IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , vaccination

View Poll Results: Have you been vaccinated?
Yes, I am fully vaccinated. 155 85.16%
I have received 1 vaccination shot 17 9.34%
No, I intend to but haven't got around to it. 3 1.65%
No, There are personal medical reasons that I should not receive the vaccine 1 0.55%
No, COVID is a hoax. The vaccine is part of some Communist plot. 4 2.20%
No, God will protect me. You cannot trust science. 2 1.10%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24th July 2021, 06:15 PM   #201
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
NO jabs, no face diapers and that goes for my family, good friends and Me. And we are all fine. THe pressure from my grandkids family (cousins etc is sickening)...
They're concerned for your safety, and the safety of those around you. That you describe that as "sickening" is just sad.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th July 2021, 06:18 PM   #202
jond
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Foster Zygote View Post
They're concerned for your safety, and the safety of those around you. That you describe that as "sickening" is just sad.
Donít want your love. Donít want your money. All I want is the key to your Ferrari.
jond is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th July 2021, 06:20 PM   #203
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

I have another word for it.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th July 2021, 06:33 PM   #204
Lrrr
Stealth Hug Ninja

NO jabs, no face diapers and that goes for my family, good friends and Me. And we are all fine. THe pressure from my grandkids family (cousins etc is sickening)...
Same ****, different day. One needle out of ten.

Why do you keep posting this same crap every few days? There isn't a person in this forum that doesn't know your (ignorance based) opinion on vaccines. I could understand if you were to provide evidence that vaccines are worse than contracting COVID but all we get are links to ******** CT sites and "feels" from you.
Old 24th July 2021, 07:06 PM   #205
Fidelio
Muse

Originally Posted by Lrrr View Post

Why do you keep posting this same crap every few days? There isn't a person in this forum that doesn't know your (ignorance based) opinion on vaccines. I could understand if you were to provide evidence that vaccines are worse than contracting COVID but all we get are links to ******** CT sites and "feels" from you.
Having been here for a bit, those ********* are the fertilizer that fuel this place. I mean dang what if everyone suddenly became a rational caring non dick-weed kinda person?
Old 24th July 2021, 07:46 PM   #206
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by jond View Post
Donít want your love. Donít want your money. All I want is the key to your Ferrari.
Rip it
Skip it
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th July 2021, 07:51 PM   #207
Caroline13
Suspended

Bull, my grandkids take care of their own immune system and not jabbing themselves with an unapproved experimental drug. PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

It's truly no one's business what one chooses to do with their health decisions.,...and the millions of SHEEP that get the jabs, good lord.

There are ways to keep and stay healthy and it's not the RNA stuff flooded into one's body.

My grandkids are NOT worried so WHY are all the others worried, take care of YOURSELF I say. And if one does the jabs, what are they worried about????

Last edited by Caroline13; 24th July 2021 at 07:53 PM.
Caroline13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th July 2021, 07:52 PM   #208
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Lrrr View Post

It wouldn't shock me one bit that she has received the vaccination but she enjoys trolling people. It also wouldn't surprise she is being truthful. Lots of people are looking to win that Darwin Award.
Old 24th July 2021, 07:53 PM   #209
jond
Illuminator

Rip it
Skip it
Zoom it. Vacuum it.
jond is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th July 2021, 08:08 PM   #210
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Bull, my grandkids take care of their own immune system and not jabbing themselves with an unapproved experimental drug. PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

It's truly no one's business what one chooses to do with their health decisions.,...and the millions of SHEEP that get the jabs, good lord.

There are ways to keep and stay healthy and it's not the RNA stuff flooded into one's body.
Unapproved experimental drug? ROFLMAO

The drugs have been approved.
Hardly experimental. 2.1 billion people have received at least 1 dose. More than a billion people have been fully vaccinated. I have yet to read where a single person has died as a result of the vaccine. On the other more than 626 thousand Americans have died from COVID-19.

It has been approved for emergency use and is expected to receive full approval this week.

Personal responsibility? What about responsibility to society? Responsibility to the people you come in contact to?

By the way the government can order you to be vaccinated. And this is Supreme Court tested.

Last edited by acbytesla; 24th July 2021 at 08:15 PM.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th July 2021, 08:21 PM   #211
Caroline13
Suspended

All you people who did your jabs what the H are you worried about, you are all immune Right? And you can't infect anyone Right? And you can't be infected, Right.

If and when the people I come in contact with have the Jabs, what is there to be concerned. They are Immune due to the jabs....

Half the U.S. population did NOT do jabs, and no way can they be forced to get the jabs...

What is everyone's obsession with this RNA technology going into their body????????

And dam it, they have NOT been approved, authorized for Emergency Use.

Last edited by Caroline13; 24th July 2021 at 09:26 PM.
Caroline13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th July 2021, 08:36 PM   #212
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

All you people who did your jabs what the H are you worried about, you are all immune Right? And you can't infect anyone Right?

Half the U.S. population did NOT do jabs, and no way can they be forced to get the jabs...

What is everyone's obsession with this RNA technology going into their body????????
Wrong Caroline on all counts.

There are still 150 million Americans who haven't been vaccinated yet. They are susceptible not only in getting the virus but are susceptible to creating mutations that are not only more deadly but more contagious.

And I'm sorry Caroline, they can be.

Businesses and schools both can require vaccinations from their employees. And unless SCOTUS wants to upend precedent the government can require citizens to get vaccinated. They have done it for other vaccinations, I don't see why they couldn't do it for COVID. And if you want to travel outside of the US you better be vaccinated as nations are requiring COVID vaccination documentation.
Old 24th July 2021, 08:53 PM   #213
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

That's generally true in the case of personal health decisions that only effect that individual. If someone wants to chew tobacco or eat themselves into a state of morbid obesity, that's their own business.

But health decisions that put others at risk aren't a private matter. I'm once again appalled, but not surprised, by your selfishness.

Quote:
Yeah, you wouldn't want any of that RNA in your body. It's full of unmethylated thymine, which is a scary word.

Quote:
My grandkids are NOT worried so WHY are all the others worried, take care of YOURSELF I say. And if one does the jabs, what are they worried about????
I never said anything about your grandchildren. You said, "THe pressure from my grandkids family (cousins etc is sickening)...[sic]". I was referring to the "cousins, etcetera". And the fact that you think their concern is sickening is still sad.
Old 24th July 2021, 09:03 PM   #214
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

All you people who did your jabs what the H are you worried about, you are all immune Right?
Some of us actually care about others.

Quote:
And you can't infect anyone Right?
It's less likely, but still possible. It's very unlikely that I'll get sick, but the possibility still exists that I could transmit it to someone else before my immune system kills it in my body.

Quote:
Depends on what they want to do. They can be required to be vaccinated to hold a job, attend a school, travel, etcetera. This is nothing new.

Quote:
You're the one with the obsession. You're terrified of something you don't understand. You don't even realize how ignorant you are to talk about RNA like it's some man-made thing.
Old 24th July 2021, 09:08 PM   #215
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Sure. Sure they do.

Quote:
It's truly no one's business what one chooses to do with their health decisions
Maybe. If that decision affects others the the detriment of the public health, maybe not.

Quote:
..and the millions of SHEEP that get the jabs, good lord.
Good lord, they're doing the correct thing.

Quote:
There are ways to keep and stay healthy
Yes, just not the ways you think.
Quote:
and it's not the RNA stuff flooded into one's body.
You don't know wtf you are talking about.

Quote:
My grandkids are NOT worried
Because they probably don't listen to you.

Quote:
so WHY are all the others worried, take care of YOURSELF I say. And if one does the jabs, what are they worried about????
They are worried about anti-vaxxers like yourself, spreading vaccine misinformation.

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th July 2021, 09:45 PM   #216
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

At the core of every anti-vaxxer is the needs to know more than most people, paired with the drawing realization that they know far less than most people.
Old 24th July 2021, 11:13 PM   #217
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kevbo View Post
A friend of mine and I were discussing this earlier today. What a bunch of maroons. We might be better off without them.
Arizona and Georgia were close run things in 2020. Texas went Trump by about 3 points. The demographic shifts in all three states are continuing and they favor Democrats. There was always going to be a natural die off of the Republican leaning demographic (time is a drug, the overdose is always fatal, Terry Prachet). COVID-19 vaccine denial is just accelerating it.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th July 2021, 11:14 PM   #218
Cain
Straussian

Caroline, ignore the haters. All of these vaccinated people are going to look so goddamn stupid in twenty to thirty years when they die of heart disease and cancer. It's too bad you won't be around to see it.
Diablo: You're a lousy bigot. Apologise and withdraw that remark.
Cain: Nah.

Last edited by Cain; 24th July 2021 at 11:16 PM.
Cain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th July 2021, 11:16 PM   #219
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Your family lies to you. They got vaccinated. That is, if they exist.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2021, 07:54 AM   #220
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

All you people who did your jabs what the H are you worried about, you are all immune Right? And you can't infect anyone Right? And you can't be infected, Right.

If and when the people I come in contact with have the Jabs, what is there to be concerned. They are Immune due to the jabs....

Approved for emergency use ...yes. So what?

And what is everyone's "obsession"? Can a more stupid question be asked? This is not an obsession. It's a safety measure to prevent a disease that could kill us or the people around us.

BTW, you're body is filled with RNA. You pretend that RNA is a strange thing. The mRNA vaccine teaches your body how to fight the disease. The vaccine helps your body not so much from acquiring the virus, but acquiring the disease and it uses your immune system to do it.
Old 25th July 2021, 08:02 AM   #221
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I just saw a Louisiana man, sick with Covid in the hospital, asked if he regrets not getting vaccinated. His answer: No. He said that when he gets out, he still won't get vaccinated. When asked why, his answer was that he's tired of the government trying to shove vaccines down everyone's throat.
Did you ask him if he has the same reaction to seatbelts?

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2021, 08:04 AM   #222
Belz...
Fiend God

NO jabs, no face diapers and that goes for my family, good friends and Me. And we are all fine.
So were all the people who died, until they weren't.

Do doctor wear "face diapers" when operating on your hips?

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2021, 08:05 AM   #223
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
I would imagine that your friends and family are humoring you so you will shut up already.
I don't think he (or whoever is behind "caroline") has a family.

Old 25th July 2021, 08:06 AM   #224
Belz...
Fiend God

Bull, my grandkids take care of their own immune system
How? How do you "take care of" your immune system if not by preparing it for future infections?

Old 25th July 2021, 08:08 AM   #225
Belz...
Fiend God

No. We've explained it to you before. That's not how vaccines work.

They decrease your odds of getting it, of developing symptoms or serious issues, and transmitting it, as well as lowering the odds of you being the source of a new variant. But they are most efficient when everyone is vaccinated.

Quote:
And dam it, they have NOT been approved
It's approved in Canada.

Old 25th July 2021, 08:34 AM   #226
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post

They decrease your odds of getting it, of developing symptoms or serious issues, and transmitting it, as well as lowering the odds of you being the source of a new variant. But they are most efficient when everyone is vaccinated.

It's approved in Canada.
Approved in the UK, EU and Japan also. Itís not like a global conspiracy in which Big Pharma wags the tail of the international governments.

Caroline, why do you think governments are printing money and companies are going belly up if all they would need to keep open was to give out grape seed extract to their employees?

Donít you think world governments would have thought they could save themselves a lot of compensation payments and crashing economies by just ramping up grape seed extract production?
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2021, 08:45 AM   #227
Lrrr
Stealth Hug Ninja

Then why the **** are you worried about other people and what they do? By calling people SHEEP, you are implying they shouldn't get the vaccine and therefore making it you business. From your own words, butt the **** out of other people's lives.

Oh, the irony that will be lost on Caroline13.

Last edited by Lrrr; 25th July 2021 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Added clarity.
Lrrr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2021, 08:50 AM   #228
Lrrr
Stealth Hug Ninja

Unhappy

With just the tiniest bit of research, you will find that none of this is true. Your immunity to rational thought and common sense is astounding.

Zero jabs out of 10 on this one. Sad.
Old 25th July 2021, 09:37 AM   #229
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

It's approved in Canada.
The approval argument is such BS. Maybe that was a semi-reasonable argument not to be first in line. I say "semi" as the vaccine had gone through trials and didn't present much of a health risk. But today, there isn't a good reason not to get the tiny prick. This vaccine hasn't gone through minor trials and been administered to a few hundred or even a few thousand people. It has been administered to two billion people with few problems. The worst thing that could happen seems to be that you might get a tiny fever.

Everything we do has risk associated with it.
And everything we don't has risk as well.

The question is what is the comparative risk of getting the vaccine or not getting the vaccine.

The risk of not getting vaccination is putting oneself and others in peril not just of dying but of suffering long term health problems.

Caroline is most likely going to get COVID. The Delta variant is highly contagious. Whether it is a minor inconvenience or if it will cause her to be hospitalized is unknown.
Old 25th July 2021, 09:55 AM   #230
Purple Pangolin
Scholar

I'm sorry, but this is just laughable.

95% of the respondents to this poll have taken personal responsibility for their health by getting vaccinated. They have taken care of their immune systems by getting vaccinated. They run a drastically reduced risk of contracting a severe form of COVID-19 and passing it along.

On the other hand, shoveling down handfuls of literal waste product from the wine industry (I guess you could call it industrial waste) will not protect you from anything but having too much money in your bank account.

Tell me, if FDA approval is so important to you, when was grape seed extract approved and for what?
Purple Pangolin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2021, 11:09 AM   #231
Steve
Philosopher

It's approved in Canada.
OTOH grape seed extract has not been approved by anyone.

ETA ninja’d by Purple Pangolin. Well done PP!

Last edited by Steve; 25th July 2021 at 11:17 AM.
Steve is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2021, 11:15 AM   #232
Steve
Philosopher

I take PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for the health and welfare of my fellow human beings, by taking reasonable precautions to lessen the likelihood of passing on a serious virus. I think it is quite disgusting that we have posters here who do not.

Curious, do you personally have RNA in your body?
Old 25th July 2021, 12:44 PM   #233
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

So, tell me, Caroline...are you and/or your grandchildren vaccinated against measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus, chicken pox, etc? Or do you just let your 'immune systems' take care of those, too? How about when you get an infection? Do you just let your immune system take care of that for you?

Speaking of sheep, has it ever occurred to you that it's you and the other anti-Covid vaccine misinformation spreaders who are the sheep following lying idiots on conspiracy threads who have their own agenda and not the world's medical community? Even your Beloved Leader has been Covid vaccinated along with his family and urges you to be also. Think about that.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2021, 03:25 PM   #234
OneShotKi11
Muse

Nope, im not vaccinated. Probably will wait a good while longer as more studies and research is done before I make that plunge.
OneShotKi11 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2021, 03:28 PM   #235
slyjoe
Master Poster

Originally Posted by OneShotKi11 View Post
Nope, im not vaccinated. Probably will wait a good while longer as more studies and research is done before I make that plunge.
You have chosen... poorly.
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2021, 03:31 PM   #236
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Out of curiosity, what will it take for you to be satisfied? What do 'studies and research' need to show that has not been demonstrated by now? When over 99% of people dying are unvaccinated and millions of people have been vaccinated with no one dying from it, I just have to wonder what more you need.
Old 25th July 2021, 03:33 PM   #237
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Don't wait too long.*

*See my signature.

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2021, 03:49 PM   #238
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Really? What new information are you likely to get?
Old 25th July 2021, 04:13 PM   #239
Steve
Philosopher

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Really? What new information are you likely to get?
I suspect our correspondent is hoping for something that shows all us vaccinated people will die an early death. So s/he can "I told you so!" at us, and then get our stuff.
Old 25th July 2021, 04:30 PM   #240
mgidm86
Philosopher

How is it that right wingers are suddenly claiming that the government has no right to tell them what to do with their own bodies?

By the way, this thread is titled 'Have you been vaccinated?", not "How can we talk one obvious troll into seeing the light?"

Is this person even listening to you? Forget it.

I notice that some of us, including myself, are at the point where we are publicly saying that we hope these idiots die. I see, and have said, the same about Trumpers in general.

I hope the right wingers are paying attention. The left are not a bunch of pushovers, they are human beings, and we know how nasty humans can get when pushed too hard. And we (if I may say "we") are growing increasingly frustrated and pissed off at the imbeciles we are forced to live amongst.

The right has nothing but hate and lies holding them together. They are weak cowards and they hope nobody notices that.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics