IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Andrew Cuomo , New York politics , politics scandals

Old 2nd March 2021, 05:18 AM   #41
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
I haven't observed a single instance. Quite the opposite, as Firestone's sampling demonstrates. And I'm not surprised one bit.

That's a result of filtering things through an ideological bent.
Let's not play dumb.

Some strong voices have come forward to condemn his behavior, including calls for resignation. That's good.

Plenty of Democrats are clearly taking a "wait and see approach", calling for investigations (or not) but not outright condemning his actions or demanding resignation. Progressives are rightly criticizing this as a blatant hypocrisy.

Quote:
While Democrats across the country are not rallying behind Cuomo, few are calling for him to step down. For now, Rep. Kathleen Rice is the only Democrat from New York’s congressional delegation to explicitly call for Cuomo’s resignation.

That’s in contrast to the treatment of former Minnesota Sen. Al Franken, who ultimately bowed to pressure from within his own party to step down in 2018 after facing accusations of sexual impropriety from several women.
https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden...18c818535fa0d4

Seems to me Cuomo is cooked. Dragging this thing out is to no benefit. The party needs to disavow this toad, demand resignation, and move on.

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 2nd March 2021 at 06:13 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2021, 03:19 PM   #42
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Firestone View Post
The simple reality is that there are credible allegations about Cuomo, and that elected Democratic politicians in New York City/State are NOT giving him a mulligan.

That reality seems disturbing, even incomprehensible, to some people on the left and on the right, but hey, "it is what it is", as another known sexual predator once said.
Sadly, a lot of people on the left in many internet forums are giving his a pass, and what is both amusing and scary is they sound exactly like Trump supporters in doing so.
Bunch of nothing, being blown out of proportion by the media, etc.'
Sae Chris Cuomo recusation last night. Not good enough. he should be suspended until this is settled one way or the other.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2021, 03:20 PM   #43
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by mumblethrax View Post
He’s probably doomed. His leadership style (berating anyone who disagrees with him) ensures that people will turn on him if they sense weakness.
And his messed up apology did not help matters.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2021, 10:21 PM   #44
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Smile

Originally Posted by mumblethrax View Post
He’s probably doomed. His leadership style (berating anyone who disagrees with him) ensures that people will turn on him if they sense weakness.
I work for a pretty successful company that had about 300 people in the local office before covid.

In 9 years I never heard someone yell at a coworker or an junior person. Where does the notion that it is okay come from?
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2021, 11:59 PM   #45
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Sadly, a lot of people on the left in many internet forums are giving his a pass, and what is both amusing and scary is they sound exactly like Trump supporters in doing so.
Bunch of nothing, being blown out of proportion by the media, etc.'
Sae Chris Cuomo recusation last night. Not good enough. he should be suspended until this is settled one way or the other.
(bolding mine)

I'm sorry, but this is a false equivalence.

The problem with Trump's many (alleged) crimes, sexual predation, and general misbehaviour, was not that anonymous Internet figures (like, say, our very own logger), were defending him come hell or high water. It was that most Republican Senators, House members, etc were doing it.

You just don't see this with Cuomo. Randos on the Internet? Sure. Elected Democrats? Not a lot, quite the contrary.
Old 3rd March 2021, 06:43 AM   #46
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Firestone View Post
(bolding mine)

I'm sorry, but this is a false equivalence.

The problem with Trump's many (alleged) crimes, sexual predation, and general misbehaviour, was not that anonymous Internet figures (like, say, our very own logger), were defending him come hell or high water. It was that most Republican Senators, House members, etc were doing it.

You just don't see this with Cuomo. Randos on the Internet? Sure. Elected Democrats? Not a lot, quite the contrary.
Indeed. You'd think "people are saying..." wouldn't be something that people say here for various, obvious reasons. In addition to your spot on point, we don't know if the observation is statically significant, and we don't know if the 'reporter' has characterized what the people are saying accurately.
Old 3rd March 2021, 06:53 AM   #47
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Indeed. You'd think "people are saying..." wouldn't be something that people say here for various, obvious reasons. In addition to your spot on point, we don't know if the observation is statically significant, and we don't know if the 'reporter' has characterized what the people are saying accurately.
By being democratic politicians, they are choosing to associate themselves with the randos on the internet by being members of the same group. They are owning it.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2021, 07:06 AM   #48
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
By being democratic politicians, they are choosing to associate themselves with the randos on the internet by being members of the same group. They are owning it.
What randos? Prove they exist. Prove they are statiscally significant in number. Prove they are actually saying what is being suggested.

And with this gibberish as a foundation, "they are owning it"! What a joke.
Old 3rd March 2021, 07:39 AM   #49
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

What randos? Prove they exist. Prove they are statiscally significant in number. Prove they are actually saying what is being suggested.

And with this gibberish as a foundation, "they are owning it"! What a joke.
All it takes is one random democrat, and every democrat owns it.
Old 3rd March 2021, 07:48 AM   #50
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

All it takes is one random democrat, and every democrat owns it.
Seeing that there are random bozos on the internet representing every demographic posting absurd things on every topic under the sun, that means in The World According To Bob, every politician owns everything all the time. Meaningless on steroids.
Old 3rd March 2021, 07:55 AM   #51
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Seeing that there are random bozos on the internet representing every demographic posting absurd things on every topic under the sun, that means in The World According To Bob, every politician owns everything all the time. Meaningless on steroids.
Only the politicians that identify with a group
Old 3rd March 2021, 08:01 AM   #52
Cavemonster
Philosopher

I'm a bit confused by all this "double standard" talk.

I can't think of a particular Republican being pressured to resign over something comparable to sexual harrassment in the form of unwanted flirting.

I'm not trying to minimize what Cuomo did, I see it as wholly innappropriate and good reason for him to step down (if there hadn't already been MORE than enough reason for him to be ousted already from the Covid numbers coverup).

As far as I can recall, the highly publicized calls for Republican heads on a platter seem to have come from much more dire accusations. I mean Roy Moore was accused of "dating" underaged girls. Trump has been accused of rape. Kavanaugh's accusation was not for unwanted flirting.

For there to be any meat to a "double standard" accusation, we'd have to be looking at something comparable, right?

Again, I don't think "Have you ever dated an older guy?" is something a governor should say to a staffer, but I don't see it as anything like what democrats have been calling for GOP to lose their jobs for. I feel like there's weird lumping in of any misconduct in any way related to sex as though it was the same thing. I'm happy to consider a sleezy oblique come-on as a fireable offense for a governor, that's fine, I'm on board.

But considering it comparable in any way to rape and child abuse? That feels crazy sauce to me.
The weakness of all Utopias is this, ... They first assume that no man will want more than his share, and then are very ingenious in explaining whether his share will be delivered by motorcar or balloon.
-G.K. CHESTERTON
Cavemonster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2021, 11:10 AM   #53
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

yep.

Only way for Cuomo to salvage this is to join the GOP.
Old 3rd March 2021, 11:52 AM   #54
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

Welp, here we go.

Quote:
Cuomo Denies Touching Anyone Inappropriately: ‘I’m Not Going To Resign’
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimam...h=2147e68979ab
Old 3rd March 2021, 04:45 PM   #55
mumblethrax
Species traitor

Where does the notion that it is okay come from?
The tri-state area.
mumblethrax is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2021, 04:51 PM   #56
angrysoba
Philosophile

It says here:

Quote:
$1.2 Million Awarded to Town of Irondequoit to Ensure Public Health by Replacing At-Risk Waste Water Pump Station
I predict the next scandle: The pump don't work cos the vandles stole the handals.
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2021, 07:38 PM   #57
Venom
Philosopher

On sexual misconduct allegations I say the same for Cuomo as I do for anyone; If we don't know, then we don't know. Alleged victims tend to be believable, but to go from believable to taking legal action against the accused or ruining his career is a bold step.

The best we can do, and I think there has been progress here, is getting women to report misconduct as soon as possible. Five years later, seven years, a decade later...what are we supposed to do with an accusation? Even if we cannot bring closure to every case, I think a general heightened awareness of sexual harassment/assault is the best way to handle the crisis and encourage women to tell.

Course Cuomo should still pack his bags and resign for the other scandal.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2021, 09:23 PM   #58
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

If anyone still thinks the parties are the same, Republicans are doubling down on treason and sedition while Democrats are wisely abandoning their wounded.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2021, 09:30 PM   #59
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Let's not play dumb.

Some strong voices have come forward to condemn his behavior, including calls for resignation. That's good.

Plenty of Democrats are clearly taking a "wait and see approach", calling for investigations (or not) but not outright condemning his actions or demanding resignation. Progressives are rightly criticizing this as a blatant hypocrisy.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden...18c818535fa0d4

Seems to me Cuomo is cooked. Dragging this thing out is to no benefit. The party needs to disavow this toad, demand resignation, and move on.
This sounds pretty typical of "progressives" to me. Organise the firing squad first and then do the investigation into if the guy was actually guilty after he's been buried, if even then as it's far easier to just assume that he must have been guilty because allegations are enough to determine guilt, and that way you don't even need to bother to investigate.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th March 2021, 12:38 AM   #60
Venom
Philosopher

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
This sounds pretty typical of "progressives" to me. Organise the firing squad first and then do the investigation into if the guy was actually guilty after he's been buried, if even then as it's far easier to just assume that he must have been guilty because allegations are enough to determine guilt, and that way you don't even need to bother to investigate.
It's typical of all groups with zeal for change, whatever direction.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th March 2021, 02:59 AM   #61
Shadowdweller
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Meadmaker View Post
As for the workplace accusations and Governor Cuomo, as I said, I'm not sure of the details of the allegations. I do think that sexual harassment in the workplace is a problem, but I don't subscribe to the theory that every sexual advance is an offense, even if there's some sort of power imbalance involved. Unwanted sexual advances are an offense, but how do you know they are unwanted the first time you make an advance?
TBH, the fact that all too much of the public outrage seems to be ignoring the nursing home issues while calling this sort of behavior "sexual assault" or "sexual harassment" seriously disgusts me. At least unless, unbeknownst to myself, Cuomo continued to repeat this behavior toward individuals who had already expressed disinterest or disgust. Or tried this in some hitherto unknown extreme context, such as broaching the subject of someone's sex life while they are requesting vital aid/assistance. The fact of the matter is that standards of propriety are highly variable in this country; and highly subjective.

Speaking as a former sexual assault victim.
Shadowdweller is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th March 2021, 03:15 AM   #62
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by Cavemonster View Post
As far as I can recall, the highly publicized calls for Republican heads on a platter seem to have come from much more dire accusations. I mean Roy Moore was accused of "dating" underaged girls. Trump has been accused of rape. Kavanaugh's accusation was not for unwanted flirting.

For there to be any meat to a "double standard" accusation, we'd have to be looking at something comparable, right?
Not to mention that the other side doesn't seem to have any standards for their own.
Old 11th March 2021, 04:14 PM   #63
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

The drip-drip-drip continues:

Quote:
The police characterized the alleged groping by the governor of a female aide as something that may rise “to the level of a crime.”
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2021, 04:32 PM   #64
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
The drip-drip-drip continues:
Quote:
Albany Police Department officials said on Thursday that they had been notified by the New York State Police and the governor’s office about an alleged incident at the Executive Mansion involving Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo and a female aide that may have risen “to the level of a crime.”

Steve Smith, a spokesman for the Albany police, said that the department had not received a formal complaint from the woman, who has not been identified, but that it had reached out to a lawyer for her.

This does not mean, Mr. Smith said, that the department has opened a criminal investigation, but it has offered its services to the alleged victim, “as we would do with any other report or incident.”
They are reporting on what the police said. Unless the police are in on the conspiracy between the DNC and the liberal media (if that's what you are implying), then it only makes sense that they would report on it.
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2021, 05:51 PM   #65
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
They are reporting on what the police said. Unless the police are in on the conspiracy between the DNC and the liberal media (if that's what you are implying), then it only makes sense that they would report on it.
I was referring to the nursing home scandal, which had been extensively covered last year in the NY Post, but which the Times and the MSM had largely ignored because Cuomo was proving such an effective foil to Trump. However, now that the election is over, Cuomo's popularity could be a problem for Harris in 2024 and hence the NY Times' sudden interest in the nursing home story. The sexual harassment allegations seem to have popped up independently, and while I am sure that Harris' fans are loving it, I see no reason to assume they had any hand in it. Not sure why you bring up the DNC.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2021, 06:20 PM   #66
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
It's a liberal conspiracy, it always is....(in Republican eyes). The MSM is a giant, liberal front to promote leftie values.....
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2021, 06:42 AM   #67
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
It's a liberal conspiracy, it always is....(in Republican eyes). The MSM is a giant, liberal front to promote leftie values.....
This is blue on blue. And while the NY Times skews liberal in its oped pages (and its rank and file is probably more liberal), they certainly don't seem to have excessive affection for the far left.
Old 12th March 2021, 10:09 AM   #68
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

Cuomo Never Let Me Forget I Was a Woman

Quote:
But my calculation was a bit off. I was wrong to believe this experience would last for just a moment. Keeping his grip on me as I practically squirmed to get away from him, the governor turned my body to face a different direction for yet another picture. He never let go of my hand.

Then he turned to me with a mischievous smile on his face, in front of all of my colleagues, and said: “I’m sorry. Am I making you uncomfortable? I thought we were going steady.”

I stood there in stunned silence, shocked and humiliated. But, of course, that was the point.

I never thought the governor wanted to have sex with me. It wasn’t about sex. It was about power. He wanted me to know that I was powerless, that I was small and weak, that I did not deserve what relative power I had: a platform to hold him accountable for his words and actions. He wanted me to know that he could take my dignity away at any moment with an inappropriate comment or a hand on my waist. (The Cuomo administration has declined to comment.)
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/arti...-reporter.html

Time to flush this turd.
Old 12th March 2021, 10:24 AM   #69
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

If he was a Republican, they'd nominate him for POTUS.
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2021, 10:25 AM   #70
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

Emergency sex pest press conference at 1pm.

Quote:
BREAKING:
@NYGovCuomo
announces a 1 PM presser after a dozen Congressional Dems call for his resignation.
https://twitter.com/jessemckinley/st...22928760840197
Old 12th March 2021, 10:57 AM   #71
wareyin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Emergency sex pest press conference at 1pm.

https://twitter.com/jessemckinley/st...22928760840197
A dozen Congressional Dems call for his resignation? Man, I heard that the "libs" would circle the wagons around him.
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2021, 11:30 AM   #72
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by wareyin View Post
A dozen Congressional Dems call for his resignation? Man, I heard that the "libs" would circle the wagons around him.
It's up to six women now, it's pretty untenable to support him anymore.

Brooklyn Dad Defiant, some PAC funded resistance lib grifter influencer, has retracted his comment implying that the women were part of some political hit job.

Quote:
I want to sincerely apologize to everyone for helping to fuel doubts about the accusers of Gov. Cuomo.

It was a bad tweet, and I was wrong. I have since deleted the tweet.

The accusations should be taken seriously, and I got it wrong.
https://twitter.com/mmpadellan/statu...72111818084358
Old 13th March 2021, 03:59 AM   #73
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
I was referring to the nursing home scandal, which had been extensively covered last year in the NY Post, but which the Times and the MSM had largely ignored because Cuomo was proving such an effective foil to Trump. However, now that the election is over, Cuomo's popularity could be a problem for Harris in 2024 and hence the NY Times' sudden interest in the nursing home story. The sexual harassment allegations seem to have popped up independently, and while I am sure that Harris' fans are loving it, I see no reason to assume they had any hand in it. Not sure why you bring up the DNC.
Okay, so this is your contention? That the NYTimes and the MSM are in the pocket of Harris?

Sure.

Old 13th March 2021, 08:47 AM   #74
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

I would like to see him refuse to resign. Not because I think he shouldn't, but because this is a great opportunity to establish some kind of independent, formal process for removal from office on ethical considerations, that doesn't rely on shaming someone out of office. Too many scoundrels these days have proved entirely incapable of feeling shame.
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2021, 08:56 AM   #75
zorro99
Graduate Poster

Remember when the liberal media ignored all those sexual harassment allegations against Cuomo?

No, I don’t.
Old 13th March 2021, 10:00 AM   #76
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

no wonder the Right loves the accusations against Cuomo: turns out he is very much like Trump, but when their Dear Leader did the same things they couldn't see it.
Old 13th March 2021, 10:40 AM   #77
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
no wonder the Right loves the accusations against Cuomo: turns out he is very much like Trump, but when their Dear Leader did the same things they couldn't see it.
What's bizarre is this scandal is blanking out what the scumbag DeSantis did in Florida with the COVID vaccine.

Make it about sex and there is a laser focus. Actual public corruption becomes ho hum.
Old 13th March 2021, 10:42 AM   #78
Scopedog
Muse

In 2013, the former mayor of San Diego, Bob Filner, held out for a while after multiple sexual misconduct allegations before resigning. He negotiated a pretty sweet resignation that included compensation for some legal expenses by the city. The current Vice President also agreed to a pretty sweet plea deal for a brief house arrest and being barred from running for office (only ended up being through the period of probation). It's somewhat disingenuous to say that the Democratic Party actually takes these things seriously beyond public lip service. The consequences often seem to depend on how powerful the chess piece is (this applies to both sides).

The people who matter in New York state politics have come to Andrew Cuomo and said: "you need to resign."

Andrew Cuomo said: "okay, what are you going to do for me?"

I imagine his public statements about refusal to resign are part of establishing his bargaining posture and raising the stakes so he can make bigger demands. He's probably negotiating the favorable terms of his resignation as we speak. Probably also negotiating the terms of investigations, prosecutions, and convictions with sweet plea deals.

Andrew Cuomo said that the accused deserves due process, that resignation is undemocratic, and we shouldn't cave to cancel culture. It'll be interesting if this is the standard from now on (not just when politically convenient). It took, what, 5, 6 accusers to convince top Democratic Party members to sacrifice this powerful chess piece? Al Franken was a weak chess piece in comparison and the party was criticizing the Republicans for Roy Moore as a senate candidate at the time so the calculation was made that Al Franken was an acceptable sacrifice (Andrew Cuomo was supposed to eventually be elected president).

It's also interesting that the governor of New York is imploding at the same time the governor of California is imploding (recall campaign).

Last edited by Scopedog; 13th March 2021 at 11:11 AM.
Scopedog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2021, 11:14 AM   #79
eeyore1954
Philosopher

Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Big call. Nearly 50,000 NYC residents died (oh, not counting the dead of covid aged care residents deliberately not counted).

He deserves to go right now.
They were counted just not as nursing home deaths
eeyore1954 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2021, 11:16 AM   #80
eeyore1954
Philosopher

I can only assume he didn’t bother to watch the training videos that I thought was required in NY. At my job we have to watch them every year.
eeyore1954 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics