IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Andrew Giuliani , FBI investigations , Hunter Biden , rudy giuliani

Old 29th May 2021, 06:06 AM   #161
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
No. If it were I would have put it in quotes. I thought the "natural color of his sweat" would give the sarcasm away, but it being Giuliani, anything is possible.
See, there's no amount of sarcasm, hyperbole or parody that can not be mistaken for the real thing, anymore.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2021, 06:07 AM   #162
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
And you won't even know they are doing it!

Cate Blanshett was one the few good things about that Indy Jones Misfire.
Really? I thought it was the only role I've ever seen her in where she's actually bad. Cartoonishly so.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2021, 12:40 PM   #163
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
See, there's no amount of sarcasm, hyperbole or parody that can not be mistaken for the real thing, anymore.
Sadly, that is so true. Says a lot about our state of affairs, no?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2021, 02:23 PM   #164
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Some new Giuiani information...

Newly revealed audio from a 2019 phone call has shown how Rudy Giuliani pressured Ukrainian officials to investigate baseless allegations about Joe Biden

Not necessarily anything new about his activities, but I think this is the first time we actually heard recordings (in Giuliani's own voice)

U.S. District Judge J. Paul Oetken on Wednesday appointed former federal Judge Barbara Jones as a "special master" to review materials seized by the FBI from Rudy Giuliani's New York City apartments...

Nothing surprising... we already knew the judge was going to appoint somebody to review evidence to make sure it didn't violate lawyer-client privilege, but it shows progress in the case.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2021, 02:29 PM   #165
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by wareyin View Post
It's May 24th, and I don't see anything about Trump having responded. I wonder if he did respond and it's not in the news yet, or if he's just going to ignore this one.
Well, there is a danger in not defending a Lawsuit.... you run a high risk of the judge making a default ruling against you.
► Evolution is "survival of the fittest" - the fittest being those who are stronger, healthier and better adapted. Covid-19 has changed that. The fittest are now the well informed, logical, science believers who listen to the experts and get vaccinated.
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th June 2021, 09:41 AM   #166
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Oh no! One of the finest legal minds is silenced!

Rudy Giuliani...has been suspended from practicing law in New York state....a New York appellate court concluded that "there is uncontroverted evidence" that Giuliani "communicated demonstrably false and misleading statements to courts, lawmakers and the public at large

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th June 2021, 10:26 AM   #167
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
Oh no! One of the finest legal minds is silenced!

Rudy Giuliani...has been suspended from practicing law in New York state....a New York appellate court concluded that "there is uncontroverted evidence" that Giuliani "communicated demonstrably false and misleading statements to courts, lawmakers and the public at large
Sadly, not silenced. He just can't practice law in NY but he can still run his mouth.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2021, 10:47 PM   #168
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

DC has now also suspended his Law licence.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-washington-dc

I see disbarment as the eventual outcome
► Evolution is "survival of the fittest" - the fittest being those who are stronger, healthier and better adapted. Covid-19 has changed that. The fittest are now the well informed, logical, science believers who listen to the experts and get vaccinated.
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2021, 02:57 PM   #169
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Giuliani's personal defense...

“I committed no crime,” the former New York mayor told NBC...“And if you think I did commit a crime, you’re probably really stupid because you don’t know who I am.”....He also said he was “more than willing to go to jail if they want to put me in jail. And if they do, they’re going to suffer the consequences in heaven, I’m not. I didn’t do anything wrong.” Asked why he was willing to go to jail if he was innocent, Giuliani said: “Because they lie. And they cheat.”

In other words, if he goes to jail, he's some sort of holy christian martyr.

We are Groot - Groot
Old 3rd August 2021, 03:06 PM   #170
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Quote:
And if they do, they’re going to suffer the consequences in heaven . . .
Unclear on the concept.

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2021, 03:09 PM   #171
slyjoe
Master Poster

I committed no crime,” the former New York mayor told NBC...“And if you think I did commit a crime, you’re probably really stupid because you don’t know who I am.”....He also said he was “more than willing to go to jail if they want to put me in jail. And if they do, they’re going to suffer the consequences in heaven, I’m not. I didn’t do anything wrong.” Asked why he was willing to go to jail if he was innocent, Giuliani said: “Because they lie. And they cheat.”

Anyone else have Queen flash through their brain when they read this?
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2021, 03:17 PM   #172
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

“I committed no crime,” the former New York mayor told NBC...“And if you think I did commit a crime, you’re probably really stupid because you don’t know who I am.”....He also said he was “more than willing to go to jail if they want to put me in jail. And if they do, they’re going to suffer the consequences in heaven, I’m not. I didn’t do anything wrong.” Asked why he was willing to go to jail if he was innocent, Giuliani said: “Because they lie. And they cheat.”

Oh Rudy, of course we know who you are. You have spent the most part of the last three years showing the world EXACTLY who you are!!
Old 3rd August 2021, 04:07 PM   #173
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
Anyone else have Queen flash through their brain when they read this?
Why yes, and I was just listening to We Are the Champions last night. I was watching a James Corden carpool episode with Gwen Stephani yesterday and they sang that song which then caused me to go watch 3 different versions of Freddie Mercury and Queen because I'm obsessed with Freddie Mercury.

Sorry.... carry on.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2021, 06:20 PM   #174
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Why yes, and I was just listening to We Are the Champions last night. I was watching a James Corden carpool episode with Gwen Stephani yesterday and they sang that song which then caused me to go watch 3 different versions of Freddie Mercury and Queen because I'm obsessed with Freddie Mercury.

Sorry.... carry on.
I took a pic of my daughter in front of the Freddie Mercury statue in Montreux, Switzerland.

Old 3rd August 2021, 09:38 PM   #175
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

I took a pic of my daughter in front of the Freddie Mercury statue in Montreux, Switzerland.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...9eb4840626.jpg
Super cool!
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2021, 05:49 PM   #176
mgidm86
Philosopher

What a nutjob. And I thought people went to heaven to relax, not suffer. Great answer, Rudy!
Old 4th August 2021, 06:30 PM   #177
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
What a nutjob. And I thought people went to heaven to relax, not suffer. Great answer, Rudy!
No wonder he stopped arguing cases in court!
Old 4th August 2021, 07:46 PM   #178
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
Yeah...

Rudy - "they’re going to suffer the consequences in heaven,"

Really Rudy? You don't know your bible very well old chap... Heaven is not the place the bible alleges you will go to suffer consequences!
Old 11th August 2021, 11:46 AM   #179
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Well, I guess he has to earn money to pay for his Dominion law suit somehow...

Internet users, should they be inspired to do so, can now buy customized video messages from Giuliani, who has joined Cameo...The price? That starts at $199.

The man who was once billed as "America's Mayor". Who was once thought of as a presidential contender. Who once took on the mob. Is now begging people to pay for videos.

We are Groot - Groot
Old 11th August 2021, 12:09 PM   #180
Armitage72
Philosopher

If the price weren't so high, and the money going to a despicable person, something like a video of him performing "I'm a Little Teapot" might be amusing.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2021, 01:55 PM   #181
Joe Random
Master Poster

Internet users, should they be inspired to do so, can now buy customized video messages from Giuliani, who has joined Cameo...The price? That starts at $199.

The man who was once billed as "America's Mayor". Who was once thought of as a presidential contender. Who once took on the mob. Is now begging people to pay for videos.

How much longer before he tries his luck with OnlyFans ? I mean just by law of large numbers the Crypt Keeper with shoe-polish hair coloring has to be someone's fetish.
Joe Random is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2021, 02:38 PM   #182
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

I bet Mike Lindell would hire him to pitch his My Pillow crap on TV.

And if you call now, we'll upgrade you order to the new, deluxe anti-stain 'Rudy' pillow! No more of those unsightly dark stains left by cheap hair dye or mascara!
Old 11th August 2021, 05:25 PM   #183
ZiprHead
Critical Thinker

I hope he doesn't move up to "Only Fans".

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we can't satisfy the rich.

Last edited by ZiprHead; 11th August 2021 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Ninja'd
ZiprHead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2021, 05:34 PM   #184
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

I'm put in mind of a Monty Pythonesque skit where a man slaps and punches himself. If Rudy G is willing to sink that low do that, I'm sure MANY people would gladly pay and pay top dollar, too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Go Rudy go.jpg (39.1 KB, 6 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2021, 10:01 PM   #185
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

I bet Mike Lindell would hire him to pitch his My Pillow crap on TV.

And if you call now, we'll upgrade you order to the new, deluxe anti-stain 'Rudy' pillow! No more of those unsightly dark stains left by cheap hair dye or mascara!
....but wait... there's more. No only will you get the new, deluxe anti-stain 'Rudy' pillow, but call before midnight tonight, and you'll also get a free, no obligations quote to remodel your front yard from Four Season's Total Landscaping, as well a credit for the first $100 you spend there. We'll even give you a extra, free, $50 voucher for Fantasy Island, the sex shop and adult book store right next door.
Old 13th August 2021, 10:58 AM   #186
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
Quote:
Internet users, should they be inspired to do so, can now buy customized video messages from Giuliani, who has joined Cameo...
If the price weren't so high, and the money going to a despicable person, something like a video of him performing "I'm a Little Teapot" might be amusing.
Ok, not quite him doing "I'm a little teapot". But, "Legal Eagle" Devin Stone (who runs a youtube channel where he talks about various legal issues) actually paid for one of Giuliani's messages...

As the "legal eagle" points out... Giuliani really should have actually investigated the Legal Eagle channel before recording his message, since the channel regularly criticized Trump and his associates.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

We are Groot - Groot
Old 13th August 2021, 06:56 PM   #187
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Ok, not quite him doing "I'm a little teapot". But, "Legal Eagle" Devin Stone (who runs a youtube channel where he talks about various legal issues) actually paid for one of Giuliani's messages...

As the "legal eagle" points out... Giuliani really should have actually investigated the Legal Eagle channel before recording his message, since the channel regularly criticized Trump and his associates.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
If anything, that is really, really sad. For someone, once famous, to sink so low as to prostitute himself in such a way for a couple of hundred dollars.
Old 13th August 2021, 06:57 PM   #188
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
If anything, that is really, really sad. For someone, once famous, to sink so low as to prostitute himself in such a way for a couple of hundred dollars.
He did it to himself. It's all self-inflicted. I have no sympathy for him.
Old 13th August 2021, 07:01 PM   #189
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

He did it to himself. It's all self-inflicted. I have no sympathy for him.
I don't disagree with you. But it is sad just the same.
Old 13th August 2021, 07:19 PM   #190
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Giuliani needs the money. The lawyers trying to keep him out of jail and with a few dollars in his pocket must cost a pretty penny.

He like Lindell and Powell should all lose the Dominion defamation suit. But his big worry is remaining free. I think he's going down hard.
Old 15th August 2021, 04:49 AM   #191
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

There are quite a few well known celebs in the UK that do it.
They aren't doing it to make money, the cost is between £20 and £30 they do it because it makes their fans happy to have personal message and doesn't take much time or effort.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2021, 04:54 AM   #192
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
....but wait... there's more. No only will you get the new, deluxe anti-stain 'Rudy' pillow, but call before midnight tonight, and you'll also get a free, no obligations quote to remodel your front yard from Four Season's Total Landscaping, as well a credit for the first $100 you spend there. We'll even give you a extra, free, $50 voucher for Fantasy Island, the sex shop and adult book store right next door.
But only if you order in the next 23 minutes.

Old 15th August 2021, 04:57 AM   #193
dirtywick
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
They aren't doing it to make money, the cost is between £20 and £30 they do it because it makes their fans happy to have personal message and doesn't take much time or effort.
A better question is why is Giuliani doing it, because I don't think it's to make his fans happy.
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2021, 09:21 AM   #194
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
I can understand the "I'm doing it for my fans," motivation. But to allow your "image" to be used by a second party for their own purposes without effective restriction does not appear to be a brilliant idea.

And, I think that Giuliani may very well be doing this for money. He did not appear to be very careful in who he endorsed.
Old 15th August 2021, 10:39 AM   #195
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

I can understand the "I'm doing it for my fans," motivation. But to allow your "image" to be used by a second party for their own purposes without effective restriction does not appear to be a brilliant idea.

And, I think that Giuliani may very well be doing this for money. He did not appear to be very careful in who he endorsed.
On that note. Check out this video from the Legal Eagle who has trashed Trump, Giuliani, Powell, etc.

I AGREE
Old 15th August 2021, 06:43 PM   #196
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

It's usually a short 'happy birthday Aunt Edna' type thing.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2021, 02:13 AM   #197
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
On that note. Check out this video from the Legal Eagle who has trashed Trump, Giuliani, Powell, etc.

I AGREE
The link doesn't work, for me at least, but this one does.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2021, 02:50 AM   #198
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

The Legal Eagle Youtube link had already been posted Friday afternoon by Segnosaur in post #186.
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2021, 08:28 AM   #199
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

A few new developments, sort of Giuliani-adjacent:

Remember how Giuliani was having trouble with his cash-flow, and nobody (not even Trump) was helping? Well, it seems the GOP does have at least some cash to throw around.

The Republican National Committee paid $20,000 last month to DiGenova & Toensing LLP, a law firm helmed by two longtime GOP insiders who are married to each other: Joe DiGenova and Victoria Toensing....Toensing, a former top DOJ official herself, was the subject of a search warrant this April when federal agents seized her phone in a raid at her D.C. home. An earlier “covert warrant” reportedly scooped up other communications via iCloud accounts belonging to Giuliani and Toensing.....Toensing and DiGenova have also played a part in Giuliani’s post-election court challenges, and they were central to the efforts to entice Ukraine to open an investigation into Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden.

Nothing suspicious. Nothing to see here. Move along.

A man (Igor Furman) who helped Rudy Giuliani try to unearth damaging information about Joe Biden in Ukraine is expected to plead guilty in a case alleging illegal campaign contributions...

Not sure if his plea agreement involves him cooperating in the case against Giuliani.

And finally we have this:

Rudy Giuliani was blasted on social media after Donald Trump’s former personal lawyer was seen shaving as he ate at an airport restaurant.

Guess it could have been worse... he could have been putting in his discount-brand hair dye while eating dinner.

We are Groot - Groot
Old 24th August 2021, 10:59 AM   #200
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Thanks for the update!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics