ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 16th April 2018, 01:46 AM   #2201
JeanTate
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Sol88 View Post
So lurakk sisser, you can get dragged kicking and screaming into the new paradigm or die out with the rest of the Big Bang, dark matter, dark energy, magnetic reconnection, pulsars, black holes, neutron stars, etc etc...era.

Or go read the book!

This is the first time in all the years of been following the EU that mainstream has come out with the admission

PLASMA the fundamental state of matter.

Solid, liquids and gasses are special states of matter.
So much nonsense, so little time.

Sol88, you write as if “the EU” and “mainstream” are both science. Yet you surely know, by now, that the former is avowedly anti-science, don’t you?

Plasma astrophysics is alive and well, as science. As it has been for your whole life. The EU’s “electric theorists” have made precisely zero contributions to that science. Something they clearly have no interest in changing. Ever.
JeanTate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 03:00 AM   #2202
Sol88
Master Poster

Electric currents in space?? NEVER it’s quasi-neutral and the magnetic field is “frozen” in!!!

So there can be NO electric currents!

The whole EU shebang has been based on that exact premise, plasma DOMINATES over puny gravity!

And now the mainstream HAVE to except it is of greater importance than GR,SR.

Einstein wrong??? Never

"No, never electric discharges" [Tusenfem]

Give up. Your idiocy knows no bounds. The electric comet woo is dead. R.I.P. [Jonesdave116]
Sol88 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 03:05 AM   #2203
Sol88
Master Poster

Paradigm shift

Quote:
Kuhn used the duck-rabbit optical illusion, made famous by Wittgenstein, to demonstrate the way in which a paradigm shift could cause one to see the same information in an entirely different way.[3]

Give up. Your idiocy knows no bounds. The electric comet woo is dead. R.I.P. [Jonesdave116]
Sol88 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 03:16 AM   #2204
Sol88
Master Poster

Originally Posted by JeanTate View Post
OT, but only slightly: visited EU central lately? It seems most of the pretense has gone ... EU is just a whisker away from declaring that it's openly anti-science (not just “alternative” science).

Maybe time to consider moving this thread to a more suitable forum?
Please feel free to post your source.

Old 16th April 2018, 03:30 AM   #2205
Sol88
Master Poster

This was the quote I was looking for

Quote:
Kuhn said, using a quote from Max Planck: "a new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it."[4]
And a little side story.

For quite a number of years i’d take the plasma ball and fluorescent tube and do show and tell with the my kids in their primary school class. First i’d Show them gravity, simply drop whatever I had at hand and viola gravity. Meh, we all know that no great excitement.

Next i’d tell them how a plasma ball works and then demonstrate the lighting of the fluorescent tube at distance and then by one student holding the globe and seeing how many we could “daisy chain” and still get the tube to light up (btw this was a ‘dead” tube)

Look on their faces, MAGIC and WONDER.

Few years later and in a higher class they were asked about the states of matter, my daughter shot her up her hand after the teacher had said solids, liquids and gasses and miss what about PLASMA the fundamental state of matter?

Later talking to that teacher she said it’s not in our curriculum to tell them anything about plasma as it is a special state of matter that only happens when you heat things up to be really really hot!

My kids at least have grown up with it.

Seems Max Planck was on the money!

Last edited by Sol88; 16th April 2018 at 03:33 AM.
Old 16th April 2018, 03:40 AM   #2206
Sol88
Master Poster

Classic point at hand

Quote:
Coronal loops form the basic structure of the lower corona and transition region of the Sun. These highly structured loops are a direct consequence of the twisted solar magnetic flux within the solar body.
wiki

And from the NEW book...

Quote:
Coronal loops, carrying electric currents, above the surface of the Sun
link

Along with being told the Suns plasma is way to dense for ANY charge separation to take place. Debye length anyone?

Are you going to up date the wiki page JeanTate?

Last edited by Sol88; 16th April 2018 at 03:42 AM.
Old 16th April 2018, 03:48 AM   #2207
Sol88
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Lukraak_Sisser View Post
Oh yes, I personally don't buy any of the electric universe stuff either, as it requires reality to be different than observed, but the EU crowd could at the same time prove everyone wrong AND solve the worlds energy crisis is they can tap the massive electrical fields they claim exist.

So, Sol88, does the Safire project require man-made electricity or not? Because if it does, it's just a glorified glow bulb.
Any electric currents in space, champ?

Last edited by Sol88; 16th April 2018 at 03:50 AM.
Old 16th April 2018, 04:55 AM   #2208
tusenfem
Master Poster

RPC-LAPElectric Field Signatures at the Diamagnetic Cavity of Comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko Birgitte Madsen

Have you read it tusenfem?

She’s put some work into this paper.

One of the more interesting conclusions

A double layer!

Charged particle signatures of the diamagnetic cavity of comet 67P/Churyumov–Gerasimenko Zoltan Nemeth
No a polarization electric field. Like I said before every DL is an electric field but not every electric field (even when created like mentioned above) is not a DL

(Max Headroom)
follow me on twitter: @tusenfem, or follow Rosetta Plasma Consortium: @Rosetta_RPC
tusenfem is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 05:05 AM   #2209
tusenfem
Master Poster

An Investigation Into Potential Causes of the Anomalistic Feature Observed by the Rosetta Alice Spectrograph Around 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko

Close to a comet the dust is negatively charged.
and? that is not what my comment was about.

The first detection of negatively charged nano grains was in a paper from 2015:
J. Burch et al., Observation of charged nanograins at comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko with data from 2014 when the comet was 3.5 AU from the sun and there was no diamagnetic cavity at that time.

(Max Headroom)
follow me on twitter: @tusenfem, or follow Rosetta Plasma Consortium: @Rosetta_RPC
tusenfem is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 05:11 AM   #2210
Sol88
Master Poster

Originally Posted by tusenfem View Post
No a polarization electric field. Like I said before every DL is an electric field but not every electric field (even when created like mentioned above) is not a DL
Ok then.

Quote:
Until recently, no electric field was thought to be present inside the diamagnetic cavity itself, leaving open the question about the closure of the current.
But you still have a current and an electric field at the diamagnetic cavity boundary layer.

Last edited by Sol88; 16th April 2018 at 05:15 AM.
Old 16th April 2018, 05:16 AM   #2211
Sol88
Master Poster

and? that is not what my comment was about.

The first detection of negatively charged nano grains was in a paper from 2015:
J. Burch et al., Observation of charged nanograins at comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko with data from 2014 when the comet was 3.5 AU from the sun and there was no diamagnetic cavity at that time.

Sorry.

I thought it was common knowledge. My bad.

What about the negatively charged nano-grains inside the DC? Does it make any difference when they were detected or just that they were detected?

Last edited by Sol88; 16th April 2018 at 05:18 AM.
Old 16th April 2018, 05:43 AM   #2212
tusenfem
Master Poster

Ok then.

But you still have a current and an electric field at the diamagnetic cavity boundary layer.
And, what am I supposed to do with this comment?

(the unmarked quote is from Brigitte Madsen's MSc thesis)

(Max Headroom)
Old 16th April 2018, 05:47 AM   #2213
tusenfem
Master Poster

Sorry.

I thought it was common knowledge. My bad.
What was common knowledge, that the dust is negatively charged? That all depends on the plasma environment that the dust is embedded in.

What about the negatively charged nano-grains inside the DC? Does it make any difference when they were detected or just that they were detected?
Of course it makes a difference, because YOU were making claims about the charging and the diamagnetic cavity. I just pointed out that they were observed also without the presence of a DC

(Max Headroom)
Old 16th April 2018, 05:56 AM   #2214
JeanTate
Graduate Poster

Here’s a little bit of history, of the plasma astrophysics kind.

In the 1950s, in a country Sol88 knows well, a band of intrepid scientists discovered “double lobes”, associated with giant elliptical galaxies. How did these giant lobes form (they are generally much bigger than the biggest galaxies)? A good, scientifically sound answer quickly appeared ... in the pages of relevant, peer-reviewed, journals: they are vast clouds of plasma, part of the intergalactic medium that is heated by highly relativistic jets slamming into it.

Exciting stuff! And the research has continued to this day; one of my faves is the fact that some such double lobes can be seen even when the host galaxies are too faint to be seen, even by WISE.

Do the anti-science guys (they’re all guys, strangely) who are involved with SAFIRE know this history? Apparently not. Do you, Sol88?

Feel free to check this out, Sol88; what are the estimated currents in these radio jets? How do they compare with those observed in the Sun’s corona (etc)? What current is required to power the Sun?

Let’s have more science and less nonsense, shall we?
JeanTate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 06:01 AM   #2215
JeanTate
Graduate Poster

Please feel free to post your source.
Hahahahaha!!!

Sol88, you are a regular comedian! Everybody knows where EU Central is, and the anti-science posts there are many indeed.
Old 16th April 2018, 06:28 AM   #2216
Sol88
Master Poster

Before any real science can start, do you acknowledge there are electric currents in space?

And that these electric currents can span vast distances? Like light years long?

Do said relativistic “jets” constitute an electric current, in your book jean tate?

Last edited by Sol88; 16th April 2018 at 06:32 AM.
Old 16th April 2018, 06:44 AM   #2217
tusenfem
Master Poster

So lurakk sisser, you can get dragged kicking and screaming into the new paradigm or die out with the rest of the Big Bang, dark matter, dark energy, magnetic reconnection, pulsars, black holes, neutron stars, etc etc...era.

Or go read the book!

This is the first time in all the years of been following the EU that mainstream has come out with the admission

You do understand that these are all review papers, which means they are based on a big set of old(er) papers, thereby completely crashing you statement that I bolded above.

(Max Headroom)
Old 16th April 2018, 06:53 AM   #2218
tusenfem
Master Poster

Electric currents in space?? NEVER it’s quasi-neutral and the magnetic field is “frozen” in!!!

So there can be NO electric currents!
What kind of ridiculous claims are this?
Another demonstration that Sol88 has learned nothing about what I and others have tried to teach him about plasma physics.
It's hopeless.

(Max Headroom)
Old 16th April 2018, 07:00 AM   #2219
tusenfem
Master Poster

This was the quote I was looking for

And a little side story.

For quite a number of years i’d take the plasma ball and fluorescent tube and do show and tell with the my kids in their primary school class. First i’d Show them gravity, simply drop whatever I had at hand and viola gravity. Meh, we all know that no great excitement.

Next i’d tell them how a plasma ball works and then demonstrate the lighting of the fluorescent tube at distance and then by one student holding the globe and seeing how many we could “daisy chain” and still get the tube to light up (btw this was a ‘dead” tube)

Look on their faces, MAGIC and WONDER.

Few years later and in a higher class they were asked about the states of matter, my daughter shot her up her hand after the teacher had said solids, liquids and gasses and miss what about PLASMA the fundamental state of matter?

Later talking to that teacher she said it’s not in our curriculum to tell them anything about plasma as it is a special state of matter that only happens when you heat things up to be really really hot!

My kids at least have grown up with it.

Seems Max Planck was on the money!
now please explain how a "plasma ball" works.

(Max Headroom)
Old 16th April 2018, 07:01 AM   #2220
tusenfem
Master Poster

Along with being told the Suns plasma is way to dense for ANY charge separation to take place. Debye length anyone?

Are you going to up date the wiki page JeanTate?

coronal loops do not carry current because of charge separation so "rolleyes" indeed.

(Max Headroom)
Old 16th April 2018, 07:22 AM   #2221
JeanTate
Graduate Poster

Before any real science can start, do you acknowledge there are electric currents in space?

And that these electric currents can span vast distances? Like light years long?

Do said relativistic “jets” constitute an electric current, in your book jean tate?
Sol88: the existence of "electric currents in space" has been known for ~a century, and was first confirmed via in situ measurements around the dawn of the Space Age (i.e. 1950s). As every ISF member who has been following your posts here for some time knows you know (see, for example, tusenfem's recent post). May we use the word "lie" then?

If you are truly interested in aspects of plasma astrophysics other than to do with the Sun and its immediate environs, please post in an appropriate ISF thread, and do not derail the discussion of SAFIRE.

So, back to SAFIRE: where, in space, is the equivalent of the cable(s) which fed power to the ball in SAFIRE (i.e. which constitute "the electric current which powers the Sun")?

Where does the SAFIRE team publish details of the density, composition, and temperature gradients of the medium surrounding the ball? Comparisons with what's known about those around the Sun?
Old 16th April 2018, 07:44 AM   #2222
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

Sorry, about 6 on the Mohs scale at -70c
OK, that's a start.

Now you tell me, ‘ol mate, why would the penetrator RECOIL off of the “ice” they found at 67P and not in the experiments they did to calibrate MUPUS-PEN before sending it on its PRIMARY mission?
Well, how hard did they expect the ice to be? And what's the limit of what they would be able to drill, given the weakness of gravity on the comet?

Oh, but wait: gravity isn't real. It's actually caused by electricity. That's what Thornhill believes. But never mind, that's off topic.
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 08:11 AM   #2223
JeanTate
Graduate Poster

Oh yes, I personally don't buy any of the electric universe stuff either, as it requires reality to be different than observed, but the EU crowd could at the same time prove everyone wrong AND solve the worlds energy crisis is they can tap the massive electrical fields they claim exist.

So, Sol88, does the Safire project require man-made electricity or not? Because if it does, it's just a glorified glow bulb.
Over the past ~decade or so, quite a few people have written extensively about the "Electric Sun" (and the EU in general). Some of them have posted here, in ISF.

One person who has not is Brian Koberlein, whose blog can be found here.

Back in 2014, he wrote about the Electric Sun, Testing the Electric Universe (despite the title, the blog post is mostly about the Electric Sun). The 501 comments on it are well worth you spending a few hours reading, when you have some idle time. Likewise those in the follow-up blog post from earlier this year, Just-So Story (as far as I know, Sol88 has not posted any comments to either, and may not even be aware of the blog).

The bottom line: those who like "the EU" (and SAFIRE, etc) are, almost without exception, anti-science. The source of this stance is also obvious: the "electric theorists" behind this (Thornhill, Talbott, and Scott) make little effort to demonstrate that they even understand what science is, let alone attempt to follow the scientific method. Further, the fact that they do nothing to attempt to "set the record straight" leads almost inevitably to the conclusion that they too are anti-science.
Old 16th April 2018, 08:24 AM   #2224
ferd burfle
Graduate Poster

Quote:
Kuhn said, using a quote from Max Planck: "a new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it."

We see this quote often from purveyors of nonsense. Let's take a look at the highlighted word. Woo-mongers hope you'll assume, as they do, that what they're selling is true when in fact it is codswallop. It's a variation on the Galileo gambit "They laughed at Galileo", to which the proper retort is "But Galileo was right".
Old 16th April 2018, 09:53 AM   #2225
Sol88
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
OK, that's a start.

Well, how hard did they expect the ice to be? And what's the limit of what they would be able to drill, given the weakness of gravity on the comet?

Oh, but wait: gravity isn't real. It's actually caused by electricity. That's what Thornhill believes. But never mind, that's off topic.
Did MUPUS-PEN drill or hammer?

Discussing anything with you mob is like bloody hearding cats!

And you never returned the courtesy I afforded you. Will you answer my question Ziggurat?

Last edited by Sol88; 16th April 2018 at 09:54 AM.
Old 16th April 2018, 10:36 AM   #2226
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

Did MUPUS-PEN drill or hammer?
Hammer, sorry. Not that this changes what I'm saying. Now, what hardness were they expecting? What are the constraints on the force that they could apply?

Quote:
And you never returned the courtesy I afforded you. Will you answer my question Ziggurat?
Well, I just answered one. Your previous question about why the penetrator would recoil is quite simple: they were wrong about the expected hardness. That's not a mystery, and they state so explicitly. But to understand the significance of that, we need to know what hardness they expected, and why.

It should be obvious, but encountering a hardness of cold solid ice cannot prove that it wasn't ice. So if they expected something less hard than cold solid ice, then encountering something harder than they expected doesn't prove it's rock.
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 10:38 AM   #2227
tusenfem
Master Poster

mupus: http://www.dlr.de/pf/en/desktopdefau...19_read-18906/

(Max Headroom)
Old 16th April 2018, 02:07 PM   #2228
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Electric Currents in Outer Space Run the Show

The universe is composed of what percentage plasma again?
Typical electric universe stupidity.
The standard physics od electric current sin plasma means that we have to be insane enough to ignore the evidence that the universe is less than 5% normal matter (plasma) .
Reality Check is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 02:10 PM   #2229
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Typical electric universe stupidity of ignoring the real universe and lying.
The book 'Electric Currents in Geospace and Beyond' is standard plasma physics - the current paradigm.
The book 'Electric Currents in Geospace and Beyond' is not cosmology (Big Bang, dark matter, etc.).
The book 'Electric Currents in Geospace and Beyond' is not astrophysics (pulsars etc.).

Last edited by Reality Check; 16th April 2018 at 02:11 PM.
Reality Check is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 02:18 PM   #2230
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Electric currents in space?? NEVER it’s quasi-neutral and the magnetic field is “frozen” in!! ...
Usual lies from Sol88, see 826 items of ignorance, idiocy (citing irrelevant mainstream papers), delusion and lies dating from 29 August 2016 to 13 April 2018 (maybe hundreds more in the last 8 years!)

Plasma is always quasi-neutral.
The frozen-in magnetic field approximation is sometimes still used in MHD but we went past ideal MHD (which requires it) over 30 years ago !
We have always studied electric current in space and plasma.
Plasma can never always dominate over gravity (quasi-neutrality).
A delusion that plasma physics is GR or SR.
Old 16th April 2018, 02:20 PM   #2231
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

The stupidity of a mainstream plasma physics book being a Paradigm shift
Old 16th April 2018, 02:22 PM   #2232
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

This was the quote I was looking for ...
The stupidity of a mainstream plasma physics book being a Paradigm shift
Old 16th April 2018, 02:28 PM   #2233
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Classic point at hand...
Classic lies about wiki and what the book states. wiki is what coronal loops are. The book quote is that hey also have electric currents in them (ell duh - plasma in a magnetic field!)

The lie is that these are about charge separation.

The truth still is (as explained to him many times that plasma acts as neutral at scales over the Debye length.
Old 16th April 2018, 02:39 PM   #2234
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down A "smattering of dust" lie about the working model of comets

Rosetta has thrown a spanner in that simpleton model!
17 April 2018: A "smattering of dust" lie about the working model of comets.

17 April 2018: A lie that Rosetta has shown anything about his lie of a model.
We have known that some comets have more dust than ices since 2005 (Deep Impact and Tempel 1).

On the other hand we have Sol88 who blindly believes in an obvious liar, electric comet insanity, deluded papers and everything else the Thunderbolts cult vomits out. See this stupidity in the SAFIRE thread where denial of the existence of neutron stars, etc. are some of his cult's delusions.

A few of Thornhill's lies, fantasies and delusions.
18 November 2010: The lies, failures and successes of Thunderbolts Deep Impact predictions by Wal Thornhill
2 December 2014: Sol88 does not notice that Wal Thornhill narrates an ignorant and deluded video about 67P!
18 December 2014: The bad science and delusions in Newton’s Electric Clockwork Solar System by Wal Thornhill.
5 January 2015: Wal Thornhill makes up fantasies about comets

10th April 2015: The ignorance, delusions and lies in the Thunderbolts web site, videos, etc.
13 April 2018: A couple of the delusions in Scott's Birkeland current paper.

The electric comet delusion has at least 45 years without a scientific electric comet model or observations to support it !

Getting lose to 3 years of the fear of doing basic physics: 25 June 2015 Sol88: Use a impact calculator to calculate the size of the crater on a comet made of rock by the Deep Impact impactor.

Sol88's comet delusions include comets are rocks; these rocks were blasted from the Earth including recently; blasting was by electrical discharges between Earth and Venus; an imaginary solar electric field charges up comets; the charge causes never detected electrical discharges; comet jets are electrical discharges; images show that comets are rocks; Birkeland currents in comets and their tails with no appropriate magnetic field; papers using bedrock to describe layers of ices support his comet are rock delusion, imaginary double layers do magic; many years of lying that ices have not been detected on comets, a "hard shell of refractory material on the outside" lie, insanity of consolidated ices and dust in papers being rock.

826 items of ignorance, idiocy (citing irrelevant mainstream papers), delusion and lies dating from 29 August 2016 to 13 April 2018 (maybe hundreds more in the last 8 years!)

Last edited by Reality Check; 16th April 2018 at 02:42 PM.
Old 16th April 2018, 02:49 PM   #2235
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down A "know before hand to as hard as rock" double lie

Why not build the probe to penetrate the “ice” know before hand to as hard as rock?
17 April 2018: A "know before hand to as hard as rock" double lie.
MUPUS PEN was the first attempt to measure the hardness of ices on a comet.
MUPUS PEN gave us a lower limit for the hardness of a layer of ice on one location on 67P which was not as hard as rock .The results were consistent with a layer of sintered ices which he knows .

Last edited by Reality Check; 16th April 2018 at 02:54 PM.
Old 16th April 2018, 09:47 PM   #2236
Lukraak_Sisser
Illuminator

Or go read the book!

You know: you, Bjarne, Markie, Pixy of Key, Maartten100, and Jeffreyw ALL claim that soon 'a new paradigm' will 'sweep away' all known physics.
In all cases that is because you lot claim that all that observed, tested, repeated, theoretically predicted, functional stuff is somehow a lie and your personal idea (which in all cases lacks both an actual theory, experimental data and usually goes against actual observations), will soon be accepted.

Yet all your ideas are mutually exclusive. If you are right, all of them are wrong. But that goes both ways.

And I've never seen any evidence that any of you have even tried to reconcile your ideas or even tried to convince each other.

If your arguments are so weak you cannot even convince other fringe
'scientists' to give it at least a passing mention, I'm not holding my breath that it will soon replace actual physics any time soon.

As for your Gallileo gambit. You are right, some ideas slowly replace others. But you keep forgetting that many many ideas just turned out to be wrong.

Electricity and currents of course can exist in space (take the Io/Jupiter lightning), but the currents are small, localized and do not have any effect on planetary orbits, the working of the sun or anything else your pet theory claims.
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th April 2018, 06:23 AM   #2237
Sol88
Master Poster

coronal loops do not carry current because of charge separation so "rolleyes" indeed.
but for current to flow in the loops there must be a potential difference and in a plasma this would be because of seperation of charges.

Old 17th April 2018, 06:28 AM   #2238
Sol88
Master Poster

You know: you, Bjarne, Markie, Pixy of Key, Maartten100, and Jeffreyw ALL claim that soon 'a new paradigm' will 'sweep away' all known physics.
In all cases that is because you lot claim that all that observed, tested, repeated, theoretically predicted, functional stuff is somehow a lie and your personal idea (which in all cases lacks both an actual theory, experimental data and usually goes against actual observations), will soon be accepted.

Yet all your ideas are mutually exclusive. If you are right, all of them are wrong. But that goes both ways.

And I've never seen any evidence that any of you have even tried to reconcile your ideas or even tried to convince each other.

If your arguments are so weak you cannot even convince other fringe
'scientists' to give it at least a passing mention, I'm not holding my breath that it will soon replace actual physics any time soon.

As for your Gallileo gambit. You are right, some ideas slowly replace others. But you keep forgetting that many many ideas just turned out to be wrong.

Electricity and currents of course can exist in space (take the Io/Jupiter lightning), but the currents are small, localized and do not have any effect on planetary orbits, the working of the sun or anything else your pet theory claims.
And that’s the difference between the EU and big bangers!

We believe it does without making fairytales up.

Old 17th April 2018, 06:31 AM   #2239
Sol88
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
Hammer, sorry. Not that this changes what I'm saying. Now, what hardness were they expecting? What are the constraints on the force that they could apply?

Well, I just answered one. Your previous question about why the penetrator would recoil is quite simple: they were wrong about the expected hardness. That's not a mystery, and they state so explicitly. But to understand the significance of that, we need to know what hardness they expected, and why.

It should be obvious, but encountering a hardness of cold solid ice cannot prove that it wasn't ice. So if they expected something less hard than cold solid ice, then encountering something harder than they expected doesn't prove it's rock.
But it ain’t fluffy dust or porous “ice” either!

Rock is harder than ice in the example I gave to you, no Ziggurat?

PS you are aware of the analogs they were testing to simulate the surface of a comet?

Last edited by Sol88; 17th April 2018 at 06:33 AM.
Old 17th April 2018, 06:39 AM   #2240
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

And that’s the difference between the EU and big bangers!

We believe it does without making fairytales up.
Bwahahahahahahaha!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology