IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Florida politics , Ron DeSantis

Old 9th August 2021, 07:16 AM   #161
slyjoe
Master Poster

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
Not exactly, at least by my understanding there was no vaccine at the time, they were inoculated with actual smallpox, but in a controlled way that was less deadly on average than catching it wild.

https://www.history.com/news/smallpo...olutionary-war

It was nothing like a proper vaccine.
I think the vaccine had to wait for Jefferson - didn't he encourage it?

Originally Posted by dirtywick View Post
the funny thing about the unapproved vaccine angle is they want to be told it's safe from the people that are already telling them it's safe
Yea I'm sure we will see a sudden rush for vaccines once it is approved. That's an excuse not a reason.
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2021, 07:27 AM   #162
jadebox
Master Poster

Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
Yea I'm sure we will see a sudden rush for vaccines once it is approved. That's an excuse not a reason.
According to an article I read earlier today, most people (2/3) think the vaccines have already been approved. So, the number of people waiting for approval before getting vaccinated has to be rather small.
jadebox is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2021, 07:43 AM   #163
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Shadowdweller View Post
Is Trump still residing in Florida? Would be hilarious if he got COVID again.
No, I think he has gone up to spend the summer at some property in New Jersey.

And while the case count in New Jersey is rising, the increase is very small, and it is nothing like the spike in cases you see in Florida. (Hmmmm... New Jersey has a Democrat for a gov., wonder if that might have something to do with it.)

See: The Guardian

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2021, 07:46 AM   #164
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

I think the vaccine had to wait for Jefferson - didn't he encourage it?
"One of the first methods for controlling smallpox was variolation, a process named after the virus that causes smallpox (variola virus). During variolation, people who had never had smallpox were exposed to material from smallpox sores (pustules) by scratching the material into their arm or inhaling it through the nose. After variolation, people usually developed the symptoms associated with smallpox, such as fever and a rash. However, fewer people died from variolation than if they had acquired smallpox naturally.

The basis for vaccination began in 1796 when the English doctor Edward Jenner noticed that milkmaids who had gotten cowpox were protected from smallpox. Jenner also knew about variolation and guessed that exposure to cowpox could be used to protect against smallpox. To test his theory, Dr. Jenner took material from a cowpox sore on milkmaid Sarah Nelmes’ hand and inoculated it into the arm of James Phipps, the 9-year-old son of Jenner’s gardener. Months later, Jenner exposed Phipps several times to variola virus, but Phipps never developed smallpox. More experiments followed, and, in 1801, Jenner published his treatise “On the Origin of the Vaccine Inoculation.” In this work, he summarized his discoveries and expressed hope that “the annihilation of the smallpox, the most dreadful scourge of the human species, must be the final result of this practice.”"

https://www.cdc.gov/smallpox/history/history.html
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2021, 08:04 AM   #165
slyjoe
Master Poster

To poke a little further:

Quote:
Jenner’s work reached the U.S. in part due to the efforts of a Harvard professor, Benjamin Waterhouse, who vaccinated his own family and exposed them to smallpox patients. But Waterhouse wanted to spread the word, so he wrote to an amateur scientist in Virginia, writes Steven Johnson for How We Get to Next. That scientist was Thomas Jefferson.
Interesting aside was Benjamin Franklin's take on the vaccine.

See https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...als-180954146/
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2021, 08:17 AM   #166
sackett
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Problem is the Covid does not know about state lines......
And that's why the situation in Florida is so pressing. If an entire state becomes a superspreader site, isn't federal action justified? Urgent action, as in a quarantine with closed borders and an air and sea blockade, mandatory masking, school shutdowns, and curfews.

DiSnottis and his pals may be betsy-bug crazy, but nobody's obliged to defer to them.

If you would ruin a man's character, let him seize power.
sackett is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2021, 08:28 AM   #167
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by sackett View Post
And that's why the situation in Florida is so pressing. If an entire state becomes a superspreader site, isn't federal action justified? Urgent action, as in a quarantine with closed borders and an air and sea blockade, mandatory masking, school shutdowns, and curfews.
I think quarantining Florida (heck, most of the deep south states where vaccination rates are low) would be warranted.

But, would it be constitutional? There are probably various sections in the constitution/bill of rights that would limit the ability of the federal government (or various state governments) from closing interstate borders. And given the fact that the supreme court has already ruled in favor of disease on one case involving "Mah Freedum! vs. covid restrictions", I suspect that they would see any sort of "no Floridians allowed north of the Mason Dixon line" as unconstitutional.

ETA:
See: Wikipedia (freedom of movement)

We are Groot - Groot

Last edited by Segnosaur; 9th August 2021 at 08:29 AM.
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2021, 08:44 AM   #168
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

To poke a little further:

Interesting aside was Benjamin Franklin's take on the vaccine.

See https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...als-180954146/
Franklin died before the use of Cowpox was discovered. He was talking about inoculation not vaccination.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2021, 09:16 AM   #169
CORed
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
And he's dumb as a ******* post.
Yes, which is apparently now a key qualification to be a Republican politician. Trump, DeSantis, Gaetz, MTG, Lauren Bobert, Mo Brooks. If you have more than half a brain, you have no future as a Republcan.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2021, 09:45 AM   #170
sackett
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
I think quarantining Florida (heck, most of the deep south states where vaccination rates are low) would be warranted.

But, would it be constitutional? There are probably various sections in the constitution/bill of rights that would limit the ability of the federal government (or various state governments) from closing interstate borders. And given the fact that the supreme court has already ruled in favor of disease on one case involving "Mah Freedum! vs. covid restrictions", I suspect that they would see any sort of "no Floridians allowed north of the Mason Dixon line" as unconstitutional.

ETA:
See: Wikipedia (freedom of movement)
The Executive has various emergency powers that might cover such drastic action. Ideally, Congress would enact legislation that would authorize temporary measures to meet a crisis of national import -- and Covid certainly qualifies as that.

If you can stop people from entering a forest fire, then surely you can keep them from leaving Florida.

If Biden was 25 years younger and a flintier sort of man, he might try it now. And perhaps succeed.

sackett is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2021, 12:36 PM   #171
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:

But, would it be constitutional?...And given the fact that the supreme court has already ruled in favor of disease on one case involving "Mah Freedum! vs. covid restrictions", I suspect that they would see any sort of "no Floridians allowed north of the Mason Dixon line" as unconstitutional.
The Executive has various emergency powers that might cover such drastic action.
Perhaps, but like I said, any sort of emergency power use that limits inter-state travel would probably be subject to judicial review (and would probably face an unfriendly pro-death supreme court).
Quote:
Ideally, Congress would enact legislation that would authorize temporary measures to meet a crisis of national import -- and Covid certainly qualifies as that.
Of course, they would have to get it by the Senate. While there aren't quite as many lunatics in the senate as the house, I could see some difficulty convincing a significant amount of Republican senators to go along (to avoid the fillibuster).
Quote:
If you can stop people from entering a forest fire, then surely you can keep them from leaving Florida.
I think that a sort of measure of "immediate danger" would probably be applicable... certain death entering a forest fire, while covid kills many but not all victims.

(Again, I want to stress that I would have no moral problem with a "no Florida travel" rule I think it would be a great thing. My concern is just whether it could be legally enforced.)

We are Groot - Groot
Old 9th August 2021, 12:39 PM   #172
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

New blood. Blood is what DeSantis has on his hands. He is killing people in his state.
Old 9th August 2021, 12:46 PM   #173
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

LOL triggered libs. Show me in the Constitution where we're Governors aren't allowed to intentionally kill off their citizens. I demand a civil debate about that.

"Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid." - Valery Legasov
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2021, 12:48 PM   #174
plague311
Great minds think...

COVID isn't real, I can't even imagine why we're having this conversation. Just open everything up, get everyone to herd immunity (less than .03% of people die when they get this 'seasonal cold') and lets get back to work!

Florida has a great track record of leading the nation in the right direction. I can't imagine why every state shouldn't follow them now.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2021, 12:50 PM   #175
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

In defense waking up everyday and knowing your governor is literally trying to kill you does put the rest of the day in perspective. I'm not longer as angry when I get cut off in traffic.

"Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid." - Valery Legasov
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2021, 02:41 PM   #176
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
LOL triggered libs. Show me in the Constitution where we're Governors aren't allowed to intentionally kill off their citizens. I demand a civil debate about that.
I'm going to suggest the 5th Amendment?

Quote:
Nor shall any person... be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;
and the 14th...

Quote:
No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
ETA:

And Section 9 of Florida's Constitution.

Quote:
SECTION 9. Due process.—No person shall be deprived of life, liberty or property without due process of law
Honestly, I'd love to see someone take De Santis to Court and argue that his banning of mask mandates and other virus-stopping methods are violations of those Constitutional clauses because it is literally a State mandated death sentance for some people.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

Last edited by PhantomWolf; 9th August 2021 at 02:55 PM.
PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2021, 03:14 PM   #177
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
I'm going to suggest the 5th Amendment?

and the 14th...
There's only one amendment that counts, and that's the Holy Second.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2021, 03:24 PM   #178
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

DiSnottis and his pals may be betsy-bug crazy, but nobody's obliged to defer to them.
It would set a horrid precedent, however. Think of what a Trump could do under the excuse of "urgent action".

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2021, 04:14 PM   #179
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

He just escalated the war on masks threateing to stop the salaries of public officials who defy his ban on masks.
It is incredible..we have the governor of a major state who thinks defying science and modern medicine is the road to the White House. Scary thing he might be right.
he is also behaving like a petty tyrant, but that is standard for the GOP nowdays.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2021, 04:22 PM   #180
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

He just escalated the war on masks threateing to stop the salaries of public officials who defy his ban on masks.
It is incredible..we have the governor of a major state who thinks defying science and modern medicine is the road to the White House. Scary thing he might be right.
he is also behaving like a petty tyrant, but that is standard for the GOP nowdays.
He's showing what a great authoritarian he will be for his fans!
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2021, 05:16 PM   #181
Lurch
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
COVID isn't real, I can't even imagine why we're having this conversation. Just open everything up, get everyone to herd immunity (less than .03% of people die when they get this 'seasonal cold') and lets get back to work!

Florida has a great track record of leading the nation in the right direction. I can't imagine why every state shouldn't follow them now.
The only possible chance of getting ahead of mutating variants is to have everyone remaining to be infected to be so at essentially the same time. And even then, surviving virus can still hang about, causing a slow burn of infection if there's not full immunity among a vast majority. And that can eventually lead to a variant that defeats the gains won at already high cost. Putting everyone back at square one.

With killer viruses, the only sure cure is to eradicate them, to at least a sufficient degree, anyway. Who wants Covid to be a perennial bug like the cold and flu, but deadlier?
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2021, 05:28 PM   #182
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
There's only one amendment that counts, and that's the Holy Second.
In Florida, using the 2nd Amendment solution might actually be considered self-defense.

I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2021, 05:31 PM   #183
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
Who wants Covid to be a perennial bug like the cold and flu, but deadlier?
Apparently, a lot of the "We are just going to have to live with it" idiots.

In worse news, it is being said in news channels that there is evidence that the new Lambda variant might not respond to vaccination at all. Yay!

Old 9th August 2021, 06:18 PM   #184
Roger Ramjets
Philosopher

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
In Florida, using the 2nd Amendment solution might actually be considered self-defense.
Just wait until the next mutation, which spreads through bites and makes the infected desperately hungry for human flesh - and the only way to stop them is a head shot.
Old 9th August 2021, 07:47 PM   #185
sackett
Philosopher

It would set a horrid precedent, however. Think of what a Trump could do under the excuse of "urgent action".
The precedent would be federal intervention to halt the acts of an insane prigk infesting a governor's office.

Howsomever, I see your point, and I think it's a good one. Executive action would have to hedged about with laws to establish criteria for intervention, and of course time limits.

I may sound like "Action this day!" but that's not at all what I mean. The Constitution comes before everything.

Because that's all we've ******* got.

Old 9th August 2021, 08:42 PM   #186
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

I'm not a big-city fancy geographist, but it seems to me that building a wall against Florida would be a lot easier than one against Mexico.

Or we could actually do the Bugs Bunny sawing-off thing for real.
Old 9th August 2021, 09:24 PM   #187
gabeygoat
Graduate Poster

The Bolsinero of Florida
Old 9th August 2021, 09:24 PM   #188
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Proposed: That this House kill off 300 people per day using a pandemic disease in order to keep businesses open in Florida.

Can I hear voices for the affirmative?
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 02:55 AM   #189
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
When there was a global pandemic involving a highly communicable, deadly, disease whose spread could be greatly reduced by wearing masks in public spaces.

I mean, if we in the West could always wear masks whenever we had a respiratory infection and/or stayed at home while we did then we'd also have much lower death tolls from influenza and vastly fewer people sick with common colds.
Originally Posted by Roger Ramjets View Post
Just wait until the next mutation, which spreads through bites and makes the infected desperately hungry for human flesh - and the only way to stop them is a head shot.
[OT-ish] I see Green Monkey Disease is back.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.

Last edited by catsmate; 10th August 2021 at 02:58 AM.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 09:56 AM   #190
plague311
Great minds think...

Florida is requesting 300 ventilators from the Federal Government since the cases won't stop rising.

Quote:
As a result of the increase in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations, the state of Florida requested 300 ventilators from the federal government, according to a Department of Health and Human Services planning document obtained by ABC News.
Something that won't shock a lot of people is that the younger generation seem to be getting hit harder with the Delta variant:

Quote:
Jackson Health System in Miami-Dade is reporting 363 patients across their hospitals. Only 37 of them are vaccinated — of those, 24 are Miami Transplant Institute patients.

Across Jackson hospitals, they have five pediatric patients, with two in ICUs. At Nicklaus Children’s Hospital, there are 24 COVID patients ranging from babies to 18-year-olds. Seven of those patients are in the ICU.
The article also details how burnt out the nurses and doctors are at this point. I can't imagine caring for someone who is so anti-science and medicine until they need you to fix the problem.

Sad thing is, for some of them, there's no coming back.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 11:59 AM   #191
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Someone suggested the name GOvernor Dracula. It fits.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 10th August 2021, 12:09 PM   #192
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) has slipped behind a Democratic gubernatorial rival in a new poll as he faces scrutiny over his handling of the pandemi...45 percent of voters said they would vote for Democratic Rep. Charlie Crist (Fla.)...while 44 percent said they would back DeSantis.

Seems like not even a majority of Floridians are interested in the "blood of DeSantis" . (Granted its still within the margin of error, but given that the Covid situation isn't getting any better, I can't see things turning around for him any time soon.)

We are Groot - Groot
Old 10th August 2021, 12:19 PM   #193
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) has slipped behind a Democratic gubernatorial rival in a new poll as he faces scrutiny over his handling of the pandemi...45 percent of voters said they would vote for Democratic Rep. Charlie Crist (Fla.)...while 44 percent said they would back DeSantis.

Seems like not even a majority of Floridians are interested in the "blood of DeSantis" . (Granted its still within the margin of error, but given that the Covid situation isn't getting any better, I can't see things turning around for him any time soon.)
I'd love to see FL go blue in 2022.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2021, 12:42 PM   #194
sackett
Philosopher

Gov. DeSanguine says he don't know nuffen bout no venulators, he gone check it out.

But if somebody in Florida really is asking for them, this is no time for Biden to play politics. Nossir.

Of course the federal official who releases them can -- and perhaps should -- stipulate changes in Florida practices to ensure that the equipment is optimally employed: strict quarantines, mandatory masking, curfews, accelerated vaccinations, school/theatre/restaurant/saloon closures, etc. Nothing drastic.

Arrests can come later.

Old 10th August 2021, 12:52 PM   #195
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Broward County School Board is defying DeSantis' no mask ban. Good for them.
Old 10th August 2021, 12:56 PM   #196
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

That new poll should be worrying to De Santis..means he is losing the vital swing vote.
yes, he will never fall below 40% support....any GOP OR Dem candidate will get that out of pure party loyalty..but it the 10% who don't feel much loyalty to either party thet decise elections.
( I know the numbers are just symbolic, but I think my basic point stands.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 10th August 2021, 06:45 PM   #197
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Florida had the largest amount of pediatric hospitalizations in the country with 315 last week. These aren't kids who feel like they have a cold or a slight flu; these kids are sick enough to be in the hospital. But schools can't say kids have to wear masks because of "freedoms" according to DeSantis and other idiots.
Old 11th August 2021, 12:02 AM   #198
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Gov. DeSanguine says he don't know nuffen bout no venulators, he gone check it out.

But if somebody in Florida really is asking for them, this is no time for Biden to play politics. Nossir.
[FOXNews]

What is happening in Florida right now is a clear indication that "Sleepy" Joe Biden is snoozing through the Covid pandemic and has squandered the position than President Trump left him with - a Trump vaccine effective at controlling the China Virus and a falling infection rate.

Shame on him for failing to support Ron DeSantis and for turning the suffering of Floridians into a political football.

[/FOXNews]
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2021, 01:19 AM   #199
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Ron DeSantis (R) - Country Hungry for New Phleghm.
Old 11th August 2021, 01:29 AM   #200
Ethan Thane Athen
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
I have 3 friends who did the jabs, ages 94, 90, 89 and they could likely be in a bad way by now, BUT, they all take Grape Seed Extract and have good strong immune systems. And those folks in FL are NOT taking much in the way antioxidants, I'd Bet....so the jab is getting them weaker, not stronger.
So they had the vaccine and are all ok but that's not because of the vaccine but the grape seed extract they take, in fact the vaccine is dangerous but the grape seed extract protected them from it and from Covid? Is that really what you're saying?

Isn't the simplest explanation that the vaccine is not harmful and protects them from Covid? That's what it's designed for...
Ethan Thane Athen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics