IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 7th September 2021, 12:30 PM   #241
crescent
Illuminator

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Sure, but for every tough guy who realizes they were a fool on their death bed, there are many more tough guys who are being vindicated in their belief that they were special and didn't need to take precautions. The losers die, the lucky ones assume they're luck is some reflection of inherent toughness.
Or (in their last social media post) insisting that the virus is real, but is an engineered bioweapon, and that they would have survived if only the doctors had treated them with ivermectin and quinine, along with copious doses of vitamins and zinc and all the special oils. (Seeing that more and more in the Herman Cain Award subreddit.)
crescent is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2021, 12:32 PM   #242
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Sure, but for every tough guy who realizes they were a fool on their death bed, there are many more tough guys who are being vindicated in their belief that they were special and didn't need to take precautions. The losers die, the lucky ones assume they're luck is some reflection of inherent toughness.
Tis but a scratch!

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2021, 12:44 PM   #243
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Has Joe Rogan shown the positive result? He posted an image of the negative result. [See image below.] Even in a full size image I couldn't read much of the text though the word negative seems to have been scrawled in at mid-sheet. It seems a bit strange he showed the negative test result but not the positive test statement. Rogan is being labeled a liar -- and worse -- all over the Internet yet he does not seem to have responded, at least publicly.

But I have to admit, the little I know about Rogan -- and I'm no fan, I think he's basically a grifter and a jerk -- I have to say I would be inclined not to believe he made up having a positive reaction. He doesn't strike me as that kind of a liar. But who knows?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Joe Rogan proves a negative.jpg (107.7 KB, 18 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2021, 01:19 PM   #244
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
Has Joe Rogan shown the positive result? He posted an image of the negative result. [See image below.] Even in a full size image I couldn't read much of the text though the word negative seems to have been scrawled in at mid-sheet. It seems a bit strange he showed the negative test result but not the positive test statement. Rogan is being labeled a liar -- and worse -- all over the Internet yet he does not seem to have responded, at least publicly.
I'm happy to accept he genuinely got sick for a few days from something, then got better. But COVID...I suspect not.

Quote:
But I have to admit, the little I know about Rogan -- and I'm no fan, I think he's basically a grifter and a jerk -- I have to say I would be inclined not to believe he made up having a positive reaction. He doesn't strike me as that kind of a liar. But who knows?
From what I can see of that image (and the document he is holding is upside down), it sorta looks like a standard medical assessment of some sort - height, weight, condition, that sort of thing. Curiously, the writing looks VERY big and crude. Was it done with a ham-fisted Sharpie??

But that detail is irrelevant on a standard COVID swab test, at least for the half dozen tests I have had done here for my work (in a hospital). RATs are far less reliable, which is why we don't use them much if at all.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2021, 01:34 PM   #245
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

From what I can find, Rogan hasn't mentioned whether he's vaccinated or not.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2021, 01:39 PM   #246
autumn1971
Illuminator

Other than those medically unable to receive a vaccine, the choice in the USA should be 2 in the arm or .22 in the head.
I’m tired of this ********. Kill the stupid ***** before they kill more actual humans.
'A knave; a rascal; an eater of broken meats; a base, proud, shallow, beggardly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave; a lily-livered, action-taking knave, a whoreson, glass-gazing, superservicable, finical rogue;... the son and heir of a mongral bitch: one whom I will beat into clamorous whining, if thou deniest the least syllable of thy addition."'
-The Bard
autumn1971 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2021, 01:42 PM   #247
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by autumn1971 View Post
Other than those medically unable to receive a vaccine, the choice in the USA should be 2 in the arm or .22 in the head.
I’m tired of this ********. Kill the stupid ***** before they kill more actual humans.
Too many espressos this morning, Autumn?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2021, 01:56 PM   #248
plague311
Great minds think...

I'm pretty sure Rogan was vaccinated. He actually never said grown-ups shouldn't be, just that teenagers and the like shouldn't worry about it as much. I would be shocked if he wasn't.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2021, 01:56 PM   #249
plague311
Great minds think...

You can be honest with us autumn, don't hold anything back.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2021, 03:22 PM   #250
autumn1971
Illuminator

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
You can be honest with us autumn, don't hold anything back.
That probably belonged in the “vent your anger” thread.

Sorry
'A knave; a rascal; an eater of broken meats; a base, proud, shallow, beggardly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave; a lily-livered, action-taking knave, a whoreson, glass-gazing, superservicable, finical rogue;... the son and heir of a mongral bitch: one whom I will beat into clamorous whining, if thou deniest the least syllable of thy addition."'
-The Bard
autumn1971 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2021, 03:23 PM   #251
fishbob
Seasonally Disaffected

Originally Posted by tyr_13 View Post
It actually gets dumber.

Ivermectin in human use is (most of the time) a topical or a pill.

In livestock, it is generally an oral paste or an injectable. These people who are so 'skeptical' of the vaccines use the oral paste, fed to sheep and horses for worms, by applying it topically to their armpits. They use the injectable orally. Ivermectin can greatly inflame lymph nodes, like in your armpit.

Reading the advice these people give each other is freaking wild.
Paste Eaters Beware: Ivermectin Is Coming For Your Sperms
How to remove yourself from the gene pool by rubbing worm killer under the arms while refusing a tested vaccine.

No sympathy.
fishbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2021, 03:38 PM   #252
dirtywick
Illuminator

I'm pretty sure Rogan was vaccinated. He actually never said grown-ups shouldn't be, just that teenagers and the like shouldn't worry about it as much. I would be shocked if he wasn't.
I think Rogan is smart enough to know his audience. In fact, a lot of his fans criticize him for being too liberal.
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2021, 06:20 PM   #253
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dirtywick View Post
I think Rogan is smart enough to know his audience. In fact, a lot of his fans criticize him for being too liberal.
Where "liberal" equals anything to the left of Atom Waffen.
Old 7th September 2021, 06:25 PM   #254
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Where "liberal" equals anything to the left of Atom Waffen.
What's 'liberal' is certainly up for debate, especially in today's highly charged political atmosphere. For some, ' bleeding heart liberal' is anyone who didn't vote for Trump.
Old 7th September 2021, 08:05 PM   #255
dirtywick
Illuminator

I’m not a huge Rogan fan, but he’s produced a lot of content I enjoy. His interviews with athletes and people involved in sports are very good, particularly Teddy Atlas and Lance Armstrong. And his talk with Brendan Schaub on quitting fighting for his health was great radio imo. I heard a really good Paulie Shore episode also.

He likes hunting elk, weird diets and working out, bro science, and conspiracies. He calls himself a liberal. He also likes taking LSD in sensory deprivation and hates taxes and is pro gay rights. I’d consider him a libertarian. But he also has really frequent guests like Ben Shapiro, Jordan Peterson, and Alex Jones where he plays clueless and let’s them push their agenda and validates them to his audience. Plus, have you ever heard Eddie Bravo talk?
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2021, 08:15 PM   #256
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Too many espressos this morning, Autumn?
Or maybe not enough.

I used to think that Republicans were just jerks. Now I'm convinced that they're all sick, evil, twisted pieces of [first of George Carlin's seven dirty words].
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2021, 08:15 PM   #257
shemp

That probably belonged in the “vent your anger” thread.

Sorry
"Never apologize, it is a sign of weakness." -- some Klingon

I used to think that Republicans were just jerks. Now I'm convinced that they're all sick, evil, twisted pieces of [first of George Carlin's seven dirty words].
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2021, 10:31 PM   #258
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher

Rogan said in April that he would not recommend the vaccine for someone who is 21 years old and healthy and exercises and eats right because they are at very low risk. He also commented on that saying he is not anti-vax and that he is not a respected source of information.

I don't think Rogan's statement is unreasonable. This is a new vaccine and even a new type of vaccine. It was developed and approved very quickly. At the time it had only been out a few months and was only under emergency authorization. There were some reports of side effects. Around that time J&J was suspended for rare side effects and was resumed because the benefits outweighed the risks. There is some risk involved in getting the vaccine.

The alpha variant did not affect young people very much, especially if they are healthy. There is only a small chance of getting covid in the first place. And for such a person the chances of death or hospitalization or even long covid or anything serious were very small.

I don't think Rogan was lying about having covid or his recovery. I also expect that he was vaccinated. He said last April that he was scheduled to get the J&J vaccine, but that was right before J&J was suspended. I expect he still got another vaccine.
Old 7th September 2021, 10:45 PM   #259
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
"Never apologize, it is a sign of weakness." -- some Klingon Trump
FTFY. And yes, he really believes that. Barbara Res, Trump's former executive vice president of the Trump Organization for 18 years, had this to say about him:

Quote:
Trump sees being sorry as a weakness. Acknowledging that you made a mistake shows that you are unsure, that you need someone else’s approval. Trump is never wrong, he needs no one’s acceptance or validation. This is a rule of his life and the guiding principle which informs all his actions and decisions.
I highly recommend reading the entire article. It gives a very clear insight into the narcissistic and sociopathic mind of Trump. And she should know.
Old 7th September 2021, 11:17 PM   #260
fishbob
Seasonally Disaffected

Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
Rogan said in April that he would not recommend the vaccine for someone who is 21 years old and healthy and exercises and eats right because they are at very low risk. He also commented on that saying he is not anti-vax and that he is not a respected source of information.

I don't think Rogan's statement is unreasonable. This is a new vaccine and even a new type of vaccine. It was developed and approved very quickly. At the time it had only been out a few months and was only under emergency authorization. There were some reports of side effects. Around that time J&J was suspended for rare side effects and was resumed because the benefits outweighed the risks. There is some risk involved in getting the vaccine.

The alpha variant did not affect young people very much, especially if they are healthy. There is only a small chance of getting covid in the first place. And for such a person the chances of death or hospitalization or even long covid or anything serious were very small.

I don't think Rogan was lying about having covid or his recovery. I also expect that he was vaccinated. He said last April that he was scheduled to get the J&J vaccine, but that was right before J&J was suspended. I expect he still got another vaccine.
Healthy non-likely to die younger people can spread the virus just as fast as older sicklier people. You are kind of missing the point of vaccinations. Slowing the transmission is just as important as not getting hospitalization sick.
fishbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2021, 12:27 AM   #261
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

And another one's down:

Quote:
A Florida councilman who pushed QAnon conspiracy gibberish and declared there was no pandemic is “darned sick” with COVID.
Volusia County Councilman Fred Lowry, 66, was hospitalized Monday night, according to the Daytona Beach News-Journal. He had reportedly been treated with monoclonal antibodies days earlier.
“He is in the hospital wrestling with COVID-19,” County Chair Jeff Brower announced.

Lowry, who also a pastor, was said to have been sick for a couple weeks before being brought to an emergency room to be treated for double pneumonia. Brower said a battle with pneumonia a couple years ago left Lowry’s lungs damaged.
Preaching at the Deltona Lakes Baptist Church in late May, Lowry told followers the COVID pandemic was a hoax.
“We did not have a pandemic, folks,” he claimed. “We were lied to.”

Lowry referred to the nation’s head immunologist, Dr. Anthony Fauci, as “Dr. Falsey,” and allegedly referred to the 80-year-old director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases as a liar and a sexual deviant. He also used his pulpit to share misinformation about climate science and pushed the absurd QAnon theory that powerful liberals drink the blood of babies.

“This is supposed to be rampant, I hear in Hollywood, and among the elite,” Lowry said. “I don’t know if it’s true, but where there’s smoke...”

Councilwoman Billie Wheeler said she’d been in touch with Lowry and that he is indeed
What a kook.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 8th September 2021 at 12:31 AM.
Old 8th September 2021, 05:56 AM   #262
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fishbob View Post
Healthy non-likely to die younger people can spread the virus just as fast as older sicklier people. You are kind of missing the point of vaccinations...
Amen. Upwards of twelve percent of the American public have had this disease. Some people immediately say, "Twelve percent? That's not too bad." What they seem to miss is -- and I don't mean deny, I mean miss -- is that twelve percent is after all the lockdowns, face mask mandates and social distancing. Imagine what the numbers would look like if we hadn't taken all those precautions?

I notice one recurring line of reasoning in people who want all businesses and schools open, no face mask requirement, no social distancing rules. They say, "I just want things to get back to normal." They seem to have decided, the real problem isn't the pandemic, it's the precautions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg She dont get it.jpg (96.5 KB, 13 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2021, 12:37 PM   #263
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Sure, he may have genuinely gotten a slight fever for a day or two. Plenty of mild viruses can do that. As I said, a slight head cold perhaps. But COVID? Unless he was already fully vaccinated, COVID tends to lay you low for some time - weeks.
It is more complicated than that, I was only sick with a fever for 24-36 hours, the fatigue, depression and so forth those all occured later and might not have been attributed to the being slightly sick with a 101 fever for 24 hours.

There are legitimately mild cases of covid.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2021, 12:42 PM   #264
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

And another one's down:

What a kook.

Or as it is now, main stream republican.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2021, 01:41 PM   #265
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

And another one's down:
Quote:
A Florida councilman who pushed QAnon conspiracy gibberish and declared there was no pandemic is “darned sick” with COVID. Volusia County Councilman Fred Lowry, 66, was hospitalized Monday night...

What a kook...
Labeling Fred Lowry a kook -- he's also posted on Facebook about how the 2020 election was "rigged" -- is putting it mildly. Below is bio information from a voter information site and I don't think it's what you'd expect. I know it's not what I expected. A Masters degree in education? A Ph.D? A former high school principal?
Quote:
[Lowry] also attended the University of Louisville for a short time while teaching high school there. He went on to complete a Masters degree in Education and finally a Ph.D. at Trinity Theological Seminary. Fred married high school sweetheart Vikki Cline on June 22, 1973 and are approaching their 45th anniversary...Fred has worked as a Math teacher and High School principal and most recently for 25 years as Senior Pastor at Deltona Lakes Baptist Church. Fred served as a Deltona City Commissioner 2010-2014 and is completing his first term as Volusia County Councilman District. Voter Focus dot com link
What in blazes happens to these people?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fred Lowry.jpg (32.5 KB, 5 views)
Old 8th September 2021, 03:15 PM   #266
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
It is more complicated than that, I was only sick with a fever for 24-36 hours, the fatigue, depression and so forth those all occured later and might not have been attributed to the being slightly sick with a 101 fever for 24 hours.

There are legitimately mild cases of covid.
Absolutely. But you would not have tested negative a few days later. The tests are for antibodies to the virus. And those would have been circulating furiously at that point, even if the reaction was very mild.
Old 8th September 2021, 03:21 PM   #267
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Labeling Fred Lowry a kook -- he's also posted on Facebook about how the 2020 election was "rigged" -- is putting it mildly. Below is bio information from a voter information site and I don't think it's what you'd expect. I know it's not what I expected. A Masters degree in education? A Ph.D? A former high school principal?

From the bio: "a Ph.D. at Trinity Theological Seminary". It's a degree mill / grifting opportunity. Only one step away from a Ph.D in Typewriting, and not much unrelated to televangelism or Liberty University. His Ph.D probably required a 10-week paid online course, and may not be worth the paper it is ink-jetted on.

I wonder if his Masters degree came from the same source...
Old 8th September 2021, 03:59 PM   #268
shemp

From the bio: "a Ph.D. at Trinity Theological Seminary". It's a degree mill / grifting opportunity. Only one step away from a Ph.D in Typewriting, and not much unrelated to televangelism or Liberty University. His Ph.D probably required a 10-week paid online course, and may not be worth the paper it is ink-jetted on.

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
Trinity College of the Bible and Theological Seminary, also known as Trinity College of the Bible, is a conservative evangelical Bible college and seminary located near Evansville, Indiana. Trinity offers distance education programs at undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degree levels for self-directed adult learners. Programs include Certificate, Associate, Bachelor, Master, and Doctorate (D.Min., D.R.S., and Ph.D.) studies.[1] In 2006, Trinity claimed more than 7,000 active students worldwide.[2]
Yeah, questionable at best.

Old 8th September 2021, 04:11 PM   #269
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Another perfect example of why I say even "intelligent" people can be idiots.
Old 8th September 2021, 04:14 PM   #270
Warp12
Graduate Poster

There is no doubt about that.
Old 8th September 2021, 04:24 PM   #271
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Trinity College of the Bible and Theological Seminary is not accredited by any local or national accrediting agency. In other words, their degrees aren't worth the paper they're printed on.
Old 8th September 2021, 04:34 PM   #272
slyjoe
Master Poster

Not sure what makes you think he is intelligent.
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2021, 05:17 PM   #273
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
Not sure what makes you think he is intelligent.
I said that before I knew his Ph.D. was from a worthless diploma mill!
Old 8th September 2021, 06:49 PM   #274
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

I think we missed this one at the end of August:

Quote:
GREENVILLE, S.C. — A tea party Republican who recently helped turn over the party leadership in South Carolina’s largest county has died from complications of Covid-19.

Pressley Stutts died Thursday, according to other party leaders and his family. The U.S. Navy veteran was 64.

Over the summer, Stutts led a group loyal to former President Donald Trump to force the resignation of several Greenville County Republican Party leaders after a failed bid to defeat state party chairman Drew McKissick.

Stutts said he was following Trump’s wishes to kick anyone who didn’t fully support the former president out of the Republican party.

Stutts had been hospitalized with Covid-19 since late July, frequently updating his health on Facebook.

In early August, he posted that Covid-19 was a serious and deadly man-made disease. The origin of the disease has not been determined by scientists.

Stutts said everyone should take the disease seriously, but was against mask mandates and felt people should not be pressured to get the vaccine and should not demand others get the shots.
Old 9th September 2021, 03:59 AM   #275
slyjoe
Master Poster

This makes no sense to me:

Quote:
Stutts said everyone should take the disease seriously, but was against mask mandates and felt people should not be pressured to get the vaccine and should not demand others get the shots.
What does it mean to take it seriously? Have a grim face when discussing it? Clutch some pearls, what?
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2021, 05:47 AM   #276
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

I mean, this place has never really had to grapple with how to deal with people who peddle woo and then die from preventable diseases because they bought into their own hype. It is just not something that we, as a group, have much grounding in. We probably are going to miss some of the nuance of such situations.

Maybe if there were a written record we could refer to it would help. We should think about setting something like that up. Even better if it were searchable so that people arriving more recently can read around a bit and see how certain arguments fly so poorly, no matter how often they are brought up.

It could be framed as and educational tool, if there were only a charity interested in sponsoring it.

Maybe I’m reaching, sorry. Just a fleeting idea.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2021, 08:02 AM   #277
ZiprHead
Critical Thinker

Trinity College of the Bible and Theological Seminary is not accredited by any local or national accrediting agency. In other words, their degrees aren't worth the paper they're printed on.
My former employer would have fired him if he was employed there. They fired anyone who had a degree from an unaccredited college.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we can't satisfy the rich.
ZiprHead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2021, 10:24 AM   #278
zorro99
Graduate Poster

Hard to keep up with them all.
Old 9th September 2021, 12:54 PM   #279
crescent
Illuminator

What actually convinces people to get vaccinated? Fear.

Quote:
The numbers suggest that the FDA fully approving the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine on August 23 did not make a significant difference. On the other hand, awareness of the deadly threat — increased at least in part by the "death shaming" of unvaccinated individuals dying from COVID and alarming stories of illness — seems to actually work at convincing people to get vaccinated.
So there you go. This calls for another link to the Herman Cain Award.
crescent is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2021, 08:16 PM   #280
sir drinks-a-lot
Illuminator

I sort of assumed he wasn't, and he confirmed this on his podcast today. not sure exactly why he's not vaccinated - I don't think he's against the vaccine since he mentioned having an appointment for the Pfizer in an earlier podcast, but said they ran out or something like that.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics