IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 30th August 2019, 10:53 AM   #1
Venom
Philosopher

If Obama did it

Every time President Trump says or does something stupid or is even rumored to have done something outrageous behind closed doors, my mind always goes to what if Obama had done this? What would the reaction from Republicans and the general public be if the half-black Kenyan alleged Muslim president said a tenth of the stuff Trump has said?

Name some of Trump's most outrageous offenses and the reaction if it was Obama.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2019, 11:11 AM   #2
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Dang. I thought this was gonna be a thread about how Barack Obama might have killed Nicole Brown Simpson. If he did it. Which he didn't.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2019, 11:13 AM   #3
Venom
Philosopher

lol
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2019, 11:15 AM   #4
Venom
Philosopher

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Dang. I thought this was gonna be a thread about how Barack Obama might have killed Nicole Brown Simpson. If he did it. Which he didn't.
More to the point though, how would you react if Obama watched and talked to MSNBC every week?
Old 30th August 2019, 11:16 AM   #5
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Simple. The answer is "If Obama had done almost any of the things that Trump has done, the GOP would have been screaming for his impeachment."
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2019, 11:19 AM   #6
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
More to the point though, how would you react if Obama watched and talked to MSNBC every week?
I'd call him a thin-skinned naricissist, endure the slings and arrows of outrage from the other members here, and resolve not to vote for him or his party in the next election.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2019, 11:28 AM   #7
Belz...
Fiend God

I'd call him a thin-skinned naricissist
And as we know, no demonstration of that claim is necessary.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2019, 11:30 AM   #8
Venom
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Barack Hussein Obama
We went back and forth, then we fell in love. He wrote me beautiful letters. And they are great letters. We fell in love.
And a year since Otto Warmbier's death.

Rush Limbaugh would have a heart attack.
Old 30th August 2019, 11:35 AM   #9
Mumbles
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Simple. The answer is "If Obama had done almost any of the things that Trump has done, the GOP would have been screaming for his impeachment."
Thing is, we've got blatant bribery, open anti-Semitism, the claim that black people need to have their civil rights routinely violated, "Mexican" immigrants as rapists - and that was his campaign.

Face it, at this point the GOP is reactionary and neo-fascistic, not conservative. If Obama were an imitation of Dolt 45, the 2008 Primary would have been a coronation for Hillary Clinton.
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2019, 11:35 AM   #10
Scopedog
Muse

I don't know how Trump got away with these words or actions:

Hitting the reset button with Russia.

"The 80's called, they want their foreign policy back" in regards to Russia.

"After my election, I have more flexibility" in regards to Russia.

" ... if a JV team puts on Lakers uniforms, that doesn't make them Kobe Bryant" in regards to Al Qaeda off-shoots such as Islamic State.
Scopedog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2019, 11:36 AM   #11
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
We don't even need to imagine. Bill Clinton made a single lie and right-wingers were ready to oust him. And he wasn't even Kenyan black!

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2019, 11:44 AM   #12
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
My people came to me, [Director of National Intelligence] Dan Coats came to me and some others saying they think it's Russia. I have President Putin, he just said it’s not Russia. I will say this, I don’t see any reason why it would be.
I can see Mitch McConnell's head exploding if Obama had said this.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2019, 11:59 AM   #13
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
And as we know, no demonstration of that claim is necessary.
It's my opinion. Of course no demonstration is necessary. Expressing the opinion itself suffices.
Old 30th August 2019, 12:18 PM   #14
Belz...
Fiend God

It's my opinion. Of course no demonstration is necessary. Expressing the opinion itself suffices.
Don't be like that. Opinions can be supported. Otherwise they're worthless, even as opinions. You might as well ascribe that one to indigestion.

Old 30th August 2019, 12:26 PM   #15
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

If Obama...
wore a tie left so long as to cover his junk.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2019, 01:04 PM   #16
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

You're part of the cover up!

When Republican politicians were young, they were the kids who watched James Bond movies and said "I want to grow up to be just like [insert name of villain here]."
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2019, 01:16 PM   #17
Venom
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
If Obama...
wore a tie left so long as to cover his junk.
OMG this black man shredding our proper attire!

You're not in Chicago anymore, Hussein, dress professionally!
Old 30th August 2019, 01:34 PM   #18
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

The media would be nominating him for sainthood.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2019, 01:42 PM   #19
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
I'll have whatever he's having.
Old 30th August 2019, 02:03 PM   #20
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
I'll have whatever he's having.
One Kool-Aid coming up!
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2019, 02:29 PM   #21
gregthehammer
Muse

If Obama did it in a forest, would it make a sound?
gregthehammer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2019, 02:35 PM   #22
ArchSas
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by gregthehammer View Post
If Obama did it in a forest, would it make a sound?
Only if Hillary sent an email about it.
ArchSas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2019, 02:59 PM   #23
Venom
Philosopher

I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything.
[Insert white Evangelical reaction]
Old 30th August 2019, 03:12 PM   #24
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

If Obama did or said one thousandth of what Trump puts forth daily there would be a concerted organized “outrage” by the conservative media and Republican leadership accusing him of disrespectful, immoral, dangerous anti-American unpatriotic activities. In fact they did do just that near constantly. Recall the manufactured outcry when he wore a tan suit?

The level of hypocrisy is amazing!

The 180

Last edited by Giordano; 30th August 2019 at 03:16 PM.
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2019, 03:18 PM   #25
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
If Obama did or said one thousandth of what Trump puts forth daily there would be a concerted organized “outrage” by the conservative media and Republican leadership accusing him of disrespectful, immoral, dangerous anti-American unpatriotic activities. In fact they did do just that near constantly. Recall the manufactured outcry when he wore a tan suit?

The level of hypocrisy is amazing!

The 180
It's not really hypocrisy, because it was never honest outrage in the first place. It's deliberate deception in order to control the public. And it works. Until the downtrodden realize the mess they're in.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2019, 04:03 PM   #26
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Well we know how they reacted when he had the audacity to wear a Tan suit, so....

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2019, 05:45 PM   #27
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything.
[Insert white Evangelical reaction]
Done:
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

For the can't-watch-youtube-at-work challenged, it's the "Hey, where the white women at?" scene from Blazing Saddles
Old 30th August 2019, 05:53 PM   #28
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

You really need to cut back on the goofy pills, bro.
Old 30th August 2019, 08:15 PM   #29
Cain
Straussian

If Obama were half as narcissistic, dishonest and vulgar he'd be criticized as a typical "untrustworthy, low-class Black."
Cain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2019, 08:18 PM   #30
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
If Obama were half as narcissistic, dishonest and vulgar he'd be criticized as a typical "untrustworthy, low-class Black."
Prolly. I'd call Trump an untrustworthy, low-class, rich-kid brat.
Old 30th August 2019, 08:51 PM   #31
Venom
Philosopher

"We had a case where we had a white man who was a fan of mine. Great fan, great guy. In fact, I want to find out what's going on with him...*points* Oh look at my white guy over there!"
Old 30th August 2019, 10:30 PM   #32
Mumbles
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
Prolly. I'd call Trump an untrustworthy, low-class, rich-kid brat.
I'd describe *anyone* who behaved as Dolt 45 does as a narcissistic, thin-skinned, petty, vindictive, bigoted, conman, who would be a Three-card Monty dealer found stabbed to death in a gutter had he not been born into wealth.

Which is roughly how I've described the idiot in chief, repeatedly.

Again, I'm unconcerned with how federal-level Republicans would react if Obama reacted similarly. They've already shown themselves to have no shame - again, the worst threat to the US is still Moscow Mitch McConnell, and never forget this. They screamed and howled when Obama showed sympathy for the parents of murdered children, on multiple occasions. This is about the anniversary of the time they freaked out over his tan suit. But Dolt 45 tweeting out state secrets is fine to them.

None of them in federal office now belong there, and many of them belong in jail for life. Send them all back where they came from.

Dolt 45 is a dim-witted, slovenly, lazy white version of Louis Farrakhan. My question is "How would we react if this sort of disgusting person had opened his campaign by declaring that that Portugal was sending their worst?"

And for now, I feel pretty certain that such a person would immediately be persona non grata. For any good-natured republicans - I have no idea what you're doing, but support Bill Weld, who at least means what he says. We dems have some cleanup to do in Congress, to be sure, but we aren't nearly as corrupt, cowardly, hypocritical, and willing to sell democracy itself out as the GOP.

(But y'all are few and far between, aren't you? Good luck...)

Meanwhile, Stacy Abrams is working on on voting rights, along with Eric Holder, Pres. Obama, and yes, Arnold Schwarzenegger. How many times do black folks and recent immigrants need to stand up for actual democracy before y'all white people figure out how to do it on your own?
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2019, 06:39 AM   #33
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

If Obamad had done it
He must have done it numerous times, he has like two kids.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2019, 08:29 AM   #34
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
I'd describe *anyone* who behaved as Dolt 45 does as a narcissistic, thin-skinned, petty, vindictive, bigoted, conman, who would be a Three-card Monty dealer found stabbed to death in a gutter had he not been born into wealth.
I once read a blog that said something like. "If life was fair, Trump would be a used car salesman and Steve Bannon would be the guy standing out front in a hot dog costume who masturbates in the bathroom in the Arby's across the street during his lunch break"
Gunter Haas, the 'leading British expert,' was a graphologist who advised couples, based on their handwriting characteristics, if they were compatible for marriage. I would submit that couples idiotic enough to do this are probably quite suitable for each other. It's nice when stupid people find love. - Ludovic Kennedy
pgwenthold is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2019, 08:43 AM   #35
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
... like when he wore a tan suit.
Old 31st August 2019, 09:20 AM   #36
Baylor
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
Malia and Natasha were conceived via IVF.
Baylor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2019, 09:22 AM   #37
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
Twice. Like my own parents, they just did it twice.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Old 31st August 2019, 09:30 AM   #38
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

Originally Posted by uke2se View Post
It's not really hypocrisy, because it was never honest outrage in the first place. It's deliberate deception in order to control the public. And it works. Until the downtrodden realize the mess they're in.
At which point Phase Two begins: Use a marginalized group as a scapegoat for the mess.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2019, 09:56 AM   #39
wasapi
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Twice. Like my own parents, they just did it twice.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Exactly. Mine did it twice in the dark, were never nude, and I believe they were both mostly asleep.
Old 31st August 2019, 10:57 AM   #40
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Baylor View Post
Malia and Natasha were conceived via IVF.
Wait until Michelle finds out that Barack has a third daughter named Natasha! Who's the Baby Mama?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics