IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus

View Poll Results: Who do you blame?
Trump. He should have at least done a PSA encouraging people to get vaccinated. 42 37.84%
Right wing media for almost embracing an anti-vax sentiment 67 60.36%
Republican Governors particularly Desantis and Abbott 50 45.05%
Internet know it alls that don't actually. 30 27.03%
The Republican party for trying to be as crazy as Trump. 52 46.85%
Joe Biden for not being persuasive enough 3 2.70%
The Democrats because shouldn't we blame them? 3 2.70%
The public for being just too stupid. 59 53.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3rd September 2021, 06:28 AM   #321
angrysoba
Philosophile

I know who these people blame...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg **** Desantis.jpg (68.4 KB, 7 views)
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2021, 09:38 AM   #322
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post

Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 3rd September 2021, 12:32 PM   #323
ZiprHead
Critical Thinker

Stolen.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we can't satisfy the rich.
ZiprHead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2021, 02:56 PM   #324
kevbo
Thinker

Showed it to my adult children. Yeah! they said.
kevbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 09:51 AM   #325
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
I give up! You are simply refusing to understand.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2021, 12:34 AM   #326
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

It's not always bad to blame victims. If you're not vaccinated you're part of a firing squad that murders 1300 people every night. All those dead are your fault and the pro-life, pro-Americans you're making suffer won't forget your complicity.

If you're not vaccinated, you're not valuable.
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2021, 04:18 AM   #327
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
It's not always bad to blame victims. If you're not vaccinated you're part of a firing squad that murders 1300 people every night. All those dead are your fault and the pro-life, pro-Americans you're making suffer won't forget your complicity.

If you're not vaccinated, you're not valuable.
You think a large group of humans donít have any value to their life, and they deserve to die. And yet, at the same time, you think you are one of the good guys.

You arenít. People who dehumanize others so readily are always the villains, not the heroes. Yes, Hans, youíre the baddie.
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2021, 05:21 AM   #328
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
You think a large group of humans donít have any value to their life, and they deserve to die. And yet, at the same time, you think you are one of the good guys.

You arenít. People who dehumanize others so readily are always the villains, not the heroes. Yes, Hans, youíre the baddie.
nope.
We value the lives of the unvaccinated more highly than they do themselves. We want them to stay healthy and alive, when they are fully on board with getting sick, dying and passing the disease on to their loved ones.
If we value human life at all, we protect those who value it, too from those who don't value it at all..
Old 10th September 2021, 05:57 AM   #329
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

You think a large group of humans don’t have any value to their life, and they deserve to die. And yet, at the same time, you think you are one of the good guys.

You aren’t. People who dehumanize others so readily are always the villains, not the heroes. Yes, Hans, you’re the baddie.
Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
nope.
We value the lives of the unvaccinated more highly than they do themselves. We want them to stay healthy and alive, when they are fully on board with getting sick, dying and passing the disease on to their loved ones.
If we value human life at all, we protect those who value it, too from those who don't value it at all..
I too do not go along with Craig4's very hard and harsh view, however, I can fully understand the anger and frustration of people who have had an absolute gutsful of those selfish, egotistical morons who refuse to mask up, refuse to get vaccinated and, who who don't give a fat rat's arse whether they infect others with disease, and putting everyone else at risk so long at they get to exercise their Gawd-given "freedumbs" and "rights".

I say **** you to every single one of them!

PS: And just to give y'all an indication of how we roll in this country...

I took this photo inside a well-known local hardware store, but it is indicative of all shops here.... 100% compliance with masking up, 100% of the time, and not a security guard anywhere inside or outside as enforcers.

"How come?" I hear you ask. Well I can tell you it is not what some moronic ******* right-wing Americans will try to tell you - that us Kiwis are being good little compliant sheeple and obeying our "communist" government's edicts. Its because over here, we think for ourselves. We listen to, and understand what the medical experts are telling us. We have brains and commonsense on both sides of the political spectrum. We haven't politicised the wearing of masks. We haven't politicised vaccinations.

We love our freedoms and our rights just as much as any Americans do, its just that we have the intelligence to understand what we all need to do in order to increase our chances of living to enjoy them.
► Evolution is "survival of the fittest" - the fittest being those who are stronger, healthier and better adapted. Covid-19 has changed that. The fittest are now the well informed, logical, science believers who listen to the experts and get vaccinated.
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!

Last edited by smartcooky; 10th September 2021 at 05:59 AM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2021, 08:03 AM   #330
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Hmm...let's see, what's more dehumanizing? Othering the unvaccinateds or actually doing things to further the spread of the virus and killing people...let me see, boy that's a toughie. If their kind would just get the shot, they wouldn't be their kind anymore.
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2021, 08:33 AM   #331
Hlafordlaes
Disorder of Kilopi

Oh, the irony.
Indeed.

Just who, for example, had medical experiments conducted on them by government officials? Why are Black death rates from many medical conditions higher?

Here, so you won't even have to pick them anymore. Can we say "Thank you"?
Old 12th September 2021, 05:20 PM   #332
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...?ocid=msedgntp

Geeze, let's just move past the idea that anti maskers and anti vaxxers are even people. They're the lowest kind of scum imaginable. We don't need to see them as or treat them as human.
Old 12th September 2021, 11:35 PM   #333
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

He's going to go to jail now for assault, all because he wouldn't put a piece of cloth over his face.

PSGWSP!
► Evolution is "survival of the fittest" - the fittest being those who are stronger, healthier and better adapted. Covid-19 has changed that. The fittest are now the well informed, logical, science believers who listen to the experts and get vaccinated.
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2021, 11:51 PM   #334
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...?ocid=msedgntp

Geeze, let's just move past the idea that anti maskers and anti vaxxers are even people. They're the lowest kind of scum imaginable. We don't need to see them as or treat them as human.
Darn left wing liberal violence!

I would think a bank would have cameras to help ID this jerk. Put his picture on the news and social media.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2021, 12:19 PM   #335
catsmate
No longer the 1

Bollocks. The "baddies", to use your grossly over-simplified turn of phrase, are the idiots who refuse a simple, safe, effective vaccination and waste limited medical resources leaving others to sicken and die.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2021, 02:48 AM   #336
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

The scum who go to school board meetings to protest certainly don't see teachers or the board members as fully human or people of value. The mask burners who yell at threaten public health officials don't see them as humans who have value. Why should I treat their kind any differently than they treat other people?

And yes, I know I'm the baddie, I'm good with that.
Old 14th September 2021, 08:02 AM   #337
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing

Are the baddies the ones needlessly causing suffering and death, the ones attacking (and killing) people over mask mandates, the ones who keep trying to kidnap governors and school administration...or the ones calling them worthless and evil for doing all that?

I know, false dichotomy right? They can both be bad! But not the same bad in kind nor magnitude as each other, so the argument 'maybe dehumanizing the anti-containing the virus could lead to Nazi ****' is laughable when the 'dehumanizing the pro-reality' group has already started their brown shirt ****'.
tyr_13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2021, 08:08 AM   #338
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

You're adorable.

"Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid." - Valery Legasov
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2021, 08:38 AM   #339
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
nope.
Well, that is the point. There are those who simply regard this life as merely a place to wipe one's feet before one dies and enters the real life in heaven.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2021, 08:58 AM   #340
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
Bollocks. The "baddies", to use your grossly over-simplified turn of phrase, are the idiots who refuse a simple, safe, effective vaccination and waste limited medical resources leaving others to sicken and die.
I must return to what I said ages ago.

If everyone got vaccinated, observed a couple of weeks of lockdown, a month at most, used masks and all available precautions, this would be over 18 months ago.

But no. The ignorant have forced it to continue for two years and will force it to continue for the foreseeable future out of sheer contrarianism.

Because of that abject ignorance, I will continue to have to mask up. I am in the vulnerable contingent.

Because of that, I fear for my children's health.

Because of that people will needlessly perish.

Because of that abject ignorance, I am contemplating going for a booster, because these toxic wingnuts are wandering among us.

But had we all pulled together, this would have been over nearly two years ago now.

And why has the human race failed to eliminated this virus?

"cuz ma freedumbs".

Morons.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2021, 09:00 AM   #341
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

BTW I was also sure within a metaphysical certainity that the second the Covidiots started to die off, they would start playing the "Oh how can you be so mean" card both as a hijack, a trolling method, and a way to shift blame.

They deserve no sympathy. Take any backhanded insults about other people being mean and swallow them with your horse dewormer.

"Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid." - Valery Legasov
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics