IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Andrew Giuliani , FBI investigations , Hunter Biden , rudy giuliani

Reply
Old 24th August 2021, 11:59 AM   #201
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 18,082
Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
From: The Guardian
Internet users, should they be inspired to do so, can now buy customized video messages from Giuliani, who has joined Cameo...
Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
From: The Independent
Rudy Giuliani was blasted on social media after Donald Trump’s former personal lawyer was seen shaving as he ate at an airport restaurant.
Plot twist: The video of Giuliani shaving was actually a Cameo video done on behalf of a client!
__________________
Trust me, I know what I'm doing. - Sledgehammer

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2021, 12:10 PM   #202
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 21,470
Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
Plot twist: The video of Giuliani shaving was actually a Cameo video done on behalf of a client!
That man will do anything for money.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2021, 12:12 PM   #203
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 18,082
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Quote:
Plot twist: The video of Giuliani shaving was actually a Cameo video done on behalf of a client!
That man will do anything for money.
I assume you know that I was kidding about that plot twist. (Not that I disagree about the willingness of Giuliani to do anything for money.)
__________________
Trust me, I know what I'm doing. - Sledgehammer

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2021, 12:17 PM   #204
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 21,470
Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
I assume you know that I was kidding about that plot twist. (Not that I disagree about the willingness of Giuliani to do anything for money.)
No, I didn't know that...Poe's Law and all.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2021, 05:58 PM   #205
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 18,945
Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
Plot twist: The video of Giuliani shaving was actually a Cameo video done on behalf of a client!

Plot twist2: So was the video of him putting his hand down his pants... but that's another story
__________________
► Evolution is "survival of the fittest" - the fittest being those who are stronger, healthier and better adapted. Covid-19 has changed that. The fittest are now the well informed, logical, science believers who listen to the experts and get vaccinated.
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2021, 12:47 AM   #206
Susheel
Master Poster
 
Susheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hyderabad, India
Posts: 2,281
Just heard that the second of Giuliani's two Ukrainian contacts just changed his plea to "guilty". Wonder how this will impact the investigations.
__________________
I've got to get to a library...fast Robert Langdon
Susheel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2021, 01:02 AM   #207
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 15,676
I don't see the Fruman plea as bad news for Rudy, directly: Fruman is just realizing that no one is coming to his rescue, so a plea is the only chance at a reduced sentence.

Of course, Fruman being sentenced for a crime Guiliani was part of is bad news for the Trump lawyer, but if there is enough evidence to convict Igor, it's enough for Rudy.
__________________
“You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.”
-Anne Lamott
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2021, 01:20 AM   #208
gypsyjackson
Graduate Poster
 
gypsyjackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 1,375
Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
From: The Independent
Rudy Giuliani was blasted on social media after Donald Trump’s former personal lawyer was seen shaving as he ate at an airport restaurant.

Guess it could have been worse... he could have been putting in his discount-brand hair dye while eating dinner.
Four Seasons Total Manscaping?
gypsyjackson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2021, 04:11 AM   #209
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 18,945
Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
I don't see the Fruman plea as bad news for Rudy, directly: Fruman is just realizing that no one is coming to his rescue, so a plea is the only chance at a reduced sentence.

Of course, Fruman being sentenced for a crime Guiliani was part of is bad news for the Trump lawyer, but if there is enough evidence to convict Igor, it's enough for Rudy.
In any case, Lev will already have given the Feds everything that Igor could have. You know the old saying from cop-world... first one to talk gets the deal!
__________________
► Evolution is "survival of the fittest" - the fittest being those who are stronger, healthier and better adapted. Covid-19 has changed that. The fittest are now the well informed, logical, science believers who listen to the experts and get vaccinated.
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2021, 04:17 AM   #210
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing
 
newyorkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 11,799
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
...You know the old saying from cop-world...
Another old cop saying (from Baretta) that seems apropos to Rudy Giuliani:
Quote:
If you can't do the time...don't do the crime.

As Baretta also used to say: "And that's the name of that tune."

newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2021, 07:02 AM   #211
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 18,082
Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
I don't see the Fruman plea as bad news for Rudy, directly: Fruman is just realizing that no one is coming to his rescue, so a plea is the only chance at a reduced sentence.

Of course, Fruman being sentenced for a crime Guiliani was part of is bad news for the Trump lawyer, but if there is enough evidence to convict Igor, it's enough for Rudy.
Well, we don't know what the results would have been had the case against Furman went to court. Maybe there was a good chance (like maybe 50/50) that he would have walked, but just decided not to risk it.

And whether it hurts Giuliani depends on if their is a plea deal with Furman requiring cooperation. Even if the evidence against Discount-Nosferatu is strong, more evidence is always better. (And, I keep hearing it said that the reason DA wants Weisselberg to flip is because even if you have evidence, having a human who was involve explain things can be useful in making a case. The same may apply here.... the DA may have enough forensics to convict, but to get the jury to agree, having an insider like Furman to walk them through the crimes and put evidence in context can be more convincing than just "Here's some emails and financial records".)
__________________
Trust me, I know what I'm doing. - Sledgehammer

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2021, 07:35 AM   #212
slyjoe
Master Poster
 
slyjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Near Harmonica Virgins, AZ
Posts: 2,785
Wink

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
Well, we don't know what the results would have been had the case against Furman went to court. Maybe there was a good chance (like maybe 50/50) that he would have walked, but just decided not to risk it.

And whether it hurts Giuliani depends on if their is a plea deal with Furman requiring cooperation. Even if the evidence against Discount-Nosferatu is strong, more evidence is always better. (And, I keep hearing it said that the reason DA wants Weisselberg to flip is because even if you have evidence, having a human who was involve explain things can be useful in making a case. The same may apply here.... the DA may have enough forensics to convict, but to get the jury to agree, having an insider like Furman to walk them through the crimes and put evidence in context can be more convincing than just "Here's some emails and financial records".)
Please don't take us back to the O.J. trial.
__________________
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2021, 08:01 AM   #213
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 18,082
Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
Quote:
Well, we don't know what the results would have been had the case against Furman went to court. Maybe there was a good chance (like maybe 50/50) that he would have walked, but just decided not to risk it.
Please don't take us back to the O.J. trial.
If the hair-dye don't fit, you must acquit.

If the dye don't run, Giuliani can continue to have fun.
__________________
Trust me, I know what I'm doing. - Sledgehammer

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2021, 08:04 AM   #214
slyjoe
Master Poster
 
slyjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Near Harmonica Virgins, AZ
Posts: 2,785
Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
If the hair-dye don't fit, you must acquit.

If the dye don't run, Giuliani can continue to have fun.
HAH!

__________________
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2021, 05:13 AM   #215
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 18,945
Trumps Lawyers are TOAST

In a scorching 110-page ruling, Michigan Federal Judge for the Eastern District of Michigan, Judge Linda Parker, has sanctioned the attorneys who sued Michigan Election Officials, alleging that widespread fraud denied former President Donald Trump the election there. She says they presented claims without evidence and abused the judicial system. She has referred them to their home state bar associations for sanctions, and for some that could mean disbarment.

The lawyers to be sanctioned are Sydney Powell, Lynn Wood, Emily Newman, Julia Heller, Brandon Johnson, Scott Hagerstrom, Howard Kleinhendler, Gregory Roll and Stephanie Lynn-Gentilla

This is what the State of Michigan told the court...
"Plaintiffs filed this litigation for an improper purpose. It was never about winning on the merits of the claims but rather, Plaintiff's purpose was to
undermine the integrity of the election results, and the people's trust in the
electoral process, and in government, the filing of litigation for that purpose is clearly an abuse of the judicial process, and it warrants the imposition of
sanctions."


So, was the judge's response and decision scorching? You bet it was - she ripped them a new one. Here is an extract from that decision...

Opinion and Order
This lawsuit represents a historic and profound abuse of the judicial process. The question now before the court is whether Plaintiff's attorneys engaged in litigation practices that are abusive and in turn sanctionable. The short answer is yes.

Individuals may have a right within certain bounds to disseminate allegations of fraud that are unsupported by law or fact in the public sphere but attorneys cannot exploit their privilege and access to the judicial process to do the same, and when an attorney has done so, sanctions are in order.

Attorneys have an obligation to the judiciary, to their profession and to the public to conduct some degree of due diligence before presenting allegations as truth. They have an obligation to advance only tenable claims. The attorneys who filed this lawsuit abused the well-established rules applicable to the litigation process by proffering claims not backed by law, proffering claims not backed by evidence, but instead, speculation conjecture [and] unwarranted suspicion. They've proffered factual allegations and claims without engaging in the required pre-filing inquiry and they dragged out these proceedings even after they acknowledged that it was too late to attain the relief sought.

This case was never about fraud it was about undermining the people's faith in our democracy and debasing the judicial process to do so. Plaintiff's ultimate goal was the decertification of Michigan's Presidential Election results and the certification of the losing candidate as the winner this lawsuit was not about vindicating rights in the wake of alleged election fraud. Instead it was about ensuring that a preferred political candidate remained in the Presidential seat despite the decision of the nation's voters to unseat him.

Plaintiff's council advanced this lawsuit for an improper purpose and will be held to account for their actions. Despite the haze of confusion commotion
and chaos counsel intentionally attempted to create by filing this lawsuit, one thing is perfectly clear. Plaintiff's attorneys have scorned their oath, flouted the rules and attempted to undermine the integrity of the judiciary along the way. As such this court is duty-bound to grant the motion for sanctions.

Now that is what I call and thorough bollocking.
.
.
.
__________________
► Evolution is "survival of the fittest" - the fittest being those who are stronger, healthier and better adapted. Covid-19 has changed that. The fittest are now the well informed, logical, science believers who listen to the experts and get vaccinated.
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2021, 05:46 AM   #216
eerok
Quixoticist
 
eerok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: ON Canada
Posts: 4,064
That's the result I was hoping for. Anything less would've been a travesty.
__________________
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." - Oscar Wilde
eerok is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2021, 07:15 PM   #217
carlitos
"más divertido"
 
carlitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA! USA!
Posts: 23,426
Federal investigators search Giuliani apartment: reports

Rats jumping ship but this one is outstanding.

Quote:
Washington (CNN)

Rudy Giuliani's communications director has resigned from her position, ending a nearly two-year stint as the former New York City mayor faces mounting legal problems.

Christianné Allen, who has worked at Giuliani Communication LLC since December 2019, said in a statement Monday that she is "proud of the accomplishments we achieved" and touted her role in launching Giuliani's podcast. Allen said she is leaving to join an unnamed "rising tech startup."
Just to reiterate: Rudy Giuliani's communications director said that she is "proud of the accomplishments we achieved" — this is a direct quote, presumably from a communications professional.

I am a grammar nazi but wow.

If I were a cynic and/or sexist, I’d think that she might have been hired for other reasons.

https://images.app.goo.gl/BJrnW5HChEq8oWLr9

Last edited by carlitos; 30th August 2021 at 07:21 PM.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2021, 07:24 PM   #218
Susheel
Master Poster
 
Susheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hyderabad, India
Posts: 2,281
How much do you want to bet that the CV folder she submitted carried just that pic and nothing else?
__________________
I've got to get to a library...fast Robert Langdon
Susheel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2021, 07:25 PM   #219
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 18,945
Quote:
Christianné Allen, who has worked at Giuliani Communication LLC since December 2019, said in a statement Monday that she is "proud of the accomplishments we achieved" and touted her role in launching Giuliani's podcast. Allen said she is leaving to join an unnamed "rising tech startup."

Translation:
Christianné Allen, who has worked at Giuliani Communication LLC since December 2019, said in a statement Monday that she is "glad to be out of this dead-end job" and touted her role in launching Giuliani's podcast. Allen said she is leaving to "get the **** out of here before the Feds come after me".
__________________
► Evolution is "survival of the fittest" - the fittest being those who are stronger, healthier and better adapted. Covid-19 has changed that. The fittest are now the well informed, logical, science believers who listen to the experts and get vaccinated.
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2021, 07:27 PM   #220
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 18,945
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
If I were a cynic and/or sexist, I’d think that she might have been hired for other reasons.

https://images.app.goo.gl/BJrnW5HChEq8oWLr9
A Four Seasons Total Babe! Do you think Rudy has been putting his hand down the front of his pants again?
__________________
► Evolution is "survival of the fittest" - the fittest being those who are stronger, healthier and better adapted. Covid-19 has changed that. The fittest are now the well informed, logical, science believers who listen to the experts and get vaccinated.
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2021, 07:33 PM   #221
Susheel
Master Poster
 
Susheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hyderabad, India
Posts: 2,281
Oh...I don't think it is sexist to claim that. If she knows that there are penis brains who will appoint her solely for her "babeness " and exploit that...hey....more power to her.
__________________
I've got to get to a library...fast Robert Langdon
Susheel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2021, 12:01 AM   #222
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 21,470
Now, now... why so cynical? After all, her educational credentials and experience in communications are quite impressive. She managed to graduate high school and can talk at the same time as she's shooting off a few hundred rounds of ammo. Not every Giuliani 'employee' can say that.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2021, 12:41 AM   #223
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 18,945
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Now, now... why so cynical? After all, her educational credentials and experience in communications are quite impressive. She managed to graduate high school and can talk at the same time as she's shooting off a few hundred rounds of ammo. Not every Giuliani 'employee' can say that.


Sometimes Stacy, your razor wit just floors me.
__________________
► Evolution is "survival of the fittest" - the fittest being those who are stronger, healthier and better adapted. Covid-19 has changed that. The fittest are now the well informed, logical, science believers who listen to the experts and get vaccinated.
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2021, 01:10 AM   #224
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 21,470
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post


Sometimes Stacy, your razor wit just floors me.


I can only aspire to be at the same level as some others here like TragicMonkey.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2021, 03:41 AM   #225
W.D.Clinger
Illuminator
 
W.D.Clinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,944
Laugh all you want, but don't underestimate the value of ambition unconstrained by honesty.
W.D.Clinger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2021, 07:25 AM   #226
carlitos
"más divertido"
 
carlitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA! USA!
Posts: 23,426
That politico article was amazing. Thank you.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2021, 07:28 AM   #227
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 18,082
Oops. wrong thread.
__________________
Trust me, I know what I'm doing. - Sledgehammer

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot

Last edited by Segnosaur; 31st August 2021 at 08:06 AM.
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2021, 12:53 PM   #228
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 21,470
Originally Posted by W.D.Clinger View Post
Laugh all you want, but don't underestimate the value of ambition unconstrained by honesty.
From your link:

Quote:
She did not elaborate further, but Allen’s Twitter bio, LinkedIn, and old personal website list an array of suitable credentials: representative of the Trump Victory Finance Committee, the official joint fundraising committee for the re-election campaign; and video columnist for the Daily Caller. Spokeswoman for Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign. Executive director of the Middle Eastern Women’s Coalition.

According to representatives of these entities, these titles are embroidered at best, and completely untrue at the most. She is, however, an “ambassador” for both Turning Point USA and Liberty University’s Falkirk Center, titles she gained this year. And there’s no question she enjoys Giuliani’s confidence.
Quote:
A 16-year-old from Midlothian, Virginia, she volunteered to help Trump’s campaign as an intern.

“She got the gig because she went around telling everybody that she was George Allen’s niece,” said a former Trump Virginia campaign official, referring to the former Virginia governor and senator.

The official discovered later that this was completely untrue. “I would introduce her to other people as George Allen’s niece, and then I guess she got in front of someone who was actually related to George Allen and she corrected herself then.” Two other former campaign officials corroborated that she made these claims or played along.
So she's just another lying POS grifter. Fits right in!
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2021, 01:23 PM   #229
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 18,945
Originally Posted by W.D.Clinger View Post
Laugh all you want, but don't underestimate the value of ambition unconstrained by honesty.
I think your post is missing a smiley face!

(Have you read your link?)


ETA: Ninja'd by StacyHS
__________________
► Evolution is "survival of the fittest" - the fittest being those who are stronger, healthier and better adapted. Covid-19 has changed that. The fittest are now the well informed, logical, science believers who listen to the experts and get vaccinated.
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!

Last edited by smartcooky; 31st August 2021 at 01:25 PM.
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2021, 02:41 PM   #230
carlitos
"más divertido"
 
carlitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA! USA!
Posts: 23,426
Wrong Giuliani, but ... I'm now picturing a 4-year-old Andrew Giuliani employing a 16 year old campaign chief at the start his five decades of public service.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2021, 06:08 PM   #231
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing
 
Trebuchet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Port Townsend, Washington
Posts: 32,376
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
From your link:




So she's just another lying POS grifter. Fits right in!
Lying about her age as well, based on her appearance. No way she's over 16!
__________________
Cum catapultae proscribeantur tum soli proscripti catapultas habeant.
Trebuchet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2021, 06:44 PM   #232
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 21,470
Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Lying about her age as well, based on her appearance. No way she's over 16!
Nah, she's 20. When I was doing my student teaching at age 24 at a middle school, I was told more than once by teachers that I couldn't use the staff only bathroom or eat lunch in the staff room. I also had a ninth grader hit on me until one of the kids said, "Dude, that's my teacher." My daughter also looks remarkably younger than her almost 28 years; she gets mistaken for a high school kid all the time. She's even been accused of having a fake ID.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2021, 07:18 PM   #233
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 18,082
Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Lying about her age as well, based on her appearance. No way she's over 16!
Why, was Matt Gaetz hitting on her?

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk
__________________
Trust me, I know what I'm doing. - Sledgehammer

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2021, 12:47 PM   #234
W.D.Clinger
Illuminator
 
W.D.Clinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,944
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
I think your post is missing a smiley face!

(Have you read your link?)
Of course. As a clue to its content, I wrote "ambition unfettered by honesty".
W.D.Clinger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2021, 08:20 PM   #235
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing
 
tyr_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 16,668
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Nah, she's 20. When I was doing my student teaching at age 24 at a middle school, I was told more than once by teachers that I couldn't use the staff only bathroom or eat lunch in the staff room. I also had a ninth grader hit on me until one of the kids said, "Dude, that's my teacher." My daughter also looks remarkably younger than her almost 28 years; she gets mistaken for a high school kid all the time. She's even been accused of having a fake ID.
When I was fifteen, I was six foot tall, 270 lbs, a full beard, and was constantly mistaken for being in my mid thirties. I would consistently be offered the drink menu.

By the time I was 20, everyone thought I was in my early to mid twenties.

People would keep thinking I was in my early to mid twenties for the next twenty years.
__________________
Circled nothing is still nothing.
"Nothing will stop the U.S. from being a world leader, not even a handful of adults who want their kids to take science lessons from a book that mentions unicorns six times." -UNLoVedRebel
Mumpsimus: a stubborn person who insists on making an error in spite of being shown that it is wrong
tyr_13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2021, 12:48 AM   #236
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 21,470
Originally Posted by tyr_13 View Post
When I was fifteen, I was six foot tall, 270 lbs, a full beard, and was constantly mistaken for being in my mid thirties. I would consistently be offered the drink menu.

By the time I was 20, everyone thought I was in my early to mid twenties.

People would keep thinking I was in my early to mid twenties for the next twenty years.
When my sister was a captain in the USAF they refused to sell her a beer at a baseball game and accused her of having a fake military ID.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2021, 10:01 AM   #237
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,765
Giuliani associate Igor Fruman pleads guilty to solicitation of a contribution by a foreign national

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/10/polit...lea/index.html
__________________
"When enough people make false promises, words stop meaning anything. Then there are no more answers, only better and better lies." - Jon Snow

"Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid." - Valery Legasov
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2021, 10:05 AM   #238
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 10,004
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Giuliani associate Igor Fruman pleads guilty to solicitation of a contribution by a foreign national

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/10/polit...lea/index.html
I kind of feel like this is bad news. If Igor had anything good on Rudy "the Ghoul" Guiliani they wouldn't have let him plead now. They would wait until his testimony was used if Rudy were arrested and put on trial.
__________________
"Circumcision and death threats go together like milk and cookies." - William Parcher

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2021, 02:15 PM   #239
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 18,082
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Quote:
Giuliani associate Igor Fruman pleads guilty to solicitation of a contribution by a foreign national
I kind of feel like this is bad news. If Igor had anything good on Rudy "the Ghoul" Guiliani they wouldn't have let him plead now. They would wait until his testimony was used if Rudy were arrested and put on trial.
I'm not sure if there is any reason to be worried.

After all, Michael Flynn plead guilty, yet the terms of his plea agreement was that he continue cooperating with the prosecution. (And after he broke that agreement they rescinded the plea agreement.)

It makes sense that it would work that way, since the defendant needs at least some sort of assurance that he won't cooperate and then get charged with everything under the sun.
__________________
Trust me, I know what I'm doing. - Sledgehammer

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2021, 02:18 PM   #240
slyjoe
Master Poster
 
slyjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Near Harmonica Virgins, AZ
Posts: 2,785
I thought I read that the plea agreement does not require cooperation of Fruman. For some reason, they don't need it or he doesn't have information.
__________________
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:39 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.