IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 25th August 2021, 12:07 PM   #81
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
I've made it abundantly clear that I'm talking about panic response, and you go off on a completely typical nonsense rant against some strawman you wish were participating in the thread. Your posts have nothing to do with what I'm saying.
1. Yes but we're all still waiting on who exactly is "panicking."
2. Every argument that makes your argument look bad isn't a "strawman" regardless of what the internet thinks.

"Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid." - Valery Legasov
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2021, 12:32 PM   #82
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
I've given you a detailed description - what more would you like?

2. Every argument that makes your argument look bad isn't a "strawman" regardless of what the internet thinks.
No, but statements (I wouldn't call them arguments) based on things I haven't said and positions I haven't taken are.
Old 25th August 2021, 12:34 PM   #83
jollyroger85
Banned

I can't help but notice some stress in your tone, perhaps you might calm down.
jollyroger85 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2021, 12:40 PM   #84
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by lionking View Post
The OP
Thanks. It followed my post so I wasn't sure it wasn't addressing me.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2021, 12:42 PM   #85
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

That is terrible. It's not all that clear from the news reports but that looks like the virus spread from someone in the nick-u to the infants, i.e. nosocomial.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2021, 12:52 PM   #86
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by jollyroger85 View Post
I can't help but notice some stress in your tone, perhaps you might calm down.
*Scoffs and fake outrage* Why, how dare you Sir? I am an evolved, logical person. I will have you know I save my emotions (which are a limited resource as well all know) for things like starting threads about how other people are being too emotional.

"Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid." - Valery Legasov
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2021, 12:58 PM   #87
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

"I know the truth but can't reveal it.

Sorry mate, I didn't realise we had James Bond in the thread.

Classic.

I'm sorry, Mr Bond, that information is confidential and I can't tell you.
It is mandated confidentially rules for anyone working in a health care facility. We cannot tell other people things we learn about people or the unit if we learned it on the job.

Quote:
Read the bolded part I just posted, and I'll note it here for you as well:

They're all going to get it at some stage.
I hate to break it to you, but children die every bloody day, and most of them for most idiotic reasons. We had one two days ago run over and killed in his driveway. Children die.
You can't support your position about not caring about kids dying from COVID without this whataboutism. It means you have no argument to give.

Quote:
Ah, so money is more important than lives.

Finally!
Dude, not cost effective means a lot of things: resources, time, but in that example, better approaches were available.

Quote:
[deleted more whataboutism]

Quote:
Happy to unpack that for you.

Pretty simple description from Dictionary.com that I don't believe anyone would disagree with.

n a sudden overwhelming fear, with or without cause, that produces hysterical or irrational behavior, and that often spreads quickly through a group of persons or animals.

Irrational. Note that word.

I see asking (using USA as an example) 76,999,632 kids to do enormous harm to themselves to protect 362 is highly bloody irrational.
From what I see here it is you who are being irrational. Where do you get the idea for that bolded sentence?

Quote:
Don't be dodging the question.

How many dead children would you consider a good outcome?
When did you stop beating your wife?

Quote:
The hell.

I started it here because - as I have been proven correct - it's a somewhat controversial topic and I don't like the medicine thread being about anything other than the science.

This is clearly a social issue.
In your dreams re the bolded part. I'm good with your explanation for the new thread however.
Old 25th August 2021, 01:09 PM   #88
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

What you're seeing is the perfect iteration of what I'm saying - there are people here panicking. I could list them for you, but that's not allowed.
This is so weird. It's like you are hallucinating.

Quote:
I'm seeing plenty of irrational behaviour here.
So put your mirror away.

Quote:
Hey, I'll give you 6 points for effort, but if you read that carefully, the babies were already in the NICU when they caught it. Geddit? They caught it while there from a parent. They aren't there because of Covid.
4 of them? No that is a unit outbreak. Maybe the parent, maybe the nurse. Do you not understand that these kids in intensive are now even more at risk of dying having been infected with a virus THAT CAUSES PNEUMONIA!

You seem to think COVID is not part of their diagnosis. It's not like it's incidental.

Quote:
No, I'm better than you because I read and understand posts before answering, so as not make an idiot of myself.
This is a joke, right?
Old 25th August 2021, 03:12 PM   #89
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
You can't support your position about not caring about kids dying from COVID without this whataboutism. It means you have no argument to give.
It's not whataboutism, it's about perspective.

Some people have no sense of it.

Dude, not cost effective means a lot of things: resources, time, but in that example, better approaches were available.
Still avoiding the question... Quelle surprise.

From what I see here it is you who are being irrational. Where do you get the idea for that bolded sentence?
It's exactly what you're saying. You want 99.9995% of kids to interrupt their education - forever - to protect that 0.0005% from dying.

I repeat, they're all going to get it at some stage, and if you think 6-monthly vaccinations for kids for a disease that does so little harm is an option I contend you're in fantasyland.

4 of them? No that is a unit outbreak. Maybe the parent, maybe the nurse.
Lionking presented the link to "prove" there were kids in ICU because of Covid, and it's nonsense. They were in the ICU and caught it there - which you do realise.

Do you not understand that these kids in intensive are now even more at risk of dying having been infected with a virus THAT CAUSES PNEUMONIA!
Obviously.

You seem to think COVID is not part of their diagnosis. It's not like it's incidental.
Of course it's bloody incidental, you admit that when you said it was brought in by a nurse or parent. The kids were not in ICU because of Covid.

I'm keenly awaiting the outcome of their infections, because I'm strongly picking the Covid infection won't cause their death.

This is a joke, right?
Of course it is, I have this terrible trait of when someone makes an idiotic post, I make a more idiotic one to highlight the stupidity.

Mea culpa maxima.
Old 25th August 2021, 04:52 PM   #90
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

This is so weird. It's like you are hallucinating.
Well perhaps I am hallucinating?

I took the dog for a long walk down the Railway Reserve* yesterday afternoon. After all TheAtheist's dire pronouncements about how this country is in crisis mode, with the public in a "Pandemic Panic", I was expecting to see hundreds if not thousands of hysterical people screaming and running around like decapitated chickens wailing and flailing in a blind frenzy... what I saw was....

....peace and tranquillity

The only other people I saw was a young couple pushing a pram and walking with another child, several cyclists and a few of other people also walking dogs.

Where are all those panicking people?

*NOTE FYI: The Railway Reserve is a 60 foot wide 20m wide, several miles long stretch of land that runs from the City of Nelson out through the southern suburbs of Stoke, Richmond and Brightwater in the rural tonw of Wakefield. Its where the railway tracks were pulled up in back in the 1950s and it has been turned into a recreational reserve.
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!
"Woke" is a pejorative term used by racists, bigots and homophobes to describe people who have a properly functioning moral compass!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2021, 04:53 PM   #91
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post

I took the dog for a long walk down the Railway Reserve* yesterday afternoon. After all TheAtheist's dire pronouncements about how this country is in crisis mode, with the public in a "Pandemic Panic", I was expecting to see hundreds if not thousands of hysterical people screaming and running around like decapitated chickens wailing and flailing in a blind frenzy... what I saw was....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wz1zakl6xh...4.44.jpg?raw=1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/zzoqx4g0sw...5.06.jpg?raw=1

....peace and tranquillity

The only other people I saw was a young couple pushing a pram and walking with another child, several cyclists and a few of other people also walking dogs.

*NOTE FYI: The Railway Reserve is a 60 foot wide 20m wide, several miles long stretch of land that runs from the City of Nelson out through the southern suburbs of Stoke, Richmond and Brightwater in the rural tonw of Wakefield. Its where the railway tracks were pulled up in back in the 1950s and it has been turned into a recreational reserve.
Everyone else had the good sense to flee the area.

I used to think that Republicans were just jerks. Now I'm convinced that they're all sick, evil, twisted pieces of [first of George Carlin's seven dirty words].

"Biden's a Commie, like the Rockefellers!" -- some idiot overheard
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2021, 04:56 PM   #92
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Everyone else had the good sense to flee the area.
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!
"Woke" is a pejorative term used by racists, bigots and homophobes to describe people who have a properly functioning moral compass!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2021, 06:28 PM   #93
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Entirely possible.

How completely droll.

Did I say everyone was panicking?

I do understand you're quite an old geezer and maybe not familiar with things like social media, but there's quite a lot of panic there.

Even this forum has members who are clearly acting irrationally.

And I ask whether this kind of headline - which has changed only in the maths during the past week - encourages calm response or panic response?

Gosh, I wonder. Oh, that's right, no I don't.

If you even thought about it for a billisecond you'd know the answer - shut up in their houses.
Old 25th August 2021, 07:48 PM   #94
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

It's not whataboutism, it's about perspective.

Some people have no sense of it.

Still avoiding the question... Quelle surprise.
BS to both of these.

Quote:
It's exactly what you're saying. You want 99.9995% of kids to interrupt their education - forever - to protect that 0.0005% from dying.
WTF does this have to do with vaccinating kids so they can keep the schools open?

Quote:
I repeat, they're all going to get it at some stage, and if you think 6-monthly vaccinations for kids for a disease that does so little harm is an option I contend you're in fantasyland.
This is stupid. First your prediction is absurdly premature. Vaccines often get a better response in kids meaning with current vaccines they might need an annual COVID vaccine along with their annual flu vaccine.

Quote:
Of course it's bloody incidental, you admit that when you said it was brought in by a nurse or parent. The kids were not in ICU because of Covid.

I'm keenly awaiting the outcome of their infections, because I'm strongly picking the Covid infection won't cause their death.
That's right, claim newborns with COVID surely won't get very sick.
Old 25th August 2021, 07:56 PM   #95
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

So let me see if I understand this correctly

700 people have broken lockdown rules in a period of 9 days in a country of nearly 5 million... and somehow this is panic?

On, wait, maybe its that the Police Chief and Police Minister are going to appear before MPs... and this panic?

Nope, sorry, not seeing it.

Oh, and yes, you whipper-snapper, I am perfectly aware of of Social Media and the dumb stuff that goes on there. I was probably aware of Social Media a long time before you ever heard of it. I was an early computer geek and regular Usenet user in the 1980s (using a TRS80 with all of 16KB of memory) and an acoustic modem to connect and exchange files and chat with other geeks all over the world. Hell, I even remember my email address and user name... mucp3!{c28vicau}!bskonian

However, I don't take much notice of Bookface or Twatter or any of those types of platforms. They contain too high a proportion of morons for my liking. Most of them are the types who would panic if they find a fly in their breakfast cereal or their boyfriend disses them, or they get unfriended by their BFF. That these idiots might panic over a pandemic is entirely unsurprising to me, and not even worthy of a moment of my attention.

Last edited by smartcooky; 25th August 2021 at 08:01 PM.
Old 25th August 2021, 07:58 PM   #96
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

"I know the truth but can't reveal it.

Sorry mate, I didn't realise we had James Bond in the thread.

Classic.

I'm sorry, Mr Bond, that information is confidential and I can't tell you.
Laugh and mock all you like. As has been made clear previously, I'm employed in a major childrens' hospital here in Sydney. A condition of our employment is patient data confidentiality. We take this seriously, VERY seriously, certainly far more seriously than you do. Posting stats of our internal clinical operations on an international public forum would be a massive confidentiality breach. I could, rightfully, be gaoled. So whether you joke I'm some secret agent or not, you have already been given all the clues you're going to get.

No, you know what? Scratch all that! You aren't taking this seriously at all, are you. This is just a ****-stirring game for you. You don't give a rats about children at all. So **** you, I'm out of this conversation.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2021, 08:03 PM   #97
HansMustermann
Penultimate Amazing

"Some of you may die, but it's a sacrifice I am willing to make" -- Lord Farquaad
Old 25th August 2021, 08:11 PM   #98
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Laugh and mock all you like. As has been made clear previously, I'm employed in a major childrens' hospital here in Sydney. A condition of our employment is patient data confidentiality. We take this seriously, VERY seriously, certainly far more seriously than you do. Posting stats of our internal clinical operations on an international public forum would be a massive confidentiality breach. I could, rightfully, be gaoled. So whether you joke I'm some secret agent or not, you have already been given all the clues you're going to get.

No, you know what? Scratch all that! You aren't taking this seriously at all, are you. This is just a ****-stirring game for you. You don't give a rats about children at all. So **** you, I'm out of this conversation.

I'm inclined to join you.
Old 25th August 2021, 09:56 PM   #99
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

BS to both of these.
Anything other than answering the question.

WTF does this have to do with vaccinating kids so they can keep the schools open?
How long is it going to take to vaccinate them all?

And what are the kids doing meantime? If they go to school, they'll spread the dreaded 'Rona - you can't have a dollar each way.

This is stupid. First your prediction is absurdly premature.
Well, let's wait and see. The vaccines were supposed to be outstanding.

Until they weren't.

Vaccines often get a better response in kids meaning with current vaccines they might need an annual COVID vaccine along with their annual flu vaccine.
"Often", "might".

Ok.

That's right, claim newborns with COVID surely won't get very sick.
I'm sure babies can get very sick with Covid. An incredibly tiny percentage of them.

I'll be watching those kids with great interest, because if Covid doesn't harvest the most vulnerable babies available, it will be a good assurance that it's not a danger for any babies.

So let me see if I understand this correctly
Of course you don't.

I made it obvious that we've had eight straight days of Stuff having that layout - screaming Covid and all other news relegated to the depths.

I made mention a couple of days ago about the 100-point screeches of "One-Year-Old Baby Has Covid!!1!!"

Not in hospital, not very sick, but did test positive. I'd even suggest testing tiny kids is more traumatic than the disease. At least at that age it won't remember it.

Laugh and mock all you like. As has been made clear previously, I'm employed in a major childrens' hospital here in Sydney. A condition of our employment is patient data confidentiality.
Is that confidential from your government as well? I ask because I've still seen no cases from the official data where Covid has caused a child under 10 to be admitted to an ICU. As noted, the cases mentioned by lionking are not.

We take this seriously, VERY seriously, certainly far more seriously than you do. Posting stats of our internal clinical operations on an international public forum would be a massive confidentiality breach. I could, rightfully, be gaoled. So whether you joke I'm some secret agent or not, you have already been given all the clues you're going to get.
Utter bollocks, and it's easy to prove it's bollocks, because you've already breached the rules by saying there are cases.

Let me know which jail you get sent to.
Old 25th August 2021, 11:31 PM   #100
Nosi
Master Poster

Originally Posted by paiute View Post
It'll be over when the fat lady is intubated.

Hiding from the
Nosi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2021, 11:53 PM   #101
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Did not understand the OP, but do tell me what number of kids you think is an acceptable death total for Covid, and how panic responses help the fight.
0, and I don't see panicked responses.

Quote:
Wow, do tell!

We already have James Bond in the thread, and now we're joined by Nostradamus!

A Red Letter Day indeed.

In what way will Covid not become endemic?
The same way we have gotten rid of Smallpox, and are near to ridding the planet of the likes of measles, polio, rubella, and mumps.

Vaccines and precautions around those that are sick. If we get every person that can be vaccinated, vaccinated, this goes the same way as Smallpox, SARS, MERS, and the Dodo. Heck, we could have ended this over a year ago but for the idiots in charge of the lifeboat who were more interested in preserving their political careers than saving lives.

There are exactly zero reasons for this to be endemic except for human stupidity. You literally live in a country that proved it could be done, and it's only because of the idiots outside of our borders refusing to deal with the problem in the same way, but rather sticking their heads in the sand and claiming there is nothing that they can do, that it has managed to make its way back here.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

Last edited by PhantomWolf; 25th August 2021 at 11:57 PM.
PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2021, 12:05 AM   #102
Nosi
Master Poster

The only way the USA will get to anything close to 80% vaccinated is to put vaccine mandates in force in the vast majority of private businesses. We are already seeing the beginning of that, as Biden mandated vaccination for Federal Workers, the military is mandating vaccinations for personnel, and Big Tech is mandating for their workers.

Hiding from the
Nosi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2021, 12:13 AM   #103
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Originally Posted by Nosi View Post
The only way the USA will get to anything close to 80% vaccinated is to put vaccine mandates in force in the vast majority of private businesses. We are already seeing the beginning of that, as Biden mandated vaccination for Federal Workers, the military is mandating vaccinations for personnel, and Big Tech is mandating for their workers.

Forgive my ignorance as come from a wee piece of nothing on the arse end of the world and have no idea of US employment contracts, but I still have trouble seeing how you can suddenly telling existing workers there is a new pre-provision you are vaccinated added, you didn't sign up for.

Don't get me wrong, workers rights may be crap there, but it is landmine stuff here.

2007 https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna16911044
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2021, 12:18 AM   #104
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
Forgive my ignorance as come from a wee piece of nothing on the arse end of the world and have no idea of US employment contracts, but I still have trouble seeing how you can suddenly telling existing workers there is a new pre-provision you are vaccinated added, you didn't sign up for.

Don't get me wrong, workers rights may be crap there, but it is landmine stuff here.
One area where our worker's rights is a pain, we're currently trying to determine the best way to deal with staff in the rest home that aren't getting vaccinated. Making it mandatory would be wonderful. As it is, it's a case of adding incentives to get it done and disincentives to avoiding it. In a lot of the US, you can almost pretty much fire someone for any reason you like, outside of directly because of their race, gender, or sexual preference.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

Last edited by PhantomWolf; 26th August 2021 at 12:20 AM.
PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2021, 12:34 AM   #105
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
One area where our worker's rights is a pain, we're currently trying to determine the best way to deal with staff in the rest home that aren't getting vaccinated. Making it mandatory would be wonderful. As it is, it's a case of adding incentives to get it done and disincentives to avoiding it. In a lot of the US, you can almost pretty much fire someone for any reason you like, outside of directly because of their race, gender, or sexual preference.
Totally agree, but it is one of those things I switch to a bit of a lefty over

You signed up for for what you signed up for and unless the govt make the vaccine compulsary then while annoying, you just have to work around weirdo ani=vaxxers.

Tell them their role now includes cleaning the cars in the car park all day etc. Just have to sork with job role and annoy the crap out of them till they do it.

cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2021, 12:42 AM   #106
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Why not? Even union contracts were no match for the requirement nurses had to get flu shots as an infection control measure. Hospitals won that one.

The world isn't stagnant. This is a public health crisis of the largest magnitude. The idea an employer can't 'make people get shots' is a knee-jerk reaction I have seen from TB skin tests made mandatory in fire departments to the flu shot example in hospitals. The facts say otherwise. The tests and vaccinations are now accepted realities.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 26th August 2021 at 12:44 AM.
Old 26th August 2021, 12:45 AM   #107
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Totally agree, but it is one of those things I switch to a bit of a lefty over

You signed up for for what you signed up for and unless the govt make the vaccine compulsary then while annoying, you just have to work around weirdo ani=vaxxers.

Tell them their role now includes cleaning the cars in the car park all day etc. Just have to sork with job role and annoy the crap out of them till they do it.
Workers have a right to quit.

Preferably however you work with people to get things done. For TB tests we told people they were mandatory and explained the reason was surveillance for a hazard for the whole department, not just the individual. Initially there were no consequences. The point of making them mandatory with no consequences was to show the employees management wholly endorsed the testing.

For flu shots it was thoroughly explained why it was an infection control measure, not something people were used to seeing a vaccine as being. Nurses had the option of wearing a mask for the flu season.

Now those shots are accepted as routine.

Delta wants employees to pay $200 more a month in health insurance premiums. Health insurance costs are going through the roof with unvaccinated employees driving them the highest. For some of the other companies it is a PR issue. You don't want an employee causing dozens of customers to have to be quarantined. For the schools, they are having trouble opening and unvaccinated adults are contributing to the problem.

Too bad you didn't sign up for this. Neither did the rest of us.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 26th August 2021 at 12:53 AM.
Old 26th August 2021, 12:49 AM   #108
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Why not? Even union contracts were no match for the requirement nurses had to get flu shots as an infection control measure. Hospitals won that one.

The world isn't stagnant. This is a public health crisis of the largest magnitude. The idea an employer can't 'make people get shots' is a knee-jerk reaction I have seen from TB skin tests made mandatory in fire departments to the flu shot example in hospitals. The facts say otherwise. The tests and vaccinations are now accepted realities.

Do you mind posting a link to that?

As from what I know forcing people to under go medical treatments not in their employment contracts is not only against simple employment law if already signed, it is against human ights law.

As I said. Minefield

Old 26th August 2021, 12:50 AM   #109
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Workers have a right to quit.
Point is at least here they wouldn't have to.

Old 26th August 2021, 12:59 AM   #110
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

The human rights law bit being why no sane countries govts have made vaxxing compulsary

Old 26th August 2021, 01:03 AM   #111
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Do you mind posting a link to that?

As from what I know forcing people to under go medical treatments not in their employment contracts is not only against simple employment law if already signed, it is against human ights law.

As I said. Minefield
What link do you want? There is no law here saying an employer can't mandate vaccinations or TB skin tests. Kind of hard to prove the negative there.

I can guarantee you both flu shots and TB skin tests were mandatory as I describe. It's been years now and both are accepted as routine.
Old 26th August 2021, 01:04 AM   #112
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Point is at least here they wouldn't have to.
You have a link to a NZ law that says employers can't add new mandates for vaccinations?

Human rights include mandating employees not endanger other employees or customers.
Old 26th August 2021, 01:08 AM   #113
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Current human rights law says no forced un wanted medical treatments.

Not sure why this is so new to you

Old 26th August 2021, 01:10 AM   #114
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

If it helps.

NZ

Can post international if needed

https://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/...DLM225509.html

Old 26th August 2021, 01:38 AM   #115
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

What link do you want? There is no law here saying an employer can't mandate vaccinations or TB skin tests. Kind of hard to prove the negative there.

I can guarantee you both flu shots and TB skin tests were mandatory as I describe. It's been years now and both are accepted as routine.
FFS There is no law here saying they CAN

Old 26th August 2021, 01:49 AM   #116
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Unless it is in a new contract the employee signs.

This **** ain't rocket science

Old 26th August 2021, 01:51 AM   #117
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

FFS There is no law here saying they CAN
Well I donít accept what you say without evidence. For what itís worth in Australia it is legal for employers to require vaccinations.

https://coronavirus.fairwork.gov.au/...-be-vaccinated

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2021, 01:51 AM   #118
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

Unless it is in a new contract the employee signs.

This **** ain't rocket science
More nonsense.

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2021, 01:55 AM   #119
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

More nonsense.

Fair enough

Happy to roll. Prove to me a company can force and existing eployee who has already signed a contract without it has to be vaxed or is sacked in NZ law.

I await with baited breath

Old 26th August 2021, 01:58 AM   #120
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Apologies meant can be sacked in nz law

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events