IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 12th June 2021, 07:30 AM   #161
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by Lurch View Post

And Drumpf, Sessions and Barr should have a lot of explaining to do before Congress, as a start.
Hmmm. It should be interesting to see what Congress does when President Chucklehead ignores their subpoenas.

………….
“ I’m writing like crazy,” Trump said in a statement released through his leadership PAC, “and when the time comes, you’ll see the book of all books.”

Trump never writes his own books, but if he did put pen to paper I’m pretty sure there’d be no better description than “writing like crazy.”
Old 12th June 2021, 12:09 PM   #162
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
Just like when Time asked him to be Man of the Year and he turned them down.
And when the Nobel Committee asked him to be their Peace Prize recipient. Trump is known for his humility.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2021, 12:11 PM   #163
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
Hmmm. It should be interesting to see what Congress does when President Chucklehead ignores their subpoenas.

………….
“ I’m writing like crazy,” Trump said in a statement released through his leadership PAC, “and when the time comes, you’ll see the book of all books.”

Trump never writes his own books, but if he did put pen to paper I’m pretty sure there’d be no better description than “writing like crazy.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2021, 12:34 PM   #164
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
And when the Nobel Committee asked him to be their Peace Prize recipient. Trump is known for his humility.
Wasn't that the Noble prize?
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2021, 04:27 PM   #165
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
Trump never writes his own books, but if he did put pen to paper I’m pretty sure there’d be no better description than “writing like crazy.”

"Like"?
Old 13th June 2021, 02:51 PM   #166
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Looks like Trump went after records on McGahn, too.

Quote:
Weeks before his records were subpoenaed, McGahn had reportedly fallen out of favor with Trump for refusing to instruct DOJ officials to fire then-special prosecutor Robert Mueller ...
Old 13th June 2021, 03:45 PM   #167
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Aridas View Post
It should be fairly simple for the news media to get to the bottom of who actually ordered these subpoenas and yet no news reports are addressing that little detail yet. Rosenstein and Barr have supposedly denied knowing anything about it.

Watch Barr lie to Harris under oath earlier about Dump ordering his enemies investigated:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

What a corrupt POS Barr is. I imagine he fled the scene when Dump's orders to overturn the election got to be too much even for Barr.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2021, 03:49 PM   #168
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Aridas View Post
Too bad this didn't come out before Trump's election defeat. He could have been the not once, not twice, but three times impeached defeated president. The Republicans could have been hypocrites once again declaring what he did wasn't as bad as what Nixon did. You know, that was going to get him impeached (if he hadn't resigned because even the Republicans were not going to back him up).
Old 13th June 2021, 08:57 PM   #169
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Too bad this didn't come out before Trump's election defeat. He could have been the not once, not twice, but three times impeached defeated president. The Republicans could have been hypocrites once again declaring what he did wasn't as bad as what Nixon did. You know, that was going to get him impeached (if he hadn't resigned because even the Republicans were not going to back him up).

Yes. The Nixon years actually represent the Golden Age of Republican integrity.
Old 13th June 2021, 09:55 PM   #170
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
It should be fairly simple for the news media to get to the bottom of who actually ordered these subpoenas and yet no news reports are addressing that little detail yet. Rosenstein and Barr have supposedly denied knowing anything about it.
What magical powers do you think "the news media" have? They can only report what their sources tell them. If anybody in the Justice Dept. wanted people to know about this, they would have been calling reporters when it happened. How much do you think there is to know about everything that happened in the Trump White House? But nobody's dropping dimes -- yet.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2021, 10:12 PM   #171
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
What magical powers do you think "the news media" have? They can only report what their sources tell them. If anybody in the Justice Dept. wanted people to know about this, they would have been calling reporters when it happened. How much do you think there is to know about everything that happened in the Trump White House? But nobody's dropping dimes -- yet.
They don't need magic. They just need to do reasonable investigative reporting. They know about the subpoenas. The process required someone initiate it. Rosenstein and Barr claim to know nothing about it. So ask them who does. And if they still lie and say they don't know ask them which department or whomever would know.

The idea an investigative reporter can't pursue this is absurd.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2021, 10:14 PM   #172
Joecool
Master Poster

If you google CNN and Alan Dershowitz, you can see that the news doesn't need sources, they can just make up stuff and try to pass it off as news. Although CNN might be forking over a lot of coins for creating false testimony by editing someone's statements.
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2021, 11:02 PM   #173
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

They don't need magic. They just need to do reasonable investigative reporting. They know about the subpoenas. The process required someone initiate it. Rosenstein and Barr claim to know nothing about it. So ask them who does. And if they still lie and say they don't know ask them which department or whomever would know.

The idea an investigative reporter can't pursue this is absurd.
They can ask anybody anything. That doesn't mean anybody has to answer them, particularly when it could put their careers at risk, and particularly when the people who know benefit from continuing secrecy. Where do you think a reporter's information comes from except from sources who are willing to talk to him, often in pursuit of their own objectives?

Note that what we have just learned about McGahn came from Apple, after an NDA expired. The subpoena for the records was actually issued more than three years ago, and has remained secret until now.

I ask again, don't you think there's plenty to learn about the Trump White House that we don't know because nobody will spill the beans?

Last edited by Bob001; 13th June 2021 at 11:07 PM.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2021, 11:02 PM   #174
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Joecool View Post
If you google CNN and Alan Dershowitz, you can see that the news doesn't need sources, they can just make up stuff and try to pass it off as news. Although CNN might be forking over a lot of coins for creating false testimony by editing someone's statements.
Those are some serious accusations. Care to expand on them? Like letting us know what the hell you're talking about?
Old 13th June 2021, 11:11 PM   #175
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

They can ask anybody anything. That doesn't mean anybody has to answer them, particularly when it could put their careers at risk, and particularly when the people who know benefit from continuing secrecy. Where do you think a reporter's information comes from except from sources who are willing to talk to him, often in pursuit of their own objectives?

Note that what we have just learned about McGahn came from Apple, after an NDA expired. The subpoena for the records was actually issued more than three years ago, and has remained secret until now.

I ask again, don't you think there's plenty to learn about the Trump White House that we don't know because nobody will spill the beans?
Undoubtedly there are more crimes that ******* did which we don't know about. That's not relevant to investigative reporters getting to the bottom of something we do know about.

My money's on lying Barr.

And whose careers are at risk, the revenging Dump is out of office?
Old 13th June 2021, 11:26 PM   #176
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Those are some serious accusations. Care to expand on them? Like letting us know what the hell you're talking about?
I googled it. I didn't see anything that matched Joecool's claim of doesn't need sources. I did see that a Dershowitz lawsuit against CNN was recently reported to have overcome a procedural hurdle, though. In short, the claim is that CNN misleadingly edited a clip of what Dershowitz had said to misrepresent an argument as something a bit more farcical than what a more full showing of his statement would show it to be and the case will be entering discovery after a motion to dismiss was denied.

Needless to say, I'm not exactly impressed when it comes to relevance to what was responded to. Also, given how frequently Fox and RW media in general distorts and does its best to make huge issues out of dishonest reporting, often causing significant harm to various individuals and frequently the US in general in the process, and gets away with it scot-free, I'm even less impressed at the attempt to hold up CNN, specifically, for a relatively minor transgression in comparison, if it's even found to have any actual weight in the first place as it continues.

Last edited by Aridas; 13th June 2021 at 11:32 PM.
Aridas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2021, 11:28 PM   #177
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Undoubtedly there are more crimes that ******* did which we don't know about. That's not relevant to investigative reporters getting to the bottom of something we do know about.

My money's on lying Barr.

And whose careers are at risk, the revenging Dump is out of office?
The hottest story for any reporter right now is finding out who ordered these subpoenas and who knew about them and when. It's certainly not from lack of effort that reporters haven't been able to suss this out yet but you can bet they're on it. The guilty parties are covering their arses. Revenging Dump may be out of office but that doesn't mean he has no power or that some in the DOJ aren't still sympathetic to the GOP, to put it mildly.

And yes, Sessions, Barr, and likely Rosenstein are lying through their teeth. Of course they knew about an investigation this important considering who it was directed at. No low level lawyer would have done something this radical on their own. The head honchos approved it.
Old 13th June 2021, 11:29 PM   #178
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

It appears the Inspector General is on the case.
Old 13th June 2021, 11:44 PM   #179
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

It appears the Inspector General is on the case.
Yes. I expect Horowitz will get to the bottom of this but it may take some time.
Old 14th June 2021, 12:00 AM   #180
RolandRat
Graduate Poster

Kayleigh McEnany lies about lying:

"Addressing a conservative group on Sunday, McEnany said of her first steps in the role: “And then there was the question, ‘Will you ever lie to us?’, and I said without hesitation, ‘No’, and I never did, as a woman of faith.

“As a mother of baby Blake, as a person who meticulously prepared at some of the world’s hardest institutions, I never lied. I sourced my information, but that will never stop the press from calling you a liar.”

On Sunday, amid uproar over her claim never to have lied in service of Trump, she tweeted: “Haters will hate!”

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/fox-news-h...rc=fp_deeplink
RolandRat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2021, 02:03 AM   #181
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

He is now relevant only to a weird and rapidly shrinking lunatic fringe. Good that Pence is out-earning him.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015

Last edited by Norman Alexander; 14th June 2021 at 02:04 AM.
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2021, 01:12 PM   #182
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Could be a hoax, but if this is true, it's one of the stupidest things ever.

https://twitter.com/PamelaApostolo1/...20162115616768

Quote:
OMG-just saw this on FB!!!
"This is just INSANE on a whole other level! These “tickets” are being sold for as high as $1,200 each on Q sites all over the internet, the crazy part is that people are talking about how excited they are because they’ve already purchased them."
"There is a virus here — it kills people. And the only way we prevent it is to get vaccinated, to wear masks, to do social distancing, washing your hands all the time, and not just to think about, 'Well, my freedom is being kind of disturbed here.' No, screw your freedom — because with freedom comes obligations and responsibilities. You cannot just say, 'I have the right to X, Y, and Z.' When you affect other people then it gets serious." -- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Last edited by shemp; 14th June 2021 at 01:13 PM.
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2021, 02:33 PM   #183
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

And the people involved in the subpoenas are trickling in (or maybe that should be out).

Sessions was in on it, and Barr knew it was going on and kept renewing the gag order about it. Now there is this guy:

Top Justice Department security official to leave post next week after leaks reports: NY Times
Quote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The head of the Justice Department’s National Security Division is expected to leave his post by the end of next week, the New York Times reported on Monday, following a series of reported leak probes under the Trump administration targeting the media, lawmakers and a former White House lawyer.

The departure of John Demers, a holdover from U.S. President Donald Trump's administration, had been arranged months ago, the Times reported. He is scheduled to leave on June 25.

The move follows reports of former President Donald Trump's Justice Department seizing records of lawmakers and journalists as part of an aggressive crackdown on leaks.
At least one retired official from the DoJ says Garland needs to clean the ******* house, get the lot of the Dump people out without haste.
Old 14th June 2021, 02:34 PM   #184
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by shemp View Post

Payable in Bitcoin?
Old 14th June 2021, 03:08 PM   #185
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...7b7b63a70b.png
Looks fake, the $1200 in the yellow background is covering some other price. The general text looks added to the picture file with the lower ticket having no visible text that is partially covered by the upper ticket, where it should.

Last edited by The Man; 14th June 2021 at 03:09 PM.
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2021, 03:17 PM   #186
shemp

Yeah, you're right, it's pretty obvious.
"There is a virus here — it kills people. And the only way we prevent it is to get vaccinated, to wear masks, to do social distancing, washing your hands all the time, and not just to think about, 'Well, my freedom is being kind of disturbed here.' No, screw your freedom — because with freedom comes obligations and responsibilities. You cannot just say, 'I have the right to X, Y, and Z.' When you affect other people then it gets serious." -- Arnold Schwarzenegger
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2021, 03:24 PM   #187
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

Yeah, you're right, it's pretty obvious.
That's OK, obvious fakery has never been a hindrance to the fleecing of trump supporters. Basically SOP at this point.
Old 14th June 2021, 03:30 PM   #188
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Man View Post
Looks fake, the $1200 in the yellow background is covering some other price. The general text looks added to the picture file with the lower ticket having no visible text that is partially covered by the upper ticket, where it should.
Snopes is on the case.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/fa...-inauguration/
Old 14th June 2021, 04:24 PM   #189
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Just you wait until the election is overturned and Trump is sworn in for his second term in August. Just you wait.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2021, 04:35 PM   #190
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Just you wait until the election is overturned and Trump is sworn in for his second term in August. Just you wait.
(On Sept. 5th,2021) Just you wait until November when Trump will be sworn in on the anniversary of the election that was stolen from him…like he planned all along! For certain.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2021, 04:48 PM   #191
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by The Man View Post
Yeah, the line above "Special Music..." should be there. Very sloppy.
Old 14th June 2021, 04:49 PM   #192
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

What concerns me is that Q is based entirely on something that was never real. August 15th could become the new date for Trump's "inauguration" and hi-jinks ensue.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2021, 06:09 PM   #193
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Boooo! Spoilsports! We want to see how many raving MAGAites get fleeced by this!
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2021, 04:55 AM   #194
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Liberal Fake News!!!!!!!!!
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2021, 05:33 AM   #195
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

The barcode translates to "Hehehe... you chump."
Old 15th June 2021, 07:06 AM   #196
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

If Trump sees the photo, I can only imagine how many people he will yell at while asking “where’s my cut?”
Old 15th June 2021, 05:14 PM   #197
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

And in yet another display of the level of competence we've come to expect from Trump supporters, a fellow who participated in the Capitol Riot has decided to run for state representative, with the intention of unseating Democrat Ann Kuster in the 2022 midterms.

Except that's the wrong office.

Quote:
Kuster, however, is not a state representative but rather a member of the US Congress.

"I thought Ann was a state representative?" he said, when the reporter Katherine Underwood corrected him.

"No," Underwood said. "So, a state representative is in the State House in Concord."

"Yeah, that's what Ann is," Riddle said.

When Underwood informed him that Kuster actually worked out of Washington, DC, Riddle said: "Well, I guess I've got to run against that then."
Old 15th June 2021, 06:05 PM   #198
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

He's a dope. He will do fine, fer sure.
Old 15th June 2021, 06:57 PM   #199
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
And in yet another display of the level of competence we've come to expect from Trump supporters, a fellow who participated in the Capitol Riot has decided to run for state representative, with the intention of unseating Democrat Ann Kuster in the 2022 midterms.

He's one of the "poorly educated" that Trump loves...for obvious reasons.
Old 15th June 2021, 08:16 PM   #200
shemp

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post

It pains me greatly to live in the same state as a freaking idiot like him.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics