IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 20th October 2021, 07:27 AM   #401
Greebo
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
Oh Jesus! Sorry to hear that.

Oh, you live in Wiltshire. I think I saw something about Covid running wild in schools in Wiltshire right now. Is that right?
Yup, I use the Zoe app and their figures show around 12k cases in Wiltshire - don't remember them being that high before. In the peak last year it was 2-3 k from memory

Just checked government website - previous peak 7 day AVG was around 260 per 100k most recent figure is 430, in a fairly rural area too.

Last edited by Greebo; 20th October 2021 at 07:44 AM.
Greebo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2021, 05:45 AM   #402
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Greebo View Post
Be warned, rant to follow.

<snip>

She should be going to the theatre and for a meal on Saturday - this would be acceptable under guidelines. We are however keeping a low profile for the 5 days after the positive test and the theatre trip will be cancelled.

<snip>
I teach two Spin classes a week - a dozen or so people breathing heavily in a sealed room for up to an hour.

Several of the participants have children who have tested positive for Covid but as long as they test negative themselves, they can participate in the classes.

IMO it's only a matter of time before I catch it.
The Don is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2021, 12:34 PM   #403
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

My boy returned to school last week after they've been closed for three months.

The area we live in hasn't got a single case, and there hasn't been an exposure event within 10km of us in the past four weeks. Add to that, all teachers are fully vaccinated, the rate of 12+ vaccine coverage in the area is at 94%, and the schools have a range of protocols in place to reduce the chances of infection, should one arise.

A whole eight kids out of a class of 30 have returned to school.

No panic at all.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events