IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 15th September 2021, 12:25 PM   #241
Spektator
Watching . . . always watching.

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post

About that chip in the vaccine thing, one of the comedy shows last night (I think maybe it was Jimmy Kimmel) it was pointed out that most of those people afraid of a chip in the vaccine have cell phones with GPS in their pockets.
The chips are not in the vaccine. They are in Ivermectin. I heard it from a guy. People should know!
Spektator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2021, 12:28 PM   #242
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Are British people getting crisps in their vaccines?

"Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid." - Valery Legasov
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2021, 12:33 PM   #243
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Are British people getting crisps in their vaccines?
Unless they get the pfiz and chips one.
Old 15th September 2021, 12:40 PM   #244
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Unless they get the pfiz and chips one.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2021, 03:17 PM   #245
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Spektator View Post
The chips are not in the vaccine. They are in Ivermectin. I heard it from a guy. People should know!
Hey, that's an excellent rumor to start!
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2021, 04:29 PM   #246
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Hey, that's an excellent rumor to start!
I hear that Covid turns your skin brown kind of like colloidal silver turn your skin blue. The more severe the case, the darker your skin gets.

That'll make them run for the needle faster than Trump can down a Big Mac.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2021, 04:55 PM   #247
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

The take away from San Diego and Orange County last night is that vaccine mandates are a good wedge issue for Democrats in swing districts/states. Democrats facing a Trumpanzee in suburban swing districts should come on full force for vaccine and mask mandates. They're more popular than anyone thought. The vaccine mandates were more popular in California than the "No" vote on the recall (though data is still being gathered).

Forget the video from the school board meetings, the moderate middle who don't go to school board meetings like vaccine mandates.
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2021, 08:45 PM   #248
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Spektator View Post
No rumor, medical fact:
Ivermectinis not given to bulls or stallions designated for breeding, as it negatively affects sperm quality and mobility.
But actual medical facts are not something anti-vaxxers are interested in.
Old 16th September 2021, 05:48 AM   #249
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
No rumor, medical fact:
Ivermectinis not given to bulls or stallions designated for breeding, as it negatively affects sperm quality and mobility.
But actual medical facts are not something anti-vaxxers are interested in.
Mobility or motility?
► Evolution is "survival of the fittest" - the fittest being those who are stronger, healthier and better adapted. Covid-19 has changed that. The fittest are now the well informed, logical, science believers who listen to the experts and get vaccinated.
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2021, 06:09 AM   #250
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Mobility or motility?
Not mo, less.
Old 16th September 2021, 03:11 PM   #251
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

From the "Rank Hypocrisy" file, comes this story

Faux News have railed against the vaccines, until some of the talking heads had a "come to Jebus" moment and started promoting them and encouraging people to have the jab. Currently, they are railing against Biden's vaccine mandates, calling them "intrusions on freedom" and a “dictatorial approach”

Well embarrassingly for Faux News, it turns out that they have a vaccine mandate of their own, and it is more strict than Biden's. All employees must either be vaccinated, or face daily testing (Biden's mandate only requires weekly testing).

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...tucker-carlson
The vast majority of employees at Fox Corporation, the umbrella company for the conservative Fox News channel, are vaccinated against coronavirus and those who are not will be required to do daily testing, according to a memo sent out from bosses – despite some of its biggest screen stars questioning the vaccine.

In the memo, which was sent out on Tuesday to Fox Corporation employees, Kevin Lord, the company’s executive vice-president, announced that more than 90% of the company’s full-time employees had been vaccinated, CNN first reported on Tuesday night. The information was uploaded on a secure system where employees could share their vaccination status, the memo said.

“Employees who are not vaccinated or have not provided their vaccination status and wish to access one of our facilities will not incur the cost of testing,” a Fox Corporation representative told the Guardian on Wednesday.
Even more embarrassingly for Faux News, The White House has heaped praise on the company for their vaccine mandate!
“Today’s news from Fox News follows a trend we’re seeing across the country: vaccination and testing requirements work,” a White House spokesperson told CNN on Tuesday night, adding: “We are glad they have stepped up to protect their workforce and strengthen the economy, and we encourage them to convey to their audience that these types of practices will protect their employees, their communities, and the economy.”

Oh dear. I don't think these things are going to go down well with Faux's moronic disciples!

One interesting thing here is that daily testing could drive any of these people who are not anti-vax "true bleevers" to getting the jab. Now I don't know if any of you here have had one of those nasopharyngeal swab test for Covid, but I have, and I promise you is a very unpleasant experience that frankly, I do not want to have again if I can avoid it. I can't see those who are not "true bleevers" putting up with that on a daily basis.
► Evolution is "survival of the fittest" - the fittest being those who are stronger, healthier and better adapted. Covid-19 has changed that. The fittest are now the well informed, logical, science believers who listen to the experts and get vaccinated.
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2021, 03:30 PM   #252
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Faux News have railed against the vaccines, until some of the talking heads had a "come to Jebus" moment and started promoting them and encouraging people to have the jab. Currently, they are railing against Biden's vaccine mandates, calling them "intrusions on freedom" and a “dictatorial approach”

Well embarrassingly for Faux News, it turns out that they have a vaccine mandate of their own, and it is more strict than Biden's. All employees must either be vaccinated, or face daily testing (Biden's mandate only requires weekly testing).

The vast majority of employees at Fox Corporation, the umbrella company for the conservative Fox News channel, are vaccinated against coronavirus and those who are not will be required to do daily testing, according to a memo sent out from bosses – despite some of its biggest screen stars questioning the vaccine.

In the memo, which was sent out on Tuesday to Fox Corporation employees, Kevin Lord, the company’s executive vice-president, announced that more than 90% of the company’s full-time employees had been vaccinated, CNN first reported on Tuesday night. The information was uploaded on a secure system where employees could share their vaccination status, the memo said.

“Employees who are not vaccinated or have not provided their vaccination status and wish to access one of our facilities will not incur the cost of testing,” a Fox Corporation representative told the Guardian on Wednesday.
Even more embarrassingly for Faux News, The White House has heaped praise on the company for their vaccine mandate!
“Today’s news from Fox News follows a trend we’re seeing across the country: vaccination and testing requirements work,” a White House spokesperson told CNN on Tuesday night, adding: “We are glad they have stepped up to protect their workforce and strengthen the economy, and we encourage them to convey to their audience that these types of practices will protect their employees, their communities, and the economy.”

Oh dear. I don't think these things are going to go down well with Faux's moronic disciples!
I've always said Republican mouthpieces don't believe a word they say. It's all talk to pump up their rabble base. They don't care about guns, or babies, or God or any of the rhetoric. They care about saying whatever is needed to maintain support. That's why I don't blame them so much; they are not guiding their base so much as reflecting it.

Quote:
One interesting thing here is that daily testing could drive any of these people who are not anti-vax "true bleevers" to getting the jab. Now I don't know if any of you here have had one of those nasopharyngeal swab test for Covid, but I have, and I promise you is a very unpleasant experience that frankly, I do not want to have again if I can avoid it. I can't see those who are not "true bleevers" putting up with that on a daily basis.
Oh hell yeah. I got tested before vaccines came out as a precaution. It was like they were trying to poke my eyes out from behind.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2021, 03:34 PM   #253
Warp12
Graduate Poster

Deep nasal swabs aren't really required anymore. Spit, or nostril entry, around here.

Last edited by Warp12; 16th September 2021 at 03:37 PM.
Warp12 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2021, 07:13 PM   #254
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Old 16th September 2021, 07:15 PM   #255
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
I've always said Republican mouthpieces don't believe a word they say. It's all talk to pump up their rabble base. They don't care about guns, or babies, or God or any of the rhetoric. They care about saying whatever is needed to maintain support. That's why I don't blame them so much; they are not guiding their base so much as reflecting it.

Oh hell yeah. I got tested before vaccines came out as a precaution. It was like they were trying to poke my eyes out from behind.
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Deep nasal swabs aren't really required anymore. Spit, or nostril entry, around here.
Hmmmm...'suddenly and mysteriously', all the nostril and spit tests go missing and all that's available are the deep nasal swabs......
Old 16th September 2021, 07:22 PM   #256
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
If only that photo was not in black and white... then I could have captioned it... "Well, colour me surprised!!!"
Old 16th September 2021, 07:26 PM   #257
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

That'll make them run for the needle faster than Trump can down a Big Mac.
Ha!

Old 16th September 2021, 07:31 PM   #258
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

If you are talking about Rapid Antigen Tests, those tests are less accurate than the PCR test; more false positives, more false negatives, more inconclusives.

PCR tests are considered the gold standard for Covid-19 testing. If you are asked to show proof of a Covid-19 you are required to provide results from a PCR test.

As far as I am aware, Fox are using the PCR test.
Old 16th September 2021, 07:36 PM   #259
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

You need both - PCR takes a long time, given that, ideally, you would test every day.
It's not that useful today to know that yesterday I was fine.
Old 17th September 2021, 03:18 AM   #260
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
You need both - PCR takes a long time, given that, ideally, you would test every day.
It's not that useful today to know that yesterday I was fine.
True. BV anyone entering the building of a client of ours was tested both ways.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2021, 12:28 PM   #261
Warbler
Thinker

I thinking they are should pass a law requiring everyone that can get vaccinated to get the vaccine. (unless you have a legit and sound medical reason why you can't vaccines, and I mean one where a legit doctor tells you, you can't have vaccines.)

If not getting vaccinated, effected yourself and only yourself, I would then then leave it up to each and every individual to decide for themselves. But in this case, it effects not only you, but everyone around you.

I say enough is enough. Everyone who can take the vaccine should be required to. This is an emergency.
Warbler is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2021, 12:40 PM   #262
Galaxie
Muse

Originally Posted by Warbler View Post
I thinking they are should pass a law requiring everyone that can get vaccinated to get the vaccine. (unless you have a legit and sound medical reason why you can't vaccines, and I mean one where a legit doctor tells you, you can't have vaccines.)

If not getting vaccinated, effected yourself and only yourself, I would then then leave it up to each and every individual to decide for themselves. But in this case, it effects not only you, but everyone around you.

I say enough is enough. Everyone who can take the vaccine should be required to. This is an emergency.
So I can pop on over to the local chiropractor and have her write me a note then?

Welcome, by the way!
Galaxie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2021, 12:56 PM   #263
Warbler
Thinker

Obviously a doctor more legit than that. It has to be the proper kind of doctor for diagnosing whatever the medical condition it is the the renders the person in question incapable to getting vaccines. I don't know of any medical conditions the preclude getting vaccines where a chiropractor would be the kind of doctor to diagnose it.
Warbler is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2021, 12:57 PM   #264
Warbler
Thinker

Originally Posted by Galaxie View Post
Welcome, by the way!
Thankyou!
Old 17th September 2021, 01:19 PM   #265
Galaxie
Muse

Obviously a doctor more legit than that. It has to be the proper kind of doctor for diagnosing whatever the medical condition it is the the renders the person in question incapable to getting vaccines. I don't know of any medical conditions the preclude getting vaccines where a chiropractor would be the kind of doctor to diagnose it.
Maybe you have smilies turned off, but I was being sarcastic because of stuff like this:
A Florida chiropractor signed hundreds of mask exemption forms for students

Last edited by Galaxie; 17th September 2021 at 01:20 PM.
Galaxie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2021, 01:38 PM   #266
Steve
Philosopher

So I can pop on over to the local chiropractor and have her write me a note then?

Welcome, by the way!
I suspect Warbler wrote imprecisely and actually meant MD.

Ditto for the school district in your link.

(And i have no doubt you knew that

Last edited by Steve; 17th September 2021 at 01:41 PM.
Steve is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2021, 02:04 PM   #267
kevbo
Thinker

I agree.

Welcome to the forum, we do have our moments, but are worth hanging out with.
kevbo is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2021, 03:17 PM   #268
Warp12
Graduate Poster

If you are talking about Rapid Antigen Tests, those tests are less accurate than the PCR test; more false positives, more false negatives, more inconclusives.

PCR tests are considered the gold standard for Covid-19 testing. If you are asked to show proof of a Covid-19 you are required to provide results from a PCR test.

As far as I am aware, Fox are using the PCR test.
I am going by what they are using for weekly testing in the workplace, around here. Even prior to a recent medical procedure, it was just a general nasal swab.

Last edited by Warp12; 17th September 2021 at 03:19 PM.
Warp12 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2021, 03:29 PM   #269
Warbler
Thinker

Maybe you have smilies turned off, but I was being sarcastic because of stuff like this:
yeah, unfortunately I am terrible at detecting sarcasm in text only things like forum posts. Also I had not heard of this Florida Chiropractor story.

(I had to delete the link in your post. Apparently I have to have a certain number of posts before links are allowed in my posts, I guess that also includes quotes of other peoples' posts.)
Old 17th September 2021, 03:29 PM   #270
Warbler
Thinker

Originally Posted by kevbo View Post
I agree.

Welcome to the forum, we do have our moments, but are worth hanging out with.
Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 03:30 PM   #271
Warbler
Thinker

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I suspect Warbler wrote imprecisely and actually meant MD.

Ditto for the school district in your link.

(And i have no doubt you knew that
Yes, a legit MD doctor.
Old 17th September 2021, 03:32 PM   #272
Warp12
Graduate Poster

yeah, unfortunately I am terrible at detecting sarcasm in text only things like forum posts. Also I had not heard of this Florida Chiropractor story.

(I had to delete the link in your post. Apparently I have to have a certain number of posts before links are allowed in my posts, I guess that also includes quotes of other peoples' posts.)
If you go on YouTube, you will find that many Chiropractors consider themselves to be medical experts.
Old 17th September 2021, 03:54 PM   #273
Steve
Philosopher

If you go on YouTube, you will find that many Chiropractors consider themselves to be medical experts.
That is unfortunately true.
Old 17th September 2021, 04:25 PM   #274
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Welcome. Sarcasm is hard to detect sometimes which is why we tend to use the rolleyes emoji . You can also use the "sarcasm" sign which you can find by going to the smilies to the left and clicking on [More] then drop down the "choose a category" and choose "requests". Just click on whatever emoji you want to use. Play around with them all. You'll find favorites.

Sarcasm is especially difficult to detect when you don't know the characters around here. But be warned, like Trump, some tend to claim sarcasm or "I was joking" when things don't pan out the way they expected. You'll get the drift after a bit. Also be forewarned: Cain is infamous for his sarcastic/tongue in cheek/outrageous posts which are not a reflection of his true opinions, usually the opposite. Almost every newbie, including me, fell for it and only then got the 'heads up' on him.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 17th September 2021 at 04:44 PM.
Old 17th September 2021, 04:43 PM   #275
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Also be forewarned: Cain is infamous his sarcastic/tongue in cheek/outrageous posts which are not a reflection of his true opinions, usually the opposite. Almost every newbie, including me, fell for it and only then got the 'heads up' on him.
He is so well known for this here that the forum actually has its own word for falling victim to his wry wit, it known as being "cained"!

Oh, and welcome!

Last edited by smartcooky; 17th September 2021 at 04:44 PM.
Old 17th September 2021, 05:00 PM   #276
Warp12
Graduate Poster

Also be forewarned: Cain is infamous for his sarcastic/tongue in cheek/outrageous posts which are not a reflection of his true opinions, usually the opposite. Almost every newbie, including me, fell for it and only then got the 'heads up' on him.
The more things change, the more they stay the same, it would seem.
Old 17th September 2021, 05:05 PM   #277
Warbler
Thinker

I guess, but it doesn't make them one.
Old 17th September 2021, 05:08 PM   #278
Warp12
Graduate Poster

I guess, but it doesn't make them one.
They probably have more medical knowledge than the average forum member, though. You'd have to take it on a case-by-case basis.
Old 17th September 2021, 05:18 PM   #279
Steve
Philosopher

They probably have more medical knowledge than the average forum member, though. You'd have to take it on a case-by-case basis.
Both high lighted statements are true. But also rather contradictory, don't you think? And I doubt that either qualifies a chiropractor to sign off mask exemptions.
Old 17th September 2021, 05:44 PM   #280
Warbler
Thinker

They probably have more medical knowledge than the average forum member, though.
That also doesn't make one a medical expert. My Mom having been a nurse for over 40 years probably has more medical knowledge than the average forum member, doesn't mean she qualifies as medical expert. She is not a doctor and certainly not an MD.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics