IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Andrew Giuliani , FBI investigations , Hunter Biden , rudy giuliani

Old 28th April 2021, 10:35 AM   #1
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Federal investigators search Giuliani apartment: reports

Federal prosecutors executed a search warrant at the apartment of Rudy Giuliani, advancing its investigation into former President Trump’s personal lawyer and his dealings with Ukraine, The New York Times and other outlets reported Wednesday.

According to the Times, investigators seized Giuliani’s electronic devices, a significant development into the long-running investigation into whether the former New York mayor illegally lobbied the Trump administration on behalf of Ukrainian oligarchs.

Those same officials were aiding Giuliani in his search for dirt on Trump’s political rivals, including then-Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden.

The U.S. Attorney's office in Manhattan and the FBI declined to comment on the matter.

A spokesperson for Giuliani did not immediately respond.

Under Trump, Justice Department officials repeatedly sought to block the office from seeking a warrant for Giuliani’s phones.

The new warrant suggests federal prosecutors believe they have a compelling case. Prosecutors are only able to secure a warrant only if they can convince a judge that a search is likely to produce evidence of a crime.

https://thehill.com/policy/national-...artment-report
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2021, 10:39 AM   #2
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

I hear they were looking for some gardening tools stolen from Four Seasons Total Landscaping.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2021, 12:11 PM   #3
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Giuliani sold his soul to the devil in supporting Trump, and the devil has come around to collect....

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2021, 12:31 PM   #4
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Well if that whacky, lackey Rudy is being searched by the Feds. then is it is time for:

"TRIAL BY COMBAT!"

Which, by a happy coincidence, is occurring at the same time that the latest version of the 'Mortal Combat' movie is being released.

On 15 FEB 2019 'BobTheCoward' said: "I constantly assert I am a fool."

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2021, 12:34 PM   #5
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Pendulum swinging the other way now with a new sheriff in town.

Slate reported just minutes ago.
Quote:
On Wednesday afternoon [this afternoon], Giuliani tweeted that he would be appearing on his regularly scheduled radio program “for a live statement” at 3 p.m. on WABC radio. The radio network apparently pre-empted that program and aired another host and Giuliani subsequently deleted the tweet. Link to Slate article
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Uh oh.jpg (78.4 KB, 14 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2021, 12:35 PM   #6
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
Well if that whacky, lackey Rudy is being searched by the Feds. then is it is time for:

"TRIAL BY COMBAT!"

Which, by a happy coincidence, is occurring at the same time that the latest version of the 'Mortal Combat' movie is being released.
Still think the best Trial By Combat scene is the Duel for the city of Calahorra in the classic epic "El Cid".

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2021, 01:11 PM   #7
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Still think the best Trial By Combat scene is the Duel for the city of Calahorra in the classic epic "El Cid".

Another Charlton Heston epic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7uE2-AyaeU
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2021, 01:18 PM   #8
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

I can't help but think Giuliani's apartment must smell horrible, all musty and mildewy.
Old 28th April 2021, 01:46 PM   #9
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
I hear they were looking for some gardening tools stolen from Four Seasons Total Landscaping.
Don't trust them. Its a plant!

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2021, 01:49 PM   #10
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Maybe just a hoe.
Old 28th April 2021, 01:55 PM   #11
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

Look what's back: one of Hunter Biden's many laptops.

Quote:
Rudy's son Andrew Giuliani brings Hunter Biden into the FBI raid:

"The only piece of evidence that they did not take up there today was the only piece of incriminating evidence that is in there — and it does not belong to my father, it belongs to the current president's son.

https://twitter.com/therecount/statu...659021313?s=19
Video embedded in tweet.
Old 28th April 2021, 02:13 PM   #12
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Firestone View Post
Look what's back: one of Hunter Biden's many laptops.

Video embedded in tweet.
Did he say what that piece of evidence was? Surely they didn't leave a laptop. Did they sort the papers on the spot and toss Hunter stuff?

Why not take that evidence and destroy it?

The son is as mental as his father.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2021, 02:16 PM   #13
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

So did they find the painting of a ravishing handsome youthful Giuliani?
Old 28th April 2021, 02:16 PM   #14
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Did he say what that piece of evidence was? Surely they didn't leave a laptop. Did they sort the papers on the spot and toss Hunter stuff?

Why not take that evidence and destroy it?

The son is as mental as his father.
Doubt it, but probably as dishonest.
Old 28th April 2021, 02:26 PM   #15
wasapi
Penultimate Amazing

Perhaps it makes me a bad person, but oh-well. I am really enjoying this, and eagerly await the 'findings'! And, I agree with TM, I'll bet the place reeks; stress sweat, halitosis, garbage, urine - he seems to have issues with getting his pants on. Or off.
Old 28th April 2021, 02:28 PM   #16
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Is that what they meant by underage "ho's"?
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2021, 02:28 PM   #17
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

The Fox News clip that I saw on this was relatively straight forward but the comments under it were all over the place. Some say they were specifically there to destroy the Hunter Biden laptop, so those people need to talk to Rudy's son.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2021, 02:31 PM   #18
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Deleted; I misread something.

Last edited by Minoosh; 28th April 2021 at 02:48 PM.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2021, 02:44 PM   #19
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
The Fox News clip that I saw on this was relatively straight forward but the comments under it were all over the place. Some say they were specifically there to destroy the Hunter Biden laptop, so those people need to talk to Rudy's son.
Weren't there literally hundreds of highly incriminating Hunter Biden laptops at one time?
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2021, 02:49 PM   #20
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Weren't there literally hundreds of highly incriminating Hunter Biden laptops at one time?
Don't remember how crazy Rudy's claims actually were.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2021, 02:50 PM   #21
dirtywick
Illuminator

Originally Posted by wasapi View Post
Perhaps it makes me a bad person, but oh-well. I am really enjoying this, and eagerly await the 'findings'! And, I agree with TM, I'll bet the place reeks; stress sweat, halitosis, garbage, urine - he seems to have issues with getting his pants on. Or off.
I think there’s a cathartic reaction in seeing people who openly abused public office to shield themselves from consequences of breaking the law for personal gain. Especially since it appeared, for a long time, they they would get away with it.
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2021, 02:51 PM   #22
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
Don't remember how crazy Rudy's claims actually were.
If you're Rudy, it's hard to remember stuff and keep your lies on track.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2021, 02:53 PM   #23
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

If you search for HP laptop on eBay you will find thousands!

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2021, 02:54 PM   #24
mumblethrax
Species traitor

Giuliani sold his soul to the devil in supporting Trump, and the devil has come around to collect....
The devil would be more likely to sell his soul to Giuliani. He's a malevolent authoritarian, and always was.

What he did do was sell his soul to a ******* moron, because he's a ******* moron. At least Giuliani had some competent people to protect him; Donald Trump had to rely on Rudy Giuliani.

Last edited by mumblethrax; 28th April 2021 at 02:55 PM.
mumblethrax is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2021, 03:45 PM   #25
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
Another Charlton Heston epic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7uE2-AyaeU
And I think perhaps his best epic.

ANd, in more good news from NYC, a guy who, on Jan 7th urged people to kill Democratic conggessmen in a Internet Rant got convicted of making death threats to public officials today. He could get up to ten years, more likely get a couple of years. But I am ok with that as long as an example is made.

Robert Heinlein.

Last edited by dudalb; 28th April 2021 at 03:48 PM.
Old 28th April 2021, 03:48 PM   #26
mumblethrax
Species traitor

And please, can we leave politics out of it?
You want to leave politics out of...politics?
mumblethrax is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2021, 03:50 PM   #27
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

If Rudy has incriminating evidence on his phone still, he's a bigger idiot than I thought. US Attorneys wanted to nail him a year ago but Barr prevented it.

The case has existed for a while. If he didn't purge everything including smashing his phone to bits he really is stupid.
Old 28th April 2021, 03:50 PM   #28
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

It's sad, in a way. I think the praise he got from 9/11 went to his head ,he became power hungry, and ended up as corrupt as one of the Mafia bosses he put into prison.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 28th April 2021, 04:02 PM   #29
Venom
Philosopher

Witch hunt by the Biden administration!
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2021, 04:03 PM   #30
Mumbles
Philosopher

It's sad, in a way. I think the praise he got from 9/11 went to his head ,he became power hungry, and ended up as corrupt as one of the Mafia bosses he put into prison.
Noooope he was always a piece of scum. Same dude that launched his 1994 Mayoral bid in the middle of a literal racist police riot. He was just lucky that 9/11 gave him an easy way to posture as "America's Mayor" despite placing the emergency response coordination team right in Building 7 which collapsed because it was an easy place for him to meet his mistress, think for a second about exactly how scummy that means he is. Con sider that when he said he should have a third term right afterwards, NYC still said "Hell no, go away". And then gave a third term to a similarly disgusting Michael Bloomberg.

If he ends up in prison I wouldn't be even slightly surprised, despite the fact that the system is weighted to let people like him go.

(also, man, this is the second time I've directly attacked your position in as many weeks. I think you're wrong on these two, but I still think you're cool, sorry...)
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2021, 04:15 PM   #31
mumblethrax
Species traitor

Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
Noooope he was always a piece of scum. Same dude that launched his 1994 Mayoral bid in the middle of a literal racist police riot. He was just lucky that 9/11 gave him an easy way to posture as "America's Mayor" despite placing the emergency response coordination team right in Building 7 which collapsed because it was an easy place for him to meet his mistress, think for a second about exactly how scummy that means he is. Con sider that when he said he should have a third term right afterwards, NYC still said "Hell no, go away". And then gave a third term to a similarly disgusting Michael Bloomberg.
Yes. Also in 1994 he gave his "freedom is submission to authority" speech. He's as close to a fascist as I've ever seen in American politics.

The idea that he underwent some serious change in character at some point in the last 20 years is only held by people who never paid attention to who he was as mayor.
Old 28th April 2021, 04:18 PM   #32
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

If he ends up in prison I wouldn't be even slightly surprised, despite the fact that the system is weighted to let people like him go.

(also, man, this is the second time I've directly attacked your position in as many weeks. I think you're wrong on these two, but I still think you're cool, sorry...)
I think dudalb's point is fairly or unfairly Rudy used to have a generally positive public opinion. He trashed that in a big way.
Old 28th April 2021, 06:47 PM   #33
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

And then gave a third term to a similarly disgusting Michael Bloomberg.
Bloomberg is certainly open to plenty of criticism, but he's nothing like Giuliani. And New Yorkers elected him to a third term; it's not like he stole it.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2021, 06:56 PM   #34
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

I used to show that to my 9th grade Spanish class every year.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2021, 07:01 PM   #35
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I'm kind of thinking that this isn't the sort of thing you do if you don't know what you're going to find. I have a hard time seeing an FBI office or USA undertaking this lightly.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2021, 07:18 PM   #36
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing

I have one myself, safely stashed in my Ark of the Covenant.
Old 28th April 2021, 07:47 PM   #37
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
I have one myself, safely stashed in my Ark of the Covenant.
Your Ark? Did you swipe it from a government warehouse?
Old 28th April 2021, 08:10 PM   #38
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

How Odd. I have one of Hunter's laptop too. I keep it in the closet with my collection of historic skulls. See, here's the skull of Napoleon. And right next to it is the skull of Napoleon as a child.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2021, 08:16 PM   #39
jnelso99
Muse

My Hunter Biden laptop is under one of the legs of our kitchen table to stop it wobbling.
jnelso99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2021, 09:22 PM   #40
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
Pendulum swinging the other way now with a new sheriff in town.

Slate reported just minutes ago.

On Wednesday afternoon [this afternoon], Giuliani tweeted that he would be appearing on his regularly scheduled radio program “for a live statement” at 3 p.m. on WABC radio. The radio network apparently pre-empted that program and aired another host and Giuliani subsequently deleted the tweet.
Apparently a real lawyer got to him and told him that public statements about investigations are a bad idea when you're on the other side of the table.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics