas, the Rock Of Chickamauga, laughs at MTG.
Chickmaugha was one of the worst bloodbaths of the Civil War; Chickamauga is an Indian word meaning River Of Blood, which proves all to apporpriate.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2022, 04:09 PM   #346
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Well, MTG knows as much about the Civil War as she does about Anglo Saxon England: nothing. (Remember her Anglo Saxon Political values remark).
MTG:The Rockhead of Chickamauga.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2022, 04:51 PM   #347
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

If McCarthy had any cojones, he would take MTG aside in a thick-walled room and tell her in no uncertain terms to (a) give him her proxy permanently, (b) shut the **** up ALL the ******* time, and (c) go home and never come back to Washington, talk about Washington, or even think about talking about Washington, by any means whatever, to anyone. Failure to disappear will result in expulsion from the party and Republicans expelling her from Congress.

But he hasn't any. So this is just a fantasy.

Last edited by Norman Alexander; 13th November 2022 at 04:52 PM.
Old 13th November 2022, 07:10 PM   #348
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
If McCarthy had any cojones, he would take MTG aside in a thick-walled room and tell her in no uncertain terms to (a) give him her proxy permanently, (b) shut the **** up ALL the ******* time, and (c) go home and never come back to Washington, talk about Washington, or even think about talking about Washington, by any means whatever, to anyone. Failure to disappear will result in expulsion from the party and Republicans expelling her from Congress.

Compared to McCarthy, Nancy Pelosi has more balls in her ovaries...post menopause!
Old 13th November 2022, 07:14 PM   #349
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

This is the same party that shrugged their shoulders and pretended they couldn't do anything about Steve Kings racist rantings for almost 20 years.

I didn't buy it then and I don't buy it now.

People like MTG are in the Republican Party because the Republicans want them in their part.
Old 13th November 2022, 07:45 PM   #350
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
@ferd burfle
Your avatar is something of a Rorschach test. What do I see? Three wood marionettes. The one on the right is bent over. The middle one is about to do some 'servicing'. The one on the left is waiting for sloppy seconds.
It's a Steely Dan album cover.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2022, 09:06 PM   #351
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
This is the same party that shrugged their shoulders and pretended they couldn't do anything about Steve Kings racist rantings for almost 20 years.

I didn't buy it then and I don't buy it now.

People like MTG are in the Republican Party because the Republicans want them in their part.
Oh, surely!

Until they become a liability. And MTG is almost certainly a liability now. Good only for making up the numbers, nothing else.
Old 14th November 2022, 10:32 AM   #352
ferd burfle
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
@ferd burfle

Given the Rorschach test is meant to elicit thoughts from the viewer's subconscious...

And what phiwun said
Old 14th November 2022, 10:44 AM   #353
ferd burfle
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
Given the context, shouldn't that be, "Cue Daffy Duck?"

I remember it as Bugs' line, but Daffy certainly needs to be included given the context
Old 21st November 2022, 05:24 AM   #354
Chris_Halkides
Penultimate Amazing

Hunter Biden's laptop

"She rattles off the investigations she wants the new Republican majority in the House to launch immediately: Hunter Biden’s laptop, the military withdrawal from Afghanistan, federal aid to Ukraine and COVID-19′s origins...Floyd County resident Barry Boatner is glad to see Greene shaking things up in Washington. “She’s feisty,” he said. “She doesn’t go in there and bow down to them. She stands up for what I believe.”" Atlanta Journal Constitution.

Enquiring minds want to know...
Old 21st November 2022, 05:28 AM   #355
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Chris_Halkides View Post
"She rattles off the investigations she wants the new Republican majority in the House to launch immediately: Hunter Biden’s laptop, the military withdrawal from Afghanistan, federal aid to Ukraine and COVID-19′s origins...Floyd County resident Barry Boatner is glad to see Greene shaking things up in Washington. “She’s feisty,” he said. “She doesn’t go in there and bow down to them. She stands up for what I believe.”" Atlanta Journal Constitution.

Enquiring minds want to know...
I hope they set up each and every one of whatever committees she wants. And each one meets for the first and only time for one minute and returns a result of "no different from the last time we looked", and then agrees to wind up and disband.
Old 21st November 2022, 05:49 AM   #356
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

I hope they set up each and every one of whatever committees she wants. And each one meets for the first and only time for one minute and returns a result of "no different from the last time we looked", and then agrees to wind up and disband.
I'm afraid that it won't turn out that way. Instead the committees will be used as a conduit to enable a constant stream of Q-Anon to be fed into the media. All of this will be complete garbage but the media will feel compelled to report on it and so it will enter the public consciousness.
The Don is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2022, 10:14 AM   #357
Lurch
Master Poster

If the origins of Covid is so important to get to the bottom of, then how about the reason for the USA's 4-6X greater death rate compared to most other nations? Ya think the excess 700,000+ lost souls will find a voice through Large Marge 'shaking things up?'
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2022, 10:40 AM   #358
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
I'm afraid that it won't turn out that way. Instead the committees will be used as a conduit to enable a constant stream of Q-Anon to be fed into the media. All of this will be complete garbage but the media will feel compelled to report on it and so it will enter the public consciousness.
I do like how the report included a supportive comment from one Barry Boatner, Georgia resident. Did they have to search his town to find an absolute nobody who likes her? Is he the town drunk, and the report is a subtle laugh at her? What about a local mayor, or some other identifiable notable?
Old 21st November 2022, 11:33 AM   #359
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

I do like how the report included a supportive comment from one Barry Boatner, Georgia resident. Did they have to search his town to find an absolute nobody who likes her? Is he the town drunk, and the report is a subtle laugh at her? What about a local mayor, or some other identifiable notable?
Oh they love her because she “owns the libs”. Of course, due to her utter lack of representation they will own nothing else but hey!
Old 22nd November 2022, 07:01 AM   #360
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

It was noted in another thread that emptyg's personal acount has ALSO been restored by Twitter.
Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Disinformationists disturb me, as they should any thinking person...
greene was not only posting disinformation, she's a member of Congress. Her opinion -- at least in theory -- should hold some weight. Remember why she was banned? The 'fifth strike?'
From last January at the height of the omicron surge:

The fear was, people would listen to her, refuse the vaccine and some would die as a result of that decision. Did greene even care her information was wrong? That spreading it on social media might have serious consequences?

Nope.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg There is no truth.jpg (29.4 KB, 5 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics